Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 112 Discussion/ 113 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 112 Discussion/ 113 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by jacoobus View Post
    I saw some kid mention the possibility of the doctor being able to somehow steal shioon's secrets but it really seems ridiculous to me. It's clear that shioon's case is a unique thing that would be practically impossible for anyone to replicate. The number of unique traits and outside circumstances that combined to allow shioon's "rebirth" is staggering.
    What I was concerned about was NOT him stealing the rebirth but stealing the Black Origin School's ki circulation techniques. Murim Doctors study not just the physical bodies but also how the ki flows in the body to fix problems with that. They have the ability to trace ki flows throughout the body so he would be able to figure out the paths that were being used by Shioon and the other practitioners of the Black Origin School. This is info that the entire murim covets. See this page for confirmation.
    By all accounts this particular doctor is one of the very best and since he is one of the top 10 masters in the murim, he is already in command of his own clan so isn't likely to join the Sunwoo. Don't forget that elder Kwon himself is called the 'Strongest Second in Command' and that all other ones of his strength are in control of their own clans.
    Last edited by Wowzers; April 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    What I was concerned about was NOT him stealing the rebirth but stealing the Black Origin School's ki circulation techniques. Murim Doctors study not just the physical bodies but also how the ki flows in the body to fix problems with that. They have the ability to trace ki flows throughout the body so he would be able to figure out the paths that were being used by Shioon and the other practitioners of the Black Origin School. This is info that the entire murim covets. See this page for confirmation.
    By all accounts this particular doctor is one of the very best and since he is one of the top 10 masters in the murim, he is already in command of his own clan so isn't likely to join the Sunwoo. Don't forget that elder Kwon himself is called the 'Strongest Second in Command' and that all other ones of his strength are in control of their own clans.
    First of all if what you're saying is correct about murim doctors, then shioon has already given everyone in the murim plenty of opportunity to steal his ki distro since he's spent about half of new waves in murim hospitals or dealing with murim doctors... I can't wait to see the creepy eyed doctor bust out his new GMR level moves.

Seriously though even if what you're saying is true the ki distro alone is not as valuable as you think. The alliance chief in the first part of the story was Unwol's sa-hyung and already knew everything about the Black Heaven school's techniques except BOT. Lone wolf also knows the distro tech already and we saw him clearly offering the alliance chief the school's secret manual. The only thing that really has to stay top secret is BOT and there is no way for the doctor to figure that out on his own. He would either need shioon's help or someone would have to steal his cellphone.

As far as the doctor having his own clan... maybe but I doubt it. This guy is a doctor, it makes sense for him to run a special medical clinic rather than a martial arts faction. Either way though he doesn't have to actually join the sunwoo clan to become an ally. Just like the mil-yang and sun and moon schools he could easily become affiliated without joining himself.
    Last edited by jacoobus; April 18, 2013 at 07:13 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

no man... BH&ET is very valuable by itself, BOT is the ultimate state of this tech.
    Lone wolf had the book with the schools techs... but not the Black Heaven and Earth, that was passed down by selective inheritance

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    no man... BH&ET is very valuable by itself, BOT is the ultimate state of this tech.
    Lone wolf had the book with the schools techs... but not the Black Heaven and Earth, that was passed down by selective inheritance
    What are you talking about... That book clearly had everything pertaining to the Black Origin school except the most highly guarded secret of BOT. How does lone wolf pull off all the school's moves if he's using a different distribution technique? Unwol didn't tell him "I don't want to burden you with BH&E," he clearly said BOT. Assuming that the distribution technique is included in that is foolish. I'm not saying the distro tech isn't valuable by itself, but it's not something that only shioon and GMR know like BOT, nor is it as dangerous or powerful on its own. Finally as I said earlier I think it's unlikely the doctor could figure it all out just by examining shioon, he has seen plenty of murim doctors so far and that has never been a concern.
    Last edited by jacoobus; April 18, 2013 at 09:04 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not concened with the doc stealing techs, in that point I agree with you but...
    on the first part is clearly stated that the Alliance chief wanted the BH&E... Shiho freaked out and said that 9arts was crazy to teach Shioon the ultimate distribution tech on the world. When she was draining Shion's ki she was amazed with the combination of BH&E and the divine dan
    BOT was only mentioned when 9arts was about to get in this state and his background was fully explained. At this point Shioon had no idea about BOT, yet the chief wanted to kill 9arts and keep him alive so he could get BH&E.
    When Shiho was about to die, the chief asked about BH&E.. if he knew it already, why would he ask for it?

