Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

Alternative Title: DS2A, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: ?
    Producers: Mainichi Broadcasting, Pony Canyon, Atlus, Bridge, Devil Survivor 2 Animation Committee, Index
    Genres: Demons, Supernatural

Opening: "Take Your Way" by livetune adding Fukase (from SEKAI NO OWARI)
    Ending: "Be" by Song Riders

Synopsis
    Mysterious invaders called the Septentriones arrive in Japan and begin attacking the country on a Sunday. To fight back, the heroes in Devil Survivor 2 signed a pact with the devil to become the Thirteen Devil Messengers. The Septentriones show up at least once a day and you have a time limit of seven days to defeat them.
    (Source: myanimelist)

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 1 thoughts:
    YAY! It's finally here. The anime I was looking the most forward to this year
    I like the opening song but was expecting it to be much more darker and sound more
    like a shounen anime op.
    This episode was pretty rushed as compared to the anime and some major and minor stuffs was omitted. (A certain character was supposed to appear this episode.)
    Pacing felt rushed and I thought that it could be handled better.
    But all in all, I like how they implemented the summoning apps and show how disastrous the situation is.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; April 05, 2013 at 05:24 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

I never played the game but the Personas (I call them that for now. :3) look exactly like in the Persona games so Im kinda happy.
    A lot of stuff happened and even more stuff was destroyed in the process.
    The animation was fine and I like the male character design... Nitta looks somewhat weird though...

All in all a good start and I'm looking forward to the next episode.

On a site note. Why does Persona 3 only get multiple movies but this became an Anime?
    Last edited by Skyguardian; April 05, 2013 at 10:09 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Just call them demons, because that's what they are

Now about this anime, I really want to watch seeing as I found the PVs pretty cool. Thing is I've yet to play the game, I mean I haven't even played the first one yet (not sure if it ties into this one, though I think not). If I watch the anime before playing the game I'm going to get spoiled, but if I do it the other way around I might end up disliking it just like I did with Persona 4 (I didn't like how it portrayed the main characters except for the protagonist). I might watch this though seeing as I don't know when the game will come out in Europe. We always get the short end of the stick when it comes to Atlus games coming out here.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I never played the game but the Personas (I call them that for now. :3) look exactly like in the Persona games so Im kinda happy.
    A lot of stuff happened and even more stuff was destroyed in the process.
    The animation was fine and I like the male character design... Nikka looks somewhat weird though...
    Without spoiling, Nicaea plays a huge part in the overall story, it seems Nicaea is linked to the summoning of the demons.

Quote Quote:
    All in all a good start and I'm looking forward to the next episode.
    Yay! I was worried people might deter from it because they feel like they need to play the game first.

Quote Quote:
    On a site note. Why does Persona 3 only get multiple movies but this became an Anime?
    I'm actually pretty fine with p3 getting movies because I had that there will be 3 of them.
    But this became an anime because it is really awesome. The DS series is really not related to the persona series in anyway, even
    in gameplay and story. The only thing common they share is the demons that sometimes are in both games.

Quote Quote:
    I might watch this though seeing as I don't know when the game will come out in Europe. We always get the short end of the stick when it comes to Atlus games coming out here.
    Watch it! I heard its by the same producer of p4, which i think did well? I didn't watch p4 because I want to eventually play the game someday...no matter how long that may take

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Without spoiling, Nicaea plays a huge part in the overall story, it seems Nicaea is linked to the summoning of the demons.
    I see... While posting I fused Nitta with Nicaea...
    I meant that I find Nittas design weird... x'D

However. I'm very interested in Nicaea. :3

Quote Quote:
    Yay! I was worried people might deter from it because they feel like they need to play the game first.
    It's from Atlus and a DS game... So that means I won't play it and I can enjoy the story.

Quote Quote:
    I'm actually pretty fine with p3 getting movies because I had that there will be 3 of them.
    But the waiting time...

Quote Quote:
    But this became an anime because it is really awesome. The DS series is really not related to the persona series in anyway, even in gameplay and story. The only thing common they share is the demons that sometimes are in both games.
    Yeah I know. I just forgot how the demons were called and because they looked exactly like Personas I'm familiar with, I called them that way...

Quote Quote:
    Watch it! I heard its by the same producer of p4, which i think did well? I didn't watch p4 because I want to eventually play the game someday...no matter how long that may take
    P4A was almost perfect. They didn't ommit much. Just the real ending was made in a different way that's way i'd say almost perfect... (But you really should play the game!)
    I hope DA2 will be animated equally awesome.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much interesting for eps 1, so I think I'll watch this series.

When watching, I also felt like it's kinda similar with P4 plotwise, but I hope this will be better (since I don't really like P4 the animation that much). I don't play the games btw.

The animation is great too. I like looking at Hibiki's face.

Great cast too, though I'm starting to feel bored with Kamiyan as lead actor (but he use Natsume's voice here, so... ). Oh, and Miyuki Sawashiro playing sexy lady officer again.
    Last edited by yukihime03; April 06, 2013 at 08:59 AM.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Great cast too, though I'm starting to feel bored with Kamiyan as lead actor (but he use Natsume's voice here, so... ). Oh, and Miyuki Sawashiro playing sexy lady officer again.
    I know, right? So many of them from titles I'm checking out lately. Not that their voices are bad, just it can get slightly boring. ^^;

Other than that, the pilot episode is not too bad. At least it manages to pick my interest in knowing more about Nicaea and this whole deal of summoning demons. The artwork feels a bit too.. feminine(?) for me, but then again it's similar to P3 to think about it again so I won't complain. XD

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I know, right? So many of them from titles I'm checking out lately. Not that their voices are bad, just it can get slightly boring. ^^;
    Indeed. But I guess it proves how popular they are.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

The second eps is okay, I guess. I still don't really get the story, I suppose I'll watch it again after this.
    Guess this eps is about making the group wants to help the JP with the saving-a-lot-of-people motivation. I'm a bit worried about Nitta though. She looks like she can break any second now.

I've noticed this since the first eps, but good God, look at the white-haired boy. He's, like, Makishima incarnate. The white hair, the voice and the things he say.

Also, the more I look at Hibiki, the more I see him as Natsume. The voice, the personality, the polite way of talking... Why am I seeing other characters from other anime...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hibiki: Already starting to get the "we have to save the world" theme of the show. Nice.
    Nitta: She looks very weak... I hope she will get a hold of herself.

White haired commander: I like him. Awesome voice, great design.

Well not much happened in this episode... Only the group getting intel on the situation and a somehting to fight for.
    Looking forward to Ep 3.

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Your comments on the show make me extremely glad I played the game before watching this, enjoying it so far.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Another slightly boring show so far, I wish it will pick up somehow. Hibiki and his friends are the typical heroes (I-am-scared-but-if-I-can-help-then-I-will-fight and my-friend-is-fighting-I-can't-let-him-alone-so-I'm-in), just that I feel like the character design and voice actor are a bit too feminine for them (no offense to anyone I'm so sorryyy v__v). I agree with what others said about Nitta, looks so... weak. I believe they will evolve eventually, get to know the secrets of Septentrion and their own power and Nicaea, and so on. The plot is actually good, IMO, hopefully it is executed properly.

LOL at Makishima's incarnation. Oh, well, except that so far he looks like he's standing at the good side although being a bit annoying.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Hibiki and his friends are the typical heroes (I-am-scared-but-if-I-can-help-then-I-will-fight and my-friend-is-fighting-I-can't-let-him-alone-so-I'm-in), just that I feel like the character design and voice actor are a bit too feminine for them (no offense to anyone I'm so sorryyy v__v).
    I agree about the feminine part though... Natsum- I mean, Hibiki's voice is indeed feminine. He is so gentle and polite, it is no wonder his voice tends to be feminine.

Oh, and I'm surprised that Yamato, the commander, is younger by a year than Hibiki and friends. He looks like he's 20ish or something. How can he hold such a high position at such young age?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree about the feminine part though... Natsum- I mean, Hibiki's voice is indeed feminine. He is so gentle and polite, it is no wonder his voice tends to be feminine.
    I can see that. Still can't help feeling like that every time I saw him... Although he looks cool when summoning Byakko.

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and I'm surprised that Yamato, the commander, is younger by a year than Hibiki and friends. He looks like he's 20ish or something. How can he hold such a high position at such young age?
    He inherited the title from his family, it's passed from generation to generation that's why.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast