Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 533 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 533 Discussion / 534 Predictions

Quote Quote:
    Byakuya's cameo gives us a sense of this being more recent, but if Byakuya knew Isshin, how did Rukia not know him.
    The only explanation I can come up with is because Isshin looks older now. Or maybe she did recognize him, but they've made an agreement off-screen not to speak about his past in front of others.

And the chapter was good, though it raised a lot more new questions than I expected. I imagine this flashback will last as long as Turn Back The Pendulum, or maybe longer. Well, let's wait until the next Wednesday.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chapter. Wonder what Urahara's role is going to be, and how exactly Isshin and Masaki came together in the end. The one thing that continues to bother me is the seeming ignorance of SS as it pertains to Ichigo. The relationship between Ichigo and SS makes little sense when you consider that every sitting captain, and likely every vice-captain, at the time of the manga's inception knew Isshin, and knew of specific events within Karakura years prior.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so maybe some remains of the hollow creature stuck with isshin or masaki or both, thus explaining why ichigo has not only shinigami, quincy, and vizard tendencies

but also some pure hollowfication traits (like his fight with ulloquria)

this was a good chapter though, i bet urohara sensed something wrong with her, and is coming to warn her

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter,though it should have been better. Why didn't isshin reveal Yamamoto about the traitor? And the end wasn't that cool...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'll be damned... this chapter is perhaps one of the more revealing ones we have had in a decent while.

Ishin's reaction must have seen quite casual to masaki however as we saw running into a quincy is not quite something which he thought was all that good. He did not report her however finding her did cause an impression on him. Anyways, it is a tad weird that nothing else happened here between them. They didn't even introduce each other properly. I wonder what excuse ishin will use to meet her again or how long it will take. Masaki is a tad young so perhaps it would make sense that a few years go by without them meeting again. At least my guess is that the two of them will meet again when masaki's boobs are not a pair of walking felonies. Kubo has an USA audience which would not take too kindly to a 100 year old dude who looks like he is well of age impregnating a little girl after all.

Anyways, it seems the hollow itself had a single purpose although we have known it for a while. The hollow was made from the soul of a dead shinigami based on the informacion aizen gave us and it was made with the sole purpose of hollowifying a shinigami. Still, it did not hollowify a shinigami, it hollowified masaki. There is no cure for hollowification which means that masaki herself will turn into a quincy/hollow hybrid which has to be one of the coolest plausible developments. We always wondered where ichigo's hollow powers and fullbring came from and this alone would more than clarify it. I wonder how long it will be until her inner hollow starts causing trouble... although inner hollows seem to be related to zampakuto spirits so perhaps she won't have an inner hollow per say but that only means she will hollowify somewhat differently from shinigami to some extent. My guess is that a hollow being of sorts will try to take over her in a far more physical way than it did with ichigo who had to fight shirosaki in his inner world. One thing in particular that quincy and hollows have in common is that both of them have the ability to absorb reishi. Perhaps once the hollow starts taking over masaki will start taking reishi in uncontrollably? It would be interesting if the method for a quincy to suppress a hollow is to overwhelm it by absorbing more reishi than it... a quincy version of overpowering the hollow in question. It only makes sense that a quincy's ability to gather reishi would be greatly enhanced once a hollow half is acquired, basically masaki would have two different and worst than opposite powers complementing each other. If this does happen I wonder if masaki could reach the peak of reishi absorption on her own (basically her own personal and unique final form). The most likely scenario is that her capacity to absorb reishi will simply increase dramatically though.

Masaki being half hollow does not quite answer why vandenreich or aizen would want her dead though. Even if aizen lost interest in her then why would he have her killed? It seems like a lot of trouble to go through.... I doubt she was that much of a threat anyways for that matter. Or why would vandenreich make that move against her? We know they are not too friendly with hollows but it does seem like they have no trouble with ichigo, the son of a quincy hybrid and a shinigami. Its not like the hollow could be the lone parent of ichigo either considering ichigo does look like ishin.... More so, aizen confirmed ichigo was the son of a shinigami (unless he was talking about the white). So why not brainwash masaki instead of killing her?

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Nice chapter,though it should have been better. Why didn't isshin reveal Yamamoto about the traitor? And the end wasn't that cool...
    Well, perhaps he did. Ishin avoided mention of masaki however a traitor among shinigami is not something which he should have a reason to not mention. Either way, we know it was never traced to back to aizen and TBPA gave us compelling proof that aizen has the means to come and go without ever being noticed even before he had those cloaks. I mean, even without the cloaks he already had everyone within SS under his illusion.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

What a son of a bitch that Aizen is, hollowifying a Shinigami so that he can hollowify another Shinigami, what a cunning bastard, although it's weird that Kubo never explained how Aizen did that, or how did he hollowify the Vaizards either but anyway

It seems Masaki might have some Hollow powers on her after all, Urahara noticed something anyway... Now I'm pretty sure Masaki wasn't killed by Fisher, no way such a thing happened unless she lost her powers, but I'm thinking she was killed by someone else... Aizen, SS... Vandereich ? Who knows, but I can't believe a lame ass Hollow like him could kill Masaki with her powers

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

GREAT CHAPTER-

things I noticed-
    1. Urahara, seems to have taken an energy sample of masaki- I say this because he appears to be wearing the invisibility cloak, bumps into her, and only becomes visible after bumping her. why would he be there, invisible, and then look at her over his shoulder if he wasn't taking readings.

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/533/19

2. Aizen and gang, created the black "whitey" hollow to attack and hollowfy a target. isshin got in the way, but before it could turn him into a hollow by force, it attacked maskai, and completed its transformation. I think she may yet start to hollowfy.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shnugin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Masaki will become a Quincy version of a Shinigami Visored

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tousen took on some kind of pseudo leader role during this experiment of theirs. Seems Aizen let him have the helm for this particular hollowfication experiment.

Issin and Masakis love affair begins, they cant stop thinking about each other. I think this is a fan favorite relationship so I hope Kubo delivers the romance. What is it about introducing the heros mother late in the plot that manga ka love?

I cant really tell whats happening to Masaki on the last few pages but it looks like shes feeling some bizarre side effects from the bite..Is she going temporarily blind? And in the bottom panel of pg 18, is that only half of her face drawn?

Edit: So its invisible Urahara taking a sample..and he doesn't like what he finds.
    Last edited by conn-man; April 10, 2013 at 11:19 AM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So White is a dead Shinigami, brought back as a Hollow, who infects others with it's bite, is that what they're saying? White is a zombie? Seems like a pretty major feat, creating something like that. But it chose a Quincy over the numerous Shinigami it came into contact with. I get the feeling that's going to crop up again in current events, but I could be wrong. It just seems like a big deal. Does it mean Masaki hasn't just been given a regular Hollow bite, but it's done something else to her? Maybe this answers the question of White and Hollow Ichigo's similarities. Maybe every Shinigami successfully infected by White would have acquired a similar mask and set of Hollow powers.

Actually, this might explain Ichigo's revival on the roof of Las Noches too. This brand of Hollowfication changes a being after they're dead, so when Ulquiorra killed him it allowed the infection to take hold (this is really sounding like the Walking Dead, lol). White was a dead Shinigami, who became this creature, Ichigo was a dead Shinigami who became that creature. Aizen has created the T-Virus from Resident Evil. What could that mean for Masaki, I wonder? After she died, did the infection claim her? Could she be roaming around Hueco Mundo somewhere, with her own mask? Or maybe Isshin already had to euthanise her.

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

About Tousen, nah, its simple...the one who got hollofied was a dead friend of Tousen, thats why he was so pissed off...and prolly he will be the one to kill Masaki, not grand fisher.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    So White is a dead Shinigami, brought back as a Hollow, who infects others with it's bite, is that what they're saying? White is a zombie? Seems like a pretty major feat, creating something like that. But it chose a Quincy over the numerous Shinigami it came into contact with. I get the feeling that's going to crop up again in current events, but I could be wrong. It just seems like a big deal. Does it mean Masaki hasn't just been given a regular Hollow bite, but it's done something else to her? Maybe this answers the question of White and Hollow Ichigo's similarities. Maybe every Shinigami successfully infected by White would have acquired a similar mask and set of Hollow powers.

Actually, this might explain Ichigo's revival on the roof of Las Noches too. This brand of Hollowfication changes a being after they're dead, so when Ulquiorra killed him it allowed the infection to take hold (this is really sounding like the Walking Dead, lol). White was a dead Shinigami, who became this creature, Ichigo was a dead Shinigami who became that creature. Aizen has created the T-Virus from Resident Evil. What could that mean for Masaki, I wonder? After she died, did the infection claim her? Could she be roaming around Hueco Mundo somewhere, with her own mask? Or maybe Isshin already had to euthanise her.

infected is a good way to put it- Perhaps her "infection" is ultimately what disqualifies her from being married to ishda. that would taint the "purity" of her blood.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter and it was nice to see Masaki and Isshin thinking to each other.
    I find interesting that Shiro exploded, in fact I think that it was its way to somewhat infect Masaki and also Isshin.
    But I like more what NoOneInParticular said, because he explained better the infection process. XD
    To conclude Masaki's expression left me puzzled; why did she reacted that way after bumping in Urahara? Guess the Hollowification really it's starting in Masaki.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    About Tousen, nah, its simple...the one who got hollofied was a dead friend of Tousen, thats why he was so pissed off...and prolly he will be the one to kill Masaki, not grand fisher.
    Tousen's friend died ages ago. Can you really imagine Aizen keeping her soul for centuries somewhere in safety solely for this experiment?
    I think the Soul Reaper who became White was actually the first victim mentioned by Hitsugaya in Chapter 529. The guy was killed 2 months earlier, so that might've been enough time for the Bad Sight Trio to create White from his soul.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    It seems Masaki might have some Hollow powers on her after all, Urahara noticed something anyway... Now I'm pretty sure Masaki wasn't killed by Fisher, no way such a thing happened unless she lost her powers, but I'm thinking she was killed by someone else... Aizen, SS... Vandereich ? Who knows, but I can't believe a lame ass Hollow like him could kill Masaki with her powers
    Maybe Aizen used Kyoka Suigetsu to make it look like Grand Fisher killed her. What if she's still alive under the Vandenreich's control?
    Or what if the VR faked her death?
    That or she just didn't have powers at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    GREAT CHAPTER-

things I noticed-
    1. Urahara, seems to have taken an energy sample of masaki- I say this because he appears to be wearing the invisibility cloak, bumps into her, and only becomes visible after bumping her. why would he be there, invisible, and then look at her over his shoulder if he wasn't taking readings.
    Good point

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast