Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Atobe isn't the guy who didn't take care of his body to the point where it'd break down in the middle of a match. Unlike Sanada he didn't fall for the trick where Tezuka bribed a few guys to start shouting 'dirty player' and stick to his plan. It's not like he was trying to purposely attack Tezuka's body.
    Let it go Phantron...
    Sanada won fair and square, they only said that because Sanada didn't play by his personal motto... Sanada still has his respect and fear anyway.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; April 05, 2013 at 03:22 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    The end justifies the means? no.

If a person is shooting people and some random dude comes and kills him, then the random dude is a killer too... dunno what are you trying to explain with that.
    Except that the random dude that comes and kills him in real life wouldn't be a killer by the law. He'll just be the dude that helps the victim. The only person that'll go to jail when it's all over would be the shooting dude, assuming he's alive.

It's never said that Kimijima, the damn negotiator that could convince anyone of punching their mothers, talked even once with Tohno trying to change his style.If we're gonna just guess, then I'll say that it's highly likely that Kimijima is just scared of Tohno, what makes you think that he isn't scared at all?

What makes me think that he didn't try to convince him? I didn't see him trying to stop his partner at all when they both played against Marui / Kite, I think that's enough.
    What makes you think he's scared, then?

Kimijima doesn't stop Tohno directly because he was setting up negotiation to stop Tohno from doing it. He's already stopping Tohno.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...08/c089/4.html

He's stopping Tohno from breaking the fortress here.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...8/c090/11.html

Does this look like he's scared? More like he's piss off.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...8/c090/25.html

He's also stopping him here.

Again, Atobe was exactly as cold blooded and bastardish (?) as Tohno, until the match against Tezuka changed him, and no one pointed a gun towards Atobe in Kanto.
    He's obviously better now. You should compare Tohno more to Kirihara. Kirihara crush a lot of players and Rikkai member don't even try to keep him off the court. That's even worse.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Except that the random dude that comes and kills him in real life wouldn't be a killer by the law. He'll just be the dude that helps the victim. The only person that'll go to jail when it's all over would be the shooting dude, assuming he's alive.
    I dunno wtf is wrong with the police in your country then.

He's not really stopping him, as Tohno just keeps on going with his moves after that. 0 talking between them that indicates that Kimijima ever tried to change Tohno. You also have some pages like this one

http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/5523/...?v=11352787123

Where Kimijima calls him "Tohno-kun", as if he was close to him. If he was that close, couldn't he just talk to him instead of just making some Ms break his knee? he isn't just a jerk, he's a hypocritical jerk.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno wtf is wrong with the police in your country then.
    So you can't even protect someone from getting hurt in your country? I don't know what's wrong with the police in your country, then.

It's action. Why does people have to directly confront someone who's violent and don't mind hitting other people? Action speaks louder than word. And Kimijima act to stop Tohno.

It's much better than all HS and MS that are watching the match and like, hey, they are killing each other. Let's just grab some chips and enjoy the slaughter.
    Last edited by -Ken-; April 05, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I can't go out to the street and shoot people, no matter how dangerous they are, sorry.

Action speaks louder than words? How? Tohno didn't knew that his partner wanted him to stop, at all. Even more, Kimijima was like "let me handle it and lob, you keep doing your thing".

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I can't go out to the street and shoot people, no matter how dangerous they are, sorry.

Action speaks louder than words? How? Tohno didn't knew that his partner wanted him to stop, at all. Even more, Kimijima was like "let me handle it and lob, you keep doing your thing".
    I feel bad for all people that got crush by dangerous people in your country then.

Anyways, Kimijima >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all people there, including referee, that doesn't even try to stop the match. Obviously, they are horrible people who just watch and enjoy the match while Kimijima got blame for trying to stop violence action.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimijima is by no means an angel or a saint.
    He's pretty bad for his negotiations, but Tohno was just a complete and utter asshole.
    Kimijima is the one who says it will be too much for your opponents, yet Tohno then claims he needs a "a bloodbath".
    That there should end the discussion about who is worse. The man who wants a "a bloodbath" out of his opponents in ANY Sports situation is the bad guy.

I think Kimijima just has an image as a Teenage idol to protect, so he can't be partnered with a guy who ends careers or just likes scarring and severely injuring his opponents.
    Tohno actually says things like "Let's get on with the Execution", he was a fun character sure, but he is a contender for one of the biggest assholes in the series.
    Above Kimijima.

Let's put it this way. If I see some kids while I'm on the street and one kid is bullying 9 other smaller kids, I think the kid who backstabs the guy and hurts him to stop him from hurting a 10th kid especially when its clear he fully intended to is better than the bully.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that Sanada and Akutsu completely destroy Shuuji and Oomagari just for the sake of MS and because they really need to win after being defeated in three matches in a row.

Yukimura might play against Byodouin as all the challengers are MS or Ryoma comes in after learning some tricks from Ryoga.

About Kimijima, he just made a deal for the sake of the G10, Tohno was a violent player and they couldn't tolerate that, but again I hope Tohno comes back but gets utterly beaten because he's just a bastard that was constantly talking about bloodbaths and violence.

Like they said "it's not the kind of guy who will let it end it like this" It would be nice if he comes back and gets beaten again.

Is possible that Marui plays in his position? Or temporarily replaces him?
    Last edited by LetalHawk; April 07, 2013 at 07:00 AM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

The badge was at his feet, but Marui and Kite got shut down and lost.
    So I can't see why Marui would get the badge. It would be cool if he did though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Yukimura would go against Byoudouin, since he's to be cavorted off to US. Top of my mind, either Tokugawa or Ryoma or (based on the recent cover) Fuji. The latter's chance is incredibly low, though.

And I do think Marui got the badge.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuji would need an insane power up to make a somewhat decent opponent for Byoudouin or Ryoga. Frankly, I can't think of any MSer who would be fit to play in either of those matches outside Ryoma and Yukimura.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuji as much as I'd like too, won't play yet and I see either Yukimura or Ryoma playing, with Yukimura losing or Ryoma winning

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Fuji as much as I'd like too, won't play yet and I see either Yukimura or Ryoma playing, with Yukimura losing or Ryoma winning
    This is what I hate about the shuffle system. If Ryoma wins, that means Byoudouin is OUT. And Byoudouin is certainly stronger than 90% of the Top 20.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisMeade View Post
    This is what I hate about the shuffle system. If Ryoma wins, that means Byoudouin is OUT. And Byoudouin is certainly stronger than 90% of the Top 20.
    That's why I think Konomi messed up by rushing things to get to this arc.
    its too soon for MSers to be replacing the Top 5 especially after we haven't even seen the Top5 in action (except Oni).
    We're going to have Tanegashima lose his first match and probably his last match.

Konomi was better off letting us get a few panels of the Top10 beating the Best HSers of the 2nd String.

Something I've always wondered, had the No.11-20 not gotten replaced by MSers, would Oni have still kicked Kaji's ass?
    Or would he have just played against Tanegashima or Duke in Singles like we expected?
    Or would he have positioned himself to just wipe Kaji during the HS 2nd String VS HS 1st Shuffle

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Fuji would need an insane power up to make a somewhat decent opponent for Byoudouin or Ryoga. Frankly, I can't think of any MSer who would be fit to play in either of those matches outside Ryoma and Yukimura.
    Considering tiers... (without counting players that have played twice or are having a match right now...)

S Tier (could play right now)
    Echizen Ryoma

A Tier (need an upgrade)
    Yukimura Seiichi (wasn't he leaving?)
    Irie Kanata
    Atobe Keigo

B Tier (need a HUGE upgrade)
    Fuji Shuusuke
    Chitose Senri
    Shiraishi Kuranosuke
    Tachibana Kippei

...and Tokugawa

Unless Konomi makes a player like Kirihara (Konomi pls), Kaidoh or Sengoku ( ) a godlike character, there aren't really many players that can face the top 5.

Also, people are still thinking that this could be a no Hs selection? For some reason, I can still see that (even though Kimijima, Duke and Oni have their places in the team).

New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast