Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddest original G10 member?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Saddest original G10 member?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Obviously the current #4 (Ryoga) and #5 (Oni) are way stronger than a person at their position ought to be.
    Why? Duke can send people fly away to another country and Tanegashima... we don't know yet, but he has the name of a MGS4 magic rifle so he must be good.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well out of the original G10 is pretty much Byodouin >>> everyone else based on what we know so far. Obviously the current #4 (Ryoga) and #5 (Oni) are way stronger than a person at their position ought to be.

So I don't think Kaji needs to be particularly amazing to earn that spot, since losing badly to Oni shouldn't be a strike against your power. That's why it particular sucks for him since he must have thought he got that spot due to his hard work/talent/whatever and then it turned out to be a cruel joke. Yes #4 is in the same boat, but he was just flat out unlucky. Him losing to Ryoga is no different than say if he got ran over by a car while overseas and never returned. It's a simple Act of God that's unavoidable. In Kaji's case, it seems like he's just a victim of someone's idea of a joke.
    I have a feeling there was no No.4 at all.
    The coaches said "Who's this?" when they saw Ryoga, instead of
    "Where the heck is the No.4 who is just 17, therefore his parents are going to be worried sick that we left him overseas and we're going to get our asses sued!!".

So for that reason, I think No.4 really was Irie/Tokugawa. And they have no respect for their country.
    Oni got No.5 like... A year or two ago.

Kaji lost to 10Ball!Oni, or he lost to Kishin!Oni.
    I think its the latter since No.6 Ohmagari gave zero shits watching 10ball from Oni.
    I think the gap between No.6 and No.7 is like the gap that MUST exist between No.14 and the rest of No.15-20.

This is because Nationals!Tooyama > Oni only using BJK and Hakamada >> Nationals!Tooyama.
    And No.18 & 19 shat bricks when they noticed BJK being prepared.

So Kaji has the saddest story. It really means Byoudouin and Duke wanted to have a laugh.
    My issue is that No.6 to 10 gave zero shits that Kaji was gone.
    So was Kaji stronger than Ohmagari all the way to Mouri?

Since I think Kaji deserves some respect, if Hakamada > Nationals!Tooyama, No.14 all the way to No.6 must be pretty good.
    I expect Ban to be not better but at least the same as Hakamada,
    No.12 was obviously better,
    No.11 was either equal or extremely close to Nationals!Yukimura, No.10 I expect to not be better but at least the same as Fuwa
    Ochi was obviously slightly better than Mouri, and Tohno and Kimijima showed no doubles specialties so they are just individual greats forced into Doubles so have to be a tiny bit better than Ochi.
    Ochi cannot drop his service game against Niou and Atobe but he can take at least one service game from Niou and Atobe with Mental Pressure.
    So we're looking at Kaji being above Niou and Atobe in Singles. Remembering Atobe couldn't return Mach serve consecutively.

So no matter what, Kaji's abilities deserve respect. For him to take out BJK!Oni and the Oni we saw looked like a got damn demon, implying Kishin Mode, Kaji has to be really strong.
    Spoiler show

The guy has no got damn pupils like Kishin Mode.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Also an interesting aspect that could point towards Kaji being defeated by Kishin!Oni is that on the volume exclusive page, he has blood on his forehead and the ball looks a bit bloody as well. It's not nearly as bad as Byoudouin's injury, but might still mean something given that it's the only injury we actually get to see.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Airgrimes... Oni always barely has pupils.

Look at his last match with Kintarou, he didn't have pupils since he started hitting 5 at once, that doesn't mean he is in "Kishin Mode" (...that exists?).

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: Saddest original G10 member?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Airgrimes... Oni always barely has pupils.

Look at his last match with Kintarou, he didn't have pupils since he started hitting 5 at once, that doesn't mean he is in "Kishin Mode" (...that exists?).
    I completely forgot.
    But like Kaoz mentioned, Kaji is bleeding in the updated version of the chapter.
    I don't think 5ball should make you bleed. I think he faced 10ball!Oni at least.

Kaji deserves some respect. He just got caught on the wrong end of the coach's weird sense of humour.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

If I have to guess, Kaji power is probably where the original #5 should be. (Original as in no hidden power)

Kishin Oni is probably #1-3, contending with Ryoga and Byoudonin.

PoP Oni, I don't know.
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 05, 2013 at 04:04 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would there be an empty spot on the original #4? It's not like the U17 camp is lacking in people. You can simply bump everyone one spot if #4 was really Irie or Tokugawa who refused to go and also refused to give up his position for whatever reason and grab a new guy as the new #20. In general the coaches don't really care about the fate of the losers. The coaches didn't care that the guys on court #2 are sent home packing by the Black Jackets even though that's not what's supposed to happen (the losers are supposed to just move down in court).

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would there be an empty spot on the original #4?
    Maybe for the same reason that they didn't replace No. 2 despite Tanegashima not going? That is, they didn't forfeit their spot like Oni did, but just decided against traveling.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Maybe for the same reason that they didn't replace No. 2 despite Tanegashima not going? That is, they didn't forfeit their spot like Oni did, but just decided against traveling.
    But since Tanegashima got introduced as the #2 when the U17 team returned, shouldn't they also re-introduce Irie or Tokugawa had they been the #4? Or at least say, 'Hey Tokugawa/Irie, sorry to let you know Byodouin picked another guy to replace you while we're overseas!' From what I can tell the badge is supposed to be unique so if #4 was Irie/Tokugawa while still having their position like Tanegashima, then the #4 badge should still be in Japan, and yet we can see Ryoga clearly has the current #4 badge.

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

I also think you can rule out Tokugawa as #4 in any case because he's only going after Byodouin so that means he wants the #1. I don't see him as a guy who settles for anything less than that. Irie could be #4 in terms of his personality/strength but his dialogue with Akiba doesn't seem right. If he's the former #4, he sure isn't getting much respect from someone who is #20, not to mention it seems kind of backwards the former #4 would be challenging the current #20 for a badge.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely they have spare badges in case one gets lost or something? And technically yes, but for the sake of tension or whatever I could see that being thrown into a flashback in the future instead.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

I don't think we know enough about Tokugawa to say he wouldn't take No. 4. As for Irie, if you look at Oni's situation, just BJK was apparently enough for No. 5 before, but in order to beat Kaji he pulled out at least part of his actual skills, so the abilities of the first string has apparently risen considerably while they were abroad.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

It at least probably raise at least a little. I assume that from this.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...04/c058/4.html
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When the U17 team came back they said if they're not careful the reserve team could've passed them up.

So the fact that some people on the reserve team could've gotten spots on the official team is nothing special in itself. Of course Tokugawa and Irie are likely good enough to be on the official team but they chose to stay behind. If they used to have a position they sure weren't introduced as the ex #4 or whatever player.

I'm pretty sure Tanegashima is supposed to have fear of flying, not just 'he didn't want to travel' so he's the only one with a legitmate reason to not go. Staying behind to train the team is all noble and cool, but as we see in Oni's case you still got to leave your badge behind. Not like that matters because if you're good enough, you can always get it back.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Fear of flying =/= Hate airplane for me. It could mean he hate because he fear it, but I just think he get drunk on airplane, so he decided not to travel. I don't think Tanegashima had a valid excuse at all.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Fear of flying =/= Hate airplane for me. It could mean he hate because he fear it, but I just think he get drunk on airplane, so he decided not to travel. I don't think Tanegashima had a valid excuse at all.
    If he just doesn't like to travel that seems like a pretty weak excuse to not travel abroad, though then again the whole U17 team seems pretty messed up anyway. I mean right now I won't be surprised if Akutsu just mugs a random G10 member that isn't good at fighting and bury them in an unmarked grave and take their badge and just said "Yeah I won this badge fair and square, that guy isn't coming back to camp" and I doubt anyone will even suspect of any wrongdoing. So in light of that I never thought it was all that weird a guy may have been stranded in a foreign country too.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

The 1st stringer tends to have the general stupid do whatever you want attitude anyhow.

Byoudonin go train off camp for a bit after he lose to Oni.
    Irie "1st stringer level" stays in camp to train people.
    Tokugawa, another "1st stringer level" also stays behind until he can beat Byoudonin.
    Oni also decide to stays in camp to train people, even leaving his title as #1 behind.
    Kimijima pretty much takes out #8 player of ALL japan, and he doesn't even get an eye blink.
    Tohno just bash around and shot ball at every loser in sight.
    Duke was #3, but he doesn't really get like he's in that high of a position. He pretty act like Byoudonin yes man.
    If #4 exist, he's stranded in another country although he used to be all hail as part of G10, the "Ultimate Army".
    I won't be at all surprise if Shuuji just stays behind because he doesn't like traveling on airplane.

Weak excuse, yes, I agree. But I think this arc as a whole is sloppy writing at best. Although I do think G10 match are rather enjoyable to read.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast