Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: How did you find the chap this week ?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boring

2 1.22%
  • Average

13 7.93%
  • Good

34 20.73%
  • Great

73 44.51%
  • Epic

40 24.39%
  • Top 10 in One Piece

2 1.22%
New Reply
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 705 Discussion/ 706 Predictions

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lostromos's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 705 Discussion/ 706 Predictions

I have a feeling we will see Moria on this Arc , coming back for revenge

2. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Avid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    That's a very interesting point. We can be sure that CP-0 is not on the island to capture Doflamingo - that's Fujitora's job - but for some unknown reasons related to the very special relationship they enjoy with the former Shichibukai. We must keep in mind Doflamingo was involved into secret topics with the World Government.

The first thing that comes to my mind is that these guys came to Dressrosa to kill him: they don't want the Marines to capture him because they fear he may be able to tell something about the secret work he did for them. As an external agent who turned his back on the WG, that would be logical.

It's also possible CP-0 came to protect Doflamingo from Fujitora and will help him escape so that they can keep using him. He left the Shichibukai because he had no choice and is now an official enemy of the WG - Marines have to run after me - but they could still consider his position as a secret business partner.

In any case, if we think about, Doflamingo was probably used by WG because of his powerful influence and position as an underworld broker. It makes sense to me for hidden agencies to make use of the Shichibukai as Joker and not Doflamingo. If it was just about strenght and dirty stuff, I think CP-0 would be enough.

We must remember that the WG officer who met Doflamingo at Mariejois did not want him to leave the Shichibukai. Doflamingo told him he could leave when he wants: he used that as a threat to tell him not to speak to him as he was his subordinate. So WG have serious/long-term interests with Doflamingo's doings.

Wouldn't it make sense that with all his intel the WG knew about Joker - not sure about smiles and Vergo though - and used him to give the New World kingdoms weapons so that they fight each other? They could have created the Joker to interfere in secret with geopolitical stuff in the New World.

That's what states do in real life and since Oda has been highlighting the underworld and the fights between countries since the beginning of Punk Hazard arc, I think it makes perfect sense. Maybe WG create chaos and wars so that these countries ask to enter the World Government and get their Pax Romana. What do you think?
    That's definitely a theory worth considering. He would run the arms race between the Yonkou even higher and weaken them enough for the WG to move. It actually already plays into the Shichibukai job description of claiming territory for the WG. They might be letting the marines pursue Mingo because they want to maintain his underworld involvement, despite their likely confusion about his resignation. They may have sent CP0 to find out what's up and intervene if necessary to protect Mingo's value as an asset. This also begs forth questions about Law and if he knows this and is actually plotting to make use of all of it. So far he's probably the biggest troublemaker of his generation. Luffy might be steadfast about his friends and his prized freedom, but he's not setting anybody up. He's just handling what comes up. Law is actually manipulating all of the major players into some very uncomfortable positions.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone posted about this:

"Originally Posted by Aohige_AP
    Btw, Bartolomeo may be based on the same pirate as Ace.
    Bartolomeu Portugues. And he's after Mera Mera.

Sorta like BB, WB, and Thatch were all based on the same pirate, and BB ended up taking the other two's fruits.
    Possible parallels in theme there, Oda."

?

So it would seem that Oda would make Bartolomeo get that fruit in some way, with Luffy letting it happen willingly.

5. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    So it would seem that Oda would make Bartolomeo get that fruit in some way, with Luffy letting it happen willingly.
    Or unwillingly.

Still, Bartolomeo could end up being a nice guy. Luffy was also called a crazy rookie or something like that. People who don't know much about him think he's an 8 meter giant, ffs.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Or unwillingly.

Still, Bartolomeo could end up being a nice guy. Luffy was also called a crazy rookie or something like that. People who don't know much about him think he's an 8 meter giant, ffs.
    For me last line from this chapter "This guy is.. bad!" or something like this means that in fact its opposite He actually just beaten up bully-type character in this chapter so nothing points to him being some "bad" guy. If Oda would go and give Bartolomeo fire logia then he has to be shown as worthy of it- being one of good or at least neutral people is first step towards this.
    As for unwilingly- for me Luffy after time skip is shaping up to be absolute top pirate from young generation of pirates. Even if Burgess was said to be beast in strength I would still say that Luffy has a chance of winning with him without using rubber fruit.
    He is gifted when it comes to fighting, had best teacher for two years. He is at least at level that Ace shown before death. So that would make him be able to fight with Doflamingo same way he defeated Lucci and have any hope of fighting and not loosing nakamas when it comes to Emperors.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Bartolomeo obviously is Sabo,
    Oda was asked if Sabo was dead, and answered: Yes.
    If he didn't it would have been too obvious that he's alive.

Maybe Sabo died and Bartholomeo was born.

10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arkadi View Post
    Bartolomeo obviously is Sabo,
    Oda was asked if Sabo was dead, and answered: Yes.
    If he didn't it would have been too obvious that he's alive.

Maybe Sabo died and Bartholomeo was born.
    Well I dont understand your point/post but still I do think that this picture might be good reply to it

"In this picture of Ace's and Whitebeard's graves from chapter 668 cover page left you see the cleaned version which was included with the tankobon format of One Piece, right one is from the jump in which the texts were covering an important part of the picture: the three cups in front of Ace's grave." I took it from here http://allmangareviews.blogspot.com/...a-hinting.html
    Last edited by vagabond87; April 12, 2013 at 06:40 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Not every single marine officer could have been there during the war. Fujitora either had some important mission/position which couldn't be left (we know WG has a lot of projects around the world), or, as someone suggested on one of previous pages (can't remember), he was retired then brought back to service after Sengoku, Garp and Aokiji left.
    Vergo wasn't there either,they likely had to protect the bases in the new world (those VA should be the strongest ones). The one defeated by Bartolomeo was likely a weak VA... Btw,it's nice the hypothesis of isshou being retired,thigh that doesn't fit entirely: there are old marines too,such as tsuru,who were still VAs

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Vergo wasn't there either,they likely had to protect the bases in the new world (those VA should be the strongest ones). The one defeated by Bartolomeo was likely a weak VA... Btw,it's nice the hypothesis of isshou being retired,thigh that doesn't fit entirely: there are old marines too,such as tsuru,who were still VAs
    Well age is not the most important factor. Sengoku and Garp both wanted to retire for their own reasons. Fujitora could have, for example, left his position when he became blind, in order to learn to live without sight, or to train to overcome his weakness. Or maybe he didn't have that devil fruit (well, I'm assuming it's devil fruit) 2 years ago, who knows. There could be plenty of reasons why he wasn't on Marineford.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realized sabo was confirmed dead in one of the databooks. Thats a real shame, I really wanted sabo to be alive and a revolutionary. I guess that leaves the question of who it was that dragon found at sea during the flashback though. Perhaps it was sabo but he didn't survive anyways? It could be an interesting plot point in the future once luffy and dragon meet... I doubt oda is going to take a figurative approach to what was said in the databook and make it so that "sabo the pirate" died and "sabo the revolutionary" was born....

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, even if Oda has stated that Sabo is dead already..
    He can always pulls an " Oh I thought he is dead " in the SBS..

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don AcE View Post
    Well, even if Oda has stated that Sabo is dead already..
    He can always pulls an " Oh I thought he is dead " in the SBS..
    We can only hope.... Seriously, what was the point of that panel where they said dragon kinda saved someone if sabo is dead? Not seeing sabo as a revolutionary will be a real shame...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    why didnt fujitora arrest luffy???
    i am pretty sure he spared luffy because he realized luffy wasnt all that bad, because luffy had just helped him with the gambling situation
    remember fuji saying something like "its best for you and i that i dont tell you that" , also take in to account that when fuji went to make his move at the tournament, he asked how many people were around, because he was more concerned with protecting the citizens than capturing their objective, fuji said something like "before counting the number of enemies, shouldnt we count the number of people we need to protect?" which surprised the marine next to him

this tells me that unlike akainu fujitora is much like aokiji, in that he has a TRUE sense of justice, and doesnt just "follow orders"

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Well age is not the most important factor. Sengoku and Garp both wanted to retire for their own reasons. Fujitora could have, for example, left his position when he became blind, in order to learn to live without sight, or to train to overcome his weakness. Or maybe he didn't have that devil fruit (well, I'm assuming it's devil fruit) 2 years ago, who knows. There could be plenty of reasons why he wasn't on Marineford.
    what some people forget is that the marines also patrol the seas in the oceans outside of the grand line, so perhaps fujitora was a vice admiral that just wasnt stationed on the grand line

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think fujitora is anything like aokiji... Aokiji as a whole seems undecisive as a whole, I get the impression he is unsure of where he stands and more importantly where he wants to stand. Being a vagrant of sorts seems to have helped him in finding his path so to speak. Fujitora is different, he seems to have his priorities right in place and seems to be far more likely to take action. Right now the marines are well aware that there are pirates about to move on against doflamingo and a yonko.... right now it does not appear so bad however fujitora is right in wanting to protect the citizens of the country. An admiral has been mobilized, BB's first made has appeared, a VA was taken out by a rookie, the monster trio are at large through the country, the doflamingo family is about to fight at the coloseum and they will not let doflamingo fall so easily and kaido's wrath is likely to be aimed to many people at dressrosa soon.... doflamingo himself is likely to get involved in the fighting.... Just a single individual of those I have mentioned so far is easily capable of destroying a nation on his own,dressrosa is in a situation so dire that every citizen there dying as a result is not actually unlikely. Dressrosa could easily disappear soon.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

This is kind of off-topic but the databooks are written by the publisher of OP, compiling the already given and obvious information. Of course Oda´s name covers it but he is not actually working on it. Furthermore, the databook is not allowed to reveal any kind of future development, not that they would not about it anyway. So, the databook is in no way confirmation of Sabo´s death nor does it give any hope for Sabo being alive.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast