Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 380 Discussion/381 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 380 Spoiler Discussion Thread

@Zehaha: Kurono survived on blind luck lol. Grabbing onto the alien as it flew away? Yeah nice one.

Next mission, dead. Next mission, broke both his arms and ran away in defeat. Next mission, killed a couple of nothing aliens and nearly died multiple times against the boss. Oni mission, failed again even after the Psychics blinded the guy. Italy, dead.

Not the best track record to be honest. Katastrophe? One died and one is suddenly the God of War.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad we never saw Host Samurai in a GANTZ suit. We all wanted that to happen as well. Would have been awesome if he used it after the Italy Mission, that is if GANTZ was still doing missions, which is what the entire manga was about before this Alien Invasion.

Is it really gonna end in 3 more chapters?

Like I said before, the ideal ending for GANTZ, IMO is for Kurono and team confront the God Aliens to request the world to be rebuilt with everyone's memory erased/people revived and GANTZ/Alien tech gone to never be in the hands of humans again. Last panel is of Kurono and Kato in the subway the bum falls on the tracks and they vaguely get their memory back and ends.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Otaku400: The Italy aliens weren't any weaker than Gonde. They have very high speed and some very special attacks that ripped Gantz tech apart. Gonde is perhaps even faster and has the added benefit that he can quickly alter his position at any time (e.g. during the zaibatsu raid he was coming straight at the Kei's, but when he noticed the H-gun go off above his head he completely changed momentum in an instant and launched himself backwards). On the other hand his attacks can't beat the sword (though it can easily squish a suit).

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

@Shion Izumi: 3 chapters doesn't sound right, but I could see it ending soon.

And ew at that ending lol. Almost as bad as 'it was all a dream'.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Italy Alien mission really seemed tougher than these Giants. That mission was utter chaos with little statues ripping everyone apart. I still don't think we've even seen the final boss of that mission, as everyone was getting transferred before the David statue battle with Kurono took place. Something tells me that the boss of the mission got killed before the transfer. Even the small fodder aliens were tearing up Oka level players left and right.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Being longer in the game =/= being strong. Nishi is the bext example for that, being killed in the very early chapters despite his experience and sneakiness, while someone like Kurono survived without the suit back then...

Osaka team would've never won, because they were selfish bastards basically... No teamwork, only selfish bastards... You get the rest
    American team... Why they should be stronger again ? Do we even know what drives them to fight ? Do they have the same motivation as Kurono ?

This isn't new, Kurono is a bit special, Katou considered him his idol when they were children, Kurono simply rediscovered that part of him thanks to Tae now
    Well, kurono has never particularly shown any exceptional reason to fight to be honest. He has never actually been noble or fought for a grand cause for that matter. For a large section of the manga his main drive was his survival instinct, his willingness to do anything to survive. In time his motivation changed from merely surviving to surviving to be with tae. As far as the osaka guys the main difference between them and kurono was that they were not just trying to survive, they were sociopaths looking for a good fight. So the end result was that they got into fights alone to milk as much fun out of them as they could. Things might have been a tad different if their goal was more survival oriented and they had aimed to get the hell out of there alive before having fun fighting and raping aliens aliens. Kurono and co in the end just had a more practical approach to the whole thing more than anything. Of course, there is also the consideration that the osaka mission was actually different from others... A 100 pointer which could by all intents and purposes have been well worth more than that and two sixty something pointers. The mission was considered so dangerous that gantz sent 2 teams there.... Of course the italy mission did seem exponentially more dangerous than that to boot.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

As for izumi, I would think he would had had a pretty good chance during the temple mission. He was a keen fighter who didn't hesitate to go for a kill. The only alien in the mission which would have posed a risk for him would be the last one and at large the only real threat that alien posed was the laser. It would be difficult but even a first timer gantzter managed to melt away half his body... And izumi does not give enough shits to care about it sounding like someone he knows. Not to mention that plenty of people did manage to sneak up on it so I doubt it would be an alien which nishi would have been unable to land a hit on at least.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku400 View Post
    In three Chapters vol 37 ist complete?
    Than the Volume has 6 Chapters?
    The Rumors about the break mhh how will Oku Continue this Gantz Manga?
    I think he will make a new one after this.

Why can the Gantz Katana stop Gondes Foot but break in the Rom Mission by a weaker Alien?
    Gantz volumes have 8 chapters (early volumes had more), for example, volume 36 started with chapter 368 and finished with chapter 375.

Following that, volume 37 will cover from chapter 376 until 383. If it's true what Oku's wife says and it ends with that volume...maybe there could be an extra chapter, but it's most likely that the final chapter will be longer than normal one. Who knows?
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku400 View Post
    Why can the Gantz Katana stop Gondes Foot but break in the Rom Mission by a weaker Alien?
    Well, who is to say they were weaker aliens? The giants had their size, technology and numbers going on for them but the rome mission was a massacre and at large they were just getting into a physical fight. I would argue there were several aliens physically well more powerful than the giants but in turn lacked the numbers or technology the giants had. More so, the regular aliens they fought were usually provoked into fighting and at large were just usually hidden in plain sight.... the giants went to kill everything that stood in their war.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    What about the other 10 pages?

It's funny that Gonde can dodge a sword when it's like 60cm from him but not when Kurono is holding it at a way longer distance.
    10 pages of Tae of course.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    @Zehaha: Kurono survived on blind luck lol. Grabbing onto the alien as it flew away? Yeah nice one.

Next mission, dead. Next mission, broke both his arms and ran away in defeat. Next mission, killed a couple of nothing aliens and nearly died multiple times against the boss. Oni mission, failed again even after the Psychics blinded the guy. Italy, dead.

Not the best track record to be honest. Katastrophe? One died and one is suddenly the God of War.
    Luck is part of the game too... Why should we disregard luck ? It's luck what helped Kenshiro to defeat Kaioh in HnK, it's luck what helped Luffy too and I can still go on, luck is always present at any manga

Next mission, dead yeah, that's before meeting Tae, and he was still being a little bitch back then thinking just about having sex with that chick. Next mission, killed the aliens before the annoying one following him afterwards, and still killed him anyway with the help of the police, that was annoying Kurono back then. Oni mission, he was the only one to never give up, NEVER. All of them nearly shat in their pants if it wasn't for Kurono attacking him non stop, why ? Because he didn't want to leave Tae alone

Don't talk about Kurono 2, that guy was a pathetic copy anyway, completely lost between Tae and Reika... Italy mission, nearly everyone was fucked there, they survived by luck honestly, the aliens were insanely strong, stronger than Gonde's race, just one touch and you're done for, I haven't seen any alien tougher than those honestly, with the exception of Osaka boss, he was way too nasty with his regeneration

Also, how can we be sure Gonde is stronger than the previous alien ? Are we sure he's stronger than Oni alliens boss ? Osaka boss ? Italy aliens ?

I'm not hating on Nishi and characters like him, I actually liked him a bit, especially during the school stuff which was quite hilarious honestly, but again, a guy like him being the strongest wouldn't make sense at all... He's selfish, he's a teen trying to make himself look tough... Humans get stronger by facing dangers, not by acting tough and sneaky, exactly what Kurono has been doing during all this time
    Last edited by Zehahaha; April 15, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, i think the statues of Rome had the special ability of nullifying gantz defensive tech, not that they were so strong (they were, but chibi alien level strong) that they could just bypass the suit defensive abilities, i think the same about the bone aliens.

What i mean is that Gonde could probably beat that Oceanus statue in terms of strenght...maybe...
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you doubt the awesomeness of kurono? This guy survived dinosaurs shooting meteors out of their mouths without his suit. He killed a pack of vampires without any real weaponry and without full memory of how to fight. This guy is well rounded and very good at adapting to his opponent. That's the reason he usually beats them if he's not stopped early. He uses his head instead of just rushing in like an idiot.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@Zehahaha: I can't believe that without Tae Kei 2 was completely useless.
    Spoiler show

Can't deny Kei was critical to the success of many missions but it wasn't at all because of his exceptional skill or talent. On his own he'd be extremely dead by now (which is why it's so hard to believe he's winning against Gonde). Yes he's pretty good, but can he handle anything on his own? Not really. Most of the time it is his ability to inspire the others to help him out that allows him to survive.

About Gonde... well he's obviously stronger than the Oni boss considering he can grab and squish a regular guy in an instant. Oni is perhaps faster but he can only go one direction lol. Straight! So I'd say Gonde is more dangerous in his agility.

Compared to the Italy aliens... well Gonde is extremely difficult to hit, even though the statues were often much smaller than humans. That's saying something I think. I would say he's more dangerous HOWEVER he needs to work around the Gantz sword whereas the statues could just break the damn thing.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

@9tails: Well it wasn't that special. Dinosaurs would have killed him if it wasn't for the Old man and Izumi coming to the rescue. And while not usually a weapon that torch thing he put together was in effect more powerful than any Gantz tech against the vamps, so there's that.

TBH he has only used his head once (against the vamps). Everything else has been derp I AM THE GREATEST I CANT DIE
    Last edited by GAT-X252; April 15, 2013 at 09:12 PM. Reason: insults

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    @Zehahaha: I can't believe that without Tae Kei 2 was completely useless.
    Spoiler show

Can't deny Kei was critical to the success of many missions but it wasn't at all because of his exceptional skill or talent. On his own he'd be extremely dead by now (which is why it's so hard to believe he's winning against Gonde). Yes he's pretty good, but can he handle anything on his own? Not really. Most of the time it is his ability to inspire the others to help him out that allows him to survive.

About Gonde... well he's obviously stronger than the Oni boss considering he can grab and squish a regular guy in an instant. Oni is perhaps faster but he can only go one direction lol. Straight! So I'd say Gonde is more dangerous in his agility.

Compared to the Italy aliens... well Gonde is extremely difficult to hit, even though the statues were often much smaller than humans. That's saying something I think. I would say he's more dangerous HOWEVER he needs to work around the Gantz sword whereas the statues could just break the damn thing.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

@9tails: Well it wasn't that special. Dinosaurs would have killed him if it wasn't for the Old man and Izumi coming to the rescue. And while not usually a weapon that torch thing he put together was in effect more powerful than any Gantz tech against the vamps, so there's that.

TBH he has only used his head once (against the vamps). Everything else has been derp I AM THE GREATEST I CANT DIE
    The Old Man dropped him and he had to kill the dinosaur himself. Izumi only wanted to grandstand and got beat with one blow by the brontosaurus. Also, Kurono was the one that found the weakness that dropped the Brontosaurus. He did all this without any real help. The old man drove him around a bit. Even assisted a little bit. But kurono killed both t-rexes, most of the velociraptors, and the main boss by himself without a suit. That wasn't luck, that was experience gained through surviving those early missions and his new reason to live. Kurono is the only reason the old man, Izumi, and those bystanders that started listening to him even survived.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a team effort to take the Brontosaurus and if the old man didn't show up with the bike Kurono would have died, but yeah he was pretty good. Suit doesn't really matter unless you get hit. Not too big a deal tbh.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

The suit makes u stronger faster more agile, not a big deal? I dont think so.

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast