Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 112 Discussion/ 113 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 112 Discussion/ 113 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by BizarreGizmo View Post
    Hello, everyone. I personally prefer to read comments rather than take part in discussion but The breaker is growing on me every week so i felt like joining.

In my opinion there is a very low possibility that Shioon is gonna have a duel with the doc. Short fight with the glasses freak is more likely but i doubt we will see the fruits of his body rebirth right away. Shioon will bring him down really fast or their fight will be interrupted by the doc.
    Honestly i have no idea how Kwon and others will arrive so soon but i hope they will still be there to see the growth of their gaju. Oh and how i want to see Smug fase`s reaction (really that lowlife annoys me to no end).

I see that everyone is arguing about the current position of Shioon in terms of strength among the Masters of Murim. But i dont`t think this is really the important matter. What really counts is that his Ki center if finally fine and that he finally thinks of himself as the gaju. Hope from now on we will see only determined side of Shioon because some bad guys do need a good punch in the face. Or two. Or three.
    And about his strength i think i will join those who said that Shioon is somewhere on the level of Lone wolf. Now he needs to fully understand the changes within his body to show us his real potential.

Cant wait for Friday. The last time i was this exited for new chapters was when D.Gray-man was weekly.

---
    Sorry if i`ve made some mistakes. I speak English more than write nowdays.

goood post i agree man this rriday is going to be epic

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The_kid View Post
    Note: Shion CAN'T SWIM!!! *just thought of it, at the first season at the breaker* when the nine-arts-dragon tells him to jump off the bridge into the river...
    looool seriously what hmm is it possible for him to run on water

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

one thing i urge all breaker lovers to do is to vote shi-woon as best character for this year
    we need to win the award
    shi-woon is the most improved character this year

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am looking forward to seeing how Shioon matches up against the doctor, who apparently even gives Elder Kwon pause. It will be a means to measure just how far Shioon has come, it also allows an indirect comparison with Smug Face and Jegal, who fought with Elder Kwon. Now I'm not expecting Shioon to win here, but we should see some interesting things fom him nonetheless. Since his opponent is one of the Murim's Ten Strongest, the possibility of him being caught, and then needing to use the Yaewon's meditation training increases.

That in itself could lead to a nice development for Shioon. It's still unclear if Shioon can learn his opponents techniques since the one he copied extensively from was from his own school, but if he can, like he did with Cool Guy's technique, then this Top Ten of Murim doctor would be the perfect person for Shioon to aquire the pressure point techniques that many master class fighters in the Murim seem adept at.

I can see an imprisoned Shioon after having meditated long enough or when he hears of or feels the Sunwoo's presence there, I think Shioon will break out of the SMD's "inescapable" prison using Obscure Heaven Strike. Destroying a barrier that they didn't imagine any Murim In would be able to break free from.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the feeling that getting caught by this doctor would be a bad thing. I'm kind of leery of any murim doctors. Even the One Moon gaju can only really be trusted as long as he fears the Sunwoo, and he needs Shioon's help to heal Shiho. This doctor, Ghost-hands, will only consider Shioon as a guinea pig and probably won't take no for an answer. Any of the top murim doctors would be able to trace ki flows and this would just give away some of the top secret Black Heaven and Earth skills he isn't supposed to talk about. It would be necessary to kill the doctor at this point... at least from GMR's point of view. Maybe Lone Wolf's as well.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there any particular reason that was lost in translation that everyone thinks Shioon only went through the whole body rebirth after Elder Jun's death?

Look back through the series--no, reread the whole series from the start, with the explanation of what the whole body rebirth is in mind. Shioon attained whole body rebirth immediately after swollowing the one moon ki pill at the very beginning of the story. He then balanced that excessive ki with the help of Chun Woo and the black heaven and earth circulation technique. Even Chun Woo himself commented on this healing capacity, calling Shioon a planara.

What is different now, then, that makes him so much stronger? Try to remember. The reason he is so much stronger NOW compared to before is simply because, thanks to his battle with lone wolf and Elder Jun's ki transmission, his ki center is fully healed, his simgichehon is completely balanced for the first time in the entire series, and he has some good experience from the battle. That is about all.

Shioon has always been imbalanced. In the beginning, everything was weak except his resolve, which led him to even having a heart attack from running around the track and even jumping off the bridge. After the pill, his ki was far to excessive, and his flesh kept exploding because his body was too weak. Then, just as he was getting the hang of things, his ki center was shattered, and all of the progress he has made since then has been a miracle and a testament to his genius. Until now, Shioon has been fighting as a cripple.

This is Shioon's true natural state. A fully healed ki center, a balanced simgichehon, and on top of that he has accepted his position as gaju and will use his strong spirit to fill that position well. From now on, we will see the real Shioon--but the whole body rebirth? Seriously, reread the series. That happened right after taking the ki pill.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsurou View Post
    Is there any particular reason that was lost in translation that everyone thinks Shioon only went through the whole body rebirth after Elder Jun's death?
    because in part 1 and in the earlier chapter of NW no one even knows the name of the phenomenon until the present chapters maybe GMR knows already that phenomenon but he just said that Shioon is like a planaria

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BizarreGizmo's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Look back through the series--no, reread the whole series from the start, with the explanation of what the whole body rebirth is in mind. Shioon attained whole body rebirth immediately after swollowing the one moon ki pill at the very beginning of the story. He then balanced that excessive ki with the help of Chun Woo and the black heaven and earth circulation technique. Even Chun Woo himself commented on this healing capacity, calling Shioon a planara.

What is different now, then, that makes him so much stronger? Try to remember. The reason he is so much stronger NOW compared to before is simply because, thanks to his battle with lone wolf and Elder Jun's ki transmission, his ki center is fully healed, his simgichehon is completely balanced for the first time in the entire series, and he has some good experience from the battle. That is about all.

Shioon has always been imbalanced. In the beginning, everything was weak except his resolve, which led him to even having a heart attack from running around the track and even jumping off the bridge. After the pill, his ki was far to excessive, and his flesh kept exploding because his body was too weak. Then, just as he was getting the hang of things, his ki center was shattered, and all of the progress he has made since then has been a miracle and a testament to his genius. Until now, Shioon has been fighting as a cripple.

This is Shioon's true natural state. A fully healed ki center, a balanced simgichehon, and on top of that he has accepted his position as gaju and will use his strong spirit to fill that position well. From now on, we will see the real Shioon--but the whole body rebirth? Seriously, reread the series. That happened right after taking the ki pill.
    He had this supreme ability to heal all his wounds really fast all along but he experienced FULL body rebirth after Elder Jun`s death. Like now he is a truly different person. I would say there is a difference between body rebirth(abnormal ability to heal some parts of his body really fast) and full body rebirth(reconstruction of muscles, bones and maybe his ki center at once in a few days). imho.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember thar Smiling Blade broke his arm and he had to wait one week or so to fully recover. Now he practically came back from the dead in 1 day,

I think that before he was just a walking medicine and now he really experienced the overhaul body rebirth

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BizarreGizmo View Post
    He had this supreme ability to heal all his wounds really fast all along but he experienced FULL body rebirth after Elder Jun`s death. Like now he is a truly different person. I would say there is a difference between body rebirth(abnormal ability to heal some parts of his body really fast) and full body rebirth(reconstruction of muscles, bones and maybe his ki center at once in a few days). imho.
    His ki center was already recovered because of the one-moon medical treatments, but solidified after the battle with lone wolf. Probably because of Elder Jun's ki transmission, but the BOT usage and his healing capacity probably had something to do with its full recovery as well.

Now, for the rest, go back through the series. In part one, he was dragged around behind a motorcycle, getting really messed up. Shortly after that, So-Chun Hyuk beat the living daylights out of him. In both cases, he was healed within a day or two, completely good as new. Those were not small wounds.

In New Waves alone, without a healed ki-center, he has healed literally over night from situations that would leave even a normal murim-in in the hospital for weeks even at best. His extreme training with Elder Jun, his battle with Smiling Blade, all of his encounters with the SUC--even when Ha-Ill stabbed a knife straight through Shioon's hand and it healed in a less than a day.

Shioon has had the whole body rebirth since he first took the ki pill. The only things different now are his fully recovered ki center, and his complete balance of simgichehon. In other words, instead of simply having a lot of ki, he now also has the ability to circulate and balance it as well--and this is the "secret" of his new found power.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BizarreGizmo's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

His ki center was already recovered because of the one-moon medical treatments, but solidified after the battle with lone wolf. Probably because of Elder Jun's ki transmission, but the BOT usage and his healing capacity probably had something to do with its full recovery as well.

Now, for the rest, go back through the series.
    Actually i have read The breaker...um, don`t wanna lie...5 or 6 times? So i clearly remember all the aspects of this manhwa. And im not telling i know better its just that i still think full body rebirth took place after the last fight with bald guy. Even the brief explanations in the last chapter made by nameless assistant fit the theory. Still many things are not clear at this moment so i don`t think there is a point in arguing. Lets wait for a couple of chapters to get more info on this phenomenon.
    And his ki center wasnt fully healed. Shioon was still undergoing treatment.
    And about healing earlier that you consider full body rebirth TheMoa said in a previous post
    Quote Quote:
    I think that before he was just a walking medicine and now he really experienced the overhaul body rebirth
    im gonna agree with that.
    Last edited by BizarreGizmo; April 17, 2013 at 02:40 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ketsuro
    You'll note that in this very chapter that the Whole Body Rebirth was talked about as a phenomenon that everybody can and does experience. It's just that the "Whole Body Rebirth" of legend, thought to be a miracle is the one that Shioon just recently experienced. He has in a sense become a completely new person, he himself doesn't even understand all that is going on with himself. The heightened senses and "lighter" body is not simply the result of him being fully recovered.

Not necessarily lost in translation, but the disconnect could be cultural. On another site somebody had noted that the Whole Body Rebirth is a common literary device that is used in wuxia stories. They cited 1 martial arts tv series called Reincarnated, where the main character went through a similar phenomenon. If you look at KungFu Hustle the main character, who throughout the movie healed relatively quickly, underwent a "whole body rebirth" like transformation after getting completely decimated.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i have to agree to the fact that the Whole Body Rebirth Phenomenon happened after Asian Kimbo Slice died as someone already stated that when Shioon underwent the Whole Body Rebirth he become more sensitive than ever he can even hear the birds chirping and hear wind passing through the trees and even hear people from far away and maybe the reason is the Whole Body Rebirth his body was reconfigure to make him more adaptable to his surroundings

from the starting point of eating the Divine Dan he can't do that but the healing factor is there already as the Ghost Doctor assistant said a human experiencing the Whole Body Rebirth will become another person so pretty much that explain the whole body rebirth (body reconfigured with excessive Ki) while the Healing factor was from the Divine Dan (excessive Ki heals wounds faster)

Whole Body Rebirth is pretty much a reincarnation of body from the inside while the Healing of the Divine Dan happens outside the body to heal wounds

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alisdfd View Post
    goood post i agree man this rriday is going to be epic

looool seriously what hmm is it possible for him to run on water

Actually that is "theoretically" possible humans can run on water but need to generate a speed of 60+ mph which is impossible in the real world. In The Breaker Shioon outran motorcycles for a little bit ,carrying Sosul, so your theory/suggestion isn't as far fetched as you might think.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireRogue View Post
    Actually that is "theoretically" possible humans can run on water but need to generate a speed of 60+ mph which is impossible in the real world. In The Breaker Shioon outran motorcycles for a little bit ,carrying Sosul, so your theory/suggestion isn't as far fetched as you might think.
    i can happen Shioon already said his body was light what if his lightness Shioon can walk or run on water like a water striders (surface tension) hehehehehe

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Im surprised only one or two people have even mentioned the possibility of the doctor becoming an ally. From where I'm sitting it seems the obvious conclusion to this scenario. This guy is not actually part of the murim special ops group, he just runs a clinic that's affiliated with them. I doubt they have informed him about his "patient" at all. When shioon introduces himself as the sunwoo clan head, as he's done to everyone he's met since he woke up, the doc will understand the shit storm he is in the middle of and consider what his best opportunity for "studying" shioon would be...

option A - Attempt to subdue shioon without killing him and then try to get as much data as possible while holding off the sunwoo clan.
    option B - Show shioon some degree of deference, offer to return him to the sunwwo clan and become his personal physician.

