Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

There are other things on BB that bother me too. His Yami Yami no Mi is pretty damn powerfull but very risky as well, because he isnt invincible (except haki) like other logia fruits - But still(!) he can take looots of damage and he always stay up again. Its terrifiing! Just like Luffy - i like to refer at this point to the fight of luffy agains Don Krieg, Crocodile or Lucci. Luffy got down so often, but he has a willpower out of this world which made him stand up until the fight as over.
    I guess this kind of willpower has something to do with the "D" - the willpower to achieve the goals, or die trying.
    How hard would it be to see Luddy and BB fighting each other. No one would give up so easily... I can even imagine that this fight will go to either ones death.
    But thats too far fetched now.
    So what i wanted to imply is that it might could have something to do with the "D" - i for myself think the Yami Yami no Mi theory, that he absorbed the Power and keeps it because of his Yami Yami no Mi, is way more logical. But the Willpower to survive and reach the goals no matter what could be an indicator why it is only accessable for the "D" successors.

Now it gets across threads but i want to add something interesting here:

If it really is because of the "D" - and the fact that the People with the "D" are very special - that thats the reason why BB can have 2 DFs, then i think that Luffy himself could get the Mera Mera no Mi.
    As a counterpart of BB he may have to get a second ability.
    We also know that Oda gives us unclear predictions and foreshadowing from time to time. And the Jump Cover from the issue where OP Chapter 699 was in bothers me the most of it:
    Spoiler show

I know that he already has his Red Hawk technique which implies heat into his attack so it might just be a refeerence to that.

But well, i give the Theory of People with "D" being able to eat 2 Fruits barely 20-25%
    If thats True i give Luffy a chance of 70-80% of getting the Mera Mera no Mi for himself.
    The Theory that BB absorbed WBs ability just because of his own ability, like he can absorb and hold any power as long as he wants to a 70-80% chance as well.

So you see, the Theory i was talking about i found unlikely, but interesting enough to tell you guys to bring you to new ideas for this topic. (And for the Mera Mera no Mi topic)
    Last edited by BurnSchulz; March 29, 2013 at 07:00 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Avid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    I was referring to you talking about their behavior.
    I'm saying that they were behaving in an intense manner and it's not entirely clear why, and everything else in that post I made before.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

"the fact that the People with the "D" are very special - that thats the reason why BB can have 2 DFs, then i think that SpongeBob himself could get the Mera Mera no Mi. "

You forgot the most famous person in the D clan: Gol D Roger!

So far in the series, BB is the one and only one who has 2 df powers, Roger might have been a df user but he didn't have 2 df powers otherwise everyone would know having 2 df in 1 person is possible. That's a very strong reason that BB is the unique one due to his dark logica. If Roger didn't have 2 df then it implies Luffy won't have mera mera in the future.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with that. If having a D was enough to be able to handle 2 DFs then odds are people with 2 DFs would not be quite unheard off. Ds are ancient and DFs are too, I don't see how such a thing could be kept secret. The world government in particular should have even more reason to either hunt down or recruit Ds as they come.

Honestly though, is BB even a real D? WB made the point that BB was different from what those who carry the name of D are supposed to be so perhaps he simply adopted the letter rather than being a real D like luffy, ace, roger, dragon or saulo? I think we should consider the possibility that BB understood the implications of having the letter in his name and simply adopted it. I guess it is a bit of a longshot though.

Another thing we have too consider here is that the whole D thing is not necessarily genetic in the least. Remember Saulo? He was a D but yet he was not even of the same specie as other Ds. While Ds do seem to inherit the name I have my doubts about them having any special genetic relationship between them that would make them special.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    "the fact that the People with the "D" are very special - that thats the reason why BB can have 2 DFs, then i think that SpongeBob himself could get the Mera Mera no Mi. "

You forgot the most famous person in the D clan: Gol D Roger!

So far in the series, BB is the one and only one who has 2 df powers, Roger might have been a df user but he didn't have 2 df powers otherwise everyone would know having 2 df in 1 person is possible. That's a very strong reason that BB is the unique one due to his dark logica. If Roger didn't have 2 df then it implies Luffy won't have mera mera in the future.
    roger was df user ?? which df ??

i think roger was non-df user. as far we see all roger's man r normal people. buggy is df user but its was because of mistake/accident/greed

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it CONFIRMED that Blackbeard ate guro guro no mi? What if he just absorbed the power, but not necessarily the fruit? Or he did somethin to combine both power or fruit together? That could explain how he could have two devil fruit or power without being affected by the consequence.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    roger was df user ?? which df ??

i think roger was non-df user. as far we see all roger's man r normal people. buggy is df user but its was because of mistake/accident/greed
    He said might.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The act was hidden on purpose of course. DF can be inserted into objects. There are no two identical DF. DF reincarnate after DF user's death. Once a devil Fruit is used it becomes powerless. No person can eat two DF. We have no idea how long it takes for a fruit to be reborn. What we know as FACT: He stole DF by killing pirate and his touch has the same effects as sea stone. Now I chose to be very specific on the wording as we do not know a lot. He obviously did not eat a fruit from Whitebeard, but it was never shown him eating the darkness one either. Was the cape to cover the theft or to trap DF's aura?
    My THEORY:
    He put one of the abilities in something other than him. He can have an artificial limb (cyborg or transplant) and used his ability to pull the aura into that object. Or he had put the darkness into an earring and was able to absorb the ability into himself as he never had an ability. I think he was actually powerless during his fight with ACE. Yet was able to use the darkness through contact with a DF powered object.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

The secret to DF is sunlight. “Darkness is gravity! The power to pull everything in... and spare not even a ray of light!... Infinite gravity!” — Marshall D. Teach. So to steal an ability the ability has to be released through death. With the body covered the DF aura cannot move through the light to its new vessel. His unique ability can draw the aura's wavelength through his body, like microwaves through a blackhole. The wavelength is ejected when the soul leaves the body as the power contains the physical body and is bound to the soul. That is why Logias can make the body transient. Brooke is the exception as his ability is a soul paramecia (The power contains the soul, and can move freely once the soul is unbound from the body). Sunlight is fantastic as a transporter as the plant absorbs the aura through sunlight to grow the DF. This also is the exact opposite transmission to sea water which refracts the sunlight and diffuses the aura making it weak. Explaining the inability to swim, the body which is contained in the aura's power does not function as the aura is diffused.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blanka View Post
    The act was hidden on purpose of course. DF can be inserted into objects. There are no two identical DF. DF reincarnate after DF user's death. Once a devil Fruit is used it becomes powerless. No person can eat two DF. We have no idea how long it takes for a fruit to be reborn. What we know as FACT: He stole DF by killing pirate and his touch has the same effects as sea stone. Now I chose to be very specific on the wording as we do not know a lot. He obviously did not eat a fruit from Whitebeard, but it was never shown him eating the darkness one either. Was the cape to cover the theft or to trap DF's aura?
    My THEORY:
    He put one of the abilities in something other than him. He can have an artificial limb (cyborg or transplant) and used his ability to pull the aura into that object. Or he had put the darkness into an earring and was able to absorb the ability into himself as he never had an ability. I think he was actually powerless during his fight with ACE. Yet was able to use the darkness through contact with a DF powered object.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

The secret to DF is sunlight. “Darkness is gravity! The power to pull everything in... and spare not even a ray of light!... Infinite gravity!” — Marshall D. Teach. So to steal an ability the ability has to be released through death. With the body covered the DF aura cannot move through the light to its new vessel. His unique ability can draw the aura's wavelength through his body, like microwaves through a blackhole. The wavelength is ejected when the soul leaves the body as the power contains the physical body and is bound to the soul. That is why Logias can make the body transient. Brooke is the exception as his ability is a soul paramecia (The power contains the soul, and can move freely once the soul is unbound from the body). Sunlight is fantastic as a transporter as the plant absorbs the aura through sunlight to grow the DF. This also is the exact opposite transmission to sea water which refracts the sunlight and diffuses the aura making it weak. Explaining the inability to swim, the body which is contained in the aura's power does not function as the aura is diffused.
    That's a fresher take in a out of left field kind of way, but we have zero reason to think you can apply anything but a Zoan to an inanimate object.

I can't say I totally believe he had a reason other than showmanship for the cloth, especially with that speech he gave.

Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a theory that Blackbeard got a Cerberus Power right? He was able to get Whitebeard's power.
    Three Heads - Three Devil Fruit Slots.

The scar that he gave to Shanks was probably caused by his former weapon not because of Cerberus Claws.
    Spoiler: Teach's Former Weapon show

I think this page is a foreshadowing that will help that theory:
    Spoiler: One Piece Chapter 40 show

And there's also a Dragon.

"It's a Cerberus get rid of him." - Getting rid of Blackbeard?
    "It's a Dragon, capture it!"- Capturing Monkey D. Dragon? Monkey D. Dragon will be captured? Capturing Momonosuke?(Dragon Smile)

Can this be a foreshadowing that the Strawhats will chase after Cerberus(Blackbead) and someone/some group will capture Dragon or Momonosuke. Well Doflamingo captured Momonosuke right?
    Last edited by FaustXIII; November 15, 2013 at 07:02 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Aside from fan theories, there's nothing connecting Blackbeard to a cerberus. Not a single mention. Three skulls is too little to go from. They could mean anything.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member 7pac's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Tbh, it's almost cliche not to think that df originate on raftel. So i don't think he ate the fruit. I'm keen on the absorbed ability.

But what could also be is using the yami yami no mi powers to surpress his own df, the yami yami, so it would basically be the yami yami surpressing the yami yami, allowing him to only have 1 fruit. the gura gura.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm about to say is probably going to kill a lot of theories: The WB pirates did not know what kind of fruit that 4th Division Commander Thatch had found, except for Teach of course. Marco said to his crew that: "you all know that Teach's body is atypical" meaning they knew something about his body makeup before Teach gained the Yami Yami no Mi.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; November 15, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
    The three brothers

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cavendish's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FaustXIII View Post
    There's a theory that Blackbeard got a Cerberus Power right? He was able to get Whitebeard's power.
    Three Heads - Three Devil Fruit Slots.

The scar that he gave to Shanks was probably caused by his former weapon not because of Cerberus Claws.
    Spoiler: Teach's Former Weapon show

I think this page is a foreshadowing that will help that theory:
    Spoiler: One Piece Chapter 40 show

And there's also a Dragon.

"It's a Cerberus get rid of him." - Getting rid of Blackbeard?
    "It's a Dragon, capture it!"- Capturing Monkey D. Dragon? Monkey D. Dragon will be captured? Capturing Momonosuke?(Dragon Smile)

Can this be a foreshadowing that the Strawhats will chase after Cerberus(Blackbead) and someone/some group will capture Dragon or Momonosuke. Well Doflamingo captured Momonosuke right?
    Actually the "Cerberus" Usopp meant was the one they met at Thriller Bark
    the Dragon is the one he meets at Punk Hazard, the giant goldfish he tells about is the first one of his big stories who've become true now. I love Oda for that cliché!

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 729 Discussion / 730 Predictions- BREAK NEXT WEEK; CHAPTER RETURNS WEEK OF 02/12

Guys. Even though Blackbeard has NOTHING to do with this chapter I would still like to butt in.

Marco saying that his body is special can mean many things. As of now it only means that his body can ENDURE 2 devil fruits, not that his body is the reason that he can have two. The Yami-Yami no Mi sucks in everything. We could see vs. Ace that if he touches a DF friut user it temporarily sucks in the power. So to me it's obvious that he used the DF to extract the Gura-Gura. If it was just his body why wait so long for the Yami Yami? He could've killed ace and many more in their sleep and take their DF's in. The Yami-Yami is obviously the key and it fits perfectly since it sucks everything in.

I don't understand why people are theorizing about everything. Him being two persons, Zerberus and what not. I know it is Oda but still - the Yami-Yami is 99% the reason why he has two devil fruits.

New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast