Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S

Alternative Title: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 2nd Season, A Certain Scientific Railgun 2nd Season
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Apr 12, 2013 to ?
    Producers: J.C. Staff
    Genres: Action, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Super Power

Opening: "sister's noise" by fripSide
    Ending: "Grow Slowly" by Yuka Iguchi

Synopsis
    The second season will focus on The Sisters Arc. Lasting only a single volume in the Toaru Majutsu no Index light novels, it was later expanded greatly in the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun manga.

The arc focuses on the ordeals of Mikoto Misaka after discovering the existence of the Radio Noise sisters that are being used in the Level 6 Shift, an experiment where they are killed in order for the highest-ranking Level 5, Accelerator, can achieve Level 6.

(Source: Wikipedia)

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S

Episode 01:

I didn't expect anything else... Hands down my favourite show of the season.

The Opening: They continued with another fripside song and what can you say... Even more awesome than the previous two! Even Touma was allowed to do something awesome in it.

A very good start indeed... Starting the show with Misakas awesomeness... Way to go.

Everyone else stayed the same too...

I can't wait for episode 2.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Birbiri being awesome as usual. I'm actually surprised there was a season 2, completely forgotten about it and
    well, when I saw the first episode up on torrents..I couldn't resist.
    Shooting a railgun while free-falling? Damn even though all laws of physics won't agree with that, it was done so well.
    Haha, I like this episode's emphasis on Misaki really appreciating the existence of her friends. I think this series will center around this theme.
    The op is good as expected but not as great as the previous ones from the other seasons.
    Seems like touma will be getting a bigger role this time which is great!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess we will see some scene which already were in the main series, just out of Misakas view.
    I hope Index will get some cameo appearences too.

---------- Post added April 20, 2013 at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was April 13, 2013 at 04:36 AM ----------

Episode 2:

Chibi Misaka... *__* How cute
    For a Level 0 Saten has an very... unique skill... :'D

The black haired girl is interesting... And it seems the little sister arc is about to start.
    She scared those Skill-Outs to death...

Very interesting set up episode... I wonder if Chibi Misaka and her ever met as kids... We only saw a glare from the black haired girl in the flashback...

---------- Post added April 27, 2013 at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was April 20, 2013 at 02:37 AM ----------

Episode 03:

Nice to see when Misaka made first contact with her clones. Oh how I missed the clone-Misakas who state exactly how they are doing things...

For now the plot development is on hold I guess and next weeks episode will be more lighthearted.

Saten-san seems to develop yuri-feelings for Misaka too though...

And the hero of the episode... Kuroko... What a perv...

---------- Post added May 04, 2013 at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was April 27, 2013 at 08:05 PM ----------

Episode 04:

As I thought very light hearted and funny... Always nice to be remembered that Misaka is a young girl after all...

The real fun starts next week though. Accelerator will appear and we will see again what happened in the first season of Index I guess... So Touma should appear too.

Still... Very creepy to see the corpses of all the Sisters...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; May 04, 2013 at 07:54 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG! Accelerator is a jerk! After have seen this episode I don't remember why I liked him before.I need to rewatch Index.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 05:

"Even my own clone questions my taste..:" Priceless...
    First half was pretty sweet... Misaka getting attached to the first clone she ever met... It was cute as hell... That clone was sooo adorable... :3

And for the second... Well we knew what would happen... Almost forgot the old Accelerator... I'm glad he is different now.

Still... That was pretty harsh. The ending was extremely well made!

Incoming Touma-epicness... :3

---------- Post added May 19, 2013 at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was May 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM ----------

Episode 06:

...Or not... Well it was fine this way too. Damn Accelerator really was scum... Too bad THAT hasn't happened yet...
    Pretty awesome too see Misaka getting her ass kicked because she usual defeats everyone else...

Well now the stage is almost set... Next week her friends will join the team and the hunt for the mad scientists will begin!

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Touma probably won't join in for a little while. The Railgun version of the Sisters Arc is longer than the Index version. From what I understand it will take up all of this season. My memories of Index are getting foggy, I need to rewatch soon. I think I stopped watching during this arc. I definitely saw the beginning of the Index version.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

should i watch a certain magical index before watching railgun?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

AFAIK Railgun is a spinoff and I watched Index before it and got to appreciate certain scenes more since I saw the connection so I would recommend it.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    should i watch a certain magical index before watching railgun?
    It's not necessary, as long as you know a little about Touma, the main character from Index. He will make a few brief cameo's in season one, without any explanation given about who he is. He should also have a larger role at some point this season. You can read his bio at MAL and know enough to appreciate. Otherwise very few characters from Index make cameo's, and they always are brief Easter eggs, rather than plot points. When the plot does overlap, a full explanation is given. Even if you don't watch Index, you will fully understand everything that happens in Railgun. It is kind of fun watching if you know a little about Index, but not a very big deal. Railgun is significantly better than Index, both the plot and characters are superior. If you don't want to watch 48 episodes of Index first, it is not necessary. Be sure to read a little about Touma, and you will be fine.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i love the artwork, the characters are flat out adorable, some of the cutest girls in any anime ive seen

not sure exactly what the show is about yet, but it seems interesting after the first episode (i went straight to railgun because i couldnt find a good site to watch index on my mobile device)

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 07:

Another heartwarming episode... Nice to see Kurokos view on things. Nothing much happened storywise but at least Kuroko doesn't look that sad anymore.

Still... Next week we will get more action... I wonder who the blond girl is. I have an idea but we will see.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Railgun S pulled off something of a casting coup. The members of "Item" will be played by Koshimizu Ami (Holo, Wolf and Spice), Uchida Maaya (Rikka, Chuunibyou), Suzaki Aya (Tamako, Tamako Market), and Akasaki Chinatsu (Nibutani, Chuunibyou).

Source

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 08:

Mikotos determination is pretty impressive... She really wants to put an end to this mess...

Such a pity that ITEM has a problem with that.

The fight was animated very well and it's always nice to see Mikoto using her awesome abilities.

In the end Frenda (?) could only rely on cheap tricks and was no real match for the Railgun... Though she might've won if she hadn't said stuff like the "killing for fun" part...

Well I can't wait for next week...

---------- Post added June 08, 2013 at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was June 01, 2013 at 04:07 AM ----------

Episode 09:

Wow the ability of Mugino in combination with that AIM stalking is quite something...
    A lot of action this episode.
    Mikoto is almost at her limit. I wonder how she will be rescued. Maybe Kuroko will appear? Or will Mikoto be able to Railgun Mugino?
    Those episodes are over way too fast...

---------- Post added June 15, 2013 at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was June 08, 2013 at 06:17 PM ----------

Episode 10:

Damn Misaka was worn out. But still she was smart enough to use Frendas bombs in a fight. Seriously how did that adorable enemy carry all those puppets?
    In the end she won thanks to her wits and could destroy the facility...
    Though she will soon be disappointed... This project is far from over...

So we are at "that" point in the Index main story now. Touma appeared. Watching this scene again will be very funny... Or as Touma would say: "Such misfortune!"
    Last edited by Skyguardian; June 15, 2013 at 05:46 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

We are at episode 10. Will they show Touma vs Accelerator fight again? Do yoyu think that they'll start the next arc?

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast