Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suisei no Gargantia

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suisei no Gargantia

Great show so far... I'm so glad I didn't drop it after all.

Episode 03:

Ledo is a bit overpowered on earth...
    But oh well he kept his promise. No casualties.

I like how he started to get the Gargantias trust. I sure hope they will get Ledo to open up a bit.

The battlescene was great and the music too.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Episode 04:

Ledo and the earth civilization... Very nice.
    We got to see a lot more of the Gargantias daily live and we learned something about Ledo. He had a little brother too huh? So I guess the flute and Bebel reminded him...
    His interactions with Bellot and Amy were nice too.
    I'm totally fine with the pacing. Such a story needs time.

I do get the feeling though, that at some point in the story a very bad thing is about to happen...

---------- Post added May 09, 2013 at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was April 28, 2013 at 09:02 PM ----------

Episode 05:

Chamber was used as a grill... Poor guy...
    Though i guess Ledo had it even worse with all those Okamas chasing him around...

Another nice slice of live episode. I can honestly say I expected a different kind of show and I'm positively surprised.

Those swimsuits...

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 05:

Chamber was used as a grill... Poor guy...
    Though i guess Ledo had it even worse with all those Okamas chasing him around...

Another nice slice of live episode. I can honestly say I expected a different kind of show and I'm positively surprised.

Those swimsuits...
    Your usual fan service with the swimsuits and something-similar-to-beach episode. Not bad, though.

The worst part of the episode is turning Chamber into a grill, wahahaha~ I laughed hard at it, Chamber looks instantly so stupid from being awesome mecha to a living grill! Very funny. Ledo's journey is also a funny one, it's crazy and disgusting to see him chased by you-know-what. Overall it's a lovely laid-back episode. I wonder what kind of serious plot twists we'll see after this. :3

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 07:

So squids evolved and went to space or something?

It was just a matter of time till Ledo and the fleet would be on opposit sites again...
    But the suspense was pretty cool... Everybody hoping that the squids won't attack the fleet...

Can't wait to see what the next episode might show.

---------- Post added May 27, 2013 at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was May 24, 2013 at 06:14 PM ----------

Episode 08:

The whole funreal part was done amazingly. The music... The emotions... Great!

The next important part was Ledos change... Although the romance part was more like a sidestory in this episode I think it was done pretty well. For the first time he wants to protect someone.
    I don't even pity him that he is unable to go home. On earth he has friends, a family!

I hope he will return to Amy when he was victorious.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I kind of feel like nothing good is going to come from attacking the whalequid's nest. Upsetting such a delicate balance of power is bound to have consequences. The treasure does not sound promising either. I have a bad feeling it will have something to do with why humanity either fled for space, or took to the seas. Even if it isn't the cause, it will reveal what caused the flooding. I think that Ledo will eventually return to Gargantia, I don't think he will return victorious. Whatever happens, I think the attack on the whalequid's nest will be the equivalent of learning Homura's power or the truth about Sybil.

The gist of Gargantia seems to be about soldiers adjusting to civilian life after the war, when there are no enemies left to fight. Ledo does not seem to be taking well to a peaceful everyday life.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 09:

And Kaiten was right... There was the plot twist...

Who would have thought that the Hideauze were Human all along?! That is a shocking revelation... Humans fought against themself because of the next ice age and almost destroyed themselfs... Wow... I'm impressed. That was not something I would've expected.

It was hard to see Amy cry... :'(

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed unexpected. I like the plot twist, as strange as it seems. And the war Ledo and friends had been fighting now sounds like just a war between humans: Union and the Evolvers. Too bad. That is quite a shock for Ledo.

If whalesquid was a way for humans to survive the coming ice age, I wonder if they were planning to 'convert' back to humans when they've found a place to live if it's possible. Or they just wanted to live like that in new planet/galaxy they could live on?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell if episode 9 is meant to give you a reason to hate the hideouzu or sympathize with them.

I feel so bad for Ledo.... Chamber crushing the humanoid whalesquid against his command and the cries of the incinerated whalesquid kiddos is going to haunt him for a long time. :[

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mango-chan View Post
    I can't tell if episode 9 is meant to give you a reason to hate the hideouzu or sympathize with them.
    I don't really think I can hate them, haha~ They were trying to use science to survive. That's what we all have been doing in this life, and for them it was more urgent because the ice age was coming. I'm still curious about the reason behind why they had to be destroyed so much by the Galactic Alliance before, and how they managed to evolve sooo strong. Feels like something is wrong there, but not here at Earth, lol.

---------- Post added June 22, 2013 at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was June 06, 2013 at 10:29 AM ----------

What a strange episode 11.

The higher officer definitely looks suspicious. Especially with the order to attack Gargantia. I guess when he was sucked back at that time he also stumbled to Earth but got off at the wrong place. Those people seem like those Hideauze humans, am I correct? If it's true then he's totally siding with the wrong party, lol.

Looking forward to how this will be wrapped up in 2 episodes.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

And of course the machine is out of control... Pretty interesting that Kugel was already dead.
    Well now Ledo has to destroy the Striker unit once and for all!

At least Gargantia is ready now!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner The Black Sun's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

When I thought about it, I didn't understand why Ledo captain died. if Ledo didn't got any virus\diseases why did the high officer did. and he said that he didn't went out of the cockpit... and what happened after the cockpit opened, I felt sorry for him.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess he was dead for a long time... What Ledo saw was a deception by Striker.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I guess he was dead for a long time... What Ledo saw was a deception by Striker.
    The whole "He has a serious disease" was too fishy from the beginning, I thought it was pretty obvious that Striker is actually doing his own thing. Of course not as a free spirit but with the Galactic Alliance in mind. Just like Chamber, the robot probably had some rather static ideas and principles inserted into him and now he's acting according to them.

That being said, I'm curious to see what this "key" is all about and if we will see another season or not. There's some potential to take it further, into the universe, but I guess the series name wouldn't be very fitting then The series will probably have a rather open end or wrarp some things up pretty fast in the last few minutes, like some kind of summary what happened afterwards.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What does 'suisei' mean, by the way?

The part with Kugel, ergh. It's so obvious something is so wrong. I wonder what disease it was, though. Or if he had been dead from the very moment he stumbled on Earth. Meh. One episode left, not sure what to expect. With the way things are it doesn't seem like we'll see Ledo coming back to Galactic Alliance, instead he'll stay with Gargantia (*coughAmycough*) and help people from then on. But I agree with nii-kun that we'll probably see somehow open ending. Doesn't seem like this series will have a continuation, though. XD

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    What does 'suisei' mean, by the way?
    It means verdurous planet.
    So the show would be called Gargantia of the verdurous planet.

Episode 13:

Epic battles... Epic weapons... An AI which was able to grow attached to his pilot and acted on its own just to save him... I really liked Chamber. :'(
    In the end guy the rogue AI was defeated and Ledo learned that the humans on Earth are far more human than the robots fighting whalesquid humans in space.

And he got the girl... Lucky Ledo indeed...

Can't wait for the OVA! \o/

All in all I'd rate it 7/10. The pacing was good, the plot was interesting and the animation quality was good too.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; June 30, 2013 at 04:50 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

My closing remarks for Gargantia, as I wrote it on Twitter:

Quote Quote:
    Best character in Gargantia: Chamber, a robot piloted by Ledo
    (1) Used as a grilling tool
    (2) Saying "Go to hell, metalhead!" to his fellow robot
    (3) Treating Ledo like his child, saying things like "he no longer needs support because he has developed enough", asking him to be happy, and sacrifice itself for him
    *two points below added by my friend*
    (4) Helping Gargantia citizens to carry things around
    (5) Debating with fellow robot about what humans are
    Mm, yes, I'm so gonna miss Chamber.

Pretty good, it was a nice journey, and I found quite a good opening song. :3 Bye bye, Gargantia!

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast