Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Date A Live

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Date A Live

Date A Live

Alternative Title: デート・ア・ライブ
    Episodes: 12
    Aired: Mar 30, 2013 to ?
    Producers: AIC Plus+, Nippon Columbia
    Genres: Mecha, Romance, School, Sci-Fi, Shounen

Opening: "Date A Live" by sweet ARMS
    Ending: "SAVE THE WORLD" by Iori Nomizu

Synopsis
    Itsuka Shido is a high school boy. On the last day of the spring holidays, an explosion destroys the town and a girl in armor appears in front of him. Shido's sister-in-law, Kotori, tells him that the girl is called "Special Disasterous Designated Creature: Spirit", which causes a timespace quake. Kotori disclosed that she is the commander of the anti-spirit organization Ratatosk and orders him to go out on a date with the spirit girl. Kotori says, "I don't ask you to beat the spirit. Just let her fall in love with you and save the world."

(Source: myanimelist)

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Date A Live

Episode 1:

Interesting first episode. I hope it won't end as a bad TWGoK copy...
    But still. i already love Kotori, her vice captain and Tobiichi.

I can say I enjoyed the first episode. The art was good and I like the voices so far.
    Looking forward to Ep 2. :3

---------- Post added April 14, 2013 at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was April 07, 2013 at 01:48 AM ----------

Episode 2:

Oh I love Tobiichi already... That monotonous voice... Awesome...

And what the hell is wrong with the Fraxinus crew?! Where did they pick up those freaks?!
    Why is this a real live galge... ô____O

And WHY is Spirit-chan a Tsundere now?! O_____________ô
    Now I could NEVER drop this show...

Talking peacefully while being shot... Ah Japan...
    And Shidos sister... <.< The whole crew is a bunch of weirdos...

But well... So his Harem life will begin...

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

There were two peak moments in that episode.
    First, Tobiichi and Shido talking about a date. It was as if Tobiichi was prepared to ask him out
    And the second..

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    And WHY is Spirit-chan a Tsundere now?! O_____________ô
    Now I could NEVER dr
    The part in which she tears apart Tobiichi's photo
    As I told you, a woman is a woman

Overall, it's promising enough to keep up with so far. I don't know how things will evolve, but the potential for fun is up there.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 03:

Tohka...
    Cute spirit sure is cute...

She sure loves food... o___O Her naivety is so adorable.

So... If a spirit falls in love she gets human again or something like that? Seems to me that SHido is going to see a lot of boobies in the near future...

Tobiichi ha shown that she is very human after all. The thought of her killing a human or rather Shido made her lose her will to fight.
    A question remains... What is Shido? Is he immortal? Is Kotori really his sister?
    Last edited by Skyguardian; April 27, 2013 at 02:11 PM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 03:

Tohka...
    Cute spirit sure is cute...

She sure loves food... o___O Her naivety is so adorable.

So... If a spirit falls in love she gets human again or something like that? Seems to me that SHido is going to see a lot of boobies in the near future...

Tobiichi ha shown that she is very human after all. The thought of her killing a human or rather Shido made her lose her will to fight.
    A question remains... What is Shido? Is he immortal? Is Kotori really his sister?
    Yep. Apparently, Tohka has lost her spirit powers with the kiss. So, AST won't be targeting her. She's safe as she's right now. I wonder how this will effect the triangle of relationship between Tohka-Shido-Tobiichi.

Tobiichi lost her will to fight back, because the reason she was so passionately fighting against the spirits is because she believes spirits do harm innocent people and she thought she had just done the same to Shido. Even if Shido was someone who she didn't know of, she'd still get devastated.
    But the fact that the two have been somewhat close compared to how distant Tobiichi seems to everyone else made it worse for her.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Yep. Apparently, Tohka has lost her spirit powers with the kiss. So, AST won't be targeting her. She's safe as she's right now. I wonder how this will effect the triangle of relationship between Tohka-Shido-Tobiichi.
    Yeah it seems that way... But if her mind gets unstable she is able to use them again. Interesting.

Quote Quote:
    Tobiichi lost her will to fight back, because the reason she was so passionately fighting against the spirits is because she believes spirits do harm innocent people and she thought she had just done the same to Shido. Even if Shido was someone who she didn't know of, she'd still get devastated.
    But the fact that the two have been somewhat close compared to how distant Tobiichi seems to everyone else made it worse for her.
    Tobiichi is an interesting character who is in love with SHido for yet unknown reasons. Let's see. :3

Episode 04:

And another girl appeared. So it was no coincidence it started to rain out of nowhere in episode 3. She is able to control the weather yes?
    With a monsterbunny as a weapon... :/
    I wonder why her pupett has an own will... Or she is so shy that she is not able to talk with her own mouth. Yoshino is just a little girl after all.
    Jealous Tohka was... Dangerous...

What I really loved was how Kotori tried to lure Shido into ecchi scenes with Tohka... Those sunglasses... :'D

---------- Post added May 04, 2013 at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was April 27, 2013 at 09:56 PM ----------

Episode 05:

- Origami She is so bold... I bet she wants to be with Shido pretty bad.
    - Tohka She became jealous How cute! I wonder why she could use her powers again though...
    - Yoshino - Again a very cute girl who adores Shido now. She and her bunny will be a lot of fun in the future.

Next episode will be 100% fanservice... Can't wait for Kotori to be awesome again...

---------- Post added May 11, 2013 at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was May 04, 2013 at 09:02 PM ----------

Episode 06:

Can't say much. Extremely funny episode.

I can say that I had to laugh about almost everything...

Poor Yoshino-chan though... :3
    Last edited by Skyguardian; May 04, 2013 at 01:29 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

It was ridiculously funny. Tohka didn't even get into a car in her life before and called shotgun, only to pay the price later on
    Since it was funny as hell, nothing much to say, yeah, but again, I'll praise AST captain for her heated lines and how she destroyed the entire surroundings for the sake of getting to that hot springs

Last, but not least.. Yoshino-chan <3

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tohka didn't even get into a car in her life before and called shotgun, only to pay the price later on
    Yeah... Tohkas jealousy is dangerous... xD

I wonder why Shido wasn't allowed to sit next to Yoshino-chan either though

Quote Quote:
    I'll praise AST captain for her heated lines and how she destroyed the entire surroundings for the sake of getting to that hot springs
    Only she was able to make the destruction of an attacking Udon restaurant look epic...

"The staff enjoyed the meal" <--- What the hell?

Quote Quote:
    Last, but not least.. Yoshino-chan <3
    Because she cried yet again she froze a few AST girls... Good girl.

---------- Post added May 19, 2013 at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was May 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM ----------

Episode 07:

What is it about Anime and transfer students? Or does a spirit even count?

Anyway... Shidos reals sister appeared and got in a fight with Kotori... How cute when the latter gets jealous... She even wants to marry her step brother.

Kurumi is a real devil... Killing random pervs without second thought... And she wants to devour poor Shido... o.o

---------- Post added May 25, 2013 at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was May 19, 2013 at 06:26 PM ----------

Episode 08:

Tobiichi... Bold as ever... Straight to the Love Hotel... x'D

Yoshino-chan... It is a good thing she is only the little sister type... She was soa dorable...

I feel a bit sorry for Tohka... So in love with Shido but he has to get other girls to love him all the time... <.<

Kurumi really is violent... She shot 4 guys without hesitation and now she wants Shido... O___O

Let's see what Mana is able to do...

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurumi-chan is so relentless
    The astral dress doesn't fit her, though. I found her a lot hotter in the school outfit -now, this sounds really out of place -
    I'm really curious about her powers, though. Maybe that clock thing in her eye is allowing her to time travel, hmm..

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The astral dress doesn't fit her, though. I found her a lot hotter in the school outfit -now, this sounds really out of place -
    Or with her lingerie...

Episode 09:

Awwwwwwwwww @ Tohka x Shido moment.

Deus ex Machina industries... Hahaha... x'D

Kurumi is insane and I guess Shido has to convince her very core not only the Tsurumi of a specific timeline. But damn her powers are insane... Stopping Mana, Tokha and Tobiichi without blinking...

But then she comes... Kotori with the most badass entrance possible. I knew she would come eventually but daaaaaaaaaaaamn.
    I guess she is the reason for Tobiichis resolve to kill all spirits.

Kotori and Ifrit look pretty badass. I wonder why she looks so evil in the preview... is Tsurumi controlling her? Are her spirit powers out of control?

What a cliffhanger... I want the next episode... NOW!

---------- Post added June 08, 2013 at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was June 01, 2013 at 04:50 AM ----------

Episode 10:

Kotori!!!
    Controlling fire is totally godlike and she dominated Kurumi without much effort.
    Too bad that her powers went haywire though...
    We got a few answers and many more questions this week. Now it is confirmed that Kotori killed Tobiichis parents though she didn't do it on purpose. Because of Kotori, Tobiichi is fighting... :/
    What makes my head spin... How did Kotori get spirit powers in the first place? Was ist someone from the Itsuka family who gave her those powers? Why?
    Why do Kotori, Shido and Mana have no memories whatsoever? How ere those siblings seperated? What happened in the past?
    So many questions...
    But for now Shido has to save Kotori! She already implied that she loves him too, so a date shouldn't be a problem.

Last but not least... Tobiichi is very, very bold... Trying to seduce Shido in any possible way... Go get him girl!

---------- Post added June 15, 2013 at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was June 08, 2013 at 02:19 AM ----------

Episode 11:

Almost over... :'(

The first half was comic relief... The swimsuit battle was awesome... Even more thanks to the commentary by the vice captain of Ratatoskr...

The date itself went pretty bad and was awkward so for... That was obvious since Kotori knows where Shidos playboy lines come from... Although the comment regarding her budding breasts was great...

Kotori herself is in pain... She has trouble keeping hr spirit powers under control... After the slide she cried and she wanted to have a fun "last" day with her Onii-chan... Good that he abandoned Ratatoskr for the time being and will only spend time with her alone... That will work out I hope.

Tobiichi will attack them though... I want that last episode... Now!

---------- Post added June 24, 2013 at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was June 15, 2013 at 12:50 AM ----------

Episode 12:

Noooo It's over...

Well that was an interesting date... Kotori could be the Tsundere she always is which was pretty adorable...

The fight itself... Well it was pretty predictable that Tobiichi would steal the new unit and head to Ifrits place... In the nd she lost because she never could kill Shido...
    Though I wonder... Are spirits able to possess humans? This is still pretty unclear.

Best part was the confession and angry Kotori because Shido only loves her as a sister... Poor girl.

Furthermore the second season was announced. I can't wait!

All in all I'd say 7/10 because it was a fun ride up to that point. The animation was epic and the gags were very funny.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; June 24, 2013 at 07:34 AM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Yoshinon double kiss ftw! That made my day.
    More of that in the next season and hopefully, Kurumi will be saved, too. Since her power is related to time, she somehow reminded of Sylar from Heroes

Innocent Tohka and Yoshino, kuudere Tobiichi, seductive Kurumi and tsundere Kotori.. Typical harem for you and it's as fun as one could expect \o/

New Reply