Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

Quote Originally Posted by faiz461 View Post
    i'm totally with the chimera/cerberus theory, along with Yami-Yami no Mi's ability to "suck in" devil fruit power. why?

1. at Jaya, Luffy and Zoro said that Teach wasn't a "he", but rather "they".
    They were just saying that blackbeard had other crewmembers on the island. There is no real mistery here.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    They were just saying that blackbeard had other crewmembers on the island. There is no real mistery here.
    i'll just quote what Azuma said:
    No, Blackbeard was introduced in Jaya for the first time. Luffy didn't even know he was Blackbeard until they met in Impel Down.

I think Nami asking Luffy and Zoro if he has companions is a red herring to make the scene more ambigious. Him having a crew or not would have been rather irrelevant for them if you think about it . Quite frankly, I don't even see why they would respond by saying that he has a crew. If you interpret it as they saying he has a crew, a paraphrased scene would be something like this, which makes little sense:

Nami: He probably knows something about the Sky Island.
    Zoro & Luffy: Don't know. It's not a "he" though, he has companions.

It is far more logical that they corrected her when she assumed that he's one person, to me at least, and in line with the direction of the conversation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How in the world would Luffy and Zoro know that Teach, someone who they don't even know, haven't met before, haven't sailed with, or even fought against, have an "abnormal" body?

Luffy and Zoro correctly guessed that he was a pirate and had a crew probably from his speech he gave them. Where he casually mentioned the "Age of Pirates" and how dreams will never die. They could easily assume from that line alone that he was a pirate and most likely had a crew. Zoro himself even says probably.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

We should not over think the incident in Mock town. Luffy and Zoro had noted that BB and his crew mates stood out from the rest. There is nothing more than that. The place was flocked with pirates and Zoro & Luffy's intuition told them that the men were together. As for BB I think that there his possession of multiprocessing fruits is due to Yami Yami no Mi.

We know from early OP that DF contain 'devils' within them and consuming two will have both devils fight ultimately killing the owner. However BB YYnM sucks in the ability as we'll. This allows him to successfully posses several fruits at once. BB has had an association with three & I think he is also going to have three fruits.

I am going to go for Marco as the final piece to complete his trifecta. We know of the disadvantages of YYnM and the Phoenix fruit easily makes up for its inconvenience. Marco is also BB enemy and it makes sense to me that he would seek to eliminate them. I know you are thinking that BB is going to be OP. To beat this Oda is not going to make his haki as great or will completely deny him all together.

Thoughts?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Makki's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the truth lies in his flag. There are 3 heads on it. I believe that is some reference to his ability. He has 2 powers now. I believe he is capable of having 3 in total.
    Perhaps that is his actual ability.
    I know this is a very famous theory, but all the hints mentioned in earlier posts "Zoro and Luffy saying "they" and so on lead to this. No idea how Oda could pull it off but I'm so excited to see it in the future.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

By what kind of magic could have zoro and luffy know about this secret ability even Blackbeard crewmembers didn't know. There is a very simple explanation fir the they and this is the one which is correct.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    How in the world would Luffy and Zoro know that Teach, someone who they don't even know, haven't met before, haven't sailed with, or even fought against, have an "abnormal" body?
    16 chars of instinct

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

16 chars of instinct
    Their instinct are good, but they aren't that damn good. There is no real reason to think that Luffy and Zoro were referring to Blackbeard alone, especially after Oda just introduced his entire crew beforehand.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Their instinct are good, but they aren't that damn good. There is no real reason to think that Luffy and Zoro were referring to Blackbeard alone, especially after Oda just introduced his entire crew beforehand.
    at that time, i would think that there would be no special reason. i just think that luffy and zoro are somewhat gifted in this field. zoro has the ability to tell whether a sword is cursed or not, when there is no logic/basis for this. even the shop owner was surprised. and to make it more insane, he bet his arm against it. now what do you call that? experience? luck? or plain instinct? i would think of the latter.

luffy on the other hand, always seem to know who is opponents should be (always the strongest person). and during his fight with mr 3 when he kick the original body of mr 3. we could relate that to CoO, but at that time, it's pure instinct.

but anyway, until the truth is revealed about blackbeard, and Oda himself explaining the jaya situation, we may never know for sure. sure, i look like someone who's looking too deep into something, when the meaning is clear at the surface, but hey, you never know right?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, still a heated argument after such a long time about his Dual DF.
    Cerberus, Chimear etc. theories seem possible to me because of the flag and his atypical body. But I think it's because of the Yami Yami No Mi since he really wanted that fruit before anything else. If he had the ability before to consume a second fruit it's weird that he would pass on additional fruits except if the amount was limited and he really wanted the YAmi yami no mi and the gura gura no mi. In the end it's probably going to be a combination of effects. By the way, the claim that Zorro and Luffy called him they and saw through he's nature is ridiculous. Nobody else in Marineford understood it so if it's something that can be seen with some instinct it's weird that nobody mentioned anything there. Maybe that's Oda keeping us gessing but I don't believe that.

Now a new thing for the discussion:

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/650/7

He isn't using the Gura Gura no Mi at all. Is it possible that he can only use stolen fruits for a limited amount of time? Is the total usage limited? Or does he just want to rely on the Yami Yami No Mi for small jobs and unleash the Gura Gura No mi only when he's in a pinch?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

1. at Jaya, Luffy and Zoro said that Teach wasn't a "he", but rather "they".
    Its stated often enough that this was because Zoro and Luffy knew that he wasnt alone on this island. They recognized his whole behaving as being a pirate himself and as that being part of a pirate crew.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner uberfayt's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Now there is another clue about BB that we must not overlook: In chapter 650, Jinbei tells luffy that BB has gone man-hunting on DF users and that conquered a lot of territory, "but strangely enough without using the gura gura fruit" !! yet during the marineford war arc he was shown capable of using both powers at once...does that mean that he can somehow "equip" DF one at a time and gain their abilities, somehow related to the Yami Yami's void property ?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

There are certainly some interesting theory's going around for how BB got multiple DF powers.

1) BB ate the Yami Yami no mi and 'somehow' ate the Gura Gura no mi
    2) BB ate the Yami Yami no mi and his 2nd head ate the Gura Gura no mi
    3) BB ate the Yami Yami no mi and his saimese twin ate the Gura Gura no mi
    4) BB ate the Yami Yami no mi and the Yami Yami no mi ate the Gura Gura no mi in a black hole.

I'm sure there are others, but how would we find out what is the correct solution? I say, if you know that you are going to fight BB, bring a DF with you to the fight. Keep it hidden until he uses his Yami Yami no mi against you and reveal it just before he grabs you. Depending on how his multiple ability works he will panic and reveal something about his secret. You may not even need to bring a REAL DF. One made up to look like one would be sufficient.

The only trouble is getting away afterwords to spread the word.

P.S. If it was a real DF, you stand a good chance of destroying him on the spot if he doesn't handle it right... but also stand a chance of powering him up if he does.
    Last edited by Wowzers; January 08, 2014 at 01:54 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uberfayt View Post
    Now there is another clue about BB that we must not overlook: In chapter 650, Jinbei tells luffy that BB has gone man-hunting on DF users and that conquered a lot of territory, "but strangely enough without using the gura gura fruit" !! yet during the marineford war arc he was shown capable of using both powers at once...does that mean that he can somehow "equip" DF one at a time and gain their abilities, somehow related to the Yami Yami's void property ?
    I wrote the same thing 2 posts ago...
    It is strange because he was using both of them at Marineford. I was thinking that his ability is limited somehow or he has trouble using the Gura Gura No Mi.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HiAndromon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My theory is he never 'ATE' a second devil fruit. His power allows him to absorb things into his body, so as long as he has a dormant power, in it's fruit form, in his void space he may be able to draw on it's power without eating it. it would make sense as to why his crew is currently hunting down powerful devil fruits.

New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast