Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 139 Discussion/140 Predictions

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 139 Discussion/140 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Don't think he would be able to do that without a gun.

Or because the only reason he is here is because of Viole. There would be no point in everyone apart from Viole getting a ticket to the tournament.
    But it's not like if Viole would need Reflejo in order to get a ticked. Reflejo knows Viole has a commitment on taking the test and going for FUG's objective. So, I would go more with the idea that he is worried about facing Anak.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Or because the only reason he is here is because of Viole. There would be no point in everyone apart from Viole getting a ticket to the tournament.
    Indeed. I'd wager that if Viole didn't make it into the tournament, FUG would kill the entire team. Anyway, assuming that the FUG team doesn't win, I'd think FUG would kill them.

Spoiler show

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Indeed. I'd wager that if Viole didn't make it into the tournament, FUG would kill the entire team. Anyway, assuming that the FUG team doesn't win, I'd think FUG would kill them.
    If Anak wouldn't mean a serious thread to Reflejo, he could simply go outside and go for Viole. He's not doing it. Instead he's waiting for him. Anak is a serious threat to Reflejo. And Reflejo's thoughts about Viole could be: "he will get the ticked on his own way". Viole can't lose a single test in his race.

the bad thing for Reflejo and for Viole himslef would be that they ignore that Viole doesn't have a clue about the test and has no gun at the moment.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Even more, Reflejo says: "We will defend this place best as we can". That is a sentence of someone worried about himself not about someone outside the place. But now that I read it again, I wonder about the translation, because why Reflejo would want to defend a place? He needs tickets, and to find Viole or to be sure about Viole getting his ticket.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    But it's not like if Viole would need Reflejo in order to get a ticked. Reflejo knows Viole has a commitment on taking the test and going for FUG's objective. So, I would go more with the idea that he is worried about facing Anak.
    Well this isn't a conventional fight, if any of them get hit by Anak's devil bullet that is it. Power levels don't particularly matter here, though I guess speed would help to a certain extent, so even if Viole comes he won't necessarily be of much help against Anak. But at the same time, since he can't get hit by a devil bullet, he doesn't want to risk going out until it is absolutely necessary, plus he even says so himself that he doesn't want to leave before he returns. He thinks that Viole is coming to where they are, and since his top priority right now is meeting up with Viole, staying where they are is the best option.
    Last edited by abc1233; April 07, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this isn't a conventional fight, if any of them get hit by Anak's devil bullet that is it. Power levels don't particularly matter here, though I guess speed would help to a certain extent, so even if Viole comes he won't necessarily be of much help against Anak. But at the same time, since he can't get hit by a devil bullet, he doesn't want to risk going out until it is absolutely necessary, plus he even says so himself that he doesn't want to leave before he returns. He thinks that Viole is coming to where they are, and since his top priority right now is meeting up with Viole, staying where they are is the best option.
    'Power' refers to many physical skills: strenght, speed, resistance, observation... In one shoot test observation and speed skills seems to be important. Shooting a regular would mean not only pointing the gun to him/her and shotting him/her, but actually getting the shot bullet hit its target. So shinsoo control can also be counted as power, since with it you could stop the bullet in its way to the target. So power matters, in that sense. In that sense, Viole would be a powerful rival to meet in this test, because he is fast and can use shinsoo so well.

I don't understand Reflejo's attitude. Why he can't leave the place before Viole return? And, right now, the priority of Reflejo should not be to meet Viole, but to get the tickets. What for to meet Viole if they don't get them? Instead it would make much more sense to go for tickets, in the hope that Viole could get his own ticket wherever he is... Tickets run out fastly.
    Last edited by ukimix; April 07, 2013 at 12:14 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter hyped me up because in next chapter, The Traveler will probably shout out *Baam* and Androssi will change her bullet and send Baam to Archimedes. Or something else, author is a genius.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUGelicious View Post
    This chapter hyped me up because in next chapter, The Traveler will probably shout out *Baam* and Androssi will change her bullet and send Baam to Archimedes. Or something else, author is a genius.
    Welcome to MH. It's always good to see new members.

So you just shove the fact that Androssi is inflicted with plot induced stupidity and can't recognize Baam under the rug then?
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; April 07, 2013 at 01:43 PM.

Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to MH. It's always good to see new members, even if I don't like your name. :P

So you just shove the fact that Androssi is inflicted with plot induced stupidity and can't recognize Baam under the rug then?
    Nobody can recognize that Viole = Baam without someone telling them... lol

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sizel View Post
    Nobody can recognize that Viole = Baam without someone telling them... lol
    Yes, I know, and it's a big problem in my mind.

It's not as if Baam's wearing a disguise or anything. He has longer hair, but he freaking looks the same. It's not as if he's Clark Kent and he takes off the glasses and then people don't recognize that he's Superman, even though he freaking looks the same, apart from the lack of glasses and the ridiculous costume. He doesn't wear a mask either. Baam just looks the same.

Koon should not have needed Baam to cry out to him to recognize that it was Baam, although Baam was wearing a cloak at the time, and I believe that there was also a voice changer at work there.

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not as if Baam's wearing a disguise or anything. He has longer hair, but he freaking looks the same. It's not as if he's Clark Kent and he takes off the glasses and then people don't recognize that he's Superman, even though he freaking looks the same, apart from the lack of glasses and the ridiculous costume. He doesn't wear a mask either. Baam just looks the same.
    He was supposed to be DEAD. There are people that are similar to each other. How could ANYONE be sure, that this is Baam? And his strength is currently off the charts. That weak kid, that was a mystery, but wasn't very strong, is now probably the strongest E-level person. But yeah, jumping to conclusion that it really is him, despite him being thereotically DEAD makes sense. One can think "he is somewhat similar to Baam", but given circumstances, noone can believe it or be sure about it.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    He was supposed to be DEAD. There are people that are similar to each other. How could ANYONE be sure, that this is Baam? And his strength is currently off the charts. That weak kid, that was a mystery, but wasn't very strong, is now probably the strongest E-level person. But yeah, jumping to conclusion that it really is him, despite him being thereotically DEAD makes sense. One can think "he is somewhat similar to Baam", but given circumstances, noone can believe it or be sure about it.
    Plus, he's now Jyu Viole Grace, a FUG Slayer candidate with a pretty heinous reputation, completely opposite from how Baam was.

It's not normal to go around expecting to see dead people. She may not have even gotten a particularly good look at him yet, with what's been going on.

Also, recall the debates at the beginning of the second season when no one was sure it was Baam? And we knew he was alive.
    Last edited by Dacomp89; April 07, 2013 at 02:29 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member salvatore022's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think androssi will shoot baam with the light bullet becuz his team are waiting for him back at the hotel and it would be useless for them to wait someone who already in the ship

note :why the hell would traveller go through the trouble to sneak in the ship wouldnt it be better just win the ticket and then sneak in when u are invited in the tournament ship

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to MH. It's always good to see new members.

Are you serious?
    Look at Baam and then look at Viole, they don't really look alike on first sight.
    She wouldn't think that it is him, especially if she thinks that Baam is dead.

If she was to see his eyes, maybe.
    Or hear his voice.

But, on the first sight right now, it's totally understandable that she don't recognize him right now.

Let's wait and read the next chapter to decide if she's stupid or not...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Koon should not have needed Baam to cry out to him to recognize that it was Baam, although Baam was wearing a cloak at the time, and I believe that there was also a voice changer at work there.
    his hair cover his eyes now... it's hard to recognize someone that is supposed to be dead seeing the face only from the nose down.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    his hair cover his eyes now... it's hard to recognize someone that is supposed to be dead seeing the face only from the nose down.
    That's just lazy drawing. In quite a lot of panels, you see Baam's eyes.

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast