Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Noblesse Chapte 278 Discussion/ 279 Predictions

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapte 278 Discussion/ 279 Predictions

Review is out (Here is a link for any who are interested)

The poll question is on whether or not you think Raizel will survive the aftermath of this story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    Still, the manhwa would miss it's main character... and I just don't see it happening in any story.
    Doctor Who has done it 11 times. (and it's heartwrenchingly awesome every time)

Granted, it's not quite the same. The narrative softens it a little but each time the character of the doctor gets completely changed. So it really is the death of the main character. It is rare to see though. I can only think of one or two other examples where I thought it worked.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So you can break a Blood Field, interesting.

Raskreia doesn't look that good at this point as she didn't seem all that good. If her Blood Field was broken, would she be able to take Zarga and Urokai?

While Rai's traditional vampire form looks nice and all, I sort of think that he'll die, or if not die, at least be very ill/in poor shape, after he kills Zarga and Urokai.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

It is rather confusing, and odd that Raizel didn't know who all his attackers were until only recently. I was under the impression that he rebuffed all of their attacks and then went on to his slumber. But this chapter makes it apparent that he only recently, after he woke up, learned that the Elders betrayed the Nobles and aimed for his life.

Aside from that, Raizel having his body break down is expected. He will stick around for a while. Raizel's purpose is to defend and protect Humans and the weak from those who would abuse their power. Naturally he will give his all to his last breath in an attempt to protect those people. So it wouldn't be surprising to see a hunchbacked Raizel, who is crippled and a withered down body fending off attacks from the Union, but of course this Manhwa will always keep Raizel Bishounen.

The interesting thought I have after this chapter is will Rajak attack the 5th Elder? The obvious answer is no, since chances are she will survive so someone can report back to the Union.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    It is rather confusing, and odd that Raizel didn't know who all his attackers were until only recently. I was under the impression that he rebuffed all of their attacks and then went on to his slumber. But this chapter makes it apparent that he only recently, after he woke up, learned that the Elders betrayed the Nobles and aimed for his life.
    I believe it was that they attacked Raizel and weakened him - got him out of the way.
    Raziel went missing and sometime later, after 500 years, the traitor Nobles left. etc.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

No. I'm not saying I don't know what happened, I am saying that Raizel and Urokai in this very chapter reveal that Raizel only found out after awakening what had happened to him. That is what is odd. Wouldn't Raizel already know since he would have seen/defended himself against his attackers?

It's true that after awakening he would have found out that those who attacked him were the Traitors, and betrayed the Lord and left, yes.

Maybe the dialogue or translations just need further clarification. Because they certainly aren't completely cut and dry. There is certainly some interpretation.
    Last edited by LoS; April 02, 2013 at 02:17 AM. Reason: it's not even April fools any longer, fix the forum already!
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened with the art in this chapter? I've never seen Rai looking anything but perfect. Maybe the strain of drawing two manhwa at once?

But that does not excuse those lame wings ;.;

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse kicks ass. That is all.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

No. I'm not saying I don't know what happened, I am saying that Raizel and Urokai in this very chapter reveal that Raizel only found out after awakening what had happened to him. That is what is odd. Wouldn't Raizel already know since he would have seen/defended himself against his attackers?

It's true that after awakening he would have found out that those who attacked him were the Traitors, and betrayed the Lord and left, yes.

Maybe the dialogue or translations just need further clarification. Because they certainly aren't completely cut and dry. There is certainly some interpretation.
    That's why I said that they made a sneaky strike, not a real clash. One page just suggests that Raizel wasn't supposed to know who was behind the "attack" against him.

They probably "took care" of him first before attempting to strike the Lord and his fellows. Which makes sense if you want to maximise your chances.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IxNxFxIxNxIxTxE View Post
    I've been wondering about this; it says Raizel went into deep sleep after being betrayed by Roctis, but it seems he wasn't the only one involved since now Zargas and Urokai was part of it as well. It just didn't make sense as why Raizel had to generate lost strength through sleep when Roctis is still intact. Do I believe Roctis is stronger than Urokai and Zargas? Yes, but I don't think there is anyone who has a better potential in becoming strong than the Noblesse. There may be some who are more capable than Rai with his illness, but his peak should be unrivaled (unless another noblesse is involved). Thanks for shedding the light for me on this matter haha, was starting to doubt Franky ever being able to fight him(he did say he wanted to avenge Rai with Roctis' defeat).
    I think they made a sneaky plan (poison ? Special power which required several clan leaders ?) to weaken significantly Rai so Roctis could deal with him. But it doesn't necesseraly mean that Roctis actually fought him in the litteral sense. Again, he could just have been the vessel of the trap.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ This
    "look like Urokai was jealous because Rai; love frank/human more. Urokai want some love from Rai"

I've always think that the reason those clan leaders betray Lukedonia is because they weren't acknowledge that much by Rai.

I know that Roctis is loyal to Rai based from this chapter: http://mangafox.me/manga/noblesse/v04/c234/5.html but it seems that Rai favors Franken more than anyone... well, just a thought.

I hope Rai won't die, he is the life of this manga

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner nivekthemenace's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

ulquiorra is alive. ahahahahha

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading this chapter and the comments, to me it feels more like Rai might just absolve them, I mean if Franky can do it, why cant he. (or maybe I am simply grasping at straws).

Actually, it feels more like a recovery arc after this. Rajak gets a full soul weapon, rai comes back home and recovers or finds some new power or something.
    Last edited by silvermember; April 02, 2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: add more stuff.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silvermember View Post
    Reading this chapter and the comments, to me it feels more like Rai might just absolve them, I mean if Franky can do it, why cant he. (or maybe I am simply grasping at straws).

Actually, it feels more like a recovery arc after this. Rajak gets a full soul weapon, rai comes back home and recovers or finds some new power or something.
    Hurrah, another new poster. Welcome to the forum silvermember!

I wonder if Raizel could do that, would he?
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

He knew he was attacked / betrayed by them obviously. While in sleep - he had no idea that the others betray the lord or the details. So only after he wake up and go back to Lukedonia - that he figure it all out or after hearing the details from Frankenstien.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

hey, junst a hunch but vampires are supposed to gain strength from drinking blood right...Raizel may be too noble to do that for nourishment but as a form of execution why not suck those fuckers dry? this way he won't die that easily.......would be kinda OP though
    well just an idea

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LionkingRigald View Post
    hey, junst a hunch but vampires are supposed to gain strength from drinking blood right...Raizel may be too noble to do that for nourishment but as a form of execution why not suck those fuckers dry? this way he won't die that easily.......would be kinda OP though
    well just an idea
    i dont think nobles or noblesse r vampires. they can create vampire u remember guy whom m24 turn he was drinking blood from his target and also i think they call them mutant then vampire

any idea when 279 will upload
    Last edited by suraj5898; April 08, 2013 at 10:04 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3