Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Novel plotline request.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Galejro's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Novel plotline request.

I was thinking about a plot for a novel I may write. What do you think of it?

Be advised: This is like an early alpha, names, places etc. even the title are not ready so These can all change.

Note that the book will be about time travelling ... Even though I personally DO NOT believe in time and, therefore, travelling in it. This is my vision of the outcomes when you think it does exist and you can travel in it.

Prototype titles: "The Gordian Knot", "The Maze"

The story begins with Morgan, a Dutch scientist working in a team devoted to save the world from destruction due to overpopulation/ polution wars etc. BTW The year is 2098. They succeed in creating a time machine that builds a stable portal into the past or future. Morgan is chosen to do the job so he is equipped with all the tools, knowledge, books and so on to be successful in his mission, than he goes back in time to year 1904, when the scientists think is the turning point at which Morgan can save the world.

Upon arriving Morgan can't go back because the portal closes behind him, this he believes and struggles to understand.
    -Did something go wrong and the portal closed shut for technical purposes?
    -Did the fact of him going back in time altered the future of 2098 so that there will not be a need for building the time machine in the first place?
    -Did he failed or succeeded already?
    For 2 years he does his mission, convincing, working, designing. His work draws attention both positive and negative and sceptic.

When an unprecedented event happens. Another time traveller arrives, Tresdan a Kiherian (futuristic made up name and country) from the year 3755 arrives on earth in the US. Morgan, fascinated by the fact and rushes to meet him. They eventually meet and Morgan gets many intriguing info:
    -He succeeded, the world was prosperous in 2098 instead of at the brink of extinction.
    -He failed, cause Tresdan is on the VERY SAME MISSION, now world will be at the brink in 3755 (as well as validating the rumors of a strange Scientist from 1906 who was a great inventor and claimed to have been from the future)
    -He will die in a car accident (therefore, Morgan never learns to drive and avoids his death)
    -Tresdan is not the only time traveller they send, there was another, Olmand who went to meet with Nostradamus at his age and to also alter the future.
    -His portal too closed after he entered past.

The two rush to a library to validate historical data. Morgan thinks of himself as superior cause he is the original time traveller, in his eyes his knowledge is pristine, unaltered by time travellers. He is surprised to learn that there is no data on Nostradamus, instead there is Olmundit who speaks of things Tresdan very well knows.

Morgan is Baffeled by this. He went to the past knowing of Nostradamus, but he found himself not knowing anything. He later realizes the complexity of time and time travelling. Nostradamus WAS A TIME TRAVELLER, all the history he knew was fake, just a product of altering by time travelling and moving data and predictions in time.

This is where my book and thinking goes nuts cause I don't know what motto, or moral should be:

-There are things alterable like wars and events but one can't stop the end of the world.
    -We are all living on time given to us not by nature or luck but by time travellers.
    -The World is not build on the backs of slaves and simple folk, but by Time travellers who use their knowledge as an advantage which they use for their purposes.
    -No knowledge is true, no history is real, for all is in the hands of time.
    Last edited by Galejro; April 04, 2013 at 06:18 AM.
    Visit my comicbook at http://galejro.blogspot.com or my general art at http://galejro.deviantart.com

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Novel plotline request.

Sounds like an interesting concept. ^^

Have you figured out the ending yet?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Galejro's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Novel plotline request.

Hmmm ... There are a few options:

-Morgan does what he was supposed to do with the help of Tresdan. Now they cooperate so the future is again altered. The story end as they work, uncertain if there will be another time traveller arriving or not. maybe they will die never meeting anyone which will give them a 50/50% chance that they succeded for the future.
    -They die killed by leaders of contemporary empires, assassinated or in public, because in their struggle they couldn't deal with upset tyrants and respective leaders who didn't liked their radical ideas. (H. Ford, Lenin, Roosevelt etc)
    -The story ends with yet another time traveller ariving. The fact alone just points us out alot of facts (same one with Tresdan), I won't delve into any more detail past the fact our heroes learn of another portal opening this is something for the reader to figure out.
    Last edited by Galejro; April 05, 2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: spelling :(
    Visit my comicbook at http://galejro.blogspot.com or my general art at http://galejro.deviantart.com

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply