Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Which hokage do you want to see in action the most?

Voters
372. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shodai Hokage (Hashirama)

62 16.67%
  • Niidaime Hokage (Tobirama)

102 27.42%
  • Sandaime Hokage (Hiruzen)

31 8.33%
  • Yondaime Hokage (Minato)

177 47.58%
New Reply
Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 627 Discussion / 628 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 627 Discussion / 628 Predictions | No Naruto this week!

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    I don't get why people keep claiming it was to fast... It was over what? 500 chapters?

Now if Naruto can convert a mass murderer like Gaara in some 10 or so chapters and people having 0 problems with it I SERIOUSLY don't understand what the problem is.

Kurama is a sentient being who was treated like shit and a weapon by the humans. Not only Kurama but his brothers to... Then Naruto showed him he is different, he showed him he is the "promised one"(Rikudo flashback).... He also earned the trust of the other bijus... Seriously i don't see the problem here.

Kurama is not his "good pet". The 8 tails is not Bee's pet. They are teammates...
    My problem is the way he earned the trust of the bijuu. We should have seen more of the jinchuuriki as Akatsuki was hunting them, as opposed to only really focusing on Bee. Shit, and that was only at the end of Akatsuki's hunt anyways (only two bijuu left and we're just now exploring what a jinchuuriki is? wtf?) And by proxy those beasts could, over time see Naruto's actions through their humans' eyes, and Kurama could also see the bijuu slowly falling in line with Naruto. I would believe this whole "Naruto is the next SoSP" deal that we're being fed so late in the game. Instead, we get Tobi being a complete retard, making the bijuu exposed to Naruto's will through the most pointlessly elaborate way possible.

Instead of just crushing Naruto and Bee with Kamui and Rinnegan jutsu (look what Nagato did without Kamui lol), he put a leash on himself to Kabuto (using his ET was stupid), and exposed the bijuu to Naruto seemingly on purpose. The content of Naruto and Kurama's interactions also is... lacking. It feels like the only logical reason Kurama has to work with Naruto is his grudge against Madara. It's a WHOLE lot of plot being built on top of a floating sea of coincidences.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    Instead of just crushing Naruto and Bee with Kamui and Rinnegan jutsu (look what Nagato did without Kamui lol), he put a leash on himself to Kabuto (using his ET was stupid), and exposed the bijuu to Naruto seemingly on purpose. The content of Naruto and Kurama's interactions also is... lacking. It feels like the only logical reason Kurama has to work with Naruto is his grudge against Madara. It's a WHOLE lot of plot being built on top of a floating sea of coincidences.
    that will be so not true. though i will agree that it was than with haste and could have been done better. but "Kurama has to work with Naruto is his grudge against Madara" will be a wrong statement. why Kurama accepted Naruto has been explained, which has no relation to the hatred towards Madara.
    Naruto Forever

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    My problem is the way he earned the trust of the bijuu. We should have seen more of the jinchuuriki as Akatsuki was hunting them, as opposed to only really focusing on Bee. Shit, and that was only at the end of Akatsuki's hunt anyways (only two bijuu left and we're just now exploring what a jinchuuriki is? wtf?) And by proxy those beasts could, over time see Naruto's actions through their humans' eyes, and Kurama could also see the bijuu slowly falling in line with Naruto. I would believe this whole "Naruto is the next SoSP" deal that we're being fed so late in the game. Instead, we get Tobi being a complete retard, making the bijuu exposed to Naruto's will through the most pointlessly elaborate way possible.

me too, seeing more of the other jins would have been so much better than Naruto's love chase for Sasuke. I mean Naruto's actions is not what kishi has used here to bring Sasuke back to the 'will of fire'...its going to be sorry Naruto, Sakura like he did with karin and all will be good again...I can understand that Naruto's resolve in that regard is one reaon why kuuybi has sided with him but its also 'cus of the 4tails, I think 'chase sasuke' could have been dropped for bringing Bee in earlier and had more of the other bijuu.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

People also have to realize that they're not reading fucking Shakespeare.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521
    that will be so not true. though i will agree that it was than with haste and could have been done better. but "Kurama has to work with Naruto is his grudge against Madara" will be a wrong statement. why Kurama accepted Naruto has been explained, which has no relation to the hatred towards Madara.
    He didn't say the only reason. He said the only logical reason. And he's right.

Why is he helping Naruto? It doesn't work to compare Kurama's change of heart to Sasuke's, because Kurama has had generations of time to become set in his life of hatred. He's not being swayed by a mental illness caused by his power either. Not to mention that despite Kurama "accepting" Naruto, it doesn't change the fact that he's still in servitude. He's trapped. And staying this way doesn't actually help him at all. He doesn't care about humanity.

Sasuke on the other hand, loves his brother, and wants to take actions that represent that love. By protecting Konoha, he honors his brother's memory.

What does Kurama gain by aiding Naruto? If he's trapped in the Jyuubi, his consciousness should disappear. If he stays with Naruto, he's still "alive", but held captive and in servitude (regardless of how nicely they talk to him). He doesn't have a hell of a lot going for him. Naruto seems to be the best of a bad situation.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    What does Kurama gain by aiding Naruto? If he's trapped in the Jyuubi, his consciousness should disappear. If he stays with Naruto, he's still "alive", but held captive and in servitude (regardless of how nicely they talk to him). He doesn't have a hell of a lot going for him. Naruto seems to be the best of a bad situation.
    Dude, are you fucking with me right now? Do you people seriously believe that Kurama will stay "trapped" in Naruto once all this shit is over? If Kurama has Naruto's trust, then he has all of Konoha's trust. Kurama became Naruto's comrade, in other words, Konoha's comrade.

As for their development, the hell more did you want? Did Kurama have to sob like a little bitch or something? Did they have to give each other kisses and hugs to become friends? I don't get it. You're reading this manga for years now and know that Naruto has a mysterious influence on everyone. Not to mention that Kurama's been watching Naruto's actions and been influenced by him for 16 fucking years! And you only count this short amount of time for their development which is just plain stupid. Their development into friendship was okay and expected.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    Dude, are you fucking with me right now? Do you people seriously believe that Kurama will stay "trapped" in Naruto once all this shit is over? If Kurama has Naruto's trust, then he has all of Konoha's trust. Kurama became Naruto's comrade, in other words, Konoha's comrade.
    Trust has SHIT to do with how sealing bijuu works in this manga. Think for a second.

What happens to a Jinchuuriki when it's bijuu is removed from it's body? Yeah. That's right.

Quote Quote:
    As for their development, the hell more did you want? Did Kurama have to sob like a little bitch or something? Did they have to give each other kisses and hugs to become friends? I don't get it. You're reading this manga for years now and know that Naruto has a mysterious influence on everyone. Not to mention that Kurama's been watching Naruto's actions and been influenced by him for 16 fucking years! And you only count this short amount of time for their development which is just plain stupid. Their development into friendship was okay and expected.
    You know, you make it out like I'm overreacting by expecting a better explanation for Kurama's change, but the minute someone says something bad about your little hero you're ready to have a panic attack. Calm. The. FUCK. Down.

First off, 16 years of watching someone change in ways that make you hate them more and more doesn't count as logical progression towards becoming that person's ally. Everytime Kurama had to save Naruto's ass it was a reminder that he was placed within him as a slave. A tool. Naruto trying his best to save his friend had nothing to do with human/bijuu relations. Naruto getting his ass kicked by Karui, or "changing people", or "never going back on his ninja way has nothing to do with Kurama's opinion of humans. Just that Naruto was stubborn.

If there was anything at all that would change Kurama's opinion about Naruto, or humanity in general, it'd be what happened with Goku alone. And that shit didn't take 16 years.

Second, in the entire two paragraphs of bellyaching you just posted, you didn't answer my question: what does Kurama get for licking Naruto's boots? "Hey Naruto, be a pal and DIE so I can be free after we beat the Jyuubi, okay?"

That's what you're implying.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Trust has SHIT to do with how sealing bijuu works in this manga. Think for a second.

What happens to a Jinchuuriki when it's bijuu is removed from it's body? Yeah. That's right.

You know, you make it out like I'm overreacting by expecting a better explanation for Kurama's change, but the minute someone says something bad about your little hero you're ready to have a panic attack. Calm. The. FUCK. Down.

First off, 16 years of watching someone change in ways that make you hate them more and more doesn't count as logical progression towards becoming that person's ally. Everytime Kurama had to save Naruto's ass it was a reminder that he was placed within him as a slave. A tool. Naruto trying his best to save his friend had nothing to do with human/bijuu relations. Naruto getting his ass kicked by Karui, or "changing people", or "never going back on his ninja way has nothing to do with Kurama's opinion of humans. Just that Naruto was stubborn.

If there was anything at all that would change Kurama's opinion about Naruto, or humanity in general, it'd be what happened with Goku alone. And that shit didn't take 16 years.

Second, in the entire two paragraphs of bellyaching you just posted, you didn't answer my question: what does Kurama get for licking Naruto's boots? "Hey Naruto, be a pal and DIE so I can be free after we beat the Jyuubi, okay?"

That's what you're implying.
    And how is that even remotely a reason for Kurama to question his opinion about Naruto? Fuck, it's not.

That's cute. I'm not nearly panicking enough as much as your feelings are hurt when I give a harsher argument. Damn, I guess I need to chill out.
    You obviously have some different ways of reading this manga. Kurama clearly showed his sentiments about some of the events in the past that Naruto handled, which were odd to Kurama and somewhat interesting. He never understood him fully up until this point in the manga. He never hated him as much as he hated everything else. It was a 16-year progression of changing a heart towards Naruto and it just hit the culmination that resulted in happened effect. Complicating things and making a nuclear physics out of a simple friend/enemy relationship won't change those facts. So yeah, my bellyaching is actually an objective description of someone who casually reads a manga and understands things as they actually are. My little hero is actually a hero, yeah.

What does Kurama get for licking his boots? Are you really that short-sighted? Why do you think he wants a fucking freedom specifically? Well, I'll spell it out for you. Since Bijuus were always seen as weapons and not being that could socialize with humans, they wanted FIRST to be acknowledged like beings rather than tools of shinobi world. To Kurama, and probably every Bijuu, that's the most important thing. And coincidentally, when a human acknowledges a Bijuu in that way, they automatically become free.
    Last edited by Roman; April 21, 2013 at 02:54 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    People also have to realize that they're not reading fucking Shakespeare.
    Yeah, you're right. Why work hard on any plot, since it isn't Shakespearean Tragedy-esque?

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    Yeah, you're right. Why work hard on any plot, since it isn't Shakespearean Tragedy-esque?
    I could've written a million other literature examples, but I guess you didn't get that.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I could've written a million other literature examples, but I guess you didn't get that.
    Get what? That authors should have no obligation to take into account the horribly contrived plot inconsistencies, terrible character developments, loosely connected cause and effect chains just because they cannot match the masters? They should be let off on this account? If you didn't mean that, then I can always be corrected on this front.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Get what? That authors should have no obligation to take into account the horribly contrived plot inconsistencies, terrible character developments, loosely connected cause and effect chains just because they cannot match the masters? They should be let off on this account? If you didn't mean that, then I can always be corrected on this front.
    You didn't get that example is not the point. The point is that you can't expect a manga to have a high standard out of every literature aspect. And if know something about high degree literature, you know that a story with this many characters can't ever have a satisfying explanation on every end.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    That's cute. I'm not nearly panicking enough as much as your feelings are hurt when I give a harsher argument. Damn, I guess I need to chill out.
    You do. This isn't the first time you've gotten irate and defensive about something someone disagrees with you about, and then backpeddled under the pretense that "we're taking things too seriously" or "blowing things out of proportion". Stop replying in such a dickish manner and people won't feel the need to point it out.

Quote Quote:
    What does Kurama get for licking his boots? Are you really that short-sighted? Why do you think he wants a fucking freedom specifically?
    ...you're serious, aren't you?

Okay. I'll try simplifying.

Whenever a Bijuu is removed from the Jinhuuriki that houses it, the Jinchuuriki dies. Inorder for Kurama to gain his freedom Naruto has to die.

He is NOT helping Naruto so that Naruto can sacrifice his life to grant him freedom. I don't believe for a second you thought this shit was a logical reason for him helping Naruto. And for your sake, I'm not even gonna ask for clarification, because I expect more of the same. Forget this conversation even took place.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

You didn't get that example is not the point. The point is that you can't expect a manga to have a high standard out of every literature aspect. And if know something about high degree literature, you know that a story with this many characters can't ever have a satisfying explanation on every end.
    Which is why it's a POOR manga. It didn't do justice to any aspect of good story telling. The fact that the author wrote so many characters, shows he doesn't know anything about good story telling techniques. And this is one of the MANY problems this manga is marred and plagued with.

I cannot expect Naruto to be like Hamlet, Othello, Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth etc. Nor do I even expect it to touch Sophoclean Dramas - Antigone and Oedipus - but I DO expect this guy to fucking try to be a decent writer.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

You do. This isn't the first time you've gotten irate and defensive about something someone disagrees with you about, and then backpeddled under the pretense that "we're taking things too seriously" or "blowing things out of proportion". Stop replying in such a dickish manner and people won't feel the need to point it out.

...you're serious, aren't you?

Okay. I'll try simplifying.

Whenever a Bijuu is removed from the Jinhuuriki that houses it, the Jinchuuriki dies. Inorder for Kurama to gain his freedom Naruto has to die.

He is NOT helping Naruto so that Naruto can sacrifice his life to grant him freedom. I don't believe for a second you thought this shit was a logical reason for him helping Naruto. And for your sake, I'm not even gonna ask for clarification, because I expect more of the same. Forget this conversation even took place.
    I don't really care if you point something "dickish" about me. I'm not defensive. If anything, I can't fathom some people's reasoning. That is all.

Firstly, are you reading my posts? Should I bold them? What makes you think that Kurama's priority is his freedom? Freedom in terms that he can roam the world freely. Why? Did he say something about it? Did he? Because manga didn't give us that knowledge.

Secondly, are you fucking reading my posts? Of course Kurama doesn't help him for his own gains. Naruto is a key to world peace and Kurama understands that. THAT's why he's helping him. That's why he took a liking to him and became his comrade. Can you clarify that you understood my own thoughts on the matter? Jeez.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Which is why it's a POOR manga. It didn't do justice to any aspect of good story telling. The fact that the author wrote so many characters, shows he doesn't know anything about good story telling techniques. And this is one of the MANY problems this manga is marred and plagued with.

I cannot expect Naruto to be like Hamlet, Othello, Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth etc. Nor do I even expect it to touch Sophoclean Dramas - Antigone and Oedipus - but I DO expect this guy to fucking try to be a decent writer.
    If you understand, then quit mocking a manga from which you obviously can't lay your eyes off of. It IS decent, otherwise it wouldn't be so famous.

New Reply
Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast