Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crossing between alliances

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Crossing between alliances

Does anyone think it's possible for this to happen? Luffy crosses over to Kidd alliance to fight big mam. On the other hand, Apoo and Hawkins cross over to join Law fighting Kaidou.

It might be possible because both Luffy and Kidd are wild enough to go all out and Kidd doesn't mind unpredictable at all. Kidd's left shoulder and hand were bitten of by big mam no doubt.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner gegehare's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crossing between alliances

you mean cross-join from that 2 alliance to make 2 teams ?
    Team 1 : luffy - kidd
    team 2 : law - apoo - hawk

i think that's possible
    maybe it's foreshadowing when luffy - kidd - law in tenryubitto accident

how about oda will make that 2 alliances became 1 ? Better than still 2 alliances but separated in 2 teams , isn't it ?
    CMIIW

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bskbob's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think neither alliance is strong enough for a yonko and his full crew. Also I still believe Big Mom will go down before Kaidou so yes both alliance will cross path sooner then later

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible, but i think that would be very hard to write and keep everyone in character... Too many cooks spoil the soup.

Keep in mind that all 5 are captains - they all want a chance to stab at the Yonkou, therefore even though they've agreed to an alliance to take on the Yonkou, they'll probably withdraw as soon as BigMam's/Kaidou's head is in sight. Out of these 5, we only know Luffy's true character - so he's probably the only one who wouldn't betray the others no matter what. Even with Law, we're not sure of his true motives yet... And, we keep getting hints that he may be a freaking psychopath anyway.

Kidd, Apoo and Hawkins seem more savage than Luffy and Law. And the only reason I'm not putting Law on there yet is because we've not seen him kill anyone (or attempt to) yet. Think of it this way:

Kidd Apoo Hawkins want to kill Yonkou in order to assert dominance in the NW. I don't see Kidd letting Kaidou/BigMam go if he has the chance to deal the finishing blow.
    Luffy and Law seem to just want to destroy the Yonkou forces (in Law's case) and just beat them up (in Luffy's). We know that Luffy isn't a murderer. Him winning in a fair fight against a Yonkou is good enough for him.

My point, although it is possible that they'll switch teams/join up later, I think it would be really hard for blood thirsty Kidd to work with Luffy. I can see Apoo and Hawkins supporting Luffy, since they are not as violent as Kidd, but I can't see Luffy and Kidd working together for a something that cannot be split (ie: the credit for beating a Yonkou).

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think, under any circumstances, there will be any alliance crossing. Luffy's alliance with Law will probably be permanent, otherwise Oda risks undermining basic themes of his story. Nakama matter, friendship is essential, alliance is more than a matter of business. By the end of the saga, Luffy and Law will be nakama, the alliance between the Strawhat and Heart Pirates will last the series. Luffy and Law may team with Kid's alliance at some point, out of necessity only. A common enemy, a shared threat. But that is probably all. Once the threat is over they will return to being rivals.

We actually are very sure of Law's motives at this point. He hopes to upset the balance of power, and has said so much. He has proved to be a friend to Luffy even before forming the alliance, rescuing him from Marineford and preforming life saving surgery. Ivankov made clear that Law's intentions in saving Luffy were pure.

Quote Originally Posted by bskbob View Post
    i don't think neither alliance is strong enough for a yonko and his full crew. Also I still believe Big Mom will go down before Kaidou so yes both alliance will cross path sooner then later
    Why do you think that? The plot has to move forward, and at this point, Kaido has to be defeated to do so. A pirate royal rumble is not necessary for that to happen. It is not out of the question, but by no means guaranteed. And why do you think that Big Mom will come first? Again, not necessarily wrong, but what in the story so far leads you to that conclusion?
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 05, 2013 at 12:10 PM.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/700/6

It seems like Kidd has some personal interests into the other alliance too, who knows what will happen next.

Anyway, Bonney will somehow show up in the future, the same can be said to XDrake. These 2 might appear out of no where just similar to the way Burgess took interests in fighting tournament. It'll be best if all the supernovae split into 2 groups taking down 2 yonkou at the same time, this incident will surely mess everything up so far. BB and Shanks are the only 2 remain the same after the incidents.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No. Although Luffy hates heroes and is neither good or bad in his actions, the distinction of who Luffy tolerates and despises is very easy to sense. The blood lust and cruelty disgusts Luffy. Kid and Hawkins are psychos currently. The blood lust from Zoro or Law still has a bushido, a code. He got over his hatred of Crocodile and Buggy as their personalities changed after their defeat. There was no longer a cruelty.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you know that Kidd hasn't changed his personal behaviors after he got his left shoulder + arm bitten off by big mam?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally believe, that in the future every member of the original 11 Supernovae will together forming an aliance. The "New Era Alliance".
    This Picture is forshadowing it really good i guess:
    Spoiler show

And since we only know that the Supernovae only have formed alliances with other Supernovae, it might go on like this.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Killer is there but not Zoro! Wth did Oda think when he drew this color page?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blanka View Post
    No. Although Luffy hates heroes and is neither good or bad in his actions, the distinction of who Luffy tolerates and despises is very easy to sense. The blood lust and cruelty disgusts Luffy. Kid and Hawkins are psychos currently. The blood lust from Zoro or Law still has a bushido, a code. He got over his hatred of Crocodile and Buggy as their personalities changed after their defeat. There was no longer a cruelty.
    I don't think Luffy hates heroes or cares about bloodlust, but he hates anyone who treats others bad, especially their own. He hates Caesar because Caesar was willing to sacrifice his own men, he hated Crocodile because of the pain he caused Vivi, and he hated Hody because Hody put his friends' home in danger. I think Luffy can get along with Kid and Hawkins or at least, stop them from wreaking unnecessary havoc. I can still see him working with them.

He got over his hatred because of what both offered or because of teh situation. Luffy needed Buggy's help, and Crocodile was useful.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post

Oda had to reveal the new supernova appearances, only Luffy was mandatory for it, that's the easiest execuse.^^

Luffy had to team up with crazy, bad and weird people in the past, a short alliance with Kidd and Co should be possible too, but I don't see them capable of becoming "nakama".
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post

I'm sure Oda drew this to keep the suspense of Zoro's eye been cut off from one side.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bskbob View Post

The last page of Ch690 supports the evidence. Right now it's DD arc but after this no doubt Big-Mam will somehow stir up the problem from FI then she'll go after Luffy head if that bomb happens to explode in front of her face. Therefore before the Luffy-Law alliance starts to take down Kaidou, Big-Mam will show up revenging for the exploding bomb no doubt.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy has tons of alliances, but they are individual, island or nation. Law will probably for a while be the only pirate alliance. With Luffy and Law never really fighting for eventual Yonkou slot. Law will just know that Luffy's accomplishments are too impressive or his abilities would be ill matched against Conquerer's Haki. Luffy ends pirate careers, so the only way to stay a pirate is to not go toe-to-toe. Even Bellamy is no longer a pirate but a devotee to Doflamingo. The only other likely alliance would be with Jewelry Bonney and maybe Drake. However Bonney has no crew it seems.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast