Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Is the current execution of Edo Tensei doing Justice to the previous buildup for the Jutsu?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Buildup > Great Execution (Satisfied)

2 16.67%
  • Great Buildup > Poor Execution (Unsatisfied)

9 75.00%
  • Poor Buildup > Great Execution (Meh..at least its better now)

0 0%
  • Poor Buildup > Poor Execution (Totally Blowed)

1 8.33%
New Reply
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: The Edo Tensei Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Edo Tensei contradiction...

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @Azuma

It would be impossible for Tobirama and later for Orochimaru who improved it to not experiment with it. Orochimaru more then Tobirama as this dude was a mad scientist. I am sure he would love to know this jutsus limitations.

Also another problem. That was not the first time Orochimaru summoned Minato how did it work before? We know how it is done from what Kabuto showed. You don't pop in the coffin from the start. This is how its done:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/520/12

So how exactly was Oro able to do the above?
    Yes, but the thing is that Orochimaru did not even know of the Death God Jutsu. Therefore he couldn't explore its' effects on Edo Tensei. At least that's how I see it. There wouldn't be a point in trying to summon Yondaime as part of an experiment if he was unaware of there being any special circumstances regarding his death. As for the 'other' problem, you're going to have to be more specific as I'm unsure what it is that you are identifying as a problem. It could perhaps be because I'm super tired and about to fall asleep though..

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    Yes, but the thing is that Orochimaru did not even know of the Death God Jutsu. Therefore he couldn't explore its' effects on Edo Tensei. At least that's how I see it. There wouldn't be a point in trying to summon Yondaime as part of an experiment if he was unaware of there being any special circumstances regarding his death. As for the 'other' problem, you're going to have to be more specific as I'm unsure what it is that you are identifying as a problem. It could perhaps be because I'm super tired and about to fall asleep though..
    Orochimaru did not need to explore the effects of the DG seal. ANY SEAL has that same exact effect.

Look how Kabuto summoned that bodyguard in the link I posted. He does not get there in a coffin. He is put in a magic circle and that ash climbs on him and what not and then the dude is clearly showed. So how did Orochimaru did that with Minato? Kabuto clearly showed there how it is done.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Orochimaru did not need to explore the effects of the DG seal. ANY SEAL has that same exact effect.

Look how Kabuto summoned that bodyguard in the link I posted. He does not get there in a coffin. He is put in a magic circle and that ash climbs on him and what not and then the dude is clearly showed. So how did Orochimaru did that with Minato? Kabuto clearly showed there how it is done.
    Perhaps it wasn't exactly the same method though? I don't see where a coffin would come in in the above scenario. Would he store them in coffins?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Edo Tensei sucks!

The edo tensei sucks thread.

Edo tensei sucks, because Nagato is revived with Rinnegan. It wasn't part of his actual being, it was just an object placed into his eye socket. If I die with a dildo up my ass and someone edotensei's me, will the dildo be up my ass?

Because the third Raikage has a scar. His REAL body had the scar. But that real body died from another injury. Both are injuries. If one injury is taken with you in edo tensei, why not the other one? What does edo tensei care which injuries you get to keep? Why not bring his soul back in a lethally injured half dead corpse that keeps reforming?

Because you can move your mouth but not your arms and legs. What's the fundamental difference? You move your mouth with muscles, you move your arm with muscles.

Discuss.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Edo Tensei sucks!

Are you going to complain that they shouldn't be wearing clothes too? Since clothes aren't a part of their "actual being".
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato was revived with the Rinnegan. Madara was revived with Hashirama's cells, Rinnegan and EMS. Is that part of his genetic make-up? No. Hiruzen was revived as an old man whereas Madara was revived in his prime. Everybody was revived in their respective traditional outfi. Does any of this really matter though? No.

Let's be realistic here. This is a piece of fiction. It's not a scientific essay based on rigorous testing. You're bound to find some inconsistencies and some retcons. Finding flaws is easy and we all know they exist. That doesn't stop you from enjoying it, so just kick back and relax
    Last edited by Azuma; May 04, 2013 at 11:31 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Are you going to complain that they shouldn't be wearing clothes too? Since clothes aren't a part of their "actual being".
    Yeah

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayz0r View Post
    The edo tensei sucks thread.

Edo tensei sucks, because Nagato is revived with Rinnegan. It wasn't part of his actual being, it was just an object placed into his eye socket. If I die with a dildo up my ass and someone edotensei's me, will the dildo be up my ass?

Because the third Raikage has a scar. His REAL body had the scar. But that real body died from another injury. Both are injuries. If one injury is taken with you in edo tensei, why not the other one? What does edo tensei care which injuries you get to keep? Why not bring his soul back in a lethally injured half dead corpse that keeps reforming?

Because you can move your mouth but not your arms and legs. What's the fundamental difference? You move your mouth with muscles, you move your arm with muscles.

Discuss.
    what bothers me most is the inconsistency
    nagato was revived in a sad state where he couldnt walk on his own, yet many others were revived in their prime

madara is overpowered but the end of the manga needs an enemy like that

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    nagato was revived in a sad state where he couldnt walk on his own, yet many others were revived in their prime

Right forgot about that. Lame indeed.

Well, about Madara. He was experimented on after being edo tensei'd, so I don't really mind. I don't think Nagato was turned into a cripple by Kabuto on purpose, so yeah that's stupid. He should have been born with regular eyes too. I mean does Kakashi have his Sharingan when he's edo tensei'd after having his Sharingan stolen by someone else?

And what about these bodies reforming? Let's say you revive Madara without his personality. Just make him lie down. I bet we can keep pulling his eyes out, while watching them regrow 100 times in a row. Make a whole army of Rinneganners.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

about nagato:
    maybe kabuto hadn't enough time to revive him in his pre-cripple state, may he needed special DNA from a specific time period or something like that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of them were resurrected as they were one day before death. The only exception I have seen so far is Madara.

Sasori also looks like an exception, but he 'died' when he became a puppet.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you're gonna argue about those little things, might as well do it for the technique's existence in general. I like seeing the Kage back but let's be real, this technique crosses the boundaries even in the fantasy world. Without it, Madara wouldn't be here and Obito would've already been defeated.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member NinjaPenguinator's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Most laws of physics are broken in this manga anyways. If you're looking for things to be consistent, or make sense all the time, you're gonna have a bad time.

This is just an average dude telling you a story that he's making up to entertain people. Either listen to it, or don't.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara is the only one who was revived in his prime. The others were revived as they died, except for Itachi's eyes, I guess.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Madara is the only one who was revived in his prime. The others were revived as they died, except for Itachi's eyes, I guess.
    yes because granny chio was old too

New Reply
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast