Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

That sounded just like Haganai NEXT. There is no real reason to say "hey, let's be friends" at this point. They have already become friends, if not somewhat close ones already. Yukino is probably calling it the way Hachiman would. From that perspective of his, you can't be friends with someone you don't know well. And if you know someone well, you are already friends with that person, so, there isn't really a necessity to put an extra effort to form a bond from that point on. A transient, nebulous transition of state between people.
    When Yukino says now she knows Hachiman for real, to me, she acknowledges they already space-jumped that transition.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    That sounded just like Haganai NEXT. There is no real reason to say "hey, let's be friends" at this point. They have already become friends, if not somewhat close ones already. Yukino is probably calling it the way Hachiman would. From that perspective of his, you can't be friends with someone you don't know well. And if you know someone well, you are already friends with that person, so, there isn't really a necessity to put an extra effort to form a bond from that point on. A transient, nebulous transition of state between people.
    When Yukino says now she knows Hachiman for real, to me, she acknowledges they already space-jumped that transition.
    i agree, i was hoping he was about to confess to her

now i do believe that hikki is a bit more socially removed than even kodaka from haganai

kodaka has an entire harem (though he is too dense to realize it)

hikki has some people like hayama and yui and saika that try to become closer to him

but saika seems to be the only one he wont distance himself from

he truly DOESNT WANT friends, where as kodaka is trying to learn how to make friends

but i do see the comparison to this scenario and that show, because i agree that we are way too far into this season for a friend request

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    Hikki telling sagami of on the balcony was epic, flat out perfect

she got what she deserved
    He didn't do it to punch her in the face. Hikki said that so Sagami wouldn't be blamed anymore. So again they would have a common enemy.

Quote Quote:
    i was not a big fan of hayama getting physical with hikki, that was out of his character....

hikki should have popped him in the mouth, but that would be out of his character...
    It just showed us that even Hayama couldn't bear it anymore that the only thing Hikki does is to destruct his own social image. It wasn't really out of character I guess.
    Same goes for Hikki. He wanted to be hated. His goal was it to be bad guy here and nothing else. Hikki did well in accomplishing his goal...

Quote Quote:
    i had no idea yukino could play the guitar, that was pretty cool
    Well I guess because her sister could play an instrument she wanted to do the same. But yes it was awesome. :3

Quote Quote:
    i agree, i was hoping he was about to confess to her
    I don't think so. He just wanted to be friends with her and confessing out of nowhere would be really out of character for Hikki.

Quote Quote:
    now i do believe that hikki is a bit more socially removed than even kodaka from haganai

kodaka has an entire harem (though he is too dense to realize it)
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    hikki has some people like hayama and yui and saika that try to become closer to him
    True that.

Quote Quote:
    but saika seems to be the only one he wont distance himself from
    Well if you think of him as a cute girl...

Furthermore I will rate the show now because the story of season 1 is finished and episode 13 is just an extra.
    I rate it 7,5/10.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I don't think so. He just wanted to be friends with her and confessing out of nowhere would be really out of character for Hikki.
    True that. If he made an attempt like that, Yukino would lose any sort of possible romantic interest in him, since it wouldn't be his way of doing things anymore.
    I can safely say we aren't in for usual story of the drastic changes in youth. If those two are going to fall for each other, they will fall for the person they see right now, not someone who has redeemed himself in the eyes of society just for the sake of others. That's what I get as message from the dialogues.

They are fine the way they are, after all (=

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ah there has to be a second season

how can it be a romantic comedy with no romance at the end!!!???

i dont really care who ends up with who but if the anime is ended after one season i will feel CHEATED

now that being said i have not read, nor do i have any clue what happens in the LN

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

There is only one novel ahead from the Anime adaptation, considering how Oreimo works, I predict it will need around two years for another Oregairu anime adaptation. I'm pretty sure that it will receive second season though, it's decently popular and if I remember correctly it has been licensed by USA Company and Europe but forgot their names. OVA would be released in September and it already receives a Vita game adaptation already.

The LN is still not showing a huge progress, just usual Hachiman stuff, that's what I can tell without being spoiler-y.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Oh and reading between the lines how Yukino said "I'll never become your friend" is interesting. Shippers may react to this as Yukino may become Hachiman's lover or will hate Hachiman forever (questionable here). But even if there is a chance that Yukino x Hachiman becomes true at the later part of the story, I'm very curious how the relationship between Yui, Yukino, and Hachiman would develop. Things may go in an unexpected way, since the title suggests that it would become "wrong" at some point, if it's not "wrong" already.

---------- Post added June 29, 2013 at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was June 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM ----------

So it ends, a series which is arguably the best series of this season and personally my most favorite. Considering how the filler end is not as anti climatic as Hataraku, I'd rate Oregairu higher compared to Hataraku. The last episode is a nice close, with having sport festival and those things, all the school cast are shown in the end. Gotta love the blushing Yukino at the end, a little bit fan-servicey, but nonetheless I'm grateful for it.

Hopefully we don't have to wait for two years for the second season; And I'm hoping that the OVA would come out soon, I'm pretty sure it's going to be terrific.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't say much about the last episode because it is somewhat a filler or an OVA...
    It was very funny and kind of an best off with all the awesome running gags we have seen so far.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda reminds me of Hyouka, where they ended it with a "And our everyday life continues..." as well. I'm craving for a continuation of Hyouka and now I really hope we're going to get another season of Oregairu too. Loved the humour and Hikki's dark view on society. Him and Hayama clashing always is/was a highlight for me, same goes for the blonde chick and Yukino.

My favourite probably was the camp with the kids, where it became apparent that not everything can be solved through sweet talk and being nice. It's a view I really appreciated and as much as I usually dislike characters not changing, it was great to see that Yukino and Hikki only changed slightly and slowly, providing a view on society that often is spot on (and sometimes hilarious ), even if it's a cruel reality. The show neither made Hikki's/Yukinon's nor Hayama's view the superior one but portrayed both with positive and negative aspects, that's probably the one thing that made me really love the show.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

- A different, funny and interesting series. I enjoyed watching Yahari a lot! Hikki, he was a very interesting character and very different from your typical anime male lead. He was the heart of this series and the reason why I found this anime so refreshing.

- I hope there is another season of Yahari, I would love to know more about Hikki, Yui and Yukino.

- About the shipping aspect of the series, right until the very end, there was only one pairing for me…the Hikki x Saika pairing! Now about the pairings I was shipping, although I became a Hikki x Yui fan first and I still like them, after watching the last couple of episode I have to admit that there are some hidden feelings, more chemistry and maybe even a deeper bond between Hikki and Yukino. That is why I now ship these two pairings.

- Last but not least, I would like to thank all the people who posted their comments in this thread and with whom I had some interesting convos discussing this series. Reading your comments and discussing this series with you guys made this anime all the more enjoyable for me. Thanks!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; June 30, 2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    - A different, funny and interesting series. I enjoyed watching Yahari a lot! Hikki, he was a very interesting character and very different from your typical anime male lead. He was the heart of this series and the reason why I found this anime so refreshing.
    Oregairu was also one of my favorites this season, along with Hataraku Maou-sama and Railgun S. Hikki was a great male lead, almost more like a Seinfeld character. Yui was my favorite. I loved how her confidence grew over the course of the series. At the beginning she was bullied by Yumiko, by the end she was lecturing Yukino and Hikigaya.

Quote Quote:
    - I hope there is another season of Yahari, I would love to know more about Hikki, Yui and Yukino.
    From what I have seen it was very popular. The problem is that there are seven collected volumes, and six have already been animated. It's still being published, but it might be a few years before there is enough material for another season.

Quote Quote:
    - About the shipping aspect of the series, right until the very end, there was only one pairing for me…the Hikki x Saika pairing! Now about the pairings I was shipping, although I became a Hikki x Yui fan first and I still like them, after watching the last couple of episode I have to admit that there are some hidden feelings, more chemistry and maybe even a deeper bond between Hikki and Yukino. That is why I now ship these two pairings.
    I like Hikki x Yui. Yukino is to similar to him, they would wallow in misery together. Yui better balances his personality. Hikki x Saika will always be best

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Oregairu was also one of my favorites this season, along with Hataraku Maou-sama and Railgun S. Hikki was a great male lead, almost more like a Seinfeld character. Yui was my favorite. I loved how her confidence grew over the course of the series. At the beginning she was bullied by Yumiko, by the end she was lecturing Yukino and Hikigaya.

From what I have seen it was very popular. The problem is that there are seven collected volumes, and six have already been animated. It's still being published, but it might be a few years before there is enough material for another season.

I like Hikki x Yui. Yukino is to similar to him, they would wallow in misery together. Yui better balances his personality. Hikki x Saika will always be best

well i have a feeling that hikki X yukino will be the canon pairing in this LN

it just seems more likely at this point

i enjoyed episode 13, but i do feel like this season left alot on the table, if there was at least a little more progression in romance this season would have been better

as it sits it is entirely incomplete without at least one more season
    with that being said Hikkigaya is one of the best protagonists i have seen in a while, his monologues and narating were priceless

with wayyy to many great quotes to count

7/10

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Hikki was a great male lead, almost more like a Seinfeld character.
    I haven’t watched Seinfeld; I just remember watching one or two scenes from that show but never a whole episode.

Quote Quote:
    Yui was my favorite. I loved how her confidence grew over the course of the series. At the beginning she was bullied by Yumiko, by the end she was lecturing Yukino and Hikigaya.
    Yui was great!!! Even though I would sometimes find Yukino more interesting than Yui, Yui is still my favorite Yahari girl! And yep, being friends with Hikki and Yukino helped Yui gain more confidence in herself; she was even more confident regarding winning Hikki’s heart. After being kind of rejected by Hikki, she didn’t give up, instead of that; she was trying her hardest to win Hikki’s heart.

Quote Quote:
    Thank you for that info, Kaiten-kun! I see…so it will be a long wait before we see this great trio again.

Quote Quote:
    I like Hikki x Yui. Yukino is to similar to him, they would wallow in misery together. Yui better balances his personality.
    I agree, but it is Hikki’s decision in the end, and so far I have seen his heart tilting more towards Yukino than towards Yui. I’m not saying Hikki doesn’t like Yui or that he doesn’t find her pretty, all I’m saying is that I have seen Hikki showing more feelings towards Yukino than towards Yui.

Quote Quote:
    Hikki x Saika will always be best

Which brings me to a question I asked myself many times during this series….why is Sai a boy?!! Why couldn’t he be a girl?!! Why?!!

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    well i have a feeling that hikki X yukino will be the canon pairing in this LN
    As much as I like the Yui x Hikki pairing, I have the same feeling as you, I also think that Hikki x Yukino will be the canon pairing in this story.

Quote Quote:
    as it sits it is entirely incomplete without at least one more season
    The ending was completely open-ended, but I’m glad it was like that because it opens the door for a possible second season, which wouldn’t have happened with a more conclusive anime-original ending.

Quote Quote:
    with that being said Hikkigaya is one of the best protagonists i have seen in a while, his monologues and narating were priceless
    Hikki was awesome!!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; July 02, 2013 at 10:10 PM.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

A surprise Christmas present from Coalgirls, Oregairu BD subs. The best option for anyone interested in rewatching, or anyone who have not yet watched. Only eleven episodes are available, at the moment. The last BD volume, which includes episodes 12 and 13, will be released on Christmas Day in Japan.

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7