Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Is Urokai going to die here?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 71.43%
  • No

5 23.81%
  • Other (Zombification perhaps?)

1 4.76%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 277 Review

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 277 Review

Thanks for the review!

This week I bet you'd rate this chapter with a 3/5 but I didn't think you'd be so harsh. I agree there have been quite a few art issues, but most of them are related to Urokai's drawing. It seems authors have had serious problems to define the phisiology of this character. I feel the general tendency is going towards to a lack of detail when drawing in little scale and I'm afraid we'll have to get used to this. However, I liked pretty much the facial expressions and expresiveness of the characters, in this matter, they've got to transmit the emotions pretty well. For me the art has been on the average, so it has been ok. I don't want this to seem a justification, but I think some drop in art is generally due to authors being focused on another series as well and I take it into account.

On the plot side, I liked pretty much. Somehow, I think it was time to see Franky reaching his limit (without bieng consumend by DS). I've got the feeling someday we'll get to see him thoroughly consumed by DS(maybe in the last arc) and it'll be a guaranted spectacle. This fight is being pretty complete, altough I'd like to see more of the fight between Zarga and Rajak. One thing is for sure: we all agree that lady wv should survive.

My prediction: Rai won't be able to wipe out these elders in his current state, if he did, he'd die. Thus, when he'll be about to launch a blood field, he'll eventually be stopped by a third party, either Frankestein or another noble of Lukedonia (probably Karias) stepping in.

I give out 4/5

Quote Originally Posted by darkraoul View Post

EDIT : I predit a Lukedonia Arc #2 but without any fights beside flashback one with previous clans leaders when they betrayed Rai. In a future.
    This would be awesome, and is very likely to have such an arc in a near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post

But I like the development. Franky saves Siera a few chapters back. Now Siera saves him, Rajak saves her, and then... who else can save them? Rai, of course
    Completely agree. This development has surpassed my expectations. Authors are playing with the characters pretty well. For this and other things, I'm becoming an unconditional fan of Noblesse.
    Last edited by Mister K; March 26, 2013 at 04:42 PM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    I think this is more of your influence on me now Jammin, but ...

About the composition on the last page (http://www.mangapanda.com/noblesse/277/25), it seems like Zarga's reaction shot should come above Rai's reveal. It seemed out of order, and made me expect another page while reading it.

Meh, I guess I'm feeling all nit-picky now, haha.

---

But I like the development. Franky saves Siera a few chapters back. Now Siera saves him, Rajak saves her, and then... who else can save them? Rai, of course
    Wow, I'm impressed you noticed that.

That is indeed something that seemed a little out of the ordinary. I suspect Siriana's panel was intended to punctuate Raizel's appearance. Usually the "look of surprise" panels are grouped together so it is kind of unusual for one to be singled out and placed after his introduction panel like that. While I think grouping them together would have been better, I think what this chapter did worked well enough so I dismissed it as neither bad nor good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Thanks for the review!

This week I bet you'd rate this chapter with a 3/5 but I didn't think you'd be so harsh. I agree there have been quite a few art issues, but most of them are related to Urokai's drawing. It seems authors have had serious problems to define the phisiology of this character. I feel the general tendency is going towards to a lack of detail when drawing in little scale and I'm afraid we'll have to get used to this. However, I liked pretty much the facial expressions and expresiveness of the characters, in this matter, they've got to transmit the emotions pretty well. For me the art has been on the average, so it has been ok. I don't want this to seem a justification, but I think some drop in art is generally due to authors being focused on another series as well and I take it into account.

On the plot side, I liked pretty much. Somehow, I think it was time to see Franky reaching his limit (without bieng consumend by DS). I've got the feeling someday we'll get to see him thoroughly consumed by DS(maybe in the last arc) and it'll be a guaranted spectacle. This fight is being pretty complete, altough I'd like to see more of the fight between Zarga and Rajak. One thing is for sure: we all agree that lady wv should survive.

My prediction: Rai won't be able to wipe out these elders in his current state, if he did, he'd die. Thus, when he'll be about to launch a blood field, he'll eventually be stopped by a third party, either Frankestein or another noble of Lukedonia (probably Karias) stepping in.

I give out 4/5
    Yeah, I'm also extremely suspicious that the other series(aka Ability, which I am starting to like again) may have been responsible for the recent plunge in character art quality, and I'm not at all forgiving about that.

Noblesse was doing some of it's best combat work recently. Chapter 258 for example looked outstanding, in my opinion. And I think this combat arc in general looked pretty good overall until a few chapters ago. And last week it was largely because so much attention was being paid to drawing the Full Body Dark Spear in such a cool way so I kinda gave it a pass. I just don't feel like there is a good reason for me to excuse it this week. The chapter was even a pretty short one, so I'm a little puzzled that it looks the way it does.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 26, 2013 at 07:27 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Cyrus: Naa. Your criticism isn't even valid. That was nothing out of ordinary. Urokai and 5th were surprised by a new presence. They didn't saw anyone back then and hence Urokai didn't pissed his pants. After smoke cleared, that presence was Rai......that's the reason for Zarga's reaction. Obviously, that panel would come after smoke was cleared.

Noblesse Forever!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Urokai and Zarga are strong enough to face Raskreia. If that were the case Lukedonia would have been destroyed a long time ago since they seem to be the two weakest traitors. Urokai seems crazy enough to try Rai, especially since he has knowledge of him and his condition but Zarga looks terrified.

If Urokai and/ or Zarga are killed what do you guys think will happen to their soul weapons? Are their heirs still around? (Doubtful) Or will someone else be able to claim it? Maybe theyl disappear.

Once this fight is over I think a trip to Lukedonia is in order. Rai wil be better served resting in his shrine and everyone else needs to train and recover, Frankenstein included.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

@strixflash Don't get me wrong, I love Noblesse. Overall, I like the chapter, definitely. But since we were on the subject of reviewing the chapter... I expressed my thoughts on it. After all the manga/manhwa I've read, the placement in the last page seemed off, and it actually made me think there was supposed to be another page. (And actually, the smoke had cleared, since in the previous page we see it gone and we catch a glimpse of Rai's hair, along with reaction shots of Urokai and the 5th Elder.)

It's just my opinion obviously, so I'm not sure why that falls under "valid" or "invalid"... I feel the cliffhanger is Rai's appearance, not Zarga's reaction. That way the anticipation is built up until you scroll down, and- BAM! Rai's here! But again, it's nitpicking. If you don't agree, that's fine. Overall, I liked it. How the action shots were done, how the characters were developed, how the battle had more focus and didn't skip around as much as before, etc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Cyrus: You are the one who is not understanding. See the panels again~
    Spoiler show

Urokai responded with an "Eh?". The panel of Rai's hair was afterwards. Noblesse is read from left to right. Urokai and WW's reaction were there to show the reaction of a new arrival and Zarga's reaction was there to show that the new presence was Rai.

Authors could have given three panels with that surprising look like that of 5th and Urokai (they weren't scared as they didn't knew it was Rai at that moment----> I am not saying WW knows Rai or something) to Zarga as well. But then they would have to repeat the same two panels (excluding 5th as I don't know about her) with sweating looks. It wasn't any writing fall even if you are reviewing it or comparing with other works. It was correct.

Noblesse Forever!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    @Cyrus: You are the one who is not understanding. See the panels again~
    Spoiler show

Urokai responded with an "Eh?". The panel of Rai's hair was afterwards. Noblesse is read from left to right. Urokai and WW's reaction were there to show the reaction of a new arrival and Zarga's reaction was there to show that the new presence was Rai.

Authors could have given three panels with that surprising look like that of 5th and Urokai (they weren't scared as they didn't knew it was Rai at that moment----> I am not saying WW knows Rai or something) to Zarga as well. But then they would have to repeat the same two panels (excluding 5th as I don't know about her) with sweating looks. It wasn't any writing fall even if you are reviewing it or comparing with other works. It was correct.
    No, he wasn't misunderstanding. I believe you are.

All three of those panels signal surprise. In the first two the panels are surprise without recognition and the third is surprise combined with recognition. Normally in Noblesse the surprise and recognition panel flows into the big reveal. The way this chapter did it is a little out of the ordinary for this series. It's something that is completely valid to have an opinion on one way or the other. Though mine isn't particularly strong either way, it was just a creative choice.

It's a bit like the difference between....

"So it's you....Raizel!"

"Raizel...it's you!"

They are different way of saying the same thing. The former is using the panel building up some drama leading you into the big moment and the latter using the panel to punctuate the big moment(like an elaborate "!")
    Last edited by Jammin; March 27, 2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Rai made this chapter perfect by all means to me, although Id give 5 of 5, I find it really lacking in the art, specially knowing the authors capacities of doing amazing artwork.
    Well but as a HxH fanboy how could I complain about artwork anyway?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter overall.

Miss Werewolf might be the future addition to the Frankenstein team seeing how she didn't want Urokai to attack him. The only thing i'm wondering is if she knows there's been elders such as Crombel playing with her species heart, she probably doesn't and we still don't have a clue about her relation towards her kind but i would want her to meet M21 who's probably on his way, it would be very interesting and it would maybe make us learn some informations about ''werewolfs'' in general. I doubt this is a coincidence that she appeared now, the author is probably planning on introducing what happened to her kind.

I got a bit sad about Frankenstein, i wanted to see more but whatever, we've seen his limits and he doesn't seem that powerfull anymore. He is strong of course but we know that someone can at least battle against him without getting killed aka Miss Werewolf.

I'm also wondering if the top 4 of the Union are really that strong because so far, there's been too much loss in the Union side whereas Lukedonia lost no one. So i believe there might be a huge gap of difference between each elder's strenght.

Is Raizel going to die very soon? He didn't sleep that long and i believe fighting 3 elders who are strong enough to fight Frankenstein and aren't that exhausted won't lose that easily even against Raizel. I think Raizel might be able to kill one of them but not the 3 of them besides they already know Raizel is strong so they won't joke around.

Well this chapter was pretty good overall and at this point anything might happen.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

(Let's move on about the last page, please. It's not that big a deal )

---

I think (or would like to believe) that Rai is easily strong enough to obliterate all three of the Elders at the same time. But that we won't see that happen, since it's too dangerous for him to use so much power right now. And hopefully, it will remain too dangerous for him to do so... for the rest of the story. That way, the other characters have to step up to the plate.

I'd also *like to believe* that Frankenstein would've been able to take out the 3 Elders too, if he had ended up fully transforming. But if that happened, he'd be consumed by the Dark Spear completely. So hopefully this will also make the other characters have to step up more.

It's nice to see the main characters face challenges. Challenges where they don't lack strength compared to their opponents, but are limited in other ways. It's also been nice to see some other characters get involved, and I hope that continues.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2