Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: How do you rate Bleach 532?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Waste of time

1 4.35%
  • 2 Horrible

0 0%
  • 3 Poor

0 0%
  • 4 Fair

0 0%
  • 5 Average

1 4.35%
  • 6 Decent

2 8.70%
  • 7 Okay

1 4.35%
  • 8 Good

6 26.09%
  • 9 Great

9 39.13%
  • 10 Amazing

3 13.04%
New Reply

Thread: Bleach 532 The TW Review

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tenacious Weezy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Bleach 532 The TW Review

Scantalation provided by Manga Stream

Central Characters

Isshin Shiba

Masaki Kurosaki

Black Hollow

Los Tres Grandes

Kisuke Urahara(flashback)

Welcome back to The TW Bleach Review! This Chapter was straight to the point with very little surprises but left some decent questions along with some build up for the following chapters. Last chapter was rated a 7.7.

The Review

Bleach chapter 532 starts off with an explanation of what exactly Aizen and company are wearing. While those with good memory should recognize it as something Urahara wore to hide his spiritual power in the TBTP arc, Aizen added his own little touch as well. With Kidou he has essentially made himself invisible. On top of Aizen not revealing himself to Isshin he also manages to hurt him in a way that prevents Isshin from revealing his Bankai to us. WELL DONE AIZEN. KS AT IT AGAIN. HE ONLY LETS US SEE WHAT HE WANTS US TO SEE. Anyways Isshin the ever alert makes the connection that it wasn't the black hollow but definitely a Shinigami. Aizen rants on how his job is done and to let the “guinea pig” keep fighting. Tousen interjects that he doesn't prefer that name and explains how the soul used to create this particular hollow came from a “white” (shinigami) soul. Interesting indeed as the Ichigo origin gets more detailed.

Isshin continues is fight against the black hollow however his “Get out of jail” card is now void. With no Bankai and an injury slowing him down it seems Isshin is at a disadvantage. That is until he shows an unnamed move that looks like a mix between a gran ray cero (blood) and a sloppy Getsuga Tenshou. Weird way to explain it but that's the best I got. Any which way it's obviously a massively powerful move, evidenced my Masaki's reaction and the black hollows' arm flying right by her. Amazingly the Black Hollow is still able to knock Isshin to the ground and within a split second is on him again, this time charging a cero directly in his face. (Note: It's amazing how similar Ichigo fights like this Black Hollow. This scene reminded me of the Double GT Ichigo used against Grimmjaw in their second fight of course he was wearing the mask so, duh!).

Masaki of course manages to save Isshin with a well placed arrow to everyone's surprise. While Isshin is obviously going to marry this girl his look was nothing compared to Aizen's. In fact I thought his immediate interest in her was really the best part of the chapter but that's probably just me. The Black Hollow, just like for the shinigami fodder before, goes to attack the weaker warrior but Masaki ain't no punk! Although it would have been nice to at least see her be able to hit the black hollow it's okay. It serves as a testament to how truly fast the Black Hollow is and to be honest Quincy are known for their techniques and genius. Masaki decides to give up her arm to hollow in exchange for his head. Great sequence.

My Thoughts

• ART
    Pretty good. Everything was detailed nicely particularly the speed scenes and action sequences. Probably the best fight we've seen since Bach.
    • PACING
    Pretty direct, more fighting than talking which was needed eventually in this arc. Masaki came in pretty fast and took care of business. Of course Aizen didn't interrupt her like he did Isshin but considering she wasn't on the same level of power as anyone there she really shouldn't have been a factor.
    • OBSERVATIONS
    The black hollow was a shinigami so therefore even though Ichigo wasn't a true shinigami he had the powers of one from the black hollow. This also explains why Zangetsu and the hollow being are truly one in the same. I always though the Vizards were Shinigami first with hollows added on where as Ichigo was a hollow with Shinigami powers or something like that...
    • QUESTIONS
    -Where is Ryuken and his armor?
    -Will Masaki be able to heal her arm?
    -Will Masaki or Ryuken be able to sense Aizen?
    -Is Ichigo more of a Fullbringer or Quincy?
    -Why didn't the hollow regenerate his arm?
    -Who was the Shinigami that became the hollow?
    • PREDICTIONS
    NO IDEA. If Aizen gets involved or found out by acute Quincy sensing then I expect Ryuken to show up for sure. In the first flashback Masaki didn't appear hurt when she ran up to Isshin to heal him so I expect her to have more than decent healing powers to some degree. The hollow has to effect Masaki in some way or I should say infect perhaps but I don't know if it already did or if it's something that's going to happen so there's that. It's really anyone's guess but for Fan Service sake I'll say Urahara and Yourichi show up.

Well that’s it for this week see ya next chapter!
    Last edited by Tenacious Weezy; April 04, 2013 at 12:07 AM.

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 532 The TW Review

Teh chapter wasn't amazing but it was great. Masaki carrie the chapter from a tad over mid rating to a top notch rating. This leaves a lot of room for story telling explanations.
    Also having both Ichigos parents beign completely bad ass is how things should be or his potential just doesn't make sense.
    Great
    Also a question you missed: Did Urahara give Aizen the cloak or did Aizen steal that? Conspiracy including Urahara is once again popping up in my head
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the hollow is pretty much done with, I assume 1 of 2 things. Ryuuken will not use his armor. Or he will but it will be to save Masaki from Aizen. And I hope the latter is more close to what will happen. A ryuuken and Aizen confrontation will definitely be something special.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    Teh chapter wasn't amazing but it was great. Masaki carrie the chapter from a tad over mid rating to a top notch rating. This leaves a lot of room for story telling explanations.
    Also having both Ichigos parents beign completely bad ass is how things should be or his potential just doesn't make sense.
    Great
    Also a question you missed: Did Urahara give Aizen the cloak or did Aizen steal that? Conspiracy including Urahara is once again popping up in my head
    Didn't forget to ask, I'm just not a believer that they worked together. Aizen seems to just copy Urahara more than anything. First Hougykp and then the cloaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabman View Post
    Since the hollow is pretty much done with, I assume 1 of 2 things. Ryuuken will not use his armor. Or he will but it will be to save Masaki from Aizen. And I hope the latter is more close to what will happen. A ryuuken and Aizen confrontation will definitely be something special.
    Did we just become best friends?

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious Weezy View Post

Did we just become best friends?
    haha I think we did! Lets hope Kubo joins us.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    In the first flashback Masaki didn't appear hurt when she ran up to Isshin to heal him so I expect her to have more than decent healing powers to some degree.
    Her shoulder was bleeding, and now we know why: the Hollow bit her. And she did offer Isshin some healing.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    Her shoulder was bleeding, and now we know why: the Hollow bit her. And she did offer Isshin some healing.
    Your right she did have an injury on her shoulder. I just thought the hollow did more damage than that. Now I'm a little appalled at how half assed the hollow attacked her.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I've looked at the spoilers, so I know this doesn't happen, but I wish they'd just get back to fixing Ichigo's sword

New Reply