Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 99 RAW

Also a rough translation, credits to Phantron:

Spoiler show

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

Finally. I was waiting for this. TnK defeated.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this going to set the trend of TnK can only be defeated by TnK? Because I personally don't like shiny auras. I like it when Fuji defeated Muga!Kirihara and Sanada made those PoHD sparkles useless. Yukimura defeating Hyakuren and PoHD combined is also awesome.

But Konomi tend to pair off fellow aura user in a match (Kintarou and Oni) and non-aura users in another, though (Marui-Kite vs Tohno-Kimijima). He also tend to do that with power players.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I don't think much of Byoudonin as too much of a bad guys. I don't see much bad stuff from him today anyways.

I just don't get why he suddenly throw a ball at Ryoma. But other than that, his action is pretty alright.
    That's funny because I remember you complaining about how horrible he was before and how bad you thought he was for serving at Tokugawa.
    I've always been a Byoudouin & Ryoga fan,
    Also we have had Schoolers behave like assholes on and off court like Byoudouin in the past anyway.

Nobody is mentioning how much Ryoga was an asshole after he hit the very same shot at Akutsu's face for pretty much no reason.
    Akutsu would have been floored like Tokugawa was if Ryoma didn't intervene.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisMeade View Post
    Is this going to set the trend of TnK can only be defeated by TnK? Because I personally don't like shiny auras. I like it when Fuji defeated Muga!Kirihara and Sanada made those PoHD sparkles useless. Yukimura defeating Hyakuren and PoHD combined is also awesome.

But Konomi tend to pair off fellow aura user in a match (Kintarou and Oni) and non-aura users in another, though (Marui-Kite vs Tohno-Kimijima). He also tend to do that with power players.
    The only time an aura was awesome, (and I'm sure everyone will agree with me) was in the Sanada vs Echizen match when Sanada was all "There are only three people who have that....Chitose from Kyushu, our Captain... and... ME!" *Aura explodes all badass as the reader is left mindblown*

Man, Konomi was at the top of his game writing that match.

As for TnK, since Konomi is being way too generous with it, TnK vs TnK will simply be normal matches at a higher level of play. The only option I see now is "free chocolate pudding for everyone." Konomi will most likely be handing out custom auras to other players.
    Last edited by Fayte; April 03, 2013 at 09:01 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    That's funny because I remember you complaining about how horrible he was before and how bad you thought he was for serving at Tokugawa.
    I've always been a Byoudouin & Ryoga fan,
    Also we have had Schoolers behave like assholes on and off court like Byoudouin in the past anyway.

Nobody is mentioning how much Ryoga was an asshole after he hit the very same shot at Akutsu's face for pretty much no reason.
    Akutsu would have been floored like Tokugawa was if Ryoma didn't intervene.
    Hence the "I just don't get why he suddenly throw a ball at Ryoma" part. I don't get that part at all.

It goes against what he do today. Do he have personal grudge against Ryoma or something?
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 03, 2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't expect Kintarou to lose this badly to be honest, I expected Oni to win but not that easily, at least Kintarou should have won a set, but hey, Oni said at the end "come back when you're stronger", I wonder how Konomi will make Kintarou stronger if he has 10 ball and TnK. He will get his revenge in the future.

They should let Kintarou be in the G10 and not in the No.11-20. Kintarou is the strongest by far from all of them, even Irie and Yukimura would have no chance right now at defeating Kintarou (Irie shouldn't be stronger than the top 5, at least as strong as Oomagari). Also, TnK is hax and the boost is massive, so probably more players will get it as it's an aura that now Tezuka, Kintarou and Oni also have.

So it's 3 wins for HS in a row and one win for MS. I hope Sanada and Akutsu win and that Black Aura is as strong or even stronger than TnK.

Byodouin wasn't even amazed by this match, I don't know how powerful he'll be but godlike for sure.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; April 03, 2013 at 11:10 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanada & Akutsu a new pair. Quite same style of play, though Sanada is non violent. Cant wait for Black Aura. Im guessing a win for MSers. Since they lost 3 in a row.

Ryoga & Byodouin next. I think Yuki & Koshimae is going to play. I wonder why weak MSers like Marui, Kite & Gin(may not be weak but lost to Taka-san haha) played. Fuji, Shiraishi & Kirihara should've played in their place.
    I have a bad feeling that Yuki will loose against Ryoga.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yukikuranoske View Post
    Finally. I was waiting for this. TnK defeated.
    TnK was defeated by TnK... I still don't like that.

Thanks Phantrom btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind ever since the G10 matches started we're seeing less of the tradtional games where people drop 20+ points in a row and then score 20+ points in a row. In particular, the serve is now an overwhelming advantage just like it is in real life.

Oni can return TnK without TnK, so obviously TnK Oni > TnK Kintaro by a considerable margin. But since the overall score is 6-1 that means Kintaro still won his serve. Note that Oni didn't need TnK to return TnK, though it looks like TnK activates itself when the criteria are met, and at any rate TnK is certainly the cheapest special aura to maintain (absolutely no side effects) so there's no reason to not use TnK if you have it.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    TnK was defeated by TnK... I still don't like that.

Thanks Phantrom btw.
    Oni returned the TnK server normally, presumably with just Kishin aura. There was no Super Saiyan aura when he returned Kinatro's TnK serve.

He then activated TnK probably because TnK activates itself whenever the criterias are met. I take Fuji's comment to be more like "Oni can use TnK anytime he faced a worthy opponent", and that the only reason he didn't have it earlier was because nobody was worthy until this point (Byodouin might be an exception as I think Oni simply doesn't like his style of deathmatch tennis).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All hail Oni. I never doubted that he would win the match, although I thought Kintarou might win at least a couple of games before Oni fully crushed him. It's great to see the more interesting character winning, and showing that Tenimuhou isn't an auto-win condition.

Looking forward now to seeing what Sanada and Akutsu can do together. The challengers have lost a lot of momentum in these last few matches, so they'll need to come up with some way to change that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you look at how strong the serve is in this particular game the 6-3 6-1 score is not surprising. Oni can return winner on TnK without TnK and Kintaro can't react to it, so we're looking at TnK Oni > Kishin Oni >= TnK Kintaro. But TnK Kintaro still held his serve, which means just having the serve was enough for him to get a game off someone who is still a lot stronger than he is.

So of course when TnK Oni serves there's no way he's losing his serve and since he's up 5-1, the game ends immediately at 6-1.

I'd expect if they started over you'd be looking at Oni winning with something like 6-3 6-4 because it doesn't look like TnK Kintaro can break TnK Oni's serve, while TnK Oni definitely will break TnK Kintaro's serve eventually.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I will say, there is like a 0% chance of Sanada and Akutsu losing their match, based on the evidence. Sanada is rebounding off a loss with an aura that everyone has been waiting to see since like chapter 5, and Akutsu has been hyped up a LOT. There is no way in hell these two are losing. Shuuji is going to show us some major skills, and his partner is going to be another Mouri.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It'd be a refreshing change of pace if Akutsu and Sanada just bulldozed their opponent 6-0 6-0, though I assume this match is going to do your standard 'amazing comeback' type.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I will say, there is like a 0% chance of Sanada and Akutsu losing their match, based on the evidence. Sanada is rebounding off a loss with an aura that everyone has been waiting to see since like chapter 5, and Akutsu has been hyped up a LOT. There is no way in hell these two are losing. Shuuji is going to show us some major skills, and his partner is going to be another Mouri.
    Or maybe the same Atobe-Niou thing will happen. They win, but one of them is seriously injured. Or in Marui-Kite, when they lose, but one of them get the badge. Based on the 'hypothetical' U-17 picture in the 7th tankobon, the ones that are there are: Ryoma, Sanada, Atobe, Marui, Shiraishi, Kenya, and Fuji. So far, three out of seven are confirmed to be a part of top 20. I have close to 0% doubt of Sanada being a part of the Top 10, but Akutsu, not so much. Looking at his personality, it's even possible they win the match but he's not interested in being a part of the camp anymore. Since his primary goal is to get revenge on Ryoma.

Btw the image in question:

New Reply
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast