Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner xitalisk's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Secret behind Blackbeard's dual DFs?

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Please, no databooks. People claimed databooks said Sabo was dead, yet we have him alive and people like hoeru so amusingly wrong. I'm not saying the theory could be wrong, but just that Ace could have meant Blackbeard is twice his age. It could go either way or both ways. Blackbeard could have lived more than one life, although it would be somewhat odd, or he could be two times Ace's age. Hell, he could have someone else's spirit in his body for all we know. It's too ambiguous to make out for now
    the databook also states that sabo is dead?

WRONG it only says the crossed out s in aces tattoo was for his late brother

Ace thought Sabo was dead at the time it doesnt flat out say he is dead as we have seen recently Sabo is in fact alive so
    if Oda makes a flat out statement i think its safe to say its legit

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    According to hoeru, it did say that. I never use databooks for plot information, just for attack or character information as databooks don't reveal everything in the manga, just what the manga has told us.

Could be, but the World Government didn't show signs of caring about Blackbeard until the war.

what about the cover story's in the databook with like %300 more information than the covers had??????

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Did the databook really say sabo was dead?

ANyways, if the key is in ace's words then the implication would be that BB somehow is two people or has "lives". Maybe he is a WG experiment.
    XD i cant figure it out my hope is someone else with the brains can...... we have the clues now someone smart needs to piece them together XD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I read in the thread that Oda mentioned that the secret to blackbeard's power was in what Ace said to him. Well if that's true one interesting thing about blackbeard in history is that he was not only referred to as Edward Teach but also as Edward thatch. To paraphrase what Ace said, Blackbeard had lived two lives.

Maybe teach and thatch were somehow connected. If you think about it Teach is a crew member who took out the fourth division captain with ease. In the one piece world where one can gauge power, it seems almost impossible that someone that powerful could slip under the radar. It's just a very weird coincidence. I can't really formulate a theory based on it but it's just interesting that in real life blackbeard was named both teach and thatch.
    Last edited by floman; June 05, 2014 at 02:30 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

what i really can't comprehend is that many just can't aknowlegde the possibility of the cerberus theory and dismiss it completely , we've seen pretty weird things related to df already an object who eats the DF, ppl actually growing them into their personal garden a.k.a doflamingo factory we also saw mythical and extinct creatures is really that hard to invision for example that if marco dies he'll ressurect thanks to the special power of the phoenix etc.
    let's invision a cerberus he's got 3 heads which emply 3 seperate consciousness and BB took this type of zoan fruit is it really hard to see that each head get the right of a DF when it takes control of the body it activate it's own power, it also explain the abnormal ammount of damages he takes, once one of them take too much for him to handle another one take over and takes it, in a sharing system to prevent death, it also explain BB multiple styles
    -at times he's funky : when he spoke with luffy about a man's dream will never die,he's got the clumpsy style luffy like
    -at time he's a tactician : how he planned his intrusion to implet down to later on becames 1 of the 4 emperors in no time
    -at times he's so cruel so malicous he even refuse any kind of compassion in his crew members
    this cuts it for me, if object gets the right to a df why not 3 seperate minds working together as the special power of the zoan just like phoenix can ressurct from the ashes cerberus gets to have 3 heads and won't die until you cut all 3
    Last edited by Arbalest; June 19, 2014 at 10:24 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

i think that he have built in twin... you kno like second head coming from his shoulder ....
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

yes i'm thinking the same if this theory prooves to be true it would explain why at the beginnings of the manga it stated that devil fruits are dangerious at first i didn't get it, i mean who cares if you can't swim if you can fly and do all kind of epic stuff, BB could have been messed up by his DF and he's a clear case of the dangerious effect of the DF if i'm correct let's say his original personality is that of a funky style and if after he ate the fruit it seperated him into 3 in the process that mean BB the mad pirate was made by his fruit, it also in almost all the clues showed until now including his comment about his life he could be living since the age of gol.d roger cause he got the life span of all 3 combined.
    again all this is just a theory but it's fun to speculate

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my theory and I think it explains everything including the sheet he used to hide the deed

We know that objects can be given powers and fruits don't necessarily have to be eaten, like a sword given a dog fruit or something, so it is possible for objects to hold the powers of a fruit. We also know that fruits reincarnate so if Blackbeard wanted Whitebeard's power he would have had to take it from him and not from the fruit itself. Therefore Blackbeard did NOT eat/take two fruits! Instead he took a part of whitebeard's body under that sheet and transplanted it into his own.

So: Whitebeard's body is the object infused with the power and Blackbeard infuses it into himself now having two powers. This explains the sheet as well, as oda cant draw something that gruesome in a shonen. Whether there is something specific about his darkness power that helped facilitate this is another matter of speculation.

Also Marco says that [he's not like most people] in one bubble and that [there's something different about him,about his body] in another bubble. I think this is a troll by Oda, these are two separate statements and not to be taken together! Yes he is not like most people, whatever that means we don't know yet, but there's also something different about his body that Marco just noticed. Oda gave us the answer and took it away at the very same time by having us mix two different statements together that we weren't supposed to.
    Last edited by uglymonkey; June 24, 2014 at 05:13 PM.

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9