I saw some kid mention the possibility of the doctor being able to somehow steal shioon's secrets but it really seems ridiculous to me. It's clear that shioon's case is a unique thing that would be practically impossible for anyone to replicate. The number of unique traits and outside circumstances that combined to allow shioon's "rebirth" is staggering.

1. He originally had a body with some particular type of ki impediment that prevented physical exertion (similar to but not as serious as sosul).
    2. He receives one of the most valuable and rare spirit medicines in the world.
    3. He has his meridians forcibly widened and is taught a special ki distribution technique.
    4. Has his ki center smashed.
    5. Learns a highly effective master-level meditation technique.
    6. Uses BOT while his ki center is still in the process of reforming.
    7. Someone important is gravely wounded protecting him and then gives the last of their life to preserve his after he goes all out with BOT despite his ki center.

Seriously, aside from the fact that there is no way for the doctor to "steal" BOT or Shioon's distro tech without being taught... what murim-in would allow his ki center to be smashed? How does does the doc find someone like shioon or sosul to experiment on? How does he get the sun and moon clan to give him their most valued treasure? Finally, where does he find a murim master willing to give his life like elder jeon for the sake of an experiment?

It's just not going to happen. This rebirth is essentially a product of everything that Shioon has gone through over the course of the story. Even things like his mother being hospitalized, everything that has happened played a part to one degree or another imo including the fact that shioon is a unique type of genius.

Anyway, most importantly, by introducing a character like the doc as an ally the author creates a convenient tool to describe exactly what happened to shioon, and eventually sosul and GMR. The idea of them having a fight and shioon stealing techs doesn't make much sense, I'd much rather see him start absorbing some of Kwon's sunwoo techs before some old doctor who we're completely unfamiliar with, grandmaster or not. It likely won't be long before shioon reunites with the clan, no more than four or five chapters imo. The doc serves the story better as a mouthpiece for complex murim medical mumbo jumbo and a new ally who helps make the sunwoo clan look strong coming out of their crisis than he does as an enemy shioon might steal a few tricks from.
    Last edited by jacoobus; April 18, 2013 at 08:25 AM.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Now, for the rest, go back through the series. In part one, he was dragged around behind a motorcycle, getting really messed up. Shortly after that, So-Chun Hyuk beat the living daylights out of him. In both cases, he was healed within a day or two, completely good as new. Those were not small wounds.

In New Waves alone, without a healed ki-center, he has healed literally over night from situations that would leave even a normal murim-in in the hospital for weeks even at best. His extreme training with Elder Jun, his battle with Smiling Blade, all of his encounters with the SUC--even when Ha-Ill stabbed a knife straight through Shioon's hand and it healed in a less than a day.

Shioon has had the whole body rebirth since he first took the ki pill. The only things different now are his fully recovered ki center, and his complete balance of simgichehon. In other words, instead of simply having a lot of ki, he now also has the ability to circulate and balance it as well--and this is the "secret" of his new found power.
    i also think Shioon has whole body rebirth from part one its just after his last big fight its become complete.
    in part 1 he was new to martial arts world, only know few moves in end when there were lots of people searching for him for long time maybe that time he have this ability (it possibility i mean if they were lots of people were searching for u and u hide well for long time its will need more then luck)
    in part 2 his ki was bad but after last big fight its become good (hopefully) and we got name from 1 of 10 grandmaster
    just because we didnt have name in 1st pare doesn't mean he didnt have body rebirth in 1st part or beginning of 2nd part. his healing is way batter then anyone in The Breaker part 1 & 2 we just got name for it now

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast