Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: The best part of the chap was ....?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • The introduction of the contestants

9 4.74%
  • Luffy - The Gladiator

50 26.32%
  • Cavendish's entrance

7 3.68%
  • Rebecca's entrance

31 16.32%
  • The identity of Mr. Store

69 36.32%
  • Bellamy being alive

20 10.53%
  • Other

4 2.11%
New Reply
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 704 Discussion/ 705 Prediction

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 704 Discussion/ 705 Prediction

Well Strawhats were on the island less than a few hours before they found out about mera mera. I don't think Mingo can keep it secret from anyone at this point. I gotta say, if all those people know about it, and marines have no clue, they have a shitty intelligence (as in spies, to avoid confusion). Then there's a possibility that Fujitora reported it himself. Or maybe there are some journalists who spread the news. I'm not talking about anything impossible here. Mera mera as a prize is a pretty big news, especially when you add in the previous owner and what his capture caused 2 years ago.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vizard5 View Post
    isn't the admiral there to deal with the strawhats and law?
    Exact objectives of his mission were never given. I think capturing Luffy and Law is a part of it, yes. But it's not that easy since we have one marine admiral on an island controled completely by Doflamingo, who turned out to be a traitor to WG. I think losing Dressrosa would be a pretty big deal, considering WG and marines are trying to conquer NW more actively now.
    Last edited by Razh; April 09, 2013 at 01:20 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Exact objectives of his mission were never given. I think capturing Luffy and Law is a part of it, yes. But it's not that easy since we have one marine admiral on an island controled completely by Doflamingo, who turned out to be a traitor to WG. I think losing Dressrosa would be a pretty big deal, considering WG and marines are trying to conquer NW more actively now.
    Fujitora's objective has been stated unambiguously: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/158793/...y_mangarule/14

"We won't let Law and Strawhat do as they please...!! Yesterday we received an annoying report from G-5's Smoker...!! We'll consider the situation for one more day... I've already sent Fujitora. !!?"

Fujitora's objective is clearly to stop Luffy and Law. Fujitora has been sent out in advance for that purpose, while Marine HQ takes the day to fully assess the situation.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we know anything about Fujitora? Is he well known? Do only very few know who he is? He could be relatively unknown, hence being able to get by easily, or he's just that good at disguises. I don't think the blind man should be discounted, especially if he's very powerful.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think his objectives are rather "wait for a day and collect information" rather than outright attack Law and Luffy.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Vizard5's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

cnet128 transelation: Sakazuki: I won't allow Law or Straw Hat to make any funny moves...!! / I received word from Smoker of G-5 just yesterday on that very subject...!! // Just give it one more day... / I've put Fujitora on the case.

To me it seem more like he is saying that the matter will be dealt with in one day, because Fujitora is on the case.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finale's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After seeing the way he acts Cavendish would make the perfect Shichibukai. He has fame and an undying hatred of the supernovas. Only thing left is to see how powerful he is. Rebecca is interesting in her own way especially since only her and Luffy seem to care about Kyros's statue. I wonder if Zoro is going to meet a hot chick too since the other members of the monster seem to have. Then in the new nakama section we can argue which of their ladies is going to join.

A long term prediction is that Momo will fight the little girl from Doflamingo's crew and get his butt handed to him.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Fujitora's objective has been stated unambiguously: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/158793/...y_mangarule/14

"We won't let Law and Strawhat do as they please...!! Yesterday we received an annoying report from G-5's Smoker...!! We'll consider the situation for one more day... I've already sent Fujitora. !!?"

Fujitora's objective is clearly to stop Luffy and Law. Fujitora has been sent out in advance for that purpose, while Marine HQ takes the day to fully assess the situation.
    Point being? I already said stopping Luffy and Law is a part of it.

Don't take that sentence so literary. "We" in that line doesn't have to mean Akainu and the guys, it can mean marines as a whole. Certainly someone who has become an admiral has enough authority to decide on things on his own. Akainu obviously trusts Fujitora enough to send him alone and let him deal with the situation. And it's naive to think Akainu would send Fujitora only to capture Luffy and Law on an island which is goverened by a former Shichibukai, who Smoker uncovered as a traitor to WG. I feel like I'm repeating myself.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im liking this arc. i think group B will be cavendish displaying his power and winning. group c will be luffy vs the flower brothers and funk brothers. group d will be rebecca vs the the moustache dude and she will lose.

It seems to me that rebecca is known for always losing since she is so weak. I think luffy will give her the mera mera fruit to make her strong.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    It seems to me that rebecca is known for always losing since she is so weak. I think luffy will give her the mera mera fruit to make her strong.
    If she was known for always losing, they wouldn't call her "undefeated woman".

It's strange that they say that Spartan guy bullied her, since Luffy just planted his face in the ground like he was nothing. Then again, maybe the difference between her and Luffy is that big.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"Bounty hunters turned government terrorists. Abdullah and Jeet"
    lol didnt notice that before

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maravish View Post
    "Bounty hunters turned government terrorists. Abdullah and Jeet"
    lol didnt notice that before
    For more information:
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Many of the newly introduced characters are inspired by wrestlers. The Funk brothers for example and also Abdullah, who is modeled after Abdullah The Butcher with the scar on the forehead and Jeet who is modeled after Tiger Jeet Singh. Both have wrestled in Japan at one point which is why Oda probably knows those name. I highly doubt Oda knows that Abdullah is a typical Arabic name.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

So Oda takes an inspiration from everywhere..... i remember someone mentioning whitebeard being inspired by hulk hogan, not sure if that is actually the case.

Anyways, we will have only 4 winners from every group. We know Lucy and Jesus Burgess are agoing to be the two. Cavendish will lose i think so if we count rebecca as one from the other group, it looks like we still have room for one more contestant, who is yet to be revealed.

I would guess that person would be from the whitebeard pirates. It will add more spice to an already interesting lineup.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's strange that they say that Spartan guy bullied her, since Luffy just planted his face in the ground like he was nothing. Then again, maybe the difference between her and Luffy is that big.
    Bully could just refer to him being a dick to her. Doesn't mean he was physically beating her or anything. As you saw they threatened to toss Luffy out for doing so.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

this needs to be clarified as it can imply they were just mocking her. hopefully this chapter we can see her in action

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

First time venturing to this area of MH

Never could think of much to say about One Piece...other than praise.

I predict we'll move to Law and gang now, for 705.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 LastLast