"That book clearly had everything pertaining to the Black Origin school except the most highly guarded secret of BOT. How does lone wolf pull off all the school's moves if he's using a different distribution technique?"

Where on the story was stated that people need to know BH&T to pull the school moves?
    If I follow that line of thinking then: Hyuk discovered an ancient move from another school, how could he do that if he didn't know the distribution tech of that school?
    Every school has their own distribution tech or they follow a standard one, I don't know... but it don't keep a martial artist from learning moves from other schools

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not concened with the doc stealing techs, in that point I agree with you but...
    on the first part is clearly stated that the Alliance chief wanted the BH&E... Shiho freaked out and said that 9arts was crazy to teach Shioon the ultimate distribution tech on the world. When she was draining Shion's ki she was amazed with the combination of BH&E and the divine dan
    BOT was only mentioned when 9arts was about to get in this state and his background was fully explained. At this point Shioon had no idea about BOT, yet the chief wanted to kill 9arts and keep him alive so he could get BH&E.
    When Shiho was about to die, the chief asked about BH&E.. if he knew it already, why would he ask for it?
    First of all at the beginning of the story, when Shiho and GMR were talking about how special the distro tech was, neither of them knew anything about the alliance chief being Unwol's sa-hyung or lone wolf's existence. As far as we know GMR still doesn't know about the manual or that he has a sa-hyung, so to him everything he taught shioon was "selective inheritance" as you put it.

Second, while the alliance chief never mentions BOT specifically in the first part of the story it makes sense that he wouldn't. He makes it clear several times that he's trying to get the info out of GMR without having to share it with the rest of the murim. There is no reason to give anyone clues as to what he's really after.

Third, Unwol makes it clear that BOT is the ultimate form of BH&E at its most powerful and dangerous, but that doesn't mean that he would have any reason hide BH&E itself from one of his disciples. Unwol and the alliance chief had the same master, as did GMR and lone wolf, why teach a different distro tech to each? It makes much more sense that they were all trained in the basic form and only the chosen ones were given the more powerful and dangerous version.

Finally, as you said part of the reason that the basic BH&E was so special for shioon is because it was combined with the ridiculous amount of ki he absorbed from the divine dan. GMR may heal more quickly than most murim-in but his injuries don't heal almost instantly like shioon, nor does he have infinite stamina as we saw on the rooftop. He may be the most dangerous guy in the murim but GMR isn't really a monster until he starts using BOT.

"That book clearly had everything pertaining to the Black Origin school except the most highly guarded secret of BOT. How does lone wolf pull off all the school's moves if he's using a different distribution technique?"

Where on the story was stated that people need to know BH&T to pull the school moves?
    If I follow that line of thinking then: Hyuk discovered an ancient move from another school, how could he do that if he didn't know the distribution tech of that school?
    Every school has their own distribution tech or they follow a standard one, I don't know... but it don't keep a martial artist from learning moves from other schools
    As I have already stated GMR and lone wolf are not from different schools, just as Unwol and the chief are not from different schools. It doesn't make sense for them to be using different distro techs. And while I'd agree that some moves can probably be accomplished with any basic distro tech, something highly complex like the obscured heaven strike doesn't seem possible without knowing the proper distribution technique associated with it. There is a reason shioon saw his master overlapping lone wolf at that moment and it's not just because he recognized the technique from his phone. Just like GMR thought of his master when he absorbed shioon's ki on the roof, shioon saw GMR when lone wolf let out all his ki to the point that shioon could feel it clearly and recognize the similarities.

Hyuk was invited to rising tiger school with the express purpose of reviving lost techniques. It was clearly implied that they let him look into their secrets in order to accomplish this. So who's to say he didn't know their distribution tech also? That is why they make mention of how uncomfortable they were with the idea of sharing.
    Last edited by jacoobus; April 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM.

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9