Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: [Shoujo] K - Memory of Red, and K Project Side Stories

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

[Shoujo] K - Memory of Red, and K Project Side Stories

K Project Anime

About
    Set in a world where history has taken a slightly different course from the one we're familiar with, K follows the story of a young boy whose life is caught in a psychic war between seven kings with unusual powers.

Main character, Yashiro Isana, aka Shiro, is having lunch with a cat on one of the school rooftops. After his lunch break, Shiro goes on an errand for his classmate Kukuri to prepare for their upcoming school festival, only to be chased by some intimidating-looking men.

Whilst each of the Kings and their followers are warring against one another, Shiro gets caught as he seems to resemble someone involved in the war. From the moment he is involved, his life changes completely.

Season 2 for another 13 Episodes has been green-lit for late 2013.

K Memory of Red Manga

About
    The story follows the Third King Mikoto Suoh, known as the Red King who created a group called HOMRA filled with extraordinary people who are the followers/clansmen of the Red King. If you manage to successfully join HOMRA, you also acquire unbelievable psychic abilities.
    This is a prequel to enjoy before or after you've watched the anime.

K Stray Dog Story Manga

This is another series set prior to the events that take place in the anime. Set at about the same time as K Memory of Red, this series follows the story of Kuroh before the K Project anime.

Creator: Studio GoHands

I think this is an amazing series with lots of potentional. It should be noted that this franchise came straight from an anime team as oppose to coming from either a game, novel or the most usual way, a manga.
    The anime looks fantastic and seriously modern, the plot is a serious non-mainstream plot with dark twists. The way the manga's tie-in to the anime which will be coming back for another season is very nice too.

This series is worth your time.
    Discussion here

Favorite character?

Favorite King?

Favorite Powers?

Your expectations for the next season?
    Last edited by Airgrimes; May 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: K Project Franchise

Oh! A specific thread for K!!!

I didn't know that such details about the second season... I suppose they could air it in the next autumn season, like the first but who knows.
    And one thing. Kuro's manga Stray dog story finished last March in its fith chapter. See the scanlation team's note: http://september.strawberrywine.org/archives/2229

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: K Project Franchise

I thank the mods for promo of the thread too.
    Thanks on the info of K Stray Dog btw

Its because the popularity of the anime series in Japan was immense for just 13 episodes.
    There have been events of cosplay and its been demanded at manga conventions and exhibitions in Japan in such a short space of time.

Also, the fighting scenes in the anime really caught my eye.
    The weaponry is quite modern and the fighting styles are quite unique.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Themistocles's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched K, I didn't know what it was, but it was so pretty. The series definitely increased in value for me after reading the Memories of Red, and the Stray Dog updates.
    Kartoffeln sind gut

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

K memory of red ending chapter got to me, wanted so much more, thank goodness they are doing memory of blue in aria later this year, or is it next month.

K side black and white is worthwhile too if only for the ichigen and kuroh stuff. Its sweet.
    Last edited by SharkBait; September 04, 2013 at 12:42 PM.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

K - Memory of Red is actually serialized in Aria, a shoujo magazine from Kodansha. None of the K Project side stories were serialized in shounen magazines. The thread has been moved here, reflecting the demographic of the primary manga.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Please discuss the original anime here, in the anime discussion thread.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

well, i've read K-memory of red, and want to know more about the K series. Where should i start reading/watching? and in what order ?

many thanks xD

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sebasxlr View Post
    well, i've read K-memory of red, and want to know more about the K series. Where should i start reading/watching? and in what order ?

many thanks xD
    You can watch the K anime.

The next one in line after memory of red is K: Days of Blue to follow along with Fushimi, Munkata, and the other blues.
    K: Stray Dog Story to read about more on Yatogami Kuroh.

While K: The First follows along the beginning of the K franchise (basically before episode one, or covering the brief backstory covered up in that final chapter or so of K Memory of Red)
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

New Reply