Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: The best part of the chap was ....?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • The introduction of the contestants

9 4.74%
  • Luffy - The Gladiator

50 26.32%
  • Cavendish's entrance

7 3.68%
  • Rebecca's entrance

31 16.32%
  • The identity of Mr. Store

69 36.32%
  • Bellamy being alive

20 10.53%
  • Other

4 2.11%
New Reply
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 704 Discussion/ 705 Prediction

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 704 Discussion/ 705 Prediction

This is rather off-topic, especially considering that there is a thread for this kind of discussion, but since it has been broached:

There are three things that are essential for a character to be considered or have a chance to be a nakama:
    Luffy´s interest in the character, noteworthy interaction with either Luffy or the entire crew and an importance in the arc. Everything else, including his/her dream, the role on the ship and so forth can be and are introduced later on. There are many characters that fill two of these requirements but still did not become nakama while there is only one that filled all of them but did not join, and that´s Vivi.
    This is also why i don´t consider Kinemon having a good chance for example because while he certainly has very funny and interesting interactions with the SHs and certainly an important role not only in one arc but in this entire saga, Luffy essentially does not care that much about him, at least not for "whole Kinemon".

Back to Rebecca, it is pretty much obvious that she will play a crucial part in this arc, no matter if she is the winner in her block or not. Her connection with Luffy, one of the biggest mysteries of this arc, namely Kryos, and both of Luffy´s aims, namely Doflamingo and Ace´s fruit, are already established. I think that´s the reason why people started to drop Rebecca´s name in the same sentence as "new nakama", though it should be clear that everything regarding her fate is way too premature right now.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member s2k03's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Why would he do that? Does he suffer under kleptomania, stealing random stuff, even some nearly worthless stuff?

I'm sure he got far better stuff to do than steal from his citizens, I assume he would rather see them be happy, despite all cruelties he inflicts on nearly everybody else.^^
    The reason he did that was to get the strawhats separated and mess up their plan, Stealing zorro's sword isnt something small i believe hah.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    The reason he did that was to get the strawhats separated and mess up their plan, Stealing zorro's sword isnt something small i believe hah.
    The faires steal from "everybody" or are rather a constant in Dressrosa, your explanation could be possible, but there is still no evidence given to suggest it more likely than them being some kind of real being, even if not real supernatural fairies.
    Last edited by Schabrak; April 08, 2013 at 10:50 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi everybody, first time posting so don't be too hard on me :P

I have an issue with all of you Do you really read ALL the phrases?? When the blind old man leaves the bar, he gives something to the bartender and says : " Send the invoice for all the damages rendered to this adress". Since Smokey told Akainu to detach the admirals and then then says he'll send Fujitora, I do really think that this old blind guy is the new admiral (he's here for less than two years).
    The bartender seems to be astonished when he sees the adress (IMO it's the Marine HQ) and says "Could you be..." and then the old man tells Luffy what you know (better for our sakes not to tell you how I am) how could this not proove he's an admiral???? Well I don't know :P
    I may be wrong, but I don't see who this man can be otherwise (look well at this page).

Speaking about Luffy's strenght, you all seem to forgot that the Pirates King's FIRST MATE did train him. And you all know that two years before that moment he was already really strong !! Don't you think that Luffy is ALREADY stronger than Kaidou, Big Mom or even BB? (espacially when Law says that Kaidou is the strongest creature known, do you really think Luffy will let it be?). I just think that the world will witness the Mugi's strenght (Zoro was trained by the STRONGEST SWORDMEN, may I remind you), and all of the Pirates will be blown by them.
    And just a little thing : Moria did fight equally against Kaidou. Didn't Luffy beated him TWO YEARS AGO? Trust me, the Yonkous will be blown away.

Luffy was trained by :
    -his grandpa (a very strong one)
    -his two brother (isn't Ace a strong one??)
    -Rayleigh (well...)
    And he also gained a lot of skills during these two years. How could he be able to defeat two Shishibukai two years ago, and now not being capable of taking down an Emperor?
    I think when Luffy will be at his maximum is when he'll send a fist of his gear 3 with the first of his attack against Hodi. Then he'll destroy BB + an Island.

For the New Nakamas, I've got an idea.
    Luffy said he wanted a crew to pass Grand Line. But he never spoke about the New World. I do think that now, a lot of NN will join : Rebecca (I trust you guys :P), Kinemon & Momonosuke and maybe Kinemon's friend (since we can see Kinemon having the same reactions than Sanji & Brook when it's about tits).
    I do expect that the Mugis will be a lot more in just one or two years.
    Look : we know now that the Yonkou have big armies under their command (I don't think Shanks got that but we never know), sometimes entire Fleets. I don't see Luffy being far from his Nakamas, so he'll have to make his crew bigger (so mooooore boobs and big guys ).

Furthermore, to answer somebody who said that Luffy vs BB will be the end, I disagree.
    I think that after that fight, Luffy will become the Pirate King and make another tour around the world, to see everybody (he promised to come back to a lot of people, I really think there will be an arc for this) and even Laboon.
    Then, he would have understood the all thing around the World Government and the Tenruubito. After that he'll destroy Fishman Island (or maybe before, dunno) and then, the Mugi and all their allies at this moment (so : the revolutionnaries and Luffy's dad, all his crew, Law, maybe the Supernovas, Weakoshi and I'm sure more) will go to Marijoa and destroy everything. And then it'll be the end I think ^^

Sproumfch

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

We simply don't know who is the blind man by now. There are hints and also 'doubtful' points about the possible fact that he is Fujitora. Miya gave the best explanation I could read about it:

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    This is the situation right now (i don´t think Oda did a mistake in making it clear but i have read several posts where people showed signs of not understanding it). Smoker said that he will keep his promise which was to leave DD and Law out of his report. Furthermore, Aokiji advised him to warn Akainu about DD and his potential as an underworld broker. Smoker reports to him, thus Akainu dispatches Fujitora (this part is not clear yet, namely whether he was dispatched before or after DD resigned and the alliances of the Supernovas were "announced"). Next day, DD resigns after many years without giving any notice or reason, there are two alliances of the strongest Supernova besides Drake and the WG/Marines do not know what the **** is going on. At the conference in Marineford, Brannew pretty much panics about this development because besides the fact that they have lost one of the biggest assets in DD and possibly even Law, they don´t know jack ****. To that, Akainu says "let´s wait one more day, i have already sent Fujitora" which means the latter is primarily dispatched for gathering information. Of course you can say "why the hell does he need an admiral to do that? He could send a VA or Cipher Pol agents", i would say because he needs someone who should be able to dispose of all of them (in Akainu´s mind) when necessary. Right now, Fujitora/Zatoichi is still within that day, thus he is assessing the situation.
    I would say that gathering information at the biggest event on the island is not a bad plan.
    But this doesn't explain some aspects of his behaviour:

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Let's suppose the blind man is Fujitora. Then he would go to Dressrosa because Smoker informed him that Law said he was trying to go to Green Bit. Then why once he founds Luffy, he goes to the colliseum? Shouldn't he go to Green Bit? I mean, if he is seeking for Law, why not to keep tracking the clue Smoker gave him about Green Bit? What a extrange way to keep tracking a clue.

The logical action would be to follow Luffy in secret, and to wait his future meeting with Law. Not to go to see a tourney. It seems he's more interested in Dressrosa events than in Luffy and his business.
    In other worlds, it's possible to wait one day following one of the two main pirates he should have to stop, dont you think so?

We also ignore if he the former kind of Dressrosa or, as Kaiten has pointed, if he is Kyros. But those alternatives seem to me attractive, maybe because the former king of Dressrosa should have to be someone... someone we ignore yet. And there are so many things about Dressrosa related to him that we ignore (fairys, toys, people forgetting things, a long tradition of gladiators tourney...) Wiht the chapters we will be filling the holes about all of it. ... But no matter what, based on the possibilities and the theories the arc allows, it's a pretty great arc. We all are waiting for more....

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

But now we are in the middle of a tourney and the blind man will have to wait. I've been searching for my 12 years old me... deep inside of me... to be able to enjoy this tourney... very deep inside of me...

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

My old me is Law alike, cursing because Luffy doesn't concentrate on the plan...
    Last edited by ukimix; April 08, 2013 at 12:50 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner garcon's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi people,

correct if I'm wrong or forgive me if you already talked aout it but :

this tournament is made of "fights to the death" right ?

do you think it's true death to show a ruthless world (the new world or whatever) or is it only One piece typical death (you know the kind of death from wich you wake up with a headache) ?

or is it possible that the need of killing your opponent will be what stops the tournament ?
    > Luffy wins but won't kill his opponent
    "hey buddy you are out of the game"
    "yeah ? well gues what ? mera mera fruit is out of the prize"

> or Rebecca loses to Burgess who try to kill her but Luffy intervene.
    things got fucked up

then it becomes a run for who will find the mera mera fruit the first (it will be zorro with his little fairy)
    an all out battle start between Dofla's crew and everyone else
    dofla comes for Luffy but is hold back by Rebecca so that Luffy can find mera mera but he will have to turn back because Dofla is a strong sadistic bastard and Rebecca won't likely won against him.

well I'm getting sidetracked (this is the correct word right ?) but you got my point so ? Am I totally wrong (I think I am but still) ?

On the new nakama topic (gotta love all these assumptions, I'm still waiting for Monet, Boney and Goth chick from thriller bark to join tough...) :

You people convince me it was possible (well, nothing to be proud about) :

-on the hair color, if she joined that would make two red-heads (assuming she is one like red Sonja girl), don't know why but seems weird so I will go for blonde or littraly red hair.

-she has a sword (not a katana) and a shield, different way of fighting, one never really seen I think

-someone talk about the skill set : we know nothing about her but :
    .she could be a huntress (bow and net (since she is a gladiator and if she is red sonja then she is skilled with all weapon)), not like strawhat ever need someone to catch food but maybe she could catch quality one.
    .if she is red sonja, someone said she is a character who can create weapon, why not help Zorro create his own katana, the best bloodthirsty katana in the world ? (Usopp can't do that)
    .hell she could just do professional sunbathing I wouldn't even care.

anyway in the end we will all be disapointed so until then,

have a good day.
    My comic White Hell who will be published by Watch comics

and if you like video games, introduce yourself to CIBO

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    So in short: What could a character, who's been shown on five pages max, provide to be a worthwhile crew member?

To be honest, instead of wasting your time to summarize the mugiwaras, since all we have read this manga for 700 chapters ourself now, you could have created a couple ideas about Rebecca herself. ^^

I guess we can ask some questions: Does she have to contrast with the females only or the whole crew? Brook is totally unserious the whole time, while Jinbe is strictly, so she might be in between? Will she like mechs and robots? What could her dream be, if and when Doflamingo is taken down? Rebecca aside, I wonder if Oda had the idea of a revolutionary joining the crew, even if temporary, this could provide many information without ending a RA arc[I want it anyway.] edit: Well I'm sure Robin will provide some info when the time comes.
    That's a good summation. But yes, i know she's had a short appearance, but it doesn't discredit what I said. Unless Rebecca in the future shows that she's worthy to be a Strawhat, I don't think she'll join the crew.

Though if she does, I hope she doesn't get mera mera no mi.

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Spoiler show

Do you really think that Luffy think in all of that when he invites someone to join?
    I'm not talking about Luffy, I'm talking about what Oda establishes the character as. He has people who'd be a good or great addition to Strawhats join the crew, like Chopper or Brook. Luffy usually asks characters that interest him to join, whether it's Sanji as cook, Brook for his humor, or Nami as a navigator.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'm not talking about Luffy, I'm talking about what Oda establishes the character as. He has people who'd be a good or great addition to Strawhats join the crew, like Chopper or Brook. Luffy usually asks characters that interest him to join, whether it's Sanji as cook, Brook for his humor, or Nami as a navigator.
    Yes, I know. My post was missing your point. Later I was telling you that you should wait a bit longer to know better Rebecca. It's too soon for your conclusions.

Btw, SH doesn't have a powerful logia user. But I'm not a fan of the next nakama discussion. To me it's ok is she eats the fruit and stays in Dressrosa as a good friend of Luffy.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, it's too soon for me to judge anything about her. I was just putting it out there though. *shrugs*

Does Strawhat really need a powerful logia user? The New World will likely have numerous haki user, so logia would kinda be useless. I'm just hoping that for a new devil fruit user, we have one non-devil fruit user join.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Only thing I feel is that a flame-warrior-woman would be an extraordinary design for a character!!!

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

At first I didn't like this corrida and Colosseum thing, but now I'm accepting it,as it has turned out to be a tournament. I loved when in DRAGON BALL the warriors fought at the TENKAICHI, and in naruto the chunin exam was very cool too. finally op shows one too! I just hope it will be a great one,as it will last a bit and the story won't unluckily advance much during this period.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    At first I didn't like this corrida and Colosseum thing, but now I'm accepting it,as it has turned out to be a tournament. I loved when in DRAGON BALL the warriors fought at the TENKAICHI, and in naruto the chunin exam was very cool too. finally op shows one too! I just hope it will be a great one,as it will last a bit and the story won't unluckily advance much during this period.
    Search for you inner 12 years old matti inside of you. He will like the tourney. :-)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Robin was the last woman to join the Strawhats. If size matters than why is it Franky and Brook are the two newest Strawhats? And why didn't Monet join the crew? Only time will tell whether Rebecca joins the crew, or not. She was only just introduced. Bust size probably is not the most accurate point of prediction.

You misunderstood my point, I don't have anything to say about whether Rebecca joins or not, I answered to Razh about the evolution of curves in OP. Anyway, it's too early to tell who that blind swordsman really is and about the next sh. My next interest is how Luffy fights Burgess and whether Diamante is a df user, if he is then is the model of his df ruby? Well, it's red and it has crystal structure similar to what he represents.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When I think about it, perhaps this is a good test for Luffy. If he can defeat someone as powerful as Burgess, then that means he's probably ready to have a Logia join his crew. Of course, considering who the main antagonist of this arc is, that would imply that Doflamingo is stronger than Burgess.

New Reply
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast