Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 155

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #91
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    yea but shuji cant walk on water or be hit over large bodies of water.

  2. #92
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    Or they can just give him a sleeping pills and have him sleep for the whole trip on the plane. Or ship him off on the ship early so they can have a good player aboard.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  3. #93
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with Shuuji/Sanada in a situation similar to Kimijima/Marui. I don't think Shuuji will try to get Ohmagari killed in the same way, but Ohmagari and Akutsu can both lose and Shuuji/Sanada can end up as the pair.

    Spoiler show

  4. #94
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse
    I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with Shuuji/Sanada in a situation similar to Kimijima/Marui. I don't think Shuuji will try to get Ohmagari killed in the same way, but Ohmagari and Akutsu can both lose and Shuuji/Sanada can end up as the pair.
    If Sanada absolutely HAD to have a partner, I think Shuuji would be a great choice. I'm just hoping Sanada doesn't get put in doubles for the remainder of the series. I have a fear he will get paired up with Atobe for the final team selection. Sanada being good at not only singles, but doubles, scares me. I know if Konomi has to make a sacrifice, he will.

  5. #95
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    If Sanada absolutely HAD to have a partner, I think Shuuji would be a great choice. I'm just hoping Sanada doesn't get put in doubles for the remainder of the series. I have a fear he will get paired up with Atobe for the final team selection. Sanada being good at not only singles, but doubles, scares me. I know if Konomi has to make a sacrifice, he will.
    Why the hell would Tanegashima be a good partner for Sanada? They have nothing in common and we have no idea how Tanegashima plays...
    I don't want Sanada in Doubles however. I really don't. But I guess nobody does.

    I can think of a lot of players besides Tanegashima who would be better suited.
    I'm suspicious about MSer/HSer pairs. I don't see them happening.
    I think there is more to come from the possible Kimijima/Marui. I doubt it'll last.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #96
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Why the hell would Tanegashima be a good partner for Sanada? They have nothing in common and we have no idea how Tanegashima plays...
    I don't want Sanada in Doubles however. I really don't. But I guess nobody does.

    I can think of a lot of players besides Tanegashima who would be better suited.
    I'm suspicious about MSer/HSer pairs. I don't see them happening.
    I think there is more to come from the possible Kimijima/Marui. I doubt it'll last.
    There's always the chance that Shuuji/Ohmagari win and Sanada becomes Atobe's partner.

    The problem is that you have a lot of people who need to singles. Oni, Ryoma, Kintarou (assuming he gets a spot somehow, maybe he takes out Duke), and one of Ryoga/Byoudouin will occupy the four G10 singles spots. In fact, we don't even know how it really works. You'd think that Kaji was Ohmagari's partner, but once Oni came back, he played singles, and Shuuji got shafted down into doubles.

    Spoiler show

  8. #97
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    Of course Sanada can play double well just because he's a top tier player and he's capable of playing virtually any style of tennis. That said given Sanada's personality he probably doesn't get along well with anyone who is slacking off.

  9. #98
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    I tried to make a prediction about the future 1st string, but honestly I have no idea wtf is Konomi thinking. I simply can't see Akutsu (if he pairs with Sanada he'll surely win) giving 2 shits about the camp (neither Ryoga). Those might be Fuji and Shiraishi's spots.

    No one will beat Oni (if Kintarou didn't, no one has the right to do it) he might give his spot though (same with Irie).

    Ryoma will be the number 1, Sanada number 2, Kimijima will get destroyed by Tohno and someone will get his spot (Kirihara?), Kikumaru will be the 15th (I don't like the idea but it's the most likely thing to happen).

    Number 13, 14 and 11 are a mystery (Yuki will leave and Kaba was dq), maybe those are Tachibana's, Chitose's and Kaidoh's spots, Duke will be forced to play or something will happen to him because his boss lost. Inui deserves a place but for some reason he let Yanagi get the No. 17 place. Kite and Tanishi had lots of screen time, they kinda deserve it too.

    After that, Saeki will come in a helicopter and will lead the forgotten bros to victory (Sengoku and Yuushi will be his No. 2 and 3).
    Last edited by Hardy; April 26, 2013 at 03:23 PM.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #99
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Why the hell would Tanegashima be a good partner for Sanada? They have nothing in common and we have no idea how Tanegashima plays...
    I don't want Sanada in Doubles however. I really don't. But I guess nobody does.

    I can think of a lot of players besides Tanegashima who would be better suited.
    I'm suspicious about MSer/HSer pairs. I don't see them happening.
    I think there is more to come from the possible Kimijima/Marui. I doubt it'll last.
    Why the hell do you have such a strong opinion against a character who was never shown playing tennis? You can't make any argument to say he WOULDN'T be a good partner.

  12. #100
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    You can't make any argument to say he WOULDN'T be a good partner.
    He likes to steal water bottles, that's enough for me.

  13. #101
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    I like Kaidoh and Sanada training together in that area. Sanada seemed like a wise father one moment, a fucking scary child the next.

    KIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

  14. #102
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Why the hell do you have such a strong opinion against a character who was never shown playing tennis? You can't make any argument to say he WOULDN'T be a good partner.
    The question is why the hell do you have such a strong opinion for their partnership for that very reason?
    Its just your strong opinion is baseless. I don't have an opinion if Tanegashima can work with Sanada. Its just that there is nothing to suggest he can work well with him. We've only see him steal his Water bottle.
    I don't know about you, but I reckon stealing someone's water bottle is a bad start on being their doubles partner.

    Its like saying Ohmagari would be a great doubles partner for Sanada. We've seen nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    No one will beat Oni (if Kintarou didn't, no one has the right to do it) he might give his spot though (same with Irie).
    Wait what? Lol a bit far. Oni can be defeated by doubt he will.
    Kintaro will probably return to his position as weaker than at least 4 MSers like at the Nationals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Duke will be forced to play or something will happen to him because his boss lost. Inui deserves a place but for some reason he let Yanagi get the No. 17 place. Kite and Tanishihad lots of screen time, they kinda deserve it too.
    That's enough Hardy.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; April 27, 2013 at 03:02 PM.

  15. #103
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Wait what? Lol a bit far. Oni can be defeated by doubt he will.
    Kintaro will probably return to his position as weaker than at least 4 MSers like at the Nationals.


    That's enough Hardy.
    Honestly, who deserves it more than Kintarou? That game was his rematch against Oni, he was in the spotlight (finally) he even achieved Teni Muho no Kiwami in their match... I mean (I don't like Tooyama lol) but no one deserved to beat Oni more than him.

    Same thing with Tanishi. I DON'T LIKE HIM AT ALL (ranking them by ability, he's prolly the 4th or 5th Higa player) but he had lots of screentime. Everytime the revolution crap guys appeared, he was there. He was the one that returned the Hs balls when they came back to the camp (it was 4 at once?), he's not even fat anymore... I'm not expecting him to be a top 10, but if he became the No. 20 I wouldn't be surprised.
    Last edited by Hardy; April 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM.

  16. #104
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Honestly, who deserves it more than Kintarou? That game was his rematch against Oni, he was in the spotlight (finally) he even achieved Teni Muho no Kiwami in their match... I mean (I don't like Tooyama lol) but no one deserved to beat Oni more than him.

    Same thing with Tanishi. I DON'T LIKE HIM AT ALL (ranking them by ability, he's prolly the 4th or 5th Higa player) but he had lots of screentime. Everytime the revolution crap guys appeared, he was there. He was the one that returned the Hs balls when they came back to the camp (it was 4 at once?), he's not even fat anymore... I'm not expecting him to be a top 10, but if he became the No. 20 I wouldn't be surprised.
    Read chapter 69 and magically he's fat again

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #105
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 99 Discussion/Predictions

    Oh yeah I forgot about that...

    Well I can't really blame him, he couldn't resist the camp's food

  19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts