Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Is the current execution of Edo Tensei doing Justice to the previous buildup for the Jutsu?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Buildup > Great Execution (Satisfied)

2 16.67%
  • Great Buildup > Poor Execution (Unsatisfied)

9 75.00%
  • Poor Buildup > Great Execution (Meh..at least its better now)

0 0%
  • Poor Buildup > Poor Execution (Totally Blowed)

1 8.33%
New Reply
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: The Edo Tensei Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Edo Tensei contradiction...

How did Kabuto got his hand on Madara's DNA ? I mean he probably was buried in his hideout right ? And Obito was pretty much there, and I bet some Zetsu were always guarding the place, so how did Kabuto found his DNA ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    How did Kabuto got his hand on Madara's DNA ? I mean he probably was buried in his hideout right ? And Obito was pretty much there, and I bet some Zetsu were always guarding the place, so how did Kabuto found his DNA ?
    Spoiler show

When jutsu fails, resort to magic!

Or maybe, that's not the real Madara - anything is possible with Kishi...
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Perhaps he found some well preserved hair from Madara's barber.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

It is hard to imagine where kabuto got some of madara's DNA, any theories on that? It never occured to me before.

I am sure kabuto visited many graves to get the dna of a lot of famous ninjas but Madara died under a rock and was never found by anyone, did he capture a zetsu clone and extract the information out of him?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing Kabuto had info on where to find it, since Tobi himself was shocked that Kabuto was able to get Madara's DNA. Kabuto also did say that he also got bad DNA at times, so he probably kept searching for any trace of Madara and finally got the right DNA. Or he knew Madara's old hideout/s and was able to get enough DNA. Who knows? From Tobi's reaction we could assume he thought it was impossible for anyone to find out the truth or where Madara's body was.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pseudorca's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the manga ever specified that the third coffin Oro tried to summon was Yondaime/Minato (though it did in the anime, but I'd say the manga is canon).

So who knows, maybe Oro actually tried to summon someone else...

Another deceased Kage from the other villages maybe? Or he might have even attempted to summon Madara?

...and that's why ninjas need to carry isotonic drinks...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pseudorca View Post
    I don't think the manga ever specified that the third coffin Oro tried to summon was Yondaime/Minato (though it did in the anime, but I'd say the manga is canon).

Another deceased Kage from the other villages maybe? Or he might have even attempted to summon Madara?
    I suppose so, but now that they are back, did they also bring back the other half of the nine-tails' chakra?

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pseudorca View Post

Nop, we have manga confirmation it was Minato and it failed because he was inside the DG seal:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/520/11

It was a clear retcon and it makes Sarutobi look like a complete retard for not knowing it.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pseudorca's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Nop, we have manga confirmation it was Minato and it failed because he was inside the DG seal:

It was a clear retcon and it makes Sarutobi look like a complete retard for not knowing it.
    Ah right, completely forgot about this.. thanks for the link

...and that's why ninjas need to carry isotonic drinks...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Tobirama explained that by Orochimaru perfecting or close to perfecting the technique, he returned the revived Tensei to near their power. And Back then, fuuda was used. Right now there's no fuuda, just Orochimaru controlling using himself.
    translaton

kishi used asspull to fill a plot hole because there is no way hashirama could be built up as the strongest with an aging sarutobi being able to fight his edo version off
    and according to this final.art shinobi are even more formidable in their edo versions

so to excuse why hashirama and tobirama were actually weaker in their edo versions kishi had so plot to fill

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

By summoning the soul from the DG seal, something that whas possible back then and happened :P Then the retcon happened for the ET fanservice and this was no longer possible.
    Retcon or not, evidence from the manga is not conclusive either way. It has never been, years ago when the manga was still at part 1, consensus already existed on all forums that Yondaime didn't come out because shinigami had him. The fact that Kabuto mentioned it came as no surprise. If you look back, the whole chapter was sloppy writing anyway. Sarutobi mentioned the 3rd coffin before anyone else did. How the hell does he know a third one is coming? And if he stopped it using obvious handseals, why would Oro say something like "huh it didn't work, oh well", rather than "damn he stopped the third one"? If something doesn't work, without knowing why, that's when you say huh it doesn't work. If something doesn't work because someone else stopped it right in your face, that's when you say damn you for stopping my jutsu.
    Anyway, even if he did stop it, doesn't mean that Yondaime would have otherwise come out. Stopping it is a good idea either way, not knowing who could be in it.

Anyway. Could be retcon, or it could simply be sloppy chapter 117. Or maybe sloppy on purpose to leave room for what would otherwise be a retcon.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that really the case though? I'm confident that summoning a person who'd used the Reaper Death Seal had never been attempted in advance. If you take a look at the manga panels, Orochimaru finds it strange that the last coffin did not work. I don't think Sarutobi actually succeeded in stopping it, in retrospect it seems to have been a simple failure because it wasn't possible at that point. Neither of them were aware of that.

The fact that Sarutobi managed to defeat Hashirama and Tobirama is not a definite retcon in my opinion. It was never stated that Orochimaru had fully mastered the Edo Tensei, or that Hashirama/Tobirama were anywhere at full power. The subsequent explanation we were given was satisfactory to me.
    Last edited by Azuma; May 03, 2013 at 02:54 PM.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Azuma

Its not just DG. Its any souls that is sealed in ANYTHING. That jutsu does not work if the soul is not in the perfect world (afterlife). So how the bloody hell did Sarutobi did not know this? He obviously knew he can stop a coffin as he made handseals and he obviously knew how this works. He also knew where Minato is...

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

@Azuma

Its not just DG. Its any souls that is sealed in ANYTHING. That jutsu does not work if the soul is not in the perfect world (afterlife). So how the bloody hell did Sarutobi did not know this? He obviously knew he can stop a coffin as he made handseals and he obviously knew how this works. He also knew where Minato is...
    It's hard to be certain at this point, but the way I see it is that although he knew of Edo Tensei and the DG, I seriously doubt anyone had experimented on the limitations of Edo Tensei to that extent. Knowing that you can't summon someone who had used the DG Seal is not really the type of thing that you can deduce without any experimental data. Orochimaru himself said that it was strange that the last coffin didn't work. He didn't even consider that Sarutobi pulled something off in order to stop it.
    Last edited by Azuma; May 03, 2013 at 03:55 PM.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Azuma

Quote Quote:
    It's hard to be certain at this point, but the way I see it is that although he knew of Edo Tensei and the DG, I seriously doubt anyone had experimented on the limitations of Edo Tensei to that extent. Knowing that you can't summon someone who had used the DG Seal is not really the type of thing that you can deduce without any experimental data. Orochimaru himself said that it was strange that the last coffin didn't work. He didn't even consider that Sarutobi pulled something off in order to stop it.
    It would be impossible for Tobirama and later for Orochimaru who improved it to not experiment with it. Orochimaru more then Tobirama as this dude was a mad scientist. I am sure he would love to know this jutsus limitations.

Also another problem. That was not the first time Orochimaru summoned Minato how did it work before? We know how it is done from what Kabuto showed. You don't pop in the coffin from the start. This is how its done:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/520/12

So how exactly was Oro able to do the above?

New Reply
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast