Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 18 of 18

Thread: Aku no Hana

  1. #16
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,926
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aku no Hana

    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Definitely. The concept of rotoscoping is cool, but I don't think Aku no Hana was the right manga for it. Perhaps something that was initially realistic to begin with such as Araki Hirohiko's art style could work better.

    Since they're using real actors to begin with, they could have made this into a live action drama instead.
    Indeed, Araki's style would be more fitting. Tbh though, rotoscoping looks plain creepy and/or ridiculous (in a bad way) to me, I'm definitely not a fan of that method.

    The thing is that the manga gets too disturbing later on, definitely pretty hard stuff for a live action drama. I don't want to spoil you so I will refrain from saying more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    They're both so different that I see them as two completely different series. Perhaps it's because the anime is more realistic that little things such as facial expressions seem creepier. Of course, if I find the manga just as creepy if not even creepier, then the manga's art style is the better one in conveying the story.

    I quite enjoy the story even though it's left me with a lot of questions. It's freaky considering how the characters are only in middle school -13/14 years old to be precise- and yet someone like Nakamura is able to psychologically manipulate a fellow classmate so easily. (It's also amazing how Kasuga can read a book that complicated for his age.) Right now I'm hoping to see more of Nakamura's background: she has only shown her true colours to Kasuga so far, and I wonder how she was brought up. It was a coincidence that she caught Kasuga stealing the gym clothes, but if she didn't witness the event, would she ever interact with someone as much as she does with him now?
    You should probably start reading the manga, it's really disturbing but yet fascinating. I'm not sure if there has ever been a manga which made me feel this disgusted at times. The manga really put me through a lot of different feelings, from anger to sorrow to happiness. Most of the time you can't help but think "wtf?!" for various reasons, it's part of what makes the manga great (at least to me). I definitely need someone here to read it, it looks like there's barely anyone here who reads the manga or feels like discussing it =/

  2. #17
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,927
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aku no Hana

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Indeed, Araki's style would be more fitting. Tbh though, rotoscoping looks plain creepy and/or ridiculous (in a bad way) to me, I'm definitely not a fan of that method.

    The thing is that the manga gets too disturbing later on, definitely pretty hard stuff for a live action drama. I don't want to spoil you so I will refrain from saying more.
    Different strokes for different folks. At first I thought it was another word for motion capture.

    The anime is only 12 episodes long so I wonder where they will end off since the manga is still ongoing. I'm not sure what the disturbing thing is, but I can imagine why it'd be hard to pull off for Japanese dramas.

    Quote Quote:
    You should probably start reading the manga, it's really disturbing but yet fascinating. I'm not sure if there has ever been a manga which made me feel this disgusted at times. The manga really put me through a lot of different feelings, from anger to sorrow to happiness. Most of the time you can't help but think "wtf?!" for various reasons, it's part of what makes the manga great (at least to me). I definitely need someone here to read it, it looks like there's barely anyone here who reads the manga or feels like discussing it =/
    A good story for me is one that evokes strong feelings, and now I'm eager to read the manga! Even while watching the anime, there's still that sense of "WTF is going on?" so I'm sure the manga will do the same.

  3. #18
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,926
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Aku no Hana

    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. At first I thought it was another word for motion capture.

    The anime is only 12 episodes long so I wonder where they will end off since the manga is still ongoing. I'm not sure what the disturbing thing is, but I can imagine why it'd be hard to pull off for Japanese dramas.

    A good story for me is one that evokes strong feelings, and now I'm eager to read the manga! Even while watching the anime, there's still that sense of "WTF is going on?" so I'm sure the manga will do the same.
    Indeed, though I feel like most dislike it It's an interesting experiment but they definitely didn't please the manga fans.

    That's hard to tell, there's barely a good moment where they can stop (that is if they don't create a filler-ending). If they plan to continue a good ending point would be chapter 12 or the beginning of chapter 13, that would be a pretty nice cliffhanger. That's were you will first see some really crazy stuff too
    And an live-action drama is not impossible but would be quite daring, like I said the content is a bit.... well you will see, definitely some pretty serious stuff


    Same for me, that's why I really enjoyed it. When I first started reading it (I think I read the first 15 chapters or so in one go) I could barely stop thinking about it but I just had to stop reading, it puts you in a pretty weird mood. I'm usually someone who can stop something and totally forget about it until I start focusing on it again so me being unable to get it out of my head was definitely a sign that it created strong feelings within me.
    Looking forward to discussing the manga with you, should you start reading

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts