Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

It is unknown that Marui actually got the badge or not. Tohno was say by the G10 to be "The guy who won't let it end like this". Not to mention that he actually won in his match, and so technically, he should still keep his position. If Tohno doesn't get it, then Niou most likely didn't get it too.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    It is unknown that Marui actually got the badge or not. Tohno was say by the G10 to be "The guy who won't let it end like this". Not to mention that he actually won in his match, and so technically, he should still keep his position. If Tohno doesn't get it, then Niou most likely didn't get it too.
    I'm sure Tohno was ambushed and consequently buried in an unmarked grave next to the former #4 and Kaji when he attempted to go get medical treatment.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I'm sure Tohno was ambushed and consequently buried in an unmarked grave next to the former #4 and Kaji when he attempted to go get medical treatment.
    Considering Hakamada has healed from his injuries in what was only... Yesterday in the series?
    Kaji will be okay in some days.
    But considering Kimijima wanted Tohno's knee hit so badly, I don't think Tohno will simply recover in a few days like the rest of the Schoolers in PoT do.
    I think Tohno will be out for a few weeks and miss the next Top20 draft list.
    Then Tohno will come out of nowhere and sabotage Kimijima's career.

I seriously think this will happen.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Considering Hakamada has healed from his injuries in what was only... Yesterday in the series?
    Kaji will be okay in some days.
    But considering Kimijima wanted Tohno's knee hit so badly, I don't think Tohno will simply recover in a few days like the rest of the Schoolers in PoT do.
    I think Tohno will be out for a few weeks and miss the next Top20 draft list.
    Then Tohno will come out of nowhere and sabotage Kimijima's career.

I seriously think this will happen.
    I can see Tohno showing up in the internationals on the opposing team against Kimijima, and it'd be like he teamed up with the opposing team's guy known as "The Diplomat" who will get him back on the Japanese team if he won this match. Things like not being a citizen of whatever country Japan is playing against is no problem because Japan's enemies are just uber like that.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that Tohno recovers before this arc ends and beats the shit out of Kimikima.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    I hope that Tohno recovers before this arc ends and beats the shit out of Kimikima.
    Except Tohno's no 8 and Kimijima is no 7.

There's two exception to 1st stringer no not based on power rule, and those are made clear to the reader.

#4 Ryoga, pick up from aboard.

#5 Oni, due to sealing off his Kishin form.

Tohno power up of some kind would have been cool, though. He's rip off of Kirihara as a playstyle. But well, I like him.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Except Tohno's no 8 and Kimijima is no 7.

There's two exception to 1st stringer no not based on power rule, and those are made clear to the reader.

#4 Ryoga, pick up from aboard.

#5 Oni, due to sealing off his Kishin form.

Tohno power up of some kind would have been cool, though. He's rip off of Kirihara as a playstyle. But well, I like him.
    I wasn't talking about tennis...

Like really, I want Tohno to go Akutsu and just rip Kimijima's head off. I don't like them, but I dislike Kimijima more, and he deserves some punches.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't talking about tennis...

Like really, I want Tohno to go Akutsu and just rip Kimijima's head off. I don't like them, but I dislike Kimijima more, and he deserves some punches.
    Oh, I see. Lol. I could see that happening. There's more to life than just tennis, after all.

I like Kimijima as a character, though. I hope not.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I see. Lol. I could see that happening. There's more to life than just tennis, after all.

I like Kimijima as a character, though. I hope not.
    Exactly! I think Kimijima did Japanese Tennis a favor. Tohno was in theory an asshole who played tennis in a way that ended careers.
    I can relate to Kimijima, he was sick of his friend playing such a horrible tennis and knew an injury is the only way to make him learn.
    I'm a Kimijima fan.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Exactly! I think Kimijima did Japanese Tennis a favor. Tohno was in theory an asshole who played tennis in a way that ended careers.
    I can relate to Kimijima, he was sick of his friend playing such a horrible tennis and knew an injury is the only way to make him learn.
    I'm a Kimijima fan.
    What about Atobe? He wanted to end with Tezuka's carreer in Kanto cause "it'll be fun" yet almost everyone loves him (I'm an example).

Kimijima is a good player that (contrary to the other tricksters) tricks people outside of the court. I don't like that, at all.

+ sideburns look really bad in anyone

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Atobe? He wanted to end with Tezuka's carreer in Kanto cause "it'll be fun" yet almost everyone loves him (I'm an example).

Kimijima is a good player that (contrary to the other tricksters) tricks people outside of the court. I don't like that, at all.

+ sideburns look really bad in anyone

atobe became a good guy and became tezuka's friend after seeing how tough, competitive and the resolve tezuka showed to his team by self sacrificing.
    there's a certain level of respect one has when u give it all you got and a match challenges your own abilities; soime kind of male bonding occurs.

i think atobe, wanted to be tezuka friend not the other way around , but i guess they became tennis friends.

in kantou match, atobe is the bad guy, but at the end of the match, i'm sure people didnt see him as that bad.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

So? Maybe Tohno hasn't met his Tezuka yet, how does it make Kimijima a ¨better person¨? The bastard didn't give a shit about his team mates and instead of just talking to his pair he went to some a random Ms pair and told one of them to break his knee (and fooled the other one, btw).

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

So if someone was shooting gun at people, and someone try to stop that act, the person who attempt to stop the act is not a better person? I'm not sure if I got that logic. They're top doubles pair in all Japan representative, and it look like they've been playing together for a while, what makes you think Kimijima hasn't try to talk to him already.

I think it looks like Kimijima is a better person than, say, Rikkai team. That team just watch Kirihara slaughter his opponent and haven't even try to do a thing to make him stop.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

The end justifies the means? no.

If a person is shooting people and some random dude comes and kills him, then the random dude is a killer too... dunno what are you trying to explain with that.

It's never said that Kimijima, the damn negotiator that could convince anyone of punching their mothers, talked even once with Tohno trying to change his style.If we're gonna just guess, then I'll say that it's highly likely that Kimijima is just scared of Tohno, what makes you think that he isn't scared at all?

What makes me think that he didn't try to convince him? I didn't see him trying to stop his partner at all when they both played against Marui / Kite, I think that's enough.

Again, Atobe was exactly as cold blooded and bastardish (?) as Tohno, until the match against Tezuka changed him, and no one pointed a gun towards Atobe in Kanto.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Atobe isn't the guy who didn't take care of his body to the point where it'd break down in the middle of a match. Unlike Sanada he didn't fall for the trick where Tezuka bribed a few guys to start shouting 'dirty player' and stick to his plan. It's not like he was trying to purposely attack Tezuka's body. He was still playing normal tennis but just stalling longer than he normally would. It's not even clear if his strategy was really that good of an idea. He was behind 5-6 with his strategy until Tezuka's shoulder broke down. Perhaps he could've been ahead 6-5 if he didn't squander all the opportunities to draw out the match? If this is dirty then so is Kaidoh's strategy of wearing the opponent down. Heck anybody with an endurance advantage is a dirty player for taking advantage of the fact that they can outlast their opponent.

In the case of Tohno he's no doubt a jerk but I don't see him executing or backstabbing his ally. I see no indication that Kimijima is actually offended by Tohno's style (he didn't have any strong thoughts on Kite or Marui getting executed). I guess in his case it's kind of like how they say Yanagi can play doubles with anyone, even the devil, so he partners with Kirihara, without realizing that just because you can play doubles with the devil doesn't mean that's something you want to do. Still, Kimijima is the negotiator so he should negotiate for a different doubles partner.
    Last edited by Phantron; April 04, 2013 at 10:29 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast