Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

It's hard to tell Kensei would die from such a blow, however, I am sure this epic chapter marks a massive growth in the capabilities of the titular character Kenichi and his rival Ryuto.

Kensei's goal is to ultimately produce new masters out of his disciples, Ryuto is by far his strongest disciple so it's entirely plausible for him to close the gap between master and apprentice first than anybody else.

I think Rimi's death really made an impact on Ryuto, he had changed inside since his previous defeat but stayed on the same side because he had a rigid system which served to guide and make him stronger.

Now the time has come for him to challenge that system for what he believes is right, if he does defeats Kensei then that makes him a fighter of a whole new class and he begins his journey as a master of martial arts.

It would be interesting to see Ryuto taking part in that deeper plot concerning the god fists and Myu's heritage, right now the cast of disciples has no frigging clue about it and the audience can only take a drop or two from those closed mettings between masters.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 517 Discussion/518 Predictions

man this chapter was perfect this week one piece kenichi and the breaker had the chapters

hmm but i dont think ryuuto will reach him i think kensei will tilt his head and use his feet to kick him away
    but i think ryuuto is still ahead of kenichi
    he is a good tactician and one who can give problems to kenichi in future

this chapter was up absolutely epic

but will ryuuto leave yami to join kenichi. kenichi already wanted him to change sides. so it seems like kenichi's wish has come truth

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok great chapter, my prediction was correct ryuto managed to control the sei dou gou without dying(for 30 seconds though).

Why hasn't anybody mentioned the fact that kenichi got a direct blow onto his heart? He might be dead you know(of course he won't because his the god damn Main Character) and if he dies in front of miu's eyes she will go bulu mode.

About the direct hit that ryuto managed to get well it was beautiful but I wouldn't be surprised if at the last second kensei managed to grab ryuto's arm, but if he did land the hit well it wouldn't be a lot of damage, definetly not losing an eye(that's for you kkck).
    <b><font color=black>GO BIG</font></b>

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can only hope that this attack doesn't become a reason that Tanaka might win his encounter with Ogata. I'd like it better if he moved at the last millisecond and took a hit really close to his eye but not quite there. It'd still be incredibly impressive.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big Boobs Karate Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    One weird thing is that koukin's and ryuto's eyes do look the same now. I wonder if koukin was somehow naturally using some form of seido goutsui. He always was a tad weird, he had both traits of sei and dou users when fighting.
    That was his character design, Alexander had black eyes too.

I remember Natsu saying that Berserker let go of his guard when dealing the finishing blow. Kensei sure gets distracted when talking about a disciple's growth, poor Kensei.

To be honest, I think that Ryuuto did not hurt Kensei. Knowing elite masters he may just stopped the hit with a blink or something. Kensei MAY be the most inexperienced member of the OSNF (even if he is older than Akira), but I find it hard to believe that 2 disciples landed a true hit on a master.

Ryuuto knows Kensei and I can buy the fact that a master can make miscalculations (not going to be the first time and Kensei makes a lot of miscalculations), but a killing hit? Never.

I can't see the position of Kensei's arm.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

What a chapter, just wow..i am speechless.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter. Ryuuto's comeback is welcome. To think that Kenichi would be able to touch Kensei, although I seriously doubt Ryuuto's attack is going to be anything that brings down Kensei. It was good to see those two working together. Can't wait for next week's chapter.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryuzaki L's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big Boobs Karate Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    That was his character design, Alexander had black eyes too.

I remember Natsu saying that Berserker let go of his guard when dealing the finishing blow. Kensei sure gets distracted when talking about a disciple's growth, poor Kensei.

To be honest, I think that Ryuuto did not hurt Kensei. Knowing elite masters he may just stopped the hit with a blink or something. Kensei MAY be the most inexperienced member of the OSNF (even if he is older than Akira), but I find it hard to believe that 2 disciples landed a true hit on a master.

Ryuuto knows Kensei and I can buy the fact that a master can make miscalculations (not going to be the first time and Kensei makes a lot of miscalculations), but a killing hit? Never.

I can't see the position of Kensei's arm.
    No. that would be the big boobed bewitched fist Kushinada Mikumo

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter, if you ask me. They achieved the absolute maximum disciples could against a super master - managed to touch him. No way in hell Kensei is hurt, much less seriously hurt. Probably will say that he predicted that Ryuuto would predict his actions and acted in such way on purpose.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

since Tsutomu Tanaka seems to have information about kensei. its likely that he is watching the fight from a distant. Tsutomu Tanaka will surely learn a valuable lesson from this.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alisdfd View Post
    since Tsutomu Tanaka seems to have information about kensei. its likely that he is watching the fight from a distant. Tsutomu Tanaka will surely learn a valuable lesson from this.
    I don't think tanaka could run into kensei and hold back his desire to kill him, at least not based on how he has been developed so far. Most likely he was at the part because he heard yomi might make a move however after not finding him he simply left. Odds are that for whatever reason he will appear soon enough. I do think ryuto managed to actually injure kensei's eye so I think tanaka will appear after this.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if we assume that Kensei's eye is injured, I really can't imagine Tanaka being able to beat him. Unless, of course, we end up with an even more extreme version of Hongo vs Jenazad...

Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    Even if we assume that Kensei's eye is injured, I really can't imagine Tanaka being able to beat him. Unless, of course, we end up with an even more extreme version of Hongo vs Jenazad...
    Don't even think about it. If that happens I'll quit this series for real

As things are going I think that kensei is gonna fall back with berserker and lugh. Probably rimi will be revived with ryuto's love(lol) and ryouzanpaku is gonna show up. And if this doesn't happen well it's gonna be a tanaka vs kensei deathmatch.

Again, I really doubt ryuto's hit landed, remember when miu and kenichi fought against the 0.0002% of the power of the elder? Kenichi could only destroy a little part of his mask, so let's assume that kensei's power is 75% of the power of the elder, and he wasn't fighting too seriously so let's say he was in like 50% with that it's almost impossible to land a clean hit, and I know that ryuto was almost touching kensei's eyes but super masters are super masters, they make the impossible possible. I pretty much bet that ryuto's attack didn't landed.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If kensei leaves I don't think he is leaving ryuto behind. I don't think he even minds ryuto attacking him.... Even if he got hit its kensei's fault for not paying attention. Kensei is even likely to actually be proud of ryuto for actually landing such a hit. There is also the consideration that the whole thing was a 3 step trap to consistently catch kensei off guard. The two of them defending, kenichi actually hitting kensei and of course the final attack where kensei was at his most distracted. The last page also does say ryuto hit kensei, are we assuming the author is lying to us?

Also, somehow seeing ryuto being able to walk made me think that rimi is not actually dead. The whole implication this chapter was that ryuto did not actually lose use of his legs right? Basically the main side effect of seido goitsu is your ki being permanently unbalanced (ok, not permanently but enough for it to be an issue). Did rimi actually use the technique so much that it killed her? Is it possible kensei told the kids she died just to see if it would help them develop?

Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Well ryuto said that if he used sei dou gou for more than 30 sec he would die, so I guess that sei dou gou is indeed a lethal technique for both the user and the opponent. I do think rimi is still alive but not because sei dou gou wouldn't kill the user but instead because bullsh*t happens in this manga...A LOT!
    Yeah the sacrifice of kenichi was part of kenichi and ryuto's plan because ryuto knew that kensei would get distracted if he praised the growth of a disciple and in that moment ryuto atracked him, but still I think it won't work, a disciple getting injured by a master? Absurd. Just that.
    I dont think kensei lied. Remember when agaard said that apachai died? He was dead but still he came back FROM HELL!!! nah just kidding. Rimi will probably survive but of she does, would she want a rematch with miu? Cause if she does then I'm really gonna get pissed

New Reply
Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast