Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Devil Survivor 2 The Animation

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    The amount can be understood, but what I can't understood is why introduce a potential character only to kill him soon. That's cruel.
    That's what i didn't get either. Killing a potential main char off after not even one episode is just pretty harsh.

Quote Quote:
    I believe Merak is not the worst. If Merak is not defeated rather easily (actually not that easily looking at the characters' struggles, but judging from the damage it has done, yeah, it seems rather easy), I can't imagine what about the most powerful.
    As Zeltrax said, they seem to have weakpoints but still... This was way too convenient.

I wonder if there is a fusion concept like in Persona. Otherwise I doubt Hibikis friend could be useful.

I do want to see Cerberus fight at some point though.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel something is off about this eps. I don't know what though.

Two new characters! I wonder what importance they have... I had a moment of when I heard NamiDai's voice though...

With this current pattern, I am starting to suspect Hibiki will also acquire Seiryuu and Genbu. Something is off about him too... He seems so mysterious when he shows up with Suzaku, and then just runs away like that. He also has such scary expression on his face, I'm afraid he has changed so abruptly (which is totally weird since it's only a day after that disaster) but then we see him looking.. normal. I mean, not as cheerful as he was before, but he doesn't seem that serious. And he's starting to wear his hoodie, which makes him seem rather silly when he has a serious expression. Just look at the long ears!
    Oh, and with his death clip showing up, I'm worried about him. But I think I will put my faith in him as the main character. The main character won't die at least until the end, right?

Yamato... He has such a extreme pragmatist view, I'm starting to dislike him. He's scary even when he's a kid. I suppose growing up in a family as powerful as that can make him like that. (Why does Cerberus only has one head?? )

The two prominent leaders right now, Yamato and Ricardo... Both of them have ideals that are actually pretty extreme. One has no qualms into sacrificing people, while the other doesn't want to sacrifice anyone. Both views are pretty much flawed. I wonder if Hibiki will rise as a possible leader who will have a more realistic ideal.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I feel something is off about this eps. I don't know what though.
    Maybe the amount of new characters introduced every episode?

Quote Quote:
    With this current pattern, I am starting to suspect Hibiki will also acquire Seiryuu and Genbu.
    I wonder how he suddenly got Suzaku though.

Quote Quote:
    Something is off about him too... He seems so mysterious when he shows up with Suzaku, and then just runs away like that. He also has such scary expression on his face, I'm afraid he has changed so abruptly (which is totally weird since it's only a day after that disaster) but then we see him looking.. normal. I mean, not as cheerful as he was before, but he doesn't seem that serious. And he's starting to wear his hoodie, which makes him seem rather silly when he has a serious expression. Just look at the long ears!
    True... Either the resistance leader told him something which wasn't to his liking and totally shocked him... Or he just changed his mood.
    It's even weirder he didn't try to get his friends...

Quote Quote:
    Oh, and with his death clip showing up, I'm worried about him. But I think I will put my faith in him as the main character. The main character won't die at least until the end, right?
    He is the main character. He won't die now.

Quote Quote:
    Yamato... He has such a extreme pragmatist view, I'm starting to dislike him. He's scary even when he's a kid. I suppose growing up in a family as powerful as that can make him like that. (Why does Cerberus only has one head?? )
    He still has that cool attitude though which makes him somewhat badass. Though he seems to be a bit of a bad guy... I wonder what his relationship with Alcor is.

And for Cerberus... That's just how Atlus designed him...

Quote Quote:
    I wonder if Hibiki will rise as a possible leader who will have a more realistic ideal.
    Only future can tell... I want to know why Hibiki is such a prodigy regarding demons though...

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not even trying to make sense of this show

How come the head of super secret magical organizations are always bishies?

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

This show is kind of worth it just too hear Kamiya Hiroshi, Sakurai Takahiro, Sawashiro Miyuki, Koshimizu Ami saying such cliche action lines. They are all are so good they kind of pull it off.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Maybe the amount of new characters introduced every episode?
    Nah, that's okay. It's something else...

It's even weirder he didn't try to get his friends...
    Yeah! That's the weirdest thing!!!

He still has that cool attitude though which makes him somewhat badass. Though he seems to be a bit of a bad guy... I wonder what his relationship with Alcor is.
    I think Alcor is interested in him since he's powerful... but now that Hibiki shows up... I wonder why Alcor said the sparkling one is no longer there to Yamato...

And for Cerberus... That's just how Atlus designed him...
    I wonder if they based him on Kero-chan who only has one head too. The real Cerberus is famous because of its three heads.

Only future can tell... I want to know why Hibiki is such a prodigy regarding demons though...
    Yeah.. I wonder about that too... There must be something, since it appears he's even more powerful than Yamato, and Yamato already seems so powerful.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I'm not even trying to make sense of this show

How come the head of super secret magical organizations are always bishies?
    I wish I can do that, but I just have to understand...

Because the target market includes girls?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    This show is kind of worth it just too hear Kamiya Hiroshi, Sakurai Takahiro, Sawashiro Miyuki, Koshimizu Ami saying such cliche action lines. They are all are so good they kind of pull it off.
    Yeah, they're the saving graced of this show.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

He didn't get his friends because it would be dangerous he's really getting used to "handling everything by myself" and that might be the
    reason for the death clip. Sucks that the anime changed things, Joe and the nurse wasn't supposed to appear here. Ronaldo was not set
    to take the stage so early and well, there was never any Hibiki Death Clip. I think the anime is just rushing things to end it off at 12.
    Quote Quote:
    I wonder if they based him on Kero-chan who only has one head too. The real Cerberus is famous because of its three heads.
    Nice question. But cerberus is one headed because of it's backstory in the Atlus games, he was originally a three headed demon summoned by a young boy into a normal dog and the demon stayed loyal to the young boy, thus remaining in that body to be with him. Only using its powers when the time called for it. This is brought into later games.
    Quote Quote:
    The two prominent leaders right now, Yamato and Ricardo... Both of them have ideals that are actually pretty extreme. One has no qualms into sacrificing people, while the other doesn't want to sacrifice anyone. Both views are pretty much flawed. I wonder if Hibiki will rise as a possible leader who will have a more realistic ideal.
    I like how you notice that! One aims for a world where only the strongest/people that put in hard work stand at the top while the other aims for a world
    where everyone is in equality, like communism. You are right that they are flawed but if I had to choose, I would be on Yamato's side any day.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    He didn't get his friends because it would be dangerous he's really getting used to "handling everything by myself" and that might be the
    reason for the death clip. Sucks that the anime changed things, Joe and the nurse wasn't supposed to appear here. Ronaldo was not set
    to take the stage so early and well, there was never any Hibiki Death Clip. I think the anime is just rushing things to end it off at 12.
    But at least he could have contacted his friends and asked for their understanding... Simply leaving them is irresponsible, I think.
    Well then, maybe we do have an original anime ending for this story. But yeah, according to experience, this kind of ending usually sucks. But.. who knows.

Nice question. But cerberus is one headed because of it's backstory in the Atlus games, he was originally a three headed demon summoned by a young boy into a normal dog and the demon stayed loyal to the young boy, thus remaining in that body to be with him. Only using its powers when the time called for it. This is brought into later games.
    I see. But it's really unsatisfying that in order to know this, one has to know the games.

I like how you notice that! One aims for a world where only the strongest/people that put in hard work stand at the top while the other aims for a world
    where everyone is in equality, like communism. You are right that they are flawed but if I had to choose, I would be on Yamato's side any day.
    I'd rather choose a third option. Yamato's world will only bring further destruction since surviving strong ones will oppose each other. Ricardo's world will only bring sorrow since one way or another, people will be sacrificed no matter what you do...

---------- Post added May 11, 2013 at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was May 04, 2013 at 09:53 PM ----------

I feel this eps is a little bit silly. Jungo, saying, "Violence is not good," right after he kicks someone? Why does he reminds me of a certain someone?
    Oh, and Puss-in-Boots.

I have to admit, despite all his arrogance, Yamato surely has an awesome entrance. Though what Alcor says about him going there after seeing Hibiki's death clip makes him look rather like a tsun.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 06:

Jungo and Airi - Annoying and adorable at the same time... Why the cat demons though...

The enemy this time was a circle shooting laser beams... Well it wasn't important this time...
    What was amazing was the kind of entrance Yamato had... Epic music, strong demon and he can copy and overwrite their abilities... Makes you wonder why he doesn't destroy the enemy himself... If he wants to rule THAT would be kinda a way to get people to like him...
    Well let's see what happens enxt...

---------- Post added May 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was May 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM ----------

Episode 07:

No action only talking... Though we get some information... Alcor wants to give humanity a chance and tha is why he gave them Nicaea... Interesting.

Furthermore Kanno talked more than usual and has some plan regarding Nitta... I wonder what it is. Hibiki won't like it.

Pretty light hearted episode... Didn't like the comic relief though.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

No wonder Sky has trouble regarding comic relief, since it revolved around Nitta's boobs
    Airi-chan is kinda cute, but that was it. Absolutely nonsense scene, considering the end of the world might just be few hours away.

Sole good thing about it was Yamato. He questioned his "friendship" with Hibiki. I'm not yet buying all those Ronaldo talked about. On top of that, Yamato was cool when he said he'd be more than enough to protect an entire city all by himself.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It feels like a long time ago I see smile on Hibiki's face.

Well, the comic relief is funny enough for me. Daichi is blushing because of Nitta, but Nitta is blushing because of Hibiki, and Hibiki is not blushing though he does panic. What a triangle.

I still can't believe Yamato is 17 no matter what. Even when he's 14, he's already so tall...
    For once, I do not disagree with Yamato when he calls those people worthless garbage.
    And... WOW. YAMATO. "I alone will be plenty." Are you serious? But I think that's why he's such a badass.

Hinako is alive: one puzzle piece solved. That last part is.. ominous though. Sacrifice?

---------- Post added May 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was May 18, 2013 at 07:26 PM ----------

Deaths again. Now three has died. I seriously think the story is getting boring somehow, especially all the talk between Alcor and Hibiki.

I'm amazed at Yamato though. GO YAMATO. What a badass.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha..I can't believe this is how the animation adaption turned out..
    I dunno how to justify it anymore..

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... it haven't ended yet. There might still be hope for salvation...

Though now I really start to like Yamato more and more...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha..I can't believe this is how the animation adaption turned out..
    I dunno how to justify it anymore..
    How much is off? Because P4A was amazing in that regard.

But really... Yamato and Kanno are the only reasons I continue to watch this. He is just badass and she is a sexy beast.

But that's about it. the deaths are pointless and the plot became really boring.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The general plot is still the same.
    Just the unnecessary killing of great characters.
    Joe is one of the best characters in DS 2. Along with Otome(my favourite in ds2).
    They have so much depth in them that the anime had to go and waste the shit out of it.
    Look, I'm just saying DS Animation would be so much better if we had 24 episodes.

Ronaldo shouldn't have died on Wednesday, he was supposed
    to play a greater role like Alcor and Yamato. They are really overplaying Daichi being weak.
    Fumi is suppose to be more of a character than just there.
    Alcor wasn't suppose to say this much to Hibiki this early.
    Moving at one day per pace( total 8 days) in one episode is suicidal to the pacing.

With the speed they are killing people off, Jungo should not even be there.

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly coming into the anime I thought everyone would survive and the anime would go the triumphant ending, I never been more wrong about an anime in my life!

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Also it sucks that daichi is treated like a joke every episode!!

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast