Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 380 Discussion/381 Prediction Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 380 Discussion/381 Prediction Thread

@playderdude: It's regret for being such a dick to Kurono. He was recalling how awesome he was when he jumped off that bridge at age 8 onto the roof of a truck.

@elitebeatagents: link doesn't work. A chunk of it is missing where the ...'s are.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^wait what? ok i get that it's a possibility that he's feeling regret for being a bully, but how is Ryou recalling Kei jumping off a bridge? that's Kato's flashback.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

You sure? I thought that was Ryou chasing him.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    I would count the physical augmentation as separate from the defense the suit provides. So since he isn't breaking the suit directly Kei still has the strength aspect to block the attack.

As for how he stopped the ambush I'm imagining he shook them all off and sent them flying all over the place while he picked them off more or less one by one.

As for how he evaded all those H-gun shots, well the delay gives you enough time to move out of the way. If HS can do it Gonde can do it..

Oh, and I kind of just see this last fight as Kurono getting better at using the suit and putting more energy into it, or whatever. Guess he just wasn't able to put in 100% before.
    - What i'm saying is that Gonde is so strong that Kurono shouldn't have the strenght to block that attack, even if he is using a sword. I'm not saying the sword should break, i'm saying Kurono should be flying away from the impact against a guy that can crush a suit in an instant, wheter the pumping was activated or not, Gonde ruined a suit so quickly that he is above the Oni alien.

- Hikawa could dodge one shot that wasn't even aimed at him, Gonde was evading multiple shots all being targeted at him, one after another. Hikawa has the advantage that he is a small dude compared to a huge giant alien like Gonde, he should have more difficult evading a shot like that but he is so fast that it was easy for him.

- Even if the

- That "balloon" pumping was just for that page, why would he just active his new power just in that page and not in the other where he keeps fighting Gonde? I mantain my idea that it's not a new level never achieved by anyone else in the series, it's just an exagerated drawing of the pumping Kurono had while he was fighting the Oni or any other strong enemy.

Are you sure you're not ok with this fight? Cuz if we add the 100% power of suit thing you talk about then it makes sense Kurono is winning. If we talk about reasons why he achieved this level, it's the end of the world man...
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know GAT. I'm trying to say that pressure on the suits defenses requires less strength than actually knocking someone back.

TBH I'm kind of thinking the suit works similarly to Nuri now... when you can anticipate attacks you can bulk up to defend them much better than when you are surprised or not ready. Or whatever it may be.

I don't consider Kei's suit to be any better than it used to be or anything like that, just that he put absolutely everything into defending that one attack on that one page, and that it resulted in the suit looking kinda awesome for a second.

In terms of how I think the fight should go... I'm not concerned with Kei being able to dodge a few attacks or even deflect one or two of them... but I didn't expect him to ever gain the upper hand on his own. He should be being pushed back into a corner at the very, very least.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

The way I imagine the H-gun to work is that the 'circle' expands over the persons head for a second or two, and then rushes downward. Gonde's size doesn't matter too much as long as he gets the hell out of the way immediately.

He also had his own suit on... who knows if that augmented him in some way or what? They never really told us what the hell it does.
    Last edited by Damura; April 19, 2013 at 08:05 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

whether Kurono is using the 100% of the suit or if it's bs and he should be thrown back, i stopped trying to make sense of it after the escape chapter and every scene where Tae "miraculously" survives every deadly encounter aboard the ship.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Yeah that was amazing. I am stunned by how many times he was able to just completely blow me away with his mega bullshit.

GAT I'll just add that even though I am enjoying certainn panels the fight scene itself still makes zero sense. It has been drawn in such a way that you can't even follow what's going on. Just nonsense movement after nonsense movement.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I mean what the fuck is this page supposed to be? http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/379/4

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Reading through the translated crowd dialogue for the first time, I actually like it quite a bit.

"He's holding that sword all wrong, what a fucking joke!"

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

and wtf is this supposed to be!?!??! http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/380/9

Is he really moving THIS fucking fast? Piss off! http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/380/10

and thanks for the help you dicks! http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/380/12

I like this page though as an explanation for why he's suddenly so good http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/380/13 he comes across as a completely different person once he gets into that frame of mind.

Ok I changed my mind, I'm liking this fight now. Just wish it was drawn in such a way as to make a little bit more um, sense. I still have no explanation for how Kurono is significantly out-doing the Americans though lol. Magic.
    Last edited by Damura; April 20, 2013 at 12:07 AM.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Main character syndrome? Nah - Kei always gets the job done right? He' always been the one to one up the enemy.
    Here Oku is saying he's back to 'his younger' self - whatever that means.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Uzumakijl's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

In the next chapter Kei will be heavily beaten up and everybody around the world will raise their hands to give Kurono extra strength

~Proud lurker~

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Proofreaders 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member erik-the-red's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uzumakijl View Post
    In the next chapter Kei will be heavily beaten up and everybody around the world will raise their hands to give Kurono extra strength
    But according to Katou, Kei's better than Gokuu AND Kenshirou.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I'm trying to say that pressure on the suits defenses requires less strength than actually knocking someone back.

TBH I'm kind of thinking the suit works similarly to Nuri now... when you can anticipate attacks you can bulk up to defend them much better than when you are surprised or not ready. Or whatever it may be.
    Sure, the bulked suit allows you to defend better but i believe Gonde has the strenght to surpass that and send Kurono flying even if he is blocking his strikes with the gantz sword, can't believe someone like Kurono could stand against that massive strenght...well, i guess i'll stop arguing about this since we're not getting anywhere.

Quote Quote:
    I don't consider Kei's suit to be any better than it used to be or anything like that, just that he put absolutely everything into defending that one attack on that one page, and that it resulted in the suit looking kinda awesome for a second.
    I find hard to believe that he didn't put absolutely everything into punching the oni alien since the suit never looked so big that one time. He was fighting to revive Tae that one time, it's a similar situation, that's why i brought up other people facing the same situation, fighting for the people they love the most.

Quote Quote:
    Gonde's size doesn't matter too much as long as he gets the hell out of the way immediately.
    It does since he is a giant and thus more susceptible to receive damage than the vampire for example, he is simply a bigger target.

He also had his own suit on... who knows if that augmented him in some way or what? They never really told us what the hell it does.

Yes, we can't really say what were all the abilities of his suit but killing 11 experienced hunters, unscratched, could be enought proof to say that his speed were the same, for some reason Michael Fassbender said "HIS MOTION DEFIES ALL LOGIC!

Quote Quote:
    I like this page though as an explanation for why he's suddenly so good...he comes across as a completely different person once he gets into that frame of mind.
    Is Oku trying to say he didn't fought in that state of mind against the oni alien? Because that Kurono would have died against him if not for Sakata, Kaze and Izumi...now he is beating Gonde without receiving a single blow!

Nah, this is bull****...but nooo we have to like Kurono and cheer for him because the entire world including his daddy hates him and Ryô was a bad person to him...oh and he makes "cool" poses. Next thing we know aliens are gonna launch a nuclear bomb at him and he is gonna dodge it.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

guys, Kurono blocked only 1 atack, all others were evaded. That was top to bottom strike, something like that wouldnt send Kurono flying, come on ... We can see its pushing him back tho

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Is Oku trying to say he didn't fought in that state of mind against the oni alien? Because that Kurono would have died against him if not for Sakata, Kaze and Izumi...now he is beating Gonde without receiving a single blow!

Nah, this is bull****...but nooo we have to like Kurono and cheer for him because the entire world including his daddy hates him and Ryô was a bad person to him...oh and he makes "cool" poses. Next thing we know aliens are gonna launch a nuclear bomb at him and he is gonna dodge it.
    I would say yes. At least, he wasn't in this state of mind during the Italy mission or during Katastrophe as far as Katou has seen.

The fight against the Oni was still a little different. The Oni was blinded so his only move was to wait for people to get close to him before he strikes.. Come to think of it, why didn't they all get together and just snipe him after that?

Quote Quote:
    I find hard to believe that he didn't put absolutely everything into punching the oni alien since the suit never looked so big that one time. He was fighting to revive Tae that one time, it's a similar situation, that's why i brought up other people facing the same situation, fighting for the people they love the most.
    Different muscles lol. Since he was defending it all went into his back/shoulders instead of arms or legs or whatever. Haha I don't know.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Looking back at all the swordfights against the giants...

http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/375/16 + http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/375/17

http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/375/24 + http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/376/3

Seems as though they need to hit a suit a couple of times in order to break it.

http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/376/10 ~ Two stomps and then crazy grip strength http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/376/14

finally, http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/380/11

---

Also of interest, the aliens can smash up their own concrete with ease http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/380/12

I guess it does seem a little odd, but I stand by my explanation! No one has actually tried to all out stop an attack from a giant before, so whenever they've been hit they've more or less been caught off guard either trying to dodge or attack. I don't find it too unbelievable that he could stop at least one attack, though it doesn't look like he's capable of trading blows with Gonde for very long Puts tremendous pressure on the suit as it is.
    Last edited by Damura; April 21, 2013 at 07:33 PM.

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killy-.- View Post
    guys, Kurono blocked only 1 atack, all others were evaded. That was top to bottom strike, something like that wouldnt send Kurono flying, come on ... We can see its pushing him back tho
    It wasn't only one, that ガガガガッ comes out because Gonde is doing it over and over and the floor is coming out everytime he blocks the strikes.

http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/380/11

Not like flying but it should have thrown him away at least, but it looks like people have different point of views of the power gap between Gonde and Kurono...so i guess there is not point debating it again.

----

@Damura: Actually, those were 4 stomps, not to mention that guy had already the swords out...the bulk isn't there but damn Oku has omitted them many times before.

Dude, the entire body can pump, like you said, back/ shoulders were pumped because all the strenght went there, if he wanted to hit an alien with all his strenght then his arms should have pumped like popeye when he fought the Oni...oh forget about it i'm done with this...f**k strenght, dextery, skill or experience, according to Oku it's willpower what makes you kill aliens that can kill you with one hand, and it looks like Kurono is like Hal Jordan in this case.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm. Didn't realise he did it that many times.

I get what you're saying though. It's just too much to believe that Kei is winning here after everybody else failed. Both Kurono and Gonde are just inexplicably powerful.

What do the sound effects mean on this page by the way? http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/380/18
    Last edited by Damura; April 22, 2013 at 12:29 AM.

New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast