Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Naruto and Sasuke could meet Rikudou Sennin

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto and Sasuke could meet Rikudou Sennin

I've been racking my brain to try to figure out how Naruto and Sasuke's little precognition jutsu clashes could make sense or be elaborated on and the best thing I can come up with (because it makes no sense to begin with) is that Rikudou Sennin's spirit can be spoken to when one of Senju bloodline and Uchiha bloodline are in synch.

Sasuke and Naruto combining their chakras resulted in them seeing the truth the first time. Sasuke and Naruto shaking their hands the way Iruka taught them to, symbolizing... whatever it was (honorable combat? Friendship? Don't remember). The second time, they saw into the future (the same future that the Frog Sage saw, where Naruto dies. Naruto states they both saw their deaths though).

And Madara states here...http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/625/16

...that when two opposing forces are combined, everything in the world is created. Most specifically, when Yin and Yang was combined via Banbutsu Souzou. Sasuke brings the Yin. Naruto brings the Yang. I don't think clashing attacks together is gonna start making random living beings and mountains and oceans. But I do think that something along the lines of this might happen:

Both Naruto and Sasuke attack with whatever attacks they have that are composed of Yin chakra and Yang chakra, making a big DBZ style explosion that swallows them whole. Sasuke sees Rikudou Sennin and they both speak, while Naruto sees him aswell, but, on another plane. They have their talk. After the light subsides, this is the event that makes Sasuke and Naruto team up against Madara and Obito, who have already used their powers to freeze everyone else in the world with Tsuki no Mei.

Thoughts?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto and Sasuke could meet Rikudou Sennin

When did they see into the future I don't remember that all?
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When they last clashed Chidori and Rasengan, after Danzou's death and Sasuke's attempt at killing Sakura.

They don't show us the image, but Naruto states they both saw the same thing: that if they fight again, they'll both die. I say this is seeing into the future because the great Toad Sage saw this same future inside her magic crystal ball.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

great Toad Sage said naruto will fight man/boy with powerful eyes right now we have 3 people with powerful eyes (madara, tobi and sasuke). right now he is fighting with 2 (madara and tobi). didnt great Toad Sage is he and not her ??

if its boy with eyes then its 100% sasuke. if its man with eyes then its madara or tobi.if predicted fight is with sasuke then it will be in future because sasuke is not man right now
    Last edited by suraj5898; April 03, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet t'was just only naruto.

Naruto and rikudou would see each others in kurama/bijuus mind. Or maybe when he already got all the bijuus. Maybe rikudou left some of his chakra to the bijuu to enable him to see the man he was predicted to save the world. And I think sasuke has nothing to do with that. T'was just between the rikudou and naruto, The true GOd of shinobi and the destined child/savior of the world.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they could meet him; sometimes I think they actually are him. As in, together they are capable of putting yin and yang back into balance. With yin and yang imbalanced, the world changes through destruction; yin and yang must be rebalanced in order for the world to change through creation and achieve harmony. One defeating the other will only keep things unstable and destructive.

The story places great emphasis on the importance of the characters' true feelings reaching one another on a more than surface level, like what happens when Naruto and Sasuke combine their chakra: it's a communication of the soul, the only place where people can't hide anything from each other and where their hearts are open books. I think it's certainly plausible that if Rikudou Sennin is anywhere, he's in the place (I could get more opium dreamy and say he is the place) where Naruto and Sasuke go when they see the truth.

One could say that Rikudou Sennin himself was split up in a way, in the form of his sons, and imbalance occurred when they ended up in opposition to one another. The ninja world that followed, with its conflict and mistrust, has been highly efficient at keeping his descendents, and thereby his yin energy and yang energy, separated and opposed. If his yin descendent and his yang descendent are able to truly understand each other and reach a state of unity, then they can restore balance, and the two of them will return the sage's power and love to the world.

Or something like that.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto and Sasuke don't literally converse in another realm when they clash, they "feel" the conversation through a clear reading of the other's feelings/intents. They may be able to reach an accurate understanding, but to them it's less eloquent than what we're shown as readers. It's not the same as the Bijuu chakra realm where people actual can have conversations, and it's not related to the Rikudou, but merely to "high level Shinobi" who can read each other's heart through combat.

That's not to say I don't agree about Naruto/Sasuke putting Yin/Yang back in balance, or combined chakras leading to a meeting with the Rikudou (most likely the Bijuu chakra). It's just that there's no jutsu at work when Naruto/Sasuke clash.

I agree Kishi places a great emphasis on characters reading each other's intents clearly, and this is demonstrated more often lately by fistbumps. I still don't think these fistbumps contain any specific dialogue, though, any more than Naruto/Sasuke's do.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

At Taijutsu level, I am pretty sure even Lee beats the Sage. The manga is pretty predictable anyway. If this happens then I won't be surprised, just appalled.

New Reply