Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Will Raizel survive the aftermath of this Story Arc?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course (He won't die. He CAN'T die!!!!)

16 69.57%
  • I'm afraid not (To everything there is a season)

5 21.74%
  • Other (I refuse to answer this question...it hurts to much)

2 8.70%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 278 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 278 Review

Last week the poll was on whether or not Urokai is going to die here. A strong majority thinks he will but there where a few who thought he might find a way to survive. We'll still have to wait to be sure but it's looking REALLY good for the majority right now.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

I can only assume that's a tear of pity shed for what he's about to do to Urokai.

This week's chapter picks up with the Lady Werewolf, Urokai, and Siriana all surprised by Raizel's sudden appearance. He seems familiar to the Lady Werewolf but she can't quite remember why until Siriana greets him by name. Urokai is shocked into disbelief, having apparently thought Raizel to be dead. But all doubt to his identity fades when Raizel greets them by name without anger and explains that he only recently woke up.

Siriana asks him if he knows what happened between them and Lukedonia and calmly explains to him that he does. Urokai becomes livid at the apparent lack of interest Raizel shows in why they betrayed him, explaining that to him it was all about how he accepted a human when he wouldn't accept him, but Raizel calmly explains that it was "their will" and bears them no grudge for what they did to him.

Urokai questions if that is true then why did he show himself and Raizel answers that they have harmed humans and those he must protect so they now must be removed.

This gets under Urokai's skin but before he can go on another tirade Siriana calmly politely asks Raizel to once more forgive them for doing the unforgivable; and tells the Lady Werewolf that this isn't her fight and to stay back.(Thank you Siriana!)

At this Urokai and Siriana's soul weapons come out. Raizel's clothes revert to his Lukedonia outfit. Seeing this Frankenstien is extremely concerned that facing both of them will be too much for his master's body, but Raizel tells him to stand back. This is something he must do. He also charges Seira and Rajak with keeping humans from further harm.

He then puts up an huge blood field. Siriana is concerned by this but Urokai asks if he's overextending himself. Wondering aloud how much power Raizel used last time. Also figuring out that his prolonged sleep must mean that he's weakened (not as dumb as he looks apparently). Raizel responds by saying that "he always was... talkative."

This taunt kicks off the fight in earnest. With both Urokai and Siriana raining attacks on Raizel and him blocking each with one hand. Raizel launches and attack of his own which they both dodge. After realizing that fighting in the blood field was getting them nowhere Siriana suggests breaking the field to gain the advantage. They both launch powerful attacks at the field and succeed in breaking it but as the dust settles they see Raizel unfolding bloodred wings and looking at them with glowing red eye; emanating an incredible amount of power as a single teardrop of blood runs down his face

Chapter Review

Of course, we all realize the only reason she stayed back is so she could stare and Franky's shirtless chest.

Substance

This was a chapter devoted entirely to Raizel facing down Urokai and Siriana. For Raizel's part he was calm. I think some expected anger or sense of betrayal from him toward the Ex-clan leaders who tried to kill him but there was none of that. Something that's easy to forget about Raizel is that he almost never acts on his own behalf. It's always about others and in this was the same way.

This chapter also tackled the Elders motivations starting with Urokai. Mad dog that he is, he seemed to have been driven to that state by pride and jealousy over humans. He's what I imagine Rael is on a path to becoming one day. To him being a noble means being better more important than everyone who isn't one and every reminder that might not be true fills him with rage.

Siriana's reaction was the one I found more the more interesting of the two. Though quite about his motivations he showed great respect and politeness he shows toward Raizel. He seemed no less resolved than Siriana about killing Raizel, to him it seems more like something he feels he needs to do rather than wants to do.

The fight itself went much the way I thought it would, at least up until the end. As most expected The Lady Werewolf got a pass (now that she is, relatively, safe I can rest easy) During the fight itself Raizel proved to be more powerful than Siriana and Urokai but they were more than strong enough to keep him from stomping them like he has everybody else. Nobody was getting one-shotted and nobody was kneeling. So this was a legit fight. Both of his opponents also used thier knowledge of him greatly to their advantage. Urokai to correctly guess that Raizel is weakened and Siriana figure out to fight him they will need to break the Blood Field first. The big surprise was Raizel transforming into his crimson angel of death Bankai at the end there.

