Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Will Raizel survive the aftermath of this Story Arc?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course (He won't die. He CAN'T die!!!!)

16 69.57%
  • I'm afraid not (To everything there is a season)

5 21.74%
  • Other (I refuse to answer this question...it hurts to much)

2 8.70%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 278 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 278 Review

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Jamm, I might be off, but where are the ToG reviews '-'
    I decided to stop doing them for a bit, you must have missed when I announced it in the discussion thread a few weeks back.

I just felt that if I was going to honestly critique this arc it was probably going to come out consistently more negative than anybody is going to want to hear Just because the foundation it was built on is so shaky. And negative reviews aren't the most fun things to write. I don't want to pick apart comparative inconsistency's like FUG going from super-controlling of Baam to being fairly understanding about him going missing. So I decided to step aside until the end of this arc at least.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I decided to stop doing them for a bit, you must have missed when I announced it in the discussion thread a few weeks back.

I just felt that if I was going to honestly critique this arc it was probably going to come out consistently more negative than anybody is going to want to hear Just because the foundation it was built on is so shaky. And negative reviews aren't the most fun things to write. I don't want to pick apart comparative inconsistency's like FUG going from super-controlling of Baam to being fairly understanding about him going missing. So I decided to step aside until the end of this arc at least.
    Fair enough ^^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Review I look forward to them every week.
    I don't have much to say about this chapter. I really enjoyed it. I personally think that Rai will go into a very long sleep. Maybe we will have some sort of time skip. Or maybe Franky will do some experiments on Rai. Who knows.

It's a little late but I remember from one of your reviews that you were concerned that child/poison arc wasn't holding much weight in the grand scheme of things. I'm not sure if you made some theories (I apogee if this was already mentioned before) but I was thinking that if the antidote was fake then the kids would actually be in danger. The only way to save them would be to turn them into experiments. It would be a way to actually give them some spotlight. It would also bring a new dynamic to the plot.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Dreams View Post
    Awesome Review I look forward to them every week.
    I don't have much to say about this chapter. I really enjoyed it. I personally think that Rai will go into a very long sleep. Maybe we will have some sort of time skip. Or maybe Franky will do some experiments on Rai. Who knows.

It's a little late but I remember from one of your reviews that you were concerned that child/poison arc wasn't holding much weight in the grand scheme of things. I'm not sure if you made some theories (I apogee if this was already mentioned before) but I was thinking that if the antidote was fake then the kids would actually be in danger. The only way to save them would be to turn them into experiments. It would be a way to actually give them some spotlight. It would also bring a new dynamic to the plot.
    Wow, so many new faces in the Noblesse section week!

Welcome Infinite Dreams!

And your correct. A big sticking point with me was the battle over the hostage kids and how it felt like a dead end part of the story as it is right now. I was thinking something similar about the kids, too. That maybe if the there is some problem with the antidote it might give that part of the story a bit more meaning, because if it isn't....that would be rough.

My favorite theory along those lines is for the antidote to be fake, or maybe not enough for everyone, and Raizel save them. Either because there isn't enough time for Frankenstein to help or because maybe he can't. But some experimentation is definitely a possibility.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Wow, so many new faces in the Noblesse section week!

Welcome Infinite Dreams!

And your correct. A big sticking point with me was the battle over the hostage kids and how it felt like a dead end part of the story as it is right now. I was thinking something similar about the kids, too. That maybe if the there is some problem with the antidote it might give that part of the story a bit more meaning, because if it isn't....that would be rough.

My favorite theory along those lines is for the antidote to be fake, or maybe not enough for everyone, and Raizel save them. Either because there isn't enough time for Frankenstein to help or because maybe he can't. But some experimentation is definitely a possibility.
    Of course, that's because you want Rai to save them and be weakened enough that he's going to die and thus give his powers to Shinwoo.

In the end, we have no idea if the Noblesse's power can even be transferred. For all we know, Rai and the Old Lord were the only two in their positions for all of time, at least until the Old Lord decided to enter Eternal Sleep and Raskreia became the Lord by default. Rai's been around for thousands and thousands of years and the Old Lord couldn't remember how old he was.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Of course, that's because you want Rai to save them and be weakened enough that he's going to die and thus give his powers to Shinwoo.

In the end, we have no idea if the Noblesse's power can even be transferred. For all we know, Rai and the Old Lord were the only two in their positions for all of time, at least until the Old Lord decided to enter Eternal Sleep and Raskreia became the Lord by default. Rai's been around for thousands and thousands of years and the Old Lord couldn't remember how old he was.
    I'm hoping we can get some sort of flashback as to how everything works concerning passing on powers regarding the noblesse and soul weapons. And Rai passing on his powers may be entirely possible since we have no evidence to refute it. Well just have to wait and see.

I really do hope the antidote is a fake though. If its not, I feel as if the school kids are just going to be used as hostages every time.

And thanks for the welcoming.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Dreams View Post
    I'm hoping we can get some sort of flashback as to how everything works concerning passing on powers regarding the noblesse and soul weapons. And Rai passing on his powers may be entirely possible since we have no evidence to refute it. Well just have to wait and see.

I really do hope the antidote is a fake though. If its not, I feel as if the school kids are just going to be used as hostages every time.

And thanks for the welcoming.
    If Rai does die at some point, and I believe that he will, we'll probably get a flashback about it.

Regardless of whether or not the antidote's fake in this situation, the children have existed to be taken hostaged over and over and over again. That's basically the only reason they've been in the plot for most of the manhwa.

Welcome to MH, Infinite Dreams.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i think that antidote is poison and kids were never given any poison in first place . yuri told about poison because he wanted to kill them easily. in 3 fight yuri was wining , mark's was like draw and Kevin was losing its was 1.1.1 not 3.0.0 (W.D.L) and u know u cant trust bad guys

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rai is going to need a serious nap after this. After he kills Urokai and Zarga his nap might begin. The 5th elder seems to be safe since Frankenstein will most definitely be preoccupied with Rai and the combination of Rajak, Seira and/ or Rael might make her back off if she even thinks about doing anything which I doubt. I also get the feeling that Frankenstein wil take Rai back to his shrine in Lukedonia. I'm curious to see what the Lord will do now that more traitors have been revealed and after she learns the real truth behind Rai's betrayal.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Nice review!

I found this chapter way too low paced, then, too short; and this week's cliffhanger has been almost unbearable. For me, the worst Noblesse cliffhanger so far. Yet, I rate this chapter 4/5

Your supositions make a lot of sense. Indeed, I wish something like that. Personally, I think the main lacking of Noblesse are deeper anthagonists, and this manhwa would get close to perfection with some psicological complexity in its characters.

I also think these elders somehow are jealous for Rai's compassion to humans, which being greedy and always wanting more, whilst nobles spent all their life in relaxation and in a continuous state, they didn't get how Rai allowed humans to become a serious threat to nobles and also protect them, while the old values of nobles, like honor and pride were set aside by humans and these became a nasty insects from the point of view of Nobles...

Regarding lord's attitude you mentioned in not seeing how humans became a serious threat, I'd say this could be explained as if the lord liked human's way of life and their scale of values, thus he'd have influenced to let humans transmit their values and their understanding of life because he would have found their way of life more amusing than noble's, which he'd found pretty boring.

To sum up, I'd say the philosophy of trators is that is inadmissible to let humans be as strong as nobles as they didn't trust them and lord's phylosophy was more like let nobles to be influenced by humans in continuous state of change. Maybe this could be a battle of old values against new lord's values, whilst Rai continued immovable in his role of mantaining the balance between humans and nobles or werewolfes in the world without moving a finger and letting go this new situation apparently bad for nobles, thus he got also to be hated by traitors, altough he'd respect whatever decision nobles would take as long as they don't bring harm to humanity.

But then there's something that doesn't fit. Why traitors agreed to contract humans and intervene in their enhancements? I'd say the ultimate goal of trators is to get rid of humans
    As we have been told by Gejutel,Rai's role is to protect the nobles but according to him the nobles never needed his protection because they were the strongest in the world for all of history and as such the role of noblesse is open to interpretation.

I think being noblesse means protecting the nobles from themselves but Rai and Gejutel seem to think that it means protecting the world from the nobles.I think that is the wrong way to interpret it since having a noblesse would then be like having a powerful organization in a country with equal power to the goverment whose purpose is to stop that country from doing anything against foreign countries.The very idea is ridiculous.

Nobles did protect the humans but not out any sense of duty or love but because they pitied them.Now that they have become a threat rather then continuing to help them the nobles should seek to eliminate humanity.Continuing to help them is a highly self-destructive behavior and really really stupid.Humans,those who know about nobles at least have all shown a very strong desire to kill them which is perfectly normal and the smart thing to do and eliminating them now while they are still not a serious enough threat would be the prudent thing to do but due to the values the old Lord and some of the clan leaders ingrained into their children the nobles are doing nothing and waiting for their end to come.

Not matter how I look at it,the old lord looks like the traitor to me and not the clan leaders.If the reason he allowed humans to become a serious threat is because he liked them more then that is the very definition of treason.It would be a lot like if the leader of a country started helping another foreign country which he could and should easily destroy while knowing that that country dislikes his people and will if allowed to thrive destroy them because he liked their culture better.In real life someone like that would be brought before a firing range and wouldn't be praised for being an excellent leader and being wise...

This is all not taking into account how nobles are superior in every way to humans...They are stronger,wiser,live longer and have always been far more advanced.The nobles have a strong sense of honor,pride and duty which the old lord disliked and wanted them to be less.. noble because he found them to rigid (he may have been funny and all but the more you think about it the more it becomes apparent how he was a horrible lord).They were and are morally,technologically and genetically superior so why shouldn't they destroy the humans ?

The duty of a country's goverment is to ensure that that country's citizens live as best as possible and ensure their safety and if it means doing all that at the expense of others then so be it.There is nothing wrong with destroying someone who threatens that.It is what all countries should do but unfortunately many modern countries do the very opposite.Diversity breeds conflict.Always has and always will.The differences between the humans and the nobles are to large for either side to be able to overlook them.One will eventually destroy the other.It is inevitable and in this particular conflict I am rooting for the nobles.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drakar123 View Post
    As we have been told by Gejutel,Rai's role is to protect the nobles but according to him the nobles never needed his protection because they were the strongest in the world for all of history and as such the role of noblesse is open to interpretation.

I think being noblesse means protecting the nobles from themselves but Rai and Gejutel seem to think that it means protecting the world from the nobles.I think that is the wrong way to interpret it since having a noblesse would then be like having a powerful organization in a country with equal power to the goverment whose purpose is to stop that country from doing anything against foreign countries.The very idea is ridiculous.

Nobles did protect the humans but not out any sense of duty or love but because they pitied them.Now that they have become a threat rather then continuing to help them the nobles should seek to eliminate humanity.Continuing to help them is a highly self-destructive behavior and really really stupid.Humans,those who know about nobles at least have all shown a very strong desire to kill them which is perfectly normal and the smart thing to do and eliminating them now while they are still not a serious enough threat would be the prudent thing to do but due to the values the old Lord and some of the clan leaders ingrained into their children the nobles are doing nothing and waiting for their end to come.

Not matter how I look at it,the old lord looks like the traitor to me and not the clan leaders.If the reason he allowed humans to become a serious threat is because he liked them more then that is the very definition of treason.It would be a lot like if the leader of a country started helping another foreign country which he could and should easily destroy while knowing that that country dislikes his people and will if allowed to thrive destroy them because he liked their culture better.In real life someone like that would be brought before a firing range and wouldn't be praised for being an excellent leader and being wise...

This is all not taking into account how nobles are superior in every way to humans...They are stronger,wiser,live longer and have always been far more advanced.The nobles have a strong sense of honor,pride and duty which the old lord disliked and wanted them to be less.. noble because he found them to rigid (he may have been funny and all but the more you think about it the more it becomes apparent how he was a horrible lord).They were and are morally,technologically and genetically superior so why shouldn't they destroy the humans ?

The duty of a country's goverment is to ensure that that country's citizens live as best as possible and ensure their safety and if it means doing all that at the expense of others then so be it.There is nothing wrong with destroying someone who threatens that.It is what all countries should do but unfortunately many modern countries do the very opposite.Diversity breeds conflict.Always has and always will.The differences between the humans and the nobles are to large for either side to be able to overlook them.One will eventually destroy the other.It is inevitable and in this particular conflict I am rooting for the nobles.
    Taking into account that nobles are stronger, wiser, more advanced and perfect...etc. than humans, definetly a superior race; and then you wonder why they shouldn't destroy the humans. I don't think nobles shoud destroy humans only because they were auto enhancing themselves. I think nobles should mind their own business and not interfere in humans affairs as long as they are not involved in any way . From that point of view I root for the lord and I think him was in the right way, I think he was wise, and I think Noblesse's Duty is to preserve peace and avoid these kind of conflicts between races in the world. I see Noblesse as somethig similar to ONU's pacekeepers. And remember Frankestein's speech in the last lukedonia flashback: What if some of the nobles became corrupt and greed for more power just like some humans? Not all humans are that greedy, egoist and ambitious as well as not all Nobles are morally irreproachable.

Thinking that humans could become a threat is just a race prejudice. In your last paragraph you justify tratitors attitude by stating modern countries should destroy and submit others denotes a simliar Hitler's nazi speech justifying the anihilation of one race over another for the same rasons he used to use letting people think this inferior race is a potential threat.
    Last edited by Mister K; April 04, 2013 at 04:39 PM.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the discussion of whether or not the Ex-clan leaders have a point is interesting because explore character perspectives always is.

But it's important to consider the other side of the coin too. The Previous Lord, who saw humanity. A young race who are learning and growing faster than Lukedonia. It occurred to him that Noble's involvement would likely end up just taking advantage of a younger race that might one day stand as equals, or close to it. He ordered his Nobles not to interfere in the human world but as we learned in the Frankenstein flashback they did it anyway. Taking advantage of humanity for there own desires.

So he gave his order to give a new generation a chance to better adapt and find a new place in this human controlled world; because new the prejudices of many of the older generation had made them incapable of doing the same.

After all if Nobles continued to surviving by dominating or exploiting humanity, they way the Union Elders seem to do, they would have betrayed everything Lukedonia stood for.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

if we think all powerful humans we saw in noblesse were corrupt with power or bad. as we saw all union members were arrogant and think of normal humans as trash. m21, t & t were also bad in beginning even frank was bad in beginning.

so if u think nobles should kill humans because they become powerful its wrong. right thing would be nobles should only kill bad powerful humans not all humans.

guys u remember that u r also humans right well i know we r not live in noblesse but show some love for good humans

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    if we think all powerful humans we saw in noblesse were corrupt with power or bad. as we saw all union members were arrogant and think of normal humans as trash. m21, t & t were also bad in beginning even frank was bad in beginning.

so if u think nobles should kill humans because they become powerful its wrong. right thing would be nobles should only kill bad powerful humans not all humans.

guys u remember that u r also humans right well i know we r not live in noblesse but show some love for good humans
    They weren't actually 'bad'. Franky was acting the way he did because nobles started giving their power to humans, who in turn started thinking themselves superior and rampaging, and he went on a quest of stopping that. He does have a sadistic streak, but he wasn't shown as a bad guy.
    Similarly, Tao, Takeo and M21 (and M24) had their own circumstances, but they just did what they had to do or they'd be killed (and in Takeo's case, his 'sister' would be). They were presented as bad guys, but eventually we learned that it wasn't much of their choice.

BTW the sole reason why humanity became so powerful is because of nobles. Without the creation of Union and contracts, they'd most likely be around the level of our society, plus maybe they'd have some 'enhanced' humans, but it'd take them hundreds more years of effort to get to the level they have through the Union. And that means Franky would be enough to take care of any power-mad human around
    The idea of nobles acting as judges for humans who are too powerful for mankind to handle on its own is dangerous. Nobles themselves aren't exactly perfect and there's always a chance that they'd start overstepping their rights eventually.
    Last edited by 0Xellos; April 05, 2013 at 02:00 PM.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    They weren't actually 'bad'. Franky was acting the way he did because nobles started giving their power to humans, who in turn started thinking themselves superior and rampaging, and he went on a quest of stopping that. He does have a sadistic streak, but he wasn't shown as a bad guy.
    Similarly, Tao, Takeo and M21 (and M24) had their own circumstances, but they just did what they had to do or they'd be killed (and in Takeo's case, his 'sister' would be). They were presented as bad guys, but eventually we learned that it wasn't much of their choice.

BTW the sole reason why humanity became so powerful is because of nobles. Without the creation of Union and contracts, they'd most likely be around the level of our society, plus maybe they'd have some 'enhanced' humans, but it'd take them hundreds more years of effort to get to the level they have through the Union. And that means Franky would be enough to take care of any power-mad human around
    The idea of nobles acting as judges for humans who are too powerful for mankind to handle on its own is dangerous. Nobles themselves aren't exactly perfect and there's always a chance that they'd start overstepping their rights eventually.
    about frank
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/noble...3/c191/13.html

in ch 191 Gejutel said as for the details of how frank acquired his power he dont know 100% and we know his fighting mentality its wicked . there is chance to gain power he maybe done some thing bad

about m21
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/noblesse/v01/c024/

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/noblesse/v01/c026/

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/noblesse/v01/c034/3.html

u see they did that because its fun

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast