Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Beelzebub 199 Discussion/200 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub 199 Discussion/200 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by natsu78 View Post
    The author should have let Nene fight Ringo to prove herself whether she is worthy of being the 4th.Aoi is not part of the red tails anymore so her beating up Ringo will not solve the problem.Aoi becoming the leader should be out of question since it contradicts the what the author has stated before.
    I agree with you but Nene would drop dead even faster than Aoi against Ringo.I doubt the fight would even last longer than a second.

Quote Quote:
    Because showcasing how Oga beats his opponents with his punches seems to be more important than developing the females characters especially the red tails.
    It seems like they have been officially replaced as the new Mk5 to show that they are not worthy of any attention whatsoever.
    I actually don't mind seeing Oga throwing punches but the nasu fight was pretty boring.But I do want to see some development in the side characters .I think the red tails are currently in the same situation with the six knight.

Quote Quote:
    This arc just reeks of bad/lazy writing.I think the author has lost his creativity.This is the worst arc so far and it looks like it will only go downhill as it progresses.
    I hope the jump readers punish him for that so he might learn the lesson the hard way.
    This arc in itself has potential.The whole demon and spellmaster is rather intriguing.I just think that the author is trying to rush through it(?)Maybe the ratings isn't that good for this arc.(Beelzebub's rating isn't very high to begin with)So,he's trying to rush to the more interesting part of the arc.It would explain this chapter...

Quote Originally Posted by kendama View Post
    ii. In making Kunieda wallow in self-pity and regret about leaving the Red Tails, the mangaka wants to pave the way for her return as Leader of the gang, which is the logical conclusion of her inner monologue towards the end of the chapter ("all because I tried to stay part of the group").

But yes, the whole chapter was rather poorly contrived. I've pointed out before that Kunieda is the character the author uses most clumsily. Oh well.
    Kunieda shouldn't be the leader again because she left voluntary.And if she come back,it would make Nene's effort to become the 4th leader pointless.(though this chapter did potray nene as a hopeless leader)
    That I agree.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner natsu78's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kendama View Post
    ii. In making Kunieda wallow in self-pity and regret about leaving the Red Tails, the mangaka wants to pave the way for her return as Leader of the gang, which is the logical conclusion of her inner monologue towards the end of the chapter ("all because I tried to stay part of the group").
    I think making making Kunieda the leader of the red tails after defeating Ringo would be pointless .Kunieda becoming the leader would not make them any stronger.The gap in power is too big between them,The red tails are fodder status now. They are weakest of the group.It would be an insult to Kunieda to become the leader of a gang full of fodder.It is same as suggesting that Oga should become the leader of the Mk 5 which is unthinkable.
    Last edited by natsu78; April 06, 2013 at 09:49 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Best part about Nasu fight is pretty much Kanzaki. I hope this lose make the red tail thinking about doing something to make themselves stronger. They pretty much lost against fodder.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Best part about Nasu fight is pretty much Kanzaki. I hope this lose make the red tail thinking about doing something to make themselves stronger. They pretty much lost against fodder.
    WHO WILL MAKE THEM STRONGER????? The already practice a long Time befor with Kuniedas Grandpa. That Person fight in his younger Years against Demons.
    Then befor the Akumano Arc, they make a special anti Demontraining. Sure the most of the Red Tails are Side Charachters, but for Side Charachters the Train much as Main Charachter. So the gap between the two Charachters can only lay, in the Story. I mean Nene and Paako a needed for the funny Side Arcs.

Even when the new Red Tail are have Emblem on them, the Red Tails was trained befor Akumano Arc to fight Demons. And we can discuss it again it again, this fast loose against the new Red Tails. Let look every training like nothing, it was like Baby Beel against the Cat.

To that other Point kendama Post. Aoi will come back to Red Tails as a Leader. Yes after this fast loose from Nene i think so too. Why should anyone from the new Red Tails, follow Nene. When only Aoi was able to defeat Ringo or any of the new Red Tails. Leadership means Power and Reputation and Nene loose all of this.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    Aoi will come back to Red Tails as a Leader. Yes after this fast loose from Nene i think so too. Why should anyone from the new Red Tails, follow Nene. When only Aoi was able to defeat Ringo or any of the new Red Tails. Leadership means Power and Reputation and Nene loose all of this.
    I don't think so.Red tails are fodder,they are probably stay as fodder.Making Aoi leader of the red tails is just a stupid idea.It won't make the red tails any better.Just leave them as fodder.
    If Ringo is a spellmaster and the new red tails are her underlings recieving power from her.After Aoi' defeats Ringo they are going to melt away just like Nasu's underlings.

MangaHelper 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I kind of have to agree with many of the others, I really didn't like this chapter.

1. C'mon...Aoi has to get pumped up and motivated by Oga, she should be self motivated.

2. I figure she trained on her own and gained her own powers and shouldn't need to rely on 'given' powers, also she should be an equal to Oga not his minion.

3. The Red Tails are a joke...fodder for the bad guys?

4. Everything was rushed in this chapter, why didn't we see the New vs old red tails battle?

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading everyone's posts, I really hope this subplot concludes as cleanly as possible. I really like Kunieda, and I like the Red Tails in general, so I hope the aftermath of their fights doesn't set the mood of disappointment for the rest of plot. Obviously its not like Kunieda is going to exit the stage, and now that she has a king's crest I wonder what she'll do next. Who knows, maybe a subcontractor can decide whether or not to use demonic power just like the contractor can.

Honestly though, if there's one thing that I still think was bound to happen, contrived writing or not, is Kunieda getting the King's Crest.

I know, the way its been handled feels like a regression of her strength and capability, and the fact that she might be able to use both Beel's and Koma's power doesn't feel right either. But if we're talking about people eligible for the King's Crest based on Hilda's definition, Kunieda fits the bill. After being defeated by Oga and leaving the Red Tails, Kunieda has always wanted to support Oga as much as she can. Of course she fights her own fights, and wants to protect her friends against demons. But she also believes in Oga. She trained with him twice, and both times she's been motivated by the desire to help him. Even though Kunieda is a leader-type, she still will defer to him as if she's not. So her getting the Crest is a way of Beel and Oga recognizing that loyalty.

Going back to Ringo, I hope we'll get to see her tatoo as well as demonic power. I wonder if there's a different person assigned to her other than the other black-haired guy who was monitoring Nasubi.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so.Red tails are fodder,they are probably stay as fodder.Making Aoi leader of the red tails is just a stupid idea.It won't make the red tails any better.Just leave them as fodder.
    If Ringo is a spellmaster and the new red tails are her underlings recieving power from her.After Aoi' defeats Ringo they are going to melt away just like Nasu's underlings.
    one who melt was Nasu's underlings ? i thought he was good night
    its would have good if aoi has kuma's (pervert demon) power and she give that to her gang its would good powerup for original top red tails members. aoi can rejoin red tails becouse her resone to quit becouse she love oga and its was forbidden rule now that is deleted by first (oga's sister) so she can enter again

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    one who melt was Nasu's underlings ? i thought he was good night
    its would have good if aoi has kuma's (pervert demon) power and she give that to her gang its would good powerup for original top red tails members. aoi can rejoin red tails becouse her resone to quit becouse she love oga and its was forbidden rule now that is deleted by first (oga's sister) so she can enter again
    Koma is a low level-demon,His power is very low compared to Beel's power.It is enough for only one person.Red tails are the weakest members now,Koma's power won't help them much.
    What would Aoi gain from becoming the red tails leader again?If Aoi became the leader the Red tails ,rather than being helpful they are only become burden on her so it's better if she completely dissasociates from them.
    Last edited by natsu78; April 10, 2013 at 12:08 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Koma is a low level-demon,His power is very low compared to Beel's power.It is enough for only one person.Red tails are the weakest members now,Koma's power won't help them much.
    What would Aoi gain from becoming the red tails leader again?If Aoi became the leader the Red tails ,rather than being helpful they are only become burden on her so it's better if she completely dissasociates from them.
    if not koma than someone else i mean red tails r not going to disappear now they r part of oga's (aoi's) team and participant in future events. now oga's team will fight strong opponents so its will be good if they become powerful and what is Essy why then get power from demon look at nastu , 1 who defeat Nasu's underlings (forget name) and now Ringo

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3