Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All anyone wants to say about RAVE and Fairy Tail

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: All anyone wants to say about RAVE and Fairy Tail

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    Shuda had to be my favorite... he got the main villain turns into ally treatment and it was hilarious when Haru finds out that he and his sister got it on.
    Yeah, I laughed my ass off during that crystal scene. Shuda is the king.

I liked Shiba too. Liked how he was all but forgotten at some point, and then came back to beat some sense into Haru. That fight of theirs was amazing. Too bad Berial got one hit ko-d after that by pissed off Haru.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Yeah, I laughed my ass off during that crystal scene. Shuda is the king.

I liked Shiba too. Liked how he was all but forgotten at some point, and then came back to beat some sense into Haru. That fight of theirs was amazing. Too bad Berial got one hit ko-d after that by pissed off Haru.
    Yeah Berial getting one-shot was probably my least favorite moment in the whole series. Funniest moment for me was the way Julia finished off that Ice Lady at the end of the series.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I've watched Rave when I was in grade school, and it was one of the few anime that I really loved that time. I had read the first few chapters of it but I eventually stopped. I can't also compare if the anime did follow the manga, or not.

But I think in terms of character development and emotion with the story, Rave is much superior than Fairy Tail. I've read all of the Fairy Tail chapters, but each chapter didn't left much of a trace for me, unlike with the Rave anime, I still remember some of the heart-warming scenes of Elie and Haru. And also, the problem that I usually see in FT, is the battle scenes. Sometimes, the styles were seemed to be, redundant or repeating a certain cycle/pattern.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

But being "redundant or repeating a certain cycle/pattern" is still a flaw in all popular long-term manga that run longer than a year. Rave ain't an exceptional case, either. I really don't think it's something that makes Fairy Tail extraordinary bad...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    But being "redundant or repeating a certain cycle/pattern" is still a flaw in all popular long-term manga that run longer than a year. Rave ain't an exceptional case, either. I really don't think it's something that makes Fairy Tail extraordinary bad...
    FT actually makes it work. Just needs more differences in the way fights end.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Athrin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okaneman View Post
    Well I read FT because the author's the same as Rave's. And Rave was more darker, while FT is less. And nakama bullshit was lesser in Rave while in FT, almost every fights involved FT used that.
    I'm pretty sure Mashima made FT lighter on purpose. I remember reading somewhere that he didn't want as many characters dying as they did in Rave Master. Can't really blame him for wanting to take the manga in a different direction.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    I've watched Rave when I was in grade school, and it was one of the few anime that I really loved that time. I had read the first few chapters of it but I eventually stopped. I can't also compare if the anime did follow the manga, or not.

But I think in terms of character development and emotion with the story, Rave is much superior than Fairy Tail. I've read all of the Fairy Tail chapters, but each chapter didn't left much of a trace for me, unlike with the Rave anime, I still remember some of the heart-warming scenes of Elie and Haru. And also, the problem that I usually see in FT, is the battle scenes. Sometimes, the styles were seemed to be, redundant or repeating a certain cycle/pattern.
    I am sure you dont read naruto :P:P

visit me here

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2