Raizel's wing mode no doubt brings with it a ton of power, even by the Lady Werewolf's standards, so Urokai and Siriana's life expectancy's took a drastic plunge when it appeared. Unfortunately, Raizel's ordinary powers come at a high cost so the cost for this one is likely to be enormous.

Presentation

The artwork was better this week than last. While detail was still lacking at times it balanced things out with some really great panels like the one of Crimson Angel Raizel at the end. The combat itself, while not as clear as most of the combat in this arc, still did exactly what it needed to. It made Raizel look powerful without undermining the threat of Ex-Clan Leaders which must have been a difficult tight rope to walk.

In terms of pacing I would describe this chapter as leisurely. Which is to say that it was much slower than most of the recent chapters but not in an unwelcome way. It was important that the battle with these Clan Leaders came across and important and pivotal particularly if this fight proves to be the beginning of the end for Raziel; which it quite possibly could be. Either way I think it's a good move to slow the pacing, and I think it should probably be kept slow throughout the fight.

Overall Rating

Raizel versus Urokai & Siriana has lived up to my expectations, and even exceeding them. The story side of things continues to hit it out of the park and the artwork was greatly improved, but not quite perfect.

I give it a 4 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction

Can't think of anything interesting enough, sorry.

Old Predictions: (23 Wins/ 31 Losses)

Nothing proven or disproven.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 278 Review

A decent review this week.

What do you think of the fact that Blood Fields can be broken?

I have to say that I was surprised that they still referred to Rai as -nim.

I originally thought that Rai would live for a long time, but I do think that he'll die after this arc. No, Jammin, you can take your Shinwoo Noblesse theory and chuck it off a bridge. :P

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    A decent review this week.

What do you think of the fact that Blood Fields can be broken?

I have to say that I was surprised that they still referred to Rai as -nim.

I originally thought that Rai would live for a long time, but I do think that he'll die after this arc. No, Jammin, you can take your Shinwoo Noblesse theory and chuck it off a bridge. :P
    I was never entirely sure how blood fields were supposed to work to be honest, much less though of a way to effectively fight them. I guess it makes sense that if it's sort barrier that effects those inside it should be able to be destroyed. I like it because it balances out the technique a little and as much as I love Noblesse more balanced combat could is something it could use.

As for Shin Woo we'll just have to see.

I promise if my crackpot theory turns out to be accurate I will try not to be too smug about it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good review this time.

Naa. Rai won't die. Perhaps the WW lady will take Rai to other WWs and heal him or something along those lines. The fact that she knows Rai opens many possibilities.

I guess we all expected this battle to be pretty rough for Rai. In a way, it proves that Union is more powerful then we think and they might actually stand a chance against Lord and clan leaders.

I am waiting for Roctis to be further introduced in story. Seeing from Zarga and Urokai's reaction, we can be really sure that all the six traitors followed Rai from their hearts. They weren't acting to be his followers......it was all real! So it would be interesting to see their reasons for betraying him.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Wait, is it me or when I type R a I (without spaces) it turns to C-rombell?

Noblesse Forever!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I was never entirely sure how blood fields were supposed to work to be honest, much less though of a way to effectively fight them. I guess it makes sense that if it's sort barrier that effects those inside it should be able to be destroyed. I like it because it balances out the technique a little and as much as I love Noblesse more balanced combat could is something it could use.

As for Shin Woo we'll just have to see.

I promise if my crackpot theory turns out to be accurate I will try not to be too smug about it.
    I suppose that more balance isn't bad at all. It still seems strange that you can just break it like that. It makes Raskreia seem only moderately strong though. She's still above most characters, but I don't know if she could beat Urokai and Zarga together.

If it does, Jammin, I will make you a massive apology. It's good that you admit that it's a crackpot theory. It's like the Kenpachi fans who believed in Godpachi. Just because Kubo went with Godpachi, that doesn't make his fans any less crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    Wait, is it me or when I type R a I (without spaces) it turns to C-rombell?
    It's part of MH's April Fool's celebration.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i think rai' will tired,hurt or need to sleep but he will not die yet. he maybe die in end but not right now. and it maybe give Shinwoo a chance to be contender to become noblesse. right now he need others help (every time he was kidnap someone else has to free him) so how can if rai' die now he become noblesse ?

i think if rai' die now then next noblesse will be noble, frank' or there will no noblesse

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review as always Jammin.I think this chapter finally shed some light on the reason for the betrayal of the traitor clan leaders.If their reason is what I think it is then I find their betrayal completely justified and might even end up rooting for them.If Urokai's words are anything to go by then it was Raizel's love of humans that led to them betraying him.I theorized exactly that in the past but it was nothing more then a baseless assumption until now.My original theory was that they betrayed Lukedonia because of Frankenstein.

Just think about it a little.Suddenly out of nowhere a human with the powers of a clan leader shows up and he possesses the knowledge and resources (there are a lot of humans around so making multiple dark spears shouldn't be impossible) to make more people like him and rather then destroy him and end his threat the Lord and Raizel take him in and acknowledge him.Frankenstein wasn't exactly overflowing with love towards nobles back then either.I think he made it clear he wanted humans to surpass the nobles and end their reign over them.

So some of the clan leaders think "Alright then we understand.The lord is wise and must have a reason for doing this.He must be keeping him alive so we could benefit from his genius but we are watching him and if he ever does anything suspicious we will kill him" but then their Lord tells them that it's time for all of them to die so the new generation could take their place because unlike them the new generation is more open towards change and would be more willing to accept humans as their equals.

If I were in their shoes I would think that what the Lord was doing could be nothing but treason.Instead of looking out for his own people like a Lord should he decides that humans will eventually surpass them and that their time has passed and then orders the clan leaders to all die with him rather then do something to preserve their race and culture like stopping the humans from surpassing them which they were very much capable of at the time.In their eyes the Lord and The Noblesse would have been the traitors.The two people who they trusted in and respected the most in the word tell them that they should let humans become a genuine threat and that if any conflicts arise it's not their problem but one for the new generation.Well the Lord did,Rai was hibernating at the time but would have undoubtedly agreed with the Lord.I don't think fighting him and forcing him into hibernation was their original intention.They probably tried to convince him to help them protect the nobles from the threat humans posed but he refused so they had no choice.

They not being idealistic idiots like the Lord and Rai knew that once humans become powerful enough to threaten them they would destroy them (Just look at the attitudes the human Elders we've seen have towards the nobles...) so they decided to not go into eternal sleep and stay around to protect their people but then they encountered a problem.The younger generation of nobles fully agreed with the Lord's ideals and they would not be able to convince them otherwise.So what were they going to do ?Frankenstein already left Lukedonia to supposedly look for his master but for all they knew he was enhancing humans so that they could stand against the nobles.Why else would he cut off all contact ?He could have asked them for help.With his personality it doesn't seem that unlikely...They couldn't find him and Raskreia and the current nobles would not have done anything about him so only one option remained.

They would ''betray'' Lukedonia and go on to create the Union.They knew humans would keep trying to enhance themselves so they could defeat the nobles.Humans don't like being ruled over after all.Using Frankenstein's research which they probably found in Lukedonia since he isn't the type to go leaving it around everywhere they created the Union and now they were in secretly in charge of the most powerful "human'' organization.That way they could control the development of human enhancment by monopolizing it due to their advanced data and make sure humans would never be powerful enough to defeat the nobles while also making them powerful enough for Lukedonia to see they are a threat and need to be eliminated

If this was their reason for becoming tratiors then I would definitely root for them.I would have done exactly this were I them.

13. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I suppose that more balance isn't bad at all. It still seems strange that you can just break it like that. It makes Raskreia seem only moderately strong though. She's still above most characters, but I don't know if she could beat Urokai and Zarga together.

If it does, Jammin, I will make you a massive apology. It's good that you admit that it's a crackpot theory. It's like the Kenpachi fans who believed in Godpachi. Just because Kubo went with Godpachi, that doesn't make his fans any less crazy.
    The story could still go a lot of different ways and while I tend to think that's the way it will go, the only thing it's really based on is narrative themes and a gut feeling. So crackpot theory is definitely the right word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    i think rai' will tired,hurt or need to sleep but he will not die yet. he maybe die in end but not right now. and it maybe give Shinwoo a chance to be contender to become noblesse. right now he need others help (every time he was kidnap someone else has to free him) so how can if rai' die now he become noblesse ?

