Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Naruto 625 Review.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto 625 Review.

Finally the new chapter of Naruto is up, if you havent read my Review for last week please read it here http://game8review.blogspot.com/2013...24-review.html
    This chapter continues the love story of Madara and Hashirama and starts exactly from the offer made last week, one of the weakest cliffhangers to come out of Naruto since we know the Senju brothers become the future hokages and Madara's offer is pure crap.

I do like what Tobirama said though.

For making this offer, does Hashirama get mad? or sad? does he think about his life? hell no this is a shounen so instead of acting like a normal person he thanks the guy who asks him to either commit suicide or murder his brother, cause thats what we'd all do in such a situation.

Hashirama prepares himself, telling his clan that after his sacrifice they should never fight with the Uchiha again and Madara is not to be harmed, he makes his brother swear this on his children and grandchildren ( but since it seems Tobirama never had children I guess it was a moot promise).

As he is about to stab himself Madara has flashbacks to their childhood and decides he cant let his loverchildhood friend do this to himself and stops him in perhaps the most dramatic fashion possible.

Convinced by Hashirama that peace is possible, the Senju and Uchiha make a truce and join forces, I found it odd how the Uchiha wear black and the Senju wear white, is that to show us they are yin/yang, dark and light, good and evil? hmm...

We see the early stages of the village being built, and the two former rivals reminisce about old times when they were children and how they are closer to their dream world than ever before. The newly formed village needs a leader though and I was surprised how it was Madara who was originally going to be the Hokage, well maybe the heads werent going to go for it but I somehow always imagined Hashirama wanted to be Hokage but here he didnt mind letting Madara take the lead and become the Fire Shadow.

The two men decide that their village needs a name and Madara shows us his creativity yet again.

Tobirama interrupts this moment and I like how he and Madara still have animosity towards each other, while Hashi is the idealistic and unrealistic hero, Tobirama represents what real people would feel and act in such a situation and is therefore far more interesting a character than the first hokage who forgives and forgets everything.

Like a scene out of a romantic drama, Madara eavesdrops on the two brothers discussing the future of the village and learns he probably will never become Hokage, feeling hurt and betrayed ( like a lover would in such a situation I imagine) he runs away and leaves the leaf that symbolizes his ties to the village, abandoning both it and Hashirama.

We fast forward a bit and see Hashirama in the Hokage garb explaining to Madara how to achieve real happiness opposing forces must unite together, Madara says there is another interpretation to his words but doesnt clarify, instead like a jealous woman he asks Hashirama to choose between Madara or his brother.

Seeing as how Hashirama cant choose between them, Madara seems to descend into "evil" just like Sasuke did at the hokage meeting, this led to one of the more epic rape faces in a while.

An interesting chapter to be sure, and I'm glad it didnt dwell on last weeks cliffhanger but I think we're all getting tired of this flashback by now, not to worry though since it seems its almost over.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 625 Review.

Quote Quote:
    Like a scene out of a romantic drama, Madara eavesdrops on the two brothers discussing the future of the village and learns he probably will never become Hokage, feeling hurt and betrayed ( like a lover would in such a situation I imagine) he runs away and leaves the leaf that symbolizes his ties to the village, abandoning both it and Hashirama.
    Wrong.

Madara heard the conversation between Hashirama and Tobirama and from there he knew what kind of guy Tobirama is.

He knew that one day Tobirama will succeed Hashirama as Hokage and when that day comes, "the Uchihas' days would be numbered".

In other words, he trusted Hashirama but not Tobirama.

And he also knows that Tobirama will succeed Hashirama for sure in the future. So no matter how benevolent Hashirama is right now, there is no future for his clan under Tobirama's bigoted leadership.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    Wrong.

Madara heard the conversation between Hashirama and Tobirama and from there he knew what kind of guy Tobirama is.

He knew that one day Tobirama will succeed Hashirama as Hokage and when that day comes, "the Uchihas' days would be numbered".

And he also knows that Tobirama will succeed Hashirama for sure in the future. So no matter how benevolent Hashirama is right now, there is no future for his clan under Tobirama's bigoted leadership.
    Madara always knew what tobirama was like, he killed his brother after all and he hated him a lot, you can see that from the page before, plus its not like what tobirama said about the sharingan was very wrong, the uchiha were a little unstable.

sides what was I wrong in? madara was listening in and he did learn he wont become hokage, how am i wrong?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrong.

Madara proved in this that Tobirama was 100% right. While Hashirama was acting as a leader, Madara was only acting as a simple citizen, a fodder. Actually, I think Madara did not acknowledge Hashirama. Otherwise, he would have taken hashirama's solution of working together, then prove to everyone that he is worth respecting. He became a rogue ninja with a tone of enemy within a few hours. This is what prove that Tobirama is truly right.

Some people believe that Tobirama created the discorde, but they are wrong. The discorde was there before Tobirama. He was so well informed of this discorde that he predicted accurately everything. Tobirama predicted another descent of the Uchiha in darkness if Madara survived, and this is exactly what happened. In fact, the first thing Madara did when he met a gullible Uchiha (Obito) was to plan a war and his supremacy. If Madara was in contact with the Uchiha from the start, war would broken out. In my opinion, Madara was essentially a selfish power angry craving for his own success. His attitude was never for the Uchihas, but for his own brother. I hope Kishi will bring an Uchiha to give his account of Madara as well because Itachi had to get his intel on Madara from someone else. The reason is that Itachi said that Madara took Izuna's eyes by force, and I believe that this sacrifice is what is driving him crazy about supremacy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    Madara proved in this that Tobirama was 100% right. While Hashirama was acting as a leader, Madara was only acting as a simple citizen, a fodder. Actually, I think Madara did not acknowledge Hashirama. Otherwise, he would have taken hashirama's solution of working together, then prove to everyone that he is worth respecting. He became a rogue ninja with a tone of enemy within a few hours. This is what prove that Tobirama is truly right.
    Madara only proved Tobirama keeps on spouting bigoted bullshit. Its completely evident the Uchiha have turned their back on Madara and his ideals, even Tobirama himself says so. Yet he keeps on with his "Uchiha may do this and maybe they'll do that"... which isn't any better then treating every Muslim as an potential terrorist.

You simply can't condemn many for the actions of a single person. Thats like if the police would arrest your whole family including aunts and uncles because your father happened to be caught drunk while driving... or some similar bogus.

Tobirama even admitted his knowledge about the Sharingan is based upon rumors, yet he acts as if it was some kind of fundamental fact.

Madara may not be innocent either, but at least his concerns where justified. There was no indication the Uchiha would try some shit on the village, but at the same time it was more then evident if Tobirama ever gets to pull the strings (which was highly probable) then things would start to go south for the Uchiha.
    Last edited by LnDRash; March 27, 2013 at 01:57 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss blackjack's reviews :/ These reviews seem way too rushed. Without a somewhat objective point of view, without a summary, without predictions, idk.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people believe that Tobirama created the discorde, but they are wrong. The discorde was there before Tobirama. He was so well informed of this discorde that he predicted accurately everything. Tobirama predicted another descent of the Uchiha in darkness if Madara survived, and this is exactly what happened. In fact, the first thing Madara did when he met a gullible Uchiha (Obito) was to plan a war and his supremacy. If Madara was in contact with the Uchiha from the start, war would broken out. In my opinion, Madara was essentially a selfish power angry craving for his own success. His attitude was never for the Uchihas, but for his own brother. I hope Kishi will bring an Uchiha to give his account of Madara as well because Itachi had to get his intel on Madara from someone else. The reason is that Itachi said that Madara took Izuna's eyes by force, and I believe that this sacrifice is what is driving him crazy about supremacy.
    I agree with this, Madara could have done the right thing and stayed around to look after his clan, instead he tried to force his way to the top, and how? he planned to kill Hashirama but what was his goal after that? to rule konoha? to establish the Uchiha superiority?

Madara was not a good person, he was far too emotional... typical Uchiha.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

. Actually, I think Madara did not acknowledge Hashirama. Otherwise, he would have taken hashirama's solution of working together, then prove to everyone that he is worth respecting. He became a rogue ninja with a tone of enemy within a few hours. This is what prove that Tobirama is truly right.
    Madara worked with Hashirama until Tobirama caused him to stop believing in a good future for his clansmen in Konoha.

Quote Quote:
    Some people believe that Tobirama created the discorde, but they are wrong. The discorde was there before Tobirama. He was so well informed of this discorde that he predicted accurately everything. Tobirama predicted another descent of the Uchiha in darkness if Madara survived, and this is exactly what happened.
    Lol what darkness are you talking about.

Tobirama was paranoid about the Uchihas rebelling, so he constantly spied on them and placed them in a figurative prison outside of Konoha proper. Guess what, anyone who was living in that condition would eventually rebel. In a sense, Tobirama was creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. Now that's darkness.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Reaper1183's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    Madara always knew what tobirama was like, he killed his brother after all and he hated him a lot, you can see that from the page before, plus its not like what tobirama said about the sharingan was very wrong, the uchiha were a little unstable.

sides what was I wrong in? madara was listening in and he did learn he wont become hokage, how am i wrong?
    Tobirama didn't kill Izuna. Madara stated that Hashirama was the one who mortally wounded him. He didn't care if he became Hokage next, he only cared that Tobirama would, and he didn't learn that by listening in, he just learned that Tobirama was about to suggest killing Uchiha, and that's why he went off like he did.

Madara tried warning the Uchiha, but they didn't believe him.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by l!nk View Post
    I miss blackjack's reviews :/ These reviews seem way too rushed. Without a somewhat objective point of view, without a summary, without predictions, idk.
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll add predictions in my next chapter

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

That'd be great I always enjoy reading some theorycrafting

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by l!nk View Post
    That'd be great I always enjoy reading some theorycrafting
    i did some prediction last chapter about how Hashirama would choose to kill himself but this chapter didnt end with any sort of cliffhanger really, still good to know what people want so I can add that, next review will have a prediction section. thanks for suggesting it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara worked with Hashirama until Tobirama caused him to stop believing in a good future for his clansmen in Konoha.
    Madara was always whining how it wouldn't work and complaining noone wanted him.

Quote Quote:
    Lol what darkness are you talking about.
    The one you see at the end. As predicted by Tobirama.

Quote Quote:
    Tobirama was paranoid about the Uchihas rebelling, so he constantly spied on them and placed them in a figurative prison outside of Konoha proper. Guess what, anyone who was living in that condition would eventually rebel. In a sense, Tobirama was creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. Now that's darkness.
    It wasn't a prison, and they didnt even rebel against Tobirama but much later.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Madara was always whining how it wouldn't work and complaining noone wanted him.
    What wouldn't work? The common ideal that got thrashed by Tobirama?

Quote Quote:
    The one you see at the end. As predicted by Tobirama.
    Tobirama predicted it because he knows that he can cause just that to happen. Self-fufilling prophecy.

Quote Quote:
    It wasn't a prison, and they didnt even rebel against Tobirama but much later.
    Because they trusted the leadership until it was too late.
    Last edited by Ryr; March 29, 2013 at 05:15 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1183 View Post
    Tobirama didn't kill Izuna. Madara stated that Hashirama was the one who mortally wounded him. He didn't care if he became Hokage next, he only cared that Tobirama would, and he didn't learn that by listening in, he just learned that Tobirama was about to suggest killing Uchiha, and that's why he went off like he did.

Madara tried warning the Uchiha, but they didn't believe him.
    We saw in the manga how Tobirama cut Izuna (quite badly, I presume) and then, Madara took him and ran away. What Madara was getting at is that while Hashi was preaching for peace, his brother died fighting Senju, not that Hashirama was the one who killed Izuna directly.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast