Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do you think would happen to the balance?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member im over hyped's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think would happen to the balance?

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    If the soul king was a sort of god in a conventional western way so to speak then the notion of someone taking his seat would be absurd. So far we have seen aizen intent on taking the seat of the soul king and juhabach at least aims to kill him so far. So far it seems the soul king is perhaps simply an exceptionally powerful being (although perhaps he can be opposed by normal beings like shinigami or quincy) with the duty of holding little things like reality and dimensions together.

The soul king does seem to have the ability to create souls though. The royal guard actually made that point. The royal key is basically made of souls and the soul king seems to have the ability to create and instil them on his servants.
    i bet the soul king is just a gifted strong person with a god complex behind a curtain. if the soul king can make souls and regulate balance him/herself there is no need for SS and quincy[ he/she just needs RG for protection], unless the king is a chaos loving bastard who loves watching them kill each other. as of now i will take what the RG says with a grain of salt.
    I used to be a great female character, but then i took a sword to the chest twice by a imbecile .

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think would happen to the balance?

Balancing souls is the one thing we know for a fact that the soul king does not do in the least. The gotei 13 as a whole exist primarily for that purpose. I doubt the soul king is just a strong person though, we actually saw him. His appearance alone is indication enough that he is something quite different from a regular shinigami. Making souls and creating life does seem to be within his power though.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2