Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

The show is aiming for realism. Episode 3 further proves that.
    If put in a situation where giant monsters appear out of nowhere and you have no homes to return to anymore while
    the rest of the world are falling apart, how would you react? Daichi And Io reactions are completely normal and in episode 3 they buck up more.
    This is suppose to be a dark anime not some fairy tale where everyone is a hero or heroine. They are supposed to be human before anything else.

Heck, that was what the entire game was trying to say at the start. /End rant.

Completely did not see episode 3's ending come. Wow so will they be an anime original ending? I mean..seriously that was both awesome and shocking what they did with Keita.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    He inherited the title from his family, it's passed from generation to generation that's why.
    Oh, it is inherited? That's kind of surprising. I though organization like that will choose the leader based on competence. (Not saying that Yamato doesn't have the skill, though, he seems to be more than capable, even manipulative.)

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Anyway, I think the eps is improving. This eps really takes up the thrill into a new level. Well, they're facing a particularly strong opponent, so that's to be expected. I'm a bit surprised with the ending too. I thought Keita will be a comrade they will have until the final battle, but he just dies like that. But the fact that the barriers are down and the demons are invading makes me want to see the next eps soon!

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I'm good to go not knowing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Anyway, I think the eps is improving. This eps really takes up the thrill into a new level. Well, they're facing a particularly strong opponent, so that's to be expected. I'm a bit surprised with the ending too. I thought Keita will be a comrade they will have until the final battle, but he just dies like that. But the fact that the barriers are down and the demons are invading makes me want to see the next eps soon!
    I agree. The urgency and tension started to rise, which is good. The action was pretty good too, just that the screen was dark and I was watching in quite a bright place so it was really hard to see anything, lol. The death was a bit surprising too, I didn't expect to see deaths so fast. Then again this series is short, so... I'm most curious about that brainwashed professor who vanished without specific trace from what the team said. That usually means the culprit is someone who is well known to the victim. :P

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad show, but kind of derpy in the way that only RPG and shounen action can be. It's a little weird hearing ultra-sincere action cliche like "I have to protect everyone" shouted by the voice of Izaya/Araragi/Riku/Nozomu. Not a bad show, but not great either. Bonus points for casting Koshimizu Ami and Sawashiro Miyuki in the same anime.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    The action was pretty good too, just that the screen was dark and I was watching in quite a bright place so it was really hard to see anything, lol.
    That was kind of annoying. That scene was otherwise an exciting, well staged battle.

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, it is inherited? That's kind of surprising. I though organization like that will choose the leader based on competence. (Not saying that Yamato doesn't have the skill, though, he seems to be more than capable, even manipulative.)

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

His family controls something called the dragon stream, you will find out more as the anime goes on. And now that keita died, I'm kinda gutted they didn't show his story, in the game he is a bit of a dick and refuses to work with anyone, but he changes for the better as you increase his fate level, but the anime version condensed his character growth into one episode and I am okay with that.

I wonder what ending from the game they will use, or maybe an anime original ending??

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    It's a little weird hearing ultra-sincere action cliche like "I have to protect everyone" shouted by the voice of Izaya/Araragi/Riku/Nozomu.
    Kamiyan is not so bad. Maybe you are more used to listen his voice voicing that kind of characters. Well, he does voice that kind of characters more often.
    Thanks to Natsume Yuujinchou, I've known Kamiya to voice someone even more gentle than Hibiki.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

His family controls something called the dragon stream, you will find out more as the anime goes on.
    I see. So, the control over that stream is the one that is inherited. I'll wait to hear more about this.

I wonder what ending from the game they will use, or maybe an anime original ending??
    I just hope the ending will be good, since due to experience, adaptations' endings are usually not as good the originals'.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I was worried about the above average third episode, but thankfully, the series returns back to its mediocre quality by the fourth. Just not good enough to make you feel you want to watch more of it, and just not bad enough to outright drop.

Spoiler show

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Spoiler show
    I don't understand that part either. Way too convenient, I suppose.

Anyway, the woman also dies? (I guess so since she's bleeding like that though it's not shown whether she dies or not?)
    I am starting to feel like this show is killing people way too easily.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway, the woman also dies? (I guess so since she's bleeding like that though it's not shown whether she dies or not?)
    Maybe it was just Hibiki thinking so on his own, looking at his blood-soaked hands. I thought she was dead for sure when she seemed to lose consciousness. If she comes back to open her eyes, see what Hibiki did, only to die soon after again, that's lame.
    Besides, there needs to be explanation. The boy (name was Keita, right?) died after they got his death video on. Shouldn't there be countless videos uploaded when all those summoners got instantly killed by the huge demons?

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Spoiler show
    Can't agree more. Too easy and too fast are the words to describe episode 4. While Septentrion killed sooooo many people at first, with 2 tries from Byakko it's down. Hardly any tense for me, sorry to say.

LOL I think I'm more annoyed by her voice. In any case her character is not yet anything special so far. And how did her demon changed to Kikuri-hime? It looks as if what they summon change based on their feelings, except Hibiki and his Byakko. If this is similar to Persona series the lead character always have something special, I know, but well...

Since we still see her talking near the ending... Maybe she's alive? Another strange point since many died but she didn't despite being the one closest to Hibiki (which means she got biggest attack portion IMO).

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakko is THAT powerful? Yeah sure... Red lightning > blue lightning...
    I wonder. Will Suzaku appear too?

Very underwhelming and very predictable story development so far. The only shocking thing was the death of Keita in episode 3.

Even the preview for episode 5... I mean in every clichee story the main char is led astray at least once.
    Or Nitta... She is so clichee it hurts...

The amount of casualties is just ridiculous but this is supposed to be the apocalypse anyway.

My favourite char will stay Yamato because I love his design and his attitude. Cerberus is badass too.

All in all mediocre at most.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

About the red lighting > blue lighting thing. Kiri-hime actually really damaged the Serpention enough for it to be weak to collapse from Byakko's attack.
    That and also it was taken down while it was shooting the ice beam, in order to shoot that beam all of those bars thingy on Merak have to be removed and
    it is when it is at it's weakness. That was when it was taken down. Hibiki sure as hell didn't win by Plotkai, it was teamwork.
    All of the Serpertiones have a weak spot and this is obviously when it is charging. Notice how nothing was attacking it the first time it charged and shot too.
    Quote Quote:
    Shouldn't there be countless videos uploaded when all those summoners got instantly killed by the huge demons?
    You kindda answered your own question about Hinako. Her death is not confirmed because there is no death clip, she just lost consciousness.
    It was director's stupidity to make it seems like she died. Also, death clips are uploaded to the website but can only be seen when the website sends you
    the link to it, hence why the rest was able to see Keita's death clip when he himself could not.
    So yes, whoever is behind the website decides who to sends death clips to and does it for a reason.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Can't agree more. Too easy and too fast are the words to describe episode 4. While Septentrion killed sooooo many people at first, with 2 tries from Byakko it's down. Hardly any tense for me, sorry to say.
    Byakko is an insanely strong demon but the Serpetions are far stronger but don't forget that Byakko is strong too as mentioned many time.
    Like in the game, taking down the Serpetions are just a matter of finding their weak spot and taking it out.
    THAT is the whole reason why Yamato wanted Hibiki to stay behind and not go on the front lines, the Jps were trying to determine Merak's weak point
    but Hibiki messed his act up and foolishly went ahead without knowing what to do, hence he wasn't able to do anything.
    It wasn't only until what Io did that Hibiki realized he had to shot Merak when it's charging. You can call it luck if you want to.

Quote Quote:
    LOL I think I'm more annoyed by her voice. In any case her character is not yet anything special so far. And how did her demon changed to Kikuri-hime? It looks as if what they summon change based on their feelings, except Hibiki and his Byakko. If this is similar to Persona series the lead character always have something special, I know, but well...
    I'm not too sure but I think it is by the fusing of demons. It's in the game, I think the anime touched on it in one scene. Where you get
    to fuse two demons to make one. Or it could be the demon auction or it could be an anime only thing.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

...Why so rushed? More like, I don't get it. TONS of people got killed by that thing, and Hibiki killed it so easily? How the heck did he?

If I were to compare this to P4, I'll say P4A is better by far. I never play the game, but the anime didn't even make me want to play it. It's just...so...meh. ._."

Looks like Hibiki is going to summon Suzaku next then, huh? -.-"

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    ...Why so rushed? More like, I don't get it. TONS of people got killed by that thing, and Hibiki killed it so easily? How the heck did he?

If I were to compare this to P4, I'll say P4A is better by far. I never play the game, but the anime didn't even make me want to play it. It's just...so...meh. ._."

Looks like Hibiki is going to summon Suzaku next then, huh? -.-"
    Yeah it really felt rushed... Merak killed a lot of people but was defeated rather easy...

I agree P4A was a blast since episode 1 but well I'm not completely objective here because P4 is one of my favourite games...

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    The amount of casualties is just ridiculous but this is supposed to be the apocalypse anyway.
    The amount can be understood, but what I can't understood is why introduce a potential character only to kill him soon. That's cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    About the red lighting > blue lighting thing. Kiri-hime actually really damaged the Serpention enough for it to be weak to collapse from Byakko's attack.
    That and also it was taken down while it was shooting the ice beam, in order to shoot that beam all of those bars thingy on Merak have to be removed and
    it is when it is at it's weakness. That was when it was taken down. Hibiki sure as hell didn't win by Plotkai, it was teamwork.
    All of the Serpertiones have a weak spot and this is obviously when it is charging. Notice how nothing was attacking it the first time it charged and shot too.
    The anime did a poor job of portraying this since many people cannot see the "teamwork". IMO, Kikurihime's attacks do not seem powerful enough (not as powerful as Byakko's earlier attacks that failed, but maybe it's because lightning is more show-offey), it's a bit hard to believe Merak's weakened by it.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Yeah it really felt rushed... Merak killed a lot of people but was defeated rather easy...

I agree P4A was a blast since episode 1 but well I'm not completely objective here because P4 is one of my favourite games...
    I believe Merak is not the worst. If Merak is not defeated rather easily (actually not that easily looking at the characters' struggles, but judging from the damage it has done, yeah, it seems rather easy), I can't imagine what about the most powerful.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast