Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HOW does it take this long?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HOW does it take this long?

Quote Originally Posted by FetherMan View Post
    I understand what some of you are saying. Now what about Hunter X Hunter...?. Hiatus like a mofo, for reals. Lol.

The only manga i 'follow' at the moment are berserk, vagabond, shamo and HxH.
    I lead an empty life. <:

Nah, but seriously, with HxH it's not as bad as with Berserk, because at least when there actually ARE chapters, you get at least 10, if not 20 or 30 in a row.
    The time in between is still insane, but you won't get a 'c u next time' after 2-3 chapters in which nothing big happens (sea god arc).

However, i am sure that both Berserk and HxH WILL end before their mangakas die.
    I mean, lighting accidents aside, i am sure Miura knows how he wants the ending to take place.
    He DOES care for his story, he stated so many times and i find it believable.
    Someone who does not care would not be able to create such a magnificient story.
    It would help a lot if mangakas could/would speak openly to fans about why there is delay and what they are doing at the moment.
    It'd be cool for me if miura said 'oh sorry i am taking free time, i will tell you when i start drawing again'.
    Then we'd at least know whether he is sick or has other problems.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

41 weeks and counting since last episode. Just in case anyone wanted to know how long we've been waiting. Have a nice day!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hrm. I have issues with this idea that his style is thorough/beautiful and thus warrants this slapdash release schedule. Miura is not the only one who draws in this fashion. Vinland Saga, for example, has a very, VERY similar art style, but it publishes a chapter regularly on the 26th of every month with little detriment to the art or chapter length. It seems to me that most people who cite art as a reason are kidding themselves or are trying to defend the man for reasons I don't understand.

Let's just get to the bottom line: The man is rather...leisurely. That's why it takes so long. I remember when he took one break back a couple years ago just to play video games for a solid couple months. I've always had the impression that he has a very fickle muse. (And by fickle I mean, if he sleeps the wrong way for one night, the muse is put out of commission for months.) Goodness knows that solid concepts are hard to flesh out on paper, but the man isn't painting the Sistine Chapel. Six months or more for a chapter that is usually 10 pages short of a normal monthly submission kind of kills my amenability for the he's-doing-good-art-so-quit-whining argument. Yes mangaka are worked to death and are people, not manga machines. That still doesn't make the idea of lighting a fire under his butt any less savory. Somehow I don't get the impression that the man is in danger of being overworked.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^This. But, let's say that Miura works through the whole year and releases 10 chapters back to back. Is he going to take another year break before he releases another chapter or the usual three month break? Just doesn't make much sense to me.

Maybe my most optimistic theory is that he is on a roll moving into plot territory that fans have been waiting years for. It'd better be good.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3