i think if rai' die now then next noblesse will be noble, frank' or there will no noblesse
    Shin Woo is definitely lacking in power. As he is now he's basically helpless against everyone and unable to protect anyone. Yet still he has tried to protect and look after others throughout the series and has often been used to represent the best of humanity. He's an ordinary, if physically above average, young man with good heart and a strong will. The whole series actually started with Shin Woo taking Raizel under his wing and building the friendships with him that he has so seldom known. While he does lack fighting power, I'm sure inheriting power from Raizel could fix that in a hurry. It would just be a matter of learning how to use it and who better to teach him than the person with the same powers...Raskeria in Lukedonia; which just so happens to be the next place the Union has their sights set. Resulting in Nobles and humanity working together to create a better future.

I think Franky is a possibility too but his personality is a little, questionable. Raizel worries about him quite a bit, and for good reason. So I think he enjoys fighting way to much for Raizel to give him that kind of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakar123 View Post
    Excellent review as always Jammin.I think this chapter finally shed some light on the reason for the betrayal of the traitor clan leaders.If their reason is what I think it is then I find their betrayal completely justified and might even end up rooting for them.If Urokai's words are anything to go by then it was Raizel's love of humans that led to them betraying him.I theorized exactly that in the past but it was nothing more then a baseless assumption until now.My original theory was that they betrayed Lukedonia because of Frankenstein.

Just think about it a little.Suddenly out of nowhere a human with the powers of a clan leader shows up and he possesses the knowledge and resources (there are a lot of humans around so making multiple dark spears shouldn't be impossible) to make more people like him and rather then destroy him and end his threat the Lord and Raizel take him in and acknowledge him.Frankenstein wasn't exactly overflowing with love towards nobles back then either.I think he made it clear he wanted humans to surpass the nobles and end their reign over them.

So some of the clan leaders think "Alright then we understand.The lord is wise and must have a reason for doing this.He must be keeping him alive so we could benefit from his genius but we are watching him and if he ever does anything suspicious we will kill him" but then their Lord tells them that it's time for all of them to die so the new generation could take their place because unlike them the new generation is more open towards change and would be more willing to accept humans as their equals.

If I were in their shoes I would think that what the Lord was doing could be nothing but treason.Instead of looking out for his own people like a Lord should he decides that humans will eventually surpass them and that their time has passed and then orders the clan leaders to all die with him rather then do something to preserve their race and culture like stopping the humans from surpassing them which they were very much capable of at the time.In their eyes the Lord and The Noblesse would have been the traitors.The two people who they trusted in and respected the most in the word tell them that they should let humans become a genuine threat and that if any conflicts arise it's not their problem but one for the new generation.Well the Lord did,Rai was hibernating at the time but would have undoubtedly agreed with the Lord.I don't think fighting him and forcing him into hibernation was their original intention.They probably tried to convince him to help them protect the nobles from the threat humans posed but he refused so they had no choice.

They not being idealistic idiots like the Lord and Rai knew that once humans become powerful enough to threaten them they would destroy them (Just look at the attitudes the human Elders we've seen have towards the nobles...) so they decided to not go into eternal sleep and stay around to protect their people but then they encountered a problem.The younger generation of nobles fully agreed with the Lord's ideals and they would not be able to convince them otherwise.So what were they going to do ?Frankenstein already left Lukedonia to supposedly look for his master but for all they knew he was enhancing humans so that they could stand against the nobles.Why else would he cut off all contact ?He could have asked them for help.With his personality it doesn't seem that unlikely...They couldn't find him and Raskreia and the current nobles would not have done anything about him so only one option remained.

They would ''betray'' Lukedonia and go on to create the Union.They knew humans would keep trying to enhance themselves so they could defeat the nobles.Humans don't like being ruled over after all.Using Frankenstein's research which they probably found in Lukedonia since he isn't the type to go leaving it around everywhere they created the Union and now they were in secretly in charge of the most powerful "human'' organization.That way they could control the development of human enhancment by monopolizing it due to their advanced data and make sure humans would never be powerful enough to defeat the nobles while also making them powerful enough for Lukedonia to see they are a threat and need to be eliminated

If this was their reason for becoming tratiors then I would definitely root for them.I would have done exactly this were I them.
    Welcome to the forum Drakar123!

Excellent post. And I agree with a good bit of it. The only bit that doesn't quite fit is the traitors betraying Raizel after the Lord ordered them into Eternal sleep because of Raizel's betrayal because that actually happened several hundred years before that point. So whoever planned all this must have wanted Raizel out of the way before the Previous Lord gave the Eternal sleep order.

I think each Ex-Clan Leader is likely to have had their own reasons for what they did, some of them quite legitimate. But I suspect behind it all will always be the idea that being more powerful givings them the right to rule over those less powerful than they. While much of Lukedona and Raizel regard consider their power as obligating them to protect and serve those without it.
    Last edited by Jammin; April 02, 2013 at 10:14 AM.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Franky is a possibility too but his personality is a little, questionable. Raizel worries about him quite a bit, and for good reason. So I think he enjoys fighting way to much for Raizel to give him that kind of power.
    yes franks' personality is a little, questionable but u have to agree he also love and think good of humans . if he dont care for humans as much as rai' does he will be come rank 2 for caring for humans. u remember that he attack Lukedonia; because some nobles' give powers to some bad humans who use it to do evil things so he wanted to tell them that they cant do that to humans.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Drakar123!

Excellent post. And I agree with a good bit of it. The only bit that doesn't quite fit is the traitors betraying Raizel after the Lord ordered them into Eternal sleep because of Raizel's betrayal because that actually happened several hundred years before that point. So whoever planned all this must have wanted Raizel out of the way before the Previous Lord gave the Eternal sleep order.

I think each Ex-Clan Leader is likely to have had their own reasons for what they did, some of them quite legitimate. But I suspect behind it all will always be the idea that being more powerful givings them the right to rule over those less powerful than they. While much of Lukedona and Raizel regard consider their power as obligating them to protect and serve those without it.
    Thank you for the warm welcome!I've lurked the forums here for a pretty long time but never took the time to join until now.What was it ?A year and a half ?I can't even remember any more.Anyway...

I am aware that Rai went into hibernation well before the Lord gave that order.I guess I should have explained that part better.What I think happened is that the traitors confronted Rai about Frankenstein and wanted his help to eliminate him since he was the Noblesse and was duty bound to protect the nobles.He of course refused and when they failed to convince him the only option left was to remove him.

In their eyes he who was meant to protect them was siding with their enemies the humans choosing to protect them instead.They would have had no choice but to try and kill him.They respected him and held him in high regard but if he was going to side with the humans and not his own people then he needed to die.He was too powerful to leave alone.

The Lord and Rai's view's were certainly morally right but they were both extremely selfish to demand that the entire noble race doom itself by continuing to protect the humans who kept getting more powerful and would eventually kill them all.They were noble and moral but the humans weren't.

I don't know how the Lord didn't see that the moment humans became powerful enough that they would try and kill the nobles.It couldn't have been Frankenstein.He is more Satan then Saint.The clan leaders probably didn't care at first but once they saw what Frankenstein was able to achieve,things got serious.

Self sacrifice would certainly be noble and the right thing to do but what the lord was asking of them was to let everyone and everything they love,their culture and their people to disappear for the sake of his beliefs which was not in the best interest of the nobles who he was supposed to be looking out for and leading.Gejutel said that Raskreia was a bad lord.I'd say it runs in the family.

Really why should they die for the sake of the humans who were at the time and still are inferior to them ?Were I them I would have without a doubt betrayed the Lord.

I apologize if I've missed anything but I am really tired right now and can't focus properly.Still this is just a theory and it should be taken with a grain of salt.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the warm welcome!I've lurked the forums here for a pretty long time but never took the time to join until now.What was it ?A year and a half ?I can't even remember any more.Anyway...

I am aware that Rai went into hibernation well before the Lord gave that order.I guess I should have explained that part better.What I think happened is that the traitors confronted Rai about Frankenstein and wanted his help to eliminate him since he was the Noblesse and was duty bound to protect the nobles.He of course refused and when they failed to convince him the only option left was to remove him.

In their eyes he who was meant to protect them was siding with their enemies the humans choosing to protect them instead.They would have had no choice but to try and kill him.They respected him and held him in high regard but if he was going to side with the humans and not his own people then he needed to die.He was too powerful to leave alone.

The Lord and Rai's view's were certainly morally right but they were both extremely selfish to demand that the entire noble race doom itself by continuing to protect the humans who kept getting more powerful and would eventually kill them all.They were noble and moral but the humans weren't.

I don't know how the Lord didn't see that the moment humans became powerful enough that they would try and kill the nobles.It couldn't have been Frankenstein.He is more Satan then Saint.The clan leaders probably didn't care at first but once they saw what Frankenstein was able to achieve,things got serious.

Self sacrifice would certainly be noble and the right thing to do but what the lord was asking of them was to let everyone and everything they love,their culture and their people to disappear for the sake of his beliefs which was not in the best interest of the nobles who he was supposed to be looking out for and leading.Gejutel said that Raskreia was a bad lord.I'd say it runs in the family.

Really why should they die for the sake of the humans who were at the time and still are inferior to them ?Were I them I would have without a doubt betrayed the Lord.

I apologize if I've missed anything but I am really tired right now and can't focus properly.Still this is just a theory and it should be taken with a grain of salt.
    You bring up some really interesting points that I've never really thought much about before. If somebody asked me to die for an ideal I didn't believe in, I probably wouldn't be too keen on following through either.

Given this it's actually a little easier to see why the first thing Raizel did when he found out about there actions wasn't to hunt them down, and why in this chapter he just said it's "their will". Ordering them to die like that wasn't at all fair from their perspective. So I can definitely understand where their coming from.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

what if going to eternal sleep is not lords idea but that idea was given to lord by one of six or all six old clanleder. u guys remember frank and rai was surprise by lords eternal sleep and if u think that lord wanted to see rai one last time why cant he did not postpone his eternal sleep plan after he find rai

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

snip.
    While I agree with most of what you said, I think their reason for being traitors is based on the flawed believe that the main responsibility of the Noblesse is to protect the nobles and we know that is only a secondary responsibility. And so after centuries of twisting the idea of what the noblesse represents, at the end they did not understand his true purpose and why he loves humans so much. And so their betrayal is based on ignorance.

As for the previous lord, I think after meeting Franky and hearing his story about how the nobles are interfering with humans or making them their servants, he started to change just like the other nobles like Rajak's father did and accepted the fact that humans no longer need them. While other clan leaders still believe they were superior, you can see the disconnect between Rajak, Ragar vs rael.

Finally, the humans were acquiring power because of the actions of corrupted nobles not because they thought they needed to overthrow them.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review!

I found this chapter way too low paced, then, too short; and this week's cliffhanger has been almost unbearable. For me, the worst Noblesse cliffhanger so far. Yet, I rate this chapter 4/5

Your supositions make a lot of sense. Indeed, I wish something like that. Personally, I think the main lacking of Noblesse are deeper anthagonists, and this manhwa would get close to perfection with some psicological complexity in its characters.

I also think these elders somehow are jealous for Rai's compassion to humans, which being greedy and always wanting more, whilst nobles spent all their life in relaxation and in a continuous state, they didn't get how Rai allowed humans to become a serious threat to nobles and also protect them, while the old values of nobles, like honor and pride were set aside by humans and these became a nasty insects from the point of view of Nobles...

Regarding lord's attitude you mentioned in not seeing how humans became a serious threat, I'd say this could be explained as if the lord liked human's way of life and their scale of values, thus he'd have influenced to let humans transmit their values and their understanding of life because he would have found their way of life more amusing than noble's, which he'd found pretty boring.

To sum up, I'd say the philosophy of trators is that is inadmissible to let humans be as strong as nobles as they didn't trust them and lord's phylosophy was more like let nobles to be influenced by humans in continuous state of change. Maybe this could be a battle of old values against new lord's values, whilst Rai continued immovable in his role of mantaining the balance between humans and nobles or werewolfes in the world without moving a finger and letting go this new situation apparently bad for nobles, thus he got also to be hated by traitors, altough he'd respect whatever decision nobles would take as long as they don't bring harm to humanity.

But then there's something that doesn't fit. Why traitors agreed to contract humans and intervene in their enhancements? I'd say the ultimate goal of trators is to get rid of humans
    Last edited by Mister K; April 03, 2013 at 03:48 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Jamm, I might be off, but where are the ToG reviews '-'

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast