Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Yukimura leave??

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Yukimura leave??

Quote Originally Posted by Yukikuranoske View Post
    Well, Yuki's personality is different from others. Kaidou & Oni has the same type of personality. Tezuka & Kazuya also shares same type of personality. Same goes for Marui & Kintarou, Sanada & Shisido Ryo.
    That makes Yukimura have a unique personality. Not necessary the most attractive. It could overlapped, but doesn't meat it have to.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    That makes Yukimura have a unique personality. Not necessary the most attractive. It could overlapped, but doesn't meat it have to.
    A unique personality is more attractive than a common personality.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mighty Wings's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right. With this logic, even Horio is more attractive than Kaidou, Oni, Tezuka, Kazuya bla bla bla

Just kidding. To say unique personality, I found Atobe, Fuji, Akutsu or even Kabaji is quite unique too, not only Yukimura. (And Yuki's surely not the most attractive one to me too, hee~)
    Wanna try this?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really. It's more interesting, don't have to be more attractive.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Wings View Post
    You're right. With this logic, even Horio is more attractive than Kaidou, Oni, Tezuka, Kazuya bla bla bla

Just kidding. To say unique personality, I found Atobe, Fuji, Akutsu or even Kabaji is quite unique too, not only Yukimura. (And Yuki's surely not the most attractive one to me too, hee~)
    Well, Yuki has skills as well as personality. Atobe, Fuji, Akutsu or even Kabaji are nowhere near him in terms of skills. Tezuka, Ryoma & Probably some HSers can match Yuki's level. Or Yuki's level when he is NOT 100%. While Tezuka is boring, Ryoma is cocky & HSers persona is not appealing except for Ryoga.
    However I respect your opinion.
    Last edited by Philia; March 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Sanada had the most interesting personality. He was bold, confident, and serious off the court, and when he got on the court he became a sadist with Ka. Then, on top of that, he gets all friendly with Echizen. I think that is pretty unique. Yukimura is pretty one-note. He is the same at all times. He's basically just a smiling Tezuka.

Fuu = "Hmph..."
    Rin = *Sigh*
    Ka = "Fufufu..."
    In = *Smirk*
    Zan = "Hm!"
    Rai = "HAAAAaaaaa!!"

The many emotions of Sanada.
    Last edited by Fayte; March 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I thought Sanada had the most interesting personality. He was bold, confident, and serious off the court, and when he got on the court he became a sadist with Ka. Then, on top of that, he gets all friendly with Echizen. I think that is pretty unique. Yukimura is pretty one-note. He is the same at all times. He's basically just a smiling Tezuka.

Fuu = "Hmph..."
    Rin = *Sigh*
    Ka = "Fufufu..."
    In = *Smirk*
    Zan = "Hm!"
    Rai = "HAAAAaaaaa!!"

The many emotions of Sanada.
    I think Sanada is all the same everywhere. Rude, Serious, Hardworking & Strict. While Yuki's mood changes. He is smiling & easygoing outside court. Serious & Determined inside court.
    It seems we all are promoting our fav character as the most interesting one.

Off the topic, I haven't seen Ibu Shinji for a long time. His numb is a bit like Yips. He & Seiichi can make a interesting doubles pair, I guess. IS he even in the camp? Is he on Black jersey or White? Will he ever play again?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Off the topic, I haven't seen Ibu Shinji for a long time. His numb is a bit like Yips. He & Seiichi can make a interesting doubles pair, I guess. IS he even in the camp? Is he on Black jersey or White? Will he ever play again?
    He is in the camp. He's part of black jersey.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanada is obviously a guy who does everything by the rules. If you break the rules he'll slap you. I think the source books says he even slapped Yukimura before (for being late to a practice). When he broke his own rules (by losing to Ryoma) he told people to not hold back slapping him, so just because his rules are rather extreme doesn't mean he's a bad guy. On the tennis court he's going to mercilessly crush you, but he's not one of those 'win by KO' guy. With his power and skill he surely can hit the ball in people's face but he doesn't do that. He might have a bit of an ego, but he was originally supposed to be the best player (he was introduced as the best player in Japan in the game against Ryoma), so he has reason to be proud.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Sanada is obviously a guy who does everything by the rules. If you break the rules he'll slap you. I think the source books says he even slapped Yukimura before (for being late to a practice). When he broke his own rules (by losing to Ryoma) he told people to not hold back slapping him, so just because his rules are rather extreme doesn't mean he's a bad guy. On the tennis court he's going to mercilessly crush you, but he's not one of those 'win by KO' guy. With his power and skill he surely can hit the ball in people's face but he doesn't do that. He might have a bit of an ego, but he was originally supposed to be the best player (he was introduced as the best player in Japan in the game against Ryoma), so he has reason to be proud.
    Nobody said Sanada is bad.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: Will Yukimura leave??

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Sanada is obviously a guy who does everything by the rules. If you break the rules he'll slap you. I think the source books says he even slapped Yukimura before (for being late to a practice).
    Sanada's slapping I believe began because Yuki was stuck in hospital and he had to enforce his own law on the whole of the massive Rikkai Club as he was running the place by himself without sharing the duty like he usually did with Yuki.
    So this couldn't have happened. Unless you have a link to prove this.

If you remember Sanada was actually gonna let Yanagi off, but Yanagi instead went to Sanada and asked for a slap.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Sanada's slapping I believe began because Yuki was stuck in hospital and he had to enforce his own law on the whole of the massive Rikkai Club as he was running the place by himself without sharing the duty like he usually did with Yuki.

If you remember Sanada was actually gonna let Yanagi off, but Yanagi instead went to Sanada and asked for a slap.
    Pretty sure Sanada slapping Yukimura was in one of those 4 box strip side panels but the reason given there was that Yukimura was late to a tennis practice, and there's nothing particularly out of character for Sanada to do that. He's obviously a very strict man and just because Yukimura is a close friend doesn't mean he goes easy on him. In the U17 game Sanada says he won't go easy on Yukimura and Yukimura says Sanada never goes easy on anyone to begin with. This event is probably not canon but all such 4 box strips are clearly meant to be events that could've happened.

The only new rule they have after Yukimura was in hospital was that you can't lose a game, but even that had some leeway. When Yanagi lost, Sanada said that wasn't an unwinnable game, so he obviously does consider the difficulty of the opponent. He let Kirihara go presumably because Fuji at that time outclassed Kirihara so he's not going to slap someone who was just thorougly outmatched. He slapped Jackal for simply breaking the rules in the Kirihara versus Ryoma game, as Jackal is presumably expected to break up a fight like that instead of just watching it unfold.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    The Another Story OVA depicted Sanada being the same even when Yukimura was there. It showed how they led Rikkaidai together. Yukimura is the good cop, Sanada is the bad cop. Yukimura just lets Sanada run the show when it comes to certain things. Yukimura did command drills though. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Sanada slapping people before Yukimura was ill.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    The Another Story OVA depicted Sanada being the same even when Yukimura was there. It showed how they led Rikkaidai together. Yukimura is the good cop, Sanada is the bad cop. Yukimura just lets Sanada run the show when it comes to certain things. Yukimura did command drills though. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Sanada slapping people before Yukimura was ill.
    Yeah, I think the same, Sanada represents the strong and "bad" things in a captain;it's highly probable that he hit everyone before Yukimura's disease. But again, as Airgrimes said, I don't really think that Sanada ever slapped Yukimura ( I dunno exactly why. In my case, I always thought that he respected Yuki too much -like every other PoT character except Kintaro-... as if he was scared of getting his ass Yipped or something ) so a prove would be great.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there's this

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/princ...is/c365/6.html

Which is after Yukimura recovery. It might hint that Sanada could be hitting people anyways. It shows his strict personality.

New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast