Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru.

Alternative Title: My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected.
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Apr 5, 2013 to ?
    Producers: Brains Base, TBS
    Genres: Comedy, Romance, School

Opening: "Yukitoki" by Nagi Yanagi
    Ending: "Hello Alone" by Yukino Yukinoshita (CV: Saori Hayami) & Yui Yuigahama (CV: Nao Touyama)

Synopsis
    This romantic comedy revolves around an antisocial high school student named Hikigaya Hachiman with a distorted view on life and no friends or girlfriend. When he see his classmates talking excitedly about living their adolescent lives, he mutters, They're a bunch of liars. When he is asked about his future dreams, he responds, Not working. A teacher gets Hachiman to join the volunteer service club, which happens to have the school's prettiest girl, Yukinoshita Yukino.

(Source: myanimelist)

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

Spectacular, Oregairu is going to be hard to top. All three of the leads are hilarious, the humor is incredibly sarcastic. As far as new comedy anime go, Oregairu set a very high standard. Brain's Base has, as usual, done an excellent job.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

Watched the first episode, and this was definitely a solid episode. It had moments when I'd laugh, moments when I'd feel for the MC, moments where I'd feel for Yukino, and all around had a smile on my face throughout the episode.

I agree with Kaiten, this is going to be hard to top this season and if every episode is like this, this show will be one of my favorites this season, if not maybe this year.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The three main characters really are incredibly funny, they form a hilarious trio. No question, the first episode was impressive. Not just the comedy but the animation too, I really enjoyed the gritty style and especially the flashbacks from the MC It's always nice if the animation is deviant, couldn't help but feel somehow reminded of Bakemono (I guess all the sarcasm played a role there too).

Really looking forward to the next episode - "And this is how our fucked up teenage life begins"

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Brain's Base anime always are so nice looking.

Did Yukinon's attitude, and dialog, remind anyone else a little of Senjogahara? That blunt, almost mean, defensive manner of speaking kind of made me think of her.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

I settled for the Commie version this week, but am quite glad to see that Why Not also will be working on it. I'll switch to there version next week. Why Not did great work with Steins;Gate and Robotics;Note.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That was indeed an impressive first episode. Until now my favourite of the season (OreImo is still to come... )

The art is awesome. I really like the style.

Hachiman: Interesting and very funny. His view of life is a bit depressing but oh well...
    Yukino: Very likable too. She reminds me a bit of Yozora from Haganai. Her way of talking is very funny. I smell a lot of funny dialogue in the future.
    Yui: My favourite, just because she is cute. :3 Her way of talking is killing me though...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; April 06, 2013 at 08:59 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Yui: My favourite, just because she is cute. :3 Her way of talking is killing me though...
    It looked like "Hikki" felt about the same. I like the contrast between the more positive Yui, with the more cynical Hikki and Yukinon. They both seem even a little more evil when she is around.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner natsu78's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

The episode itself was good but could have been much better if they hadn't left out some dialogues and scenes that were in the manga.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 1

It was a very good episode. I like it!

- Let’s begin the post talking about the OP and the ED. Animation-wise they were all right, but I’m not too fond of the OP and ED songs.

- About the characters, that teacher is awesome!!!

- Hikigaya: I like him. I like his sense of humor. He is a good guy, and in a way he reminds me of Araragi from Bakemonogatari…but he also reminds me of Ryuji from Toradora.

- Yukino: She is beautiful and cool. Just like Hiki, she has also experience rejection, Hiki because he is not that handsome and has a hard time making friends and expressing his real feelings and Yukino because she is beautiful. She reminds me of Senjogara from Bakemonogatari a lot.

- Yui: I love her!! She is my favorite! She is so adorable and funny. She is not as interesting and cool as Yukino, but she is one of the main reasons why I enjoyed this episode. I’m looking forward to the friendship between Yui and Yukino, they are so different but in a way I think they complement each other. Btw, maybe I’m wrong but I think Yui likes Hiki and has liked him for a while now.

- Looking forward to the next episode!

P.S. I like how Hikki ate the whole cookie even though it was completely burnt.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    It looked like "Hikki" felt about the same. I like the contrast between the more positive Yui, with the more cynical Hikki and Yukinon. They both seem even a little more evil when she is around.
    I agree. Yukino and "Hikki" have a very sarcastic, almost cynical view on life while Yui is very cheerful much to their dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by natsu78 View Post
    The episode itself was good but could have been much better if they hadn't left out some dialogues and scenes that were in the manga.
    Was something important omitted? I don't read the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    - Let’s begin the post talking about the OP and the ED. Animation-wise they were all right, but I’m not too fond of the OP and ED songs.
    Neither am I. But this might change.

Quote Quote:
    - About the characters, that teacher is awesome!!!
    She really is. Never ask her how old she really is...

Quote Quote:
    - Hikigaya: I like him. I like his sense of humor. He is a good guy, and in a way he reminds me of Araragi from Bakemonogatari…but he also reminds me of Ryuji from Toradora.
    Not that you mention it...
    But yeah I agree. His humor is awesome.
    I don't know the latter yet. ;D

Quote Quote:
    - Yukino: She is beautiful and cool. Just like Hiki, she has also experience rejection, Hiki because he is not that handsome and has a hard time making friends and expressing his real feelings and Yukino because she is beautiful. She reminds me of Senjogara from Bakemonogatari a lot.
    I think Hikki jumped the gun way to often which is why he is kinda depressed regarding that matter. But he tries to hide it... x'D
    Yukino on the other hand knows pretty well how dazzeling and awesome she is... She can be nice but she never forgets to show her snootily side...

Quote Quote:
    - Yui: I love her!! She is my favorite! She is so adorable and funny. She is not as interesting and cool as Yukino, but she is one of the main reasons why I enjoyed this episode. I’m looking forward to the friendship between Yui and Yukino, they are so different but in a way I think they complement each other. Btw, maybe I’m wrong but I think Yui likes Hiki and has liked him for a while now.
    On the contrary. I think she is very interesting as well. :3
    I'd like to know why she calls him Hikki though. Maybe she really does like him in a way...
    Yui and Yukino will have an interesting friendship / relationship...
    They are a bit like Yin and Yang.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Was something important omitted? I don't read the manga.
    The things omitted were:
    It's to much to mention all of them in detail so I'll just list how much material they actually skipped from the manga:
    -Skipped last 5 pages from chapter 1.
    -Skipped the first 4 pages from chapter 2.
    -Some of Hikki's best retorts/lines were skipped.
    They showed that Yui might or has feelings for Hikki at the end which is something they added.It is not from the manga,Probably from the light novel.

I consider the skipped material important and should have been included for the sake of Hikki's better characterization and also for non-manga readers to get a better picture of the plot.
    Last edited by natsu78; April 07, 2013 at 01:59 AM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the skipped material from the manga or the light novel? The manga is also an adaption, manga adaptions of light novels are known to add new material, especially to fill out dialog. Was the omitted material from the manga, was it from the original novel source, or was it from both?

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

It did not seem like Hikki was developing feelings for Yui, at least not yet. He seemed taken aback that a girl did something nice for him. To be expected, given his character. He also seemed amused at how misshapen her cookie was, and how bad it tasted.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Is the skipped material from the manga or the light novel?
    Since i have only read the manga i can only point what was left out from the manga.
    Quote Quote:
    The manga is also an adaption, manga adaptions of light novels are known to add new material, especially to fill out dialog.
    That might be true,but in this case i have read that the manga has left out some bits from the light novel.This is more likely,since the light novel is the original source and has more material.
    Quote Quote:
    Was the omitted material from the manga, was it from the original novel source, or was it from both?
    Already answered.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote Quote:
    It did not seem like Hikki was developing feelings for Yui, at least not yet. He seemed taken aback that a girl did something nice for him. To be expected, given his character. He also seemed amused at how misshapen her cookie was, and how bad it tasted.
    You don't develop feelings for somone who insults whenever they get an oppourtunity to do so.Besides he called her a slut 3 times.

Read at your own risk.short review from a novel reader.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by natsu78; April 07, 2013 at 10:14 AM.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

She really is. Never ask her how old she really is...
    This is one of the things anime has taught me: Never asked a female teacher about her age!

Quote Quote:
    Yukino on the other hand knows pretty well how dazzeling and awesome she is... She can be nice but she never forgets to show her snootily side...
    Reading that made me realize that Yukino also reminds of Mazusu from Oreshura…

Quote Quote:
    On the contrary. I think she is very interesting as well. :3
    I’m not saying she is not interesting but judging by the first episode it seems Yukino is more interesting than Yui.
    Quote Quote:
    I'd like to know why she calls him Hikki though. Maybe she really does like him in a way...
    I think she likes to give cute nicknames to her friends; however, the cookie bit at the end of the episode is what made me think she might have feelings for him.

Quote Originally Posted by natsu78 View Post
    Spoiler show
    After reading ^, I’m now seriously considering if I should keep watching this series or if I should drop it right now. Since I have learned to never drop a series after watching just one episode, I’ll give this anime 3 more episodes before deciding to keep watching it or not.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

episode one was good, i have never heard of this anime, so unlike some of the other titles i have no LN or manga background to reference the anime with

the teacher ( sorry i cannot remember her name ) seems to be a bit of matchmaker/troublemaker with the students, but i am sure she has good intentions
    i love how anti-social yukinoshita and hikigaya are and yuighama the perfect remedy for that, you can tell she is going to persistently attempt to befriend both "yukino" and "hiki"
    her bubbly extroverted personality should be a great catalyst for the "pubic service" club to become a much more lively, friendly place

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru.

Alternative Title: My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected.
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Apr 5, 2013 to ?
    Producers: Brains Base, TBS
    Genres: Comedy, Romance, School

Opening: "Yukitoki" by Nagi Yanagi
    Ending: "Hello Alone" by Yukino Yukinoshita (CV: Saori Hayami) & Yui Yuigahama (CV: Nao Touyama)

Synopsis
    This romantic comedy revolves around an antisocial high school student named Hikigaya Hachiman with a distorted view on life and no friends or girlfriend. When he see his classmates talking excitedly about living their adolescent lives, he mutters, They're a bunch of liars. When he is asked about his future dreams, he responds, Not working. A teacher gets Hachiman to join the volunteer service club, which happens to have the school's prettiest girl, Yukinoshita Yukino.

(Source: myanimelist)
    no wonder i couldnt find it sky it was under the sticky threads

i was hoping crunchy roll had this series but i couldnt find it on there by the full name, or abbreviated name, but i did find a site that had it

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast