Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Karneval

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Karneval

Karneval

Alternative Title: Karneval (2013)
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Apr 4, 2013 to ?
    Producers: Bandai Visual, Manglobe
    Genres: Action, Mystery, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Shoujo

Opening: "Henai no Rinbukyoku" by GRANRODEO
    Ending
    : "REASON" by KAmiYU

Synopsis
    Nai searches for someone important to him, with only an abandoned bracelet as a clue. Gareki steals and pick-pockets to get by from day to day. The two meet in a strange mansion where they are set-up, and soon become wanted criminals by military security operatives. When Nai and Gareki find themselves desperate in a hopeless predicament, they encounter none other than the country's most powerful defense organization—"Circus"!!

(Source: OneManga)

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Karneval

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~~~

Finally, it's here! I've been waiting for so long!!!!

SO, SO, SO AWESOME!! Gareki, Hirato and Tsukumo are AWESOME! (I'm sorry, Nai, but you never really interest me)
    Wondering why OnoD often plays awesome character... Though 'kuso megane' does fit Hirato well...
    I also like the music for some reason...
    I was wishing I won't hear Yogi in this eps (note: I dislike Mamoru's cheerful voice), but he just has to say a line.

Waiting for the next eps!

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, I don't know, the least interesting series so far for me. Probably because I'm not comfortable with Nai (that hair that eyes ) but Gareki is awesomeehhh, duhuhu~ <33

Plot-wise it seems rather complicated; from the beginning we were shown many sides/parties so let's see who gets who and how.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Yogi finally appears. I was dreading for his line ".. the sparkling prince blah blah blah" coz it's just so... . But I can't really blame for a certain reason (a reason that will be a spoiler).
    I think since Yogi is now here, it's getting funnier. He's the butt monkey after all... but the aura of seriousness is still here. Good job.
    I have to repeat that I don't like Yogi (or Mamoru for that matter) but when he makes this unintelligible sounds behind the chair after Hirato just ignores him, it's really cute (both his expression and voice). I suppose no one can really dislike Yogi, eh.. Mamoru's voice really fits his personality. It's as if Yogi is created after Mamoru Miyano...

And OMG WILL YOU LOOK AT HITSUJI AND USAGI THEY'RE SO CUTE!!!
    I've seen them a lot of times before in the manga, but actually looking at them walking around and talking is just so.. Their voices are really cute. The most hilarious thing will be when the sheep just suddenly appears in front of Nai and the Varuga, and says that the time for hide and seek is over then proceeds to take him away. His timing can't be more perfect. I imagine the varuga's face of "wut?".

And I was actually screaming and shouting like crazy fangirl when I spotted Jiki in the parade... Ah, I hope they will appear soon. It's interesting that the first ship's guys already appear though only for a second or more... (Eva gets to talk to Nai though...)

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, watched the first two eps a little earlier and this was nicely-animated and also quite intriguing. I think Gareki's quite a nod to No.6's Nezumi (the original Nezumi, not the anime version), but he appears to be softer around the edges... which means I might actually start to like him. And I hope I do because there's no way I'm going to like Nai anywhere near as much as Shion (who I like more than Nezumi).

So there are actual pairings in this series and not just hints at pairings? Hmm. That'll be interesting.

And from that second ep it seems obvious to me...
    Spoiler show

*edit* btw I was really weirded out by the laid off workers bombing a train. They might get angry enough to block roads or at the worst attack the office of the CEO or something but since when do groups of laid off workers threaten whole trains full of innocent people that have nothing to do with their situation?
    Last edited by kannazuki; April 13, 2013 at 01:50 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'm the weird one, but I'm still yet to fell curious about the series, even though many questions have been thrown to us. Probably because Nai feels too feminine and like a child... Aside from that the animation is good, the voice actors -- well, what can I say about this, we have some famous ones for the cast, including Mamoru Miyano (Yogi ) --. I'm still at least curious about Karoku although at the moment I have a guess like kannazuki has. Guess I'll stick around~

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    So there are actual pairings in this series and not just hints at pairings? Hmm. That'll be interesting.
    Eh, but this is nothing similar to No 6 in terms of pairings... So far (for manga, that is already so far), no obvious hints of pairings. I even have to say this series lacks romance.

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    And from that second ep it seems obvious to me...
    Spoiler show
    I wonder about that.
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Aside from that the animation is good, the voice actors -- well, what can I say about this, we have some famous ones for the cast, including Mamoru Miyano (Yogi ) --. I'm still at least curious about Karoku although at the moment I have a guess like kannazuki has. Guess I'll stick around~
    I wonder why you make that face about Yogi.
    Well, it takes some time to get invested in the story. I had to read a few chapters of the manga before I fall in love with it. (Especially after Jiki appears )

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I wonder why you make that face about Yogi.
    Well, it takes some time to get invested in the story. I had to read a few chapters of the manga before I fall in love with it. (Especially after Jiki appears )
    Hm, because upon discovering his appearance and hearing his voice, I can't help but to remember you and your idols (e.g. Aoi Kaji ) ~ That, and that he's just funny. XD

It will indeed take longer for me to like Karneval. I guess if they add more twists and action it will be more fast-paced and interesting, but we'll see.
    Last edited by phio_chan; April 16, 2013 at 05:48 AM.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ju-da-su's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the two seiyuu-anime of the season that I watch...

I had interest in this manga for quite a long time already, since...well...it's Zero Sum's manga, so expect it to be shounen-ish + a little shounen ai-ish (despite of the fact that the magazine is categorized as josei magazine). Never had a chance to read it though...but...the anime is actually one of the ones I've planned to watch from the very beginning when the chart comes out because of that. And I love how the cast turns out to be perfect...XD (Main cast = Shimon + HiroC...and OnoD, Mamo and Hoshi as supporting = By far the most beautiful cast of this season...aka I'm in for sure...XD Not to mention, it has been so long since I last heard Hoshi's voice in anime, so...<3 <3 <3 )

Anyway, second episode...I actually like Yogi though. He's funny. I like how he whines about Hirato ignoring him, both that one over the phone where he was talking about how he got knocked over and stepped on, and when they're on that ship. XD

Guess I'll check the manga when I really have some times then, but so far, I can say I really love it. Can't wait for other episodes. I already kinda spoil myself on the thing about Karoku, though only a little and still don't know much. I'll definitely look forward to how things go with him as well...XD

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Hm, because upon discovering his appearance and hearing his voice, I can't help but to remember you and your idols (e.g. Aoi Kaji ) ~ That, and that he's just funny. XD

It will indeed take longer for me to like Karneval. I guess if they add more twists and action it will be more fast-paced and interesting, but we'll see.
    Ah, I love Kaji, but I don't love Mamoru. And yeah, he's funny. No, silly is more like it.

No worry. All that have you seen is not all yet.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ju-da-su View Post
    Anyway, second episode...I actually like Yogi though. He's funny. I like how he whines about Hirato ignoring him, both that one over the phone where he was talking about how he got knocked over and stepped on, and when they're on that ship. XD
    Then in the episodes to come, you'll be happy to see more of Hirato treating Yogi like a child (or even air). that's why I love Hirato though (after Jiki, of course). He's such a sadistic and mischievous man despite looking so cool and mature.
    Last edited by yukihime03; April 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Then in the episodes to come, you'll be happy to see more of Hirato treating Yogi like a child (or even air). that's why I love Hirato though (after Jiki, of course). He's such a sadistic and mischievous man despite looking so cool and mature.
    Well, I can actaully sense that he's treating Yogi as though he doesn't exist. I mean, just from the second episode, he ignored the poor guy twice, so...XD

Though I think Yogi does kinda deserve it though. IMO, he does act like a child after all...with that whine and the hide-and-seek and Nyanperona(?)...but guess that's one of the reasons why I find him likable...XD (Not to mention, Mamo made him sounds even more childish too...using his "usual tone"...>.>")

PS. Though so far, I'm thinking that I might end up rooting for Gareki or Karoku as my favorite character of this series anyway...Will need to see other characters more though...>.<"

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can actaully sense that he's treating Yogi as though he doesn't exist. I mean, just from the second episode, he ignored the poor guy twice, so...XD

Though I think Yogi does kinda deserve it though. IMO, he does act like a child after all...with that whine and the hide-and-seek and Nyanperona(?)...but guess that's one of the reasons why I find him likable...XD (Not to mention, Mamo made him sounds even more childish too...using his "usual tone"...>.>")

PS. Though so far, I'm thinking that I might end up rooting for Gareki or Karoku as my favorite character of this series anyway...Will need to see other characters more though...>.<"
    And in the first eps' preview of second eps, Hirato was thinking about buying candies for Yogi.

Yeah, despite being 21, he acts like a child. I don't like him as a person, but I like him as an object of sadism and abuse.

PS. Gareki is sure cool. I like him though he is only in number three. Karoku is too mysterious for me. Don't worry, there are still some awesome characters that haven't showed up yet.

---------- Post added April 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was April 17, 2013 at 11:06 AM ----------

JIIIIIIIKIIIIIII~~~~ *ahem*
    I mean, another great eps!

Hihi, finally Gareki starts seeing Nai like a Niji... Kawaaaii! Especially when the Niji!Nai is telling Gareki he doesn't need him! The sight of Gareki blushing is really something.

Oh, and the Stoic Man whom Yogi fears more than anything appears. His pink hair is kinda... distracting, though. I don't expect it to be that bright on closer inspection.

And, and, and... Jiki! He speaks this time! I suppose the first ship will take more appearances from now on.

Also, as always, Yogi is bullied by everyone.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

PFFT! GAREKI! YOU! PFFFFFFT!!! XDDD

I've spoiled myself already about the fact that Nai is an animal (though I didn't know exactly what that means until now...>.>"), but who would've thought he's actually that...cute thing in the ending...? >.>"

Gareki's reaction to when he knew Nai is an animal is seriously cute though. I mean, "I don't need you, Gareki!" (by a cute small white animal trying to push Gareki even though he isn't even as tall as Gareki's knee)...LOL

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Gareki's reactions in this ep were totally priceless. The blushing thing was adorable too. ^_^

Think I really might have to read the manga on this one in order to figure out just how human Nai is. (I got semi-spoiled on Nai being an animal too-- I figured out the rest on my own before this ep aired, unfortunately. Getting spoilers like that-- especially so fast --means I need to read the manga if I want to keep up with the story... and not have all my expectations and theories dashed too soon.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Gareki's reaction to when he knew Nai is an animal is seriously cute though. I mean, "I don't need you, Gareki!" (by a cute small white animal trying to push Gareki even though he isn't even as tall as Gareki's knee)...LOL
    Riiiight???
    If only it is not only an imagination of Gareki, and it actually happens like that, I don't think Gareki can respond properly due to Niji!Nai's puppy eyes. He will blush and become speechless.

---------- Post added April 26, 2013 at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was April 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM ----------

Jiki is not in this eps.

It's the time for Tsubame, eh?

Anyway.. Oh God, Yogi, you really make me disgusted with the way you behave in this eps. I approve of Iva smacking him.

And Karoku... Good gracious, he really is the center of fanservice with his clothes opened like that and bandages wrapped around his body. I have to admit he's rather hot though not my type. I'm reminded again about how young he is and can't stop comparing him to Yogi who is older. Karoku acts more like Yogi's age while Yogi is ... . I even initially thought that Karoku is Hirato's age. He's just that mature, eh.
    I really, really don't like Elska (Elishuka?). Already so possessive and aggressive at that age. I know the age gap doesn't matter but at least wait till you're older! You're still a girl!

Another Niji!Nai vision for Gareki. Pfft.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast