Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week Magi's chapter?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Good

3 25.00%
  • Excellent

7 58.33%
  • Top 10 in Magiiiii

2 16.67%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Magi 179 Discussion/180 Predictions

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 179 Discussions/180 Predictions

Woooooh yeah, his true colors has been shown eh?
    I really love the way Ohtaka draws creepy and scary faces o_O... And those pages are EPIC!

Not quite surprised to see Mjabberwockmett to be that twisted and fall into depravity. Poor guy, yet he was able to save Titus from changing his rukh. But wait, he hasn't cursed his fate right? How come his rukh became black?

And That's a lot of dark djinns! I wonder how will Aladdin and Alibaba will fight to them.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

So when Aladin only saw white rukh the first time he met the councelor was because he is a magician I suppose.
    Also I don't think he worked alone on this secret project and I expect to see some Althamen spies involved there.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

How did Mogamett get the nickname mjabberwockmett and when?
    I feel bad for him and a bit angry at how he just a punched a little girl and told a whole bunch of people they were 'filthy maggots' or something like that. Very powerful to show his younger self compared to now..

Edit: for some reason this forum changes mogamett's name to mjabberwockmett
    Are the mods playing tricks on us?
    Last edited by Kalyra; April 01, 2013 at 03:10 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Beelzebub main character name is a bit to generic and it has strange side effect on Magi forums :-)

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay at first I thought the girl was Marga!! Poor little girl being punched like that...

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    Woooooh yeah, his true colors has been shown eh?
    I really love the way Ohtaka draws creepy and scary faces o_O... And those pages are EPIC!

Not quite surprised to see Mjabberwockmett to be that twisted and fall into depravity. Poor guy, yet he was able to save Titus from changing his rukh. But wait, he hasn't cursed his fate right? How come his rukh became black?

And That's a lot of dark djinns! I wonder how will Aladdin and Alibaba will fight to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    So when Aladin only saw white rukh the first time he met the councelor was because he is a magician I suppose.
    Also I don't think he worked alone on this secret project and I expect to see some Althamen spies involved there.
    Well don't get too spoiled by the anime alpha... just because someone doesn't say "I curse my own fate" doesn't mean he's not doing it

I believe he did curse his own fate and it was actually well-portrayed. Take a closer look, he thinks about the past and is under the impression that magicians have always been used by the Goi. Even now, after establishing his dreams of a new magician country, he sees everything falling apart because of the Reim and Kou Empire. He's not just cursing his own fate but the fate of all the magicians because his hopes of establishing a country where magicians don't have to serve anyone have just been crushed in his opinion.
    "Why can't magicians escape the fate of getting trampled on by the Goi?". That probably are his thoughts at the moment, now mix it with the anger and sadness of loosing so much of his comrades and you can easily understand why he snapped and fell into depravity.

So yeah, I believe Mogamett's Rukh being white had nothing to do with him being a magician but more with the fact that he had his firm believes and thought that he finally changed the magicans fate for the good. You can question his methods but he didn't do it out of evil intend nor did he curse his fate. Now that his dreams were crushed though, he lost all faith in being able to change fate for good and fell into depravity =/

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member aegon-rokudo's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyra View Post
    How did Mogamett get the nickname mjabberwockmett and when?
    I feel bad for him and a bit angry at how he just a punched a little girl and told a whole bunch of people they were 'filthy maggots' or something like that. Very powerful to show his younger self compared to now..

Edit: for some reason this forum changes mogamett's name to mjabberwockmett
    Are the mods playing tricks on us?
    Damn april's fool day

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, Mogamett definitely snapped. XD
    Seriously, Aladdin needs to talk with him again, because if he won't I think that those Black Djinns will do something bad, but very bad, to the world. LOL
    Anyway Ohtaka-san sure knows how to draw angry faces.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member El Maco's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what happens when you keep living in the past. Betrayed by his own fixation. I thought it was a nice panel showing the young and the old version saying opposite things.

Nice touch to the story that Sheherazade only has a few hours left to live, otherwise I could see her and Aladdin work together to defeat Mogamett and then turn a united face to the Kou empire to bluff their way out. Maybe as her last act she'll teach Aladdin a new power trick. Didn't his staff get broken?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what will Titus do... Will he return to the Academy and made some talk-no-jutsu or fight with MJabberwockmett, or welcome the Kou Empire, I can't believe no one has ever noticed his presence in this chapter . And if they're going to engage in a fight, the problem that Aladdin needs to face is where to get or fix his staff. Otherwise he would borrow Scherry's heavy-looking staff

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I somewhat believe he will get Cherrys staff.

I doubt Titus will get out of this alive btw.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Shadowriver's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    I wonder what will Titus do... Will he return to the Academy and made some talk-no-jutsu or fight with MJabberwockmett, or welcome the Kou Empire, I can't believe no one has ever noticed his presence in this chapter . And if they're going to engage in a fight, the problem that Aladdin needs to face is where to get or fix his staff. Otherwise he would borrow Scherry's heavy-looking staff
    Whatever he do it won't much matter when those black djinn will say hi on surface ;p I guess this going to one scenerio (or else something unpredictible will happen, like Djinns not going berserk and actully protect Magnostadt), Black Djinns vs. Reim + Kou + Magnostadt (if they survive initial attack lol), as everything else at that point won't matter and after defeting Djinns (or whatever they gonna do), they booty of this battle Magnostadt will most likely be in ruins making whole battle pointless (Reim and Kou can draw border on middle of Magnostadt). Poor MJabberwockmett (), in madness he have no idea what he is going.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

So black djinns have been released and are on the rampage against Kou. At least we should get the opportunity to see some of Kou in action. I'm hopeful that Alibaba shows us something and Aladdin finds a replacement for his staff soon

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2