Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 517 Discussion/518 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think tanaka could run into kensei and hold back his desire to kill him, at least not based on how he has been developed so far. Most likely he was at the part because he heard yomi might make a move however after not finding him he simply left. Odds are that for whatever reason he will appear soon enough. I do think ryuto managed to actually injure kensei's eye so I think tanaka will appear after this.
    i understand what you mean but i think tanaka is not stupid to go there fighting against someone he cant possibly win
    i think he watched and realized that the two disciples can expose his weakness.
    in my thoughts tanaka is likele to come out after realising that ryuuto landed a hit- he sees it as an opportunity to kill kensei but kensei shows the different between them. tanaka promises that he will take him out. probably out of humour berserk may try to act him but fail.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dominicanboy100's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys do you think kenichi was holding back while he was fighting berserker ???

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dominicanboy100 View Post
    Hey guys do you think kenichi was holding back while he was fighting berserker ???
    Well, yes and no. He was distracted with miu's fight so he wasn't paying attention to berserker, but it doesn't mean he was holding back.
    <b><font color=black>GO BIG</font></b>

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, kenichi did try seikuken against berserker and had it broken.... I think that kenichi was being serious there. Even if miu was fighting at the time that would have been a non issue while he was actually engaging with berserker. When the miu thing became a big enough deal kenichi did manage to get away from berserker anyways.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Also, somehow seeing ryuto being able to walk made me think that rimi is not actually dead. The whole implication this chapter was that ryuto did not actually lose use of his legs right? Basically the main side effect of seido goitsu is your ki being permanently unbalanced (ok, not permanently but enough for it to be an issue). Did rimi actually use the technique so much that it killed her? Is it possible kensei told the kids she died just to see if it would help them develop?
    Seido Goitsu destroys the user within. Avoiding a backlash is not possible (yet), as demonstrated with Odin's damaged right-eye and white hair. His damage wasn't as severe as Rimi's though since Kenichi knocked him out of that state before the backlash became too severe to avoid. Plus, what physical damage could be treated has probably been treated by Yami's doctors.

As for Rimi, she is dead. Kensei checked her pulse and remarked it was a pity to lose such a valuable disciple. Even if we assume she is still somehow miraculously alive - it's not unlike such stunts are unprecedented with that Jihan stunt Matsuena pulled not too long ago - she no longer has the ability to fight, as Odin mentioned that at best Rimi would end up permanently crippled.

Personally-speaking, I would prefer Rimi stays dead. Seido Goitsu is Kensei's main shtick that makes him one of the more disturbing members of Yami by giving him a mad scientist vibe to him. Seeing disciple after disciple of his destroy themselves using the technique he created shows how twisted and morally bankrupt he is. Matsuena has probably only scratched the surface of what Kensei has done. I also think it would be more appropriate for Odin to take down his sensei than Kenichi. The greatest shock to Kensei would probably be having the disciple he favors the most (Odin) defeating him and then renouncing the Satsujinken Kensei advocates in favor of the Katsujinken.
    Last edited by Franckie; April 11, 2013 at 09:24 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

kensei is very much like orochimaru

visit me here

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OcasoEterno04 View Post
    Well ryuto said that if he used sei dou gou for more than 30 sec he would die, so I guess that sei dou gou is indeed a lethal technique for both the user and the opponent. I do think rimi is still alive but not because sei dou gou wouldn't kill the user but instead because bullsh*t happens in this manga...A LOT!
    Yeah the sacrifice of kenichi was part of kenichi and ryuto's plan because ryuto knew that kensei would get distracted if he praised the growth of a disciple and in that moment ryuto atracked him, but still I think it won't work, a disciple getting injured by a master? Absurd. Just that.
    I dont think kensei lied. Remember when agaard said that apachai died? He was dead but still he came back FROM HELL!!! nah just kidding. Rimi will probably survive but of she does, would she want a rematch with miu? Cause if she does then I'm really gonna get pissed ������
    That would be the most ridiculous thing in already pretty problematic manga. Anything but that, have mercy, author

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    That would be the most ridiculous thing in already pretty problematic manga. Anything but that, have mercy, author
    I did call that kenichi would get the "moral victory" against kensei by touching him but not doing any damage, considering this mangas history it is very possible that the author gonna pull some crap to bring rimi back, most likely by ma or akisame showing up and saving her. Keep in mind that during over 500 chapters of manga we only had 2 deaths so far and both on the "evil" side (Kano Sho and Junazard), if it follows the record it set it is very likely she will survive. What i find trully bothersome is that for starts none of the fights we had so far mattered much, the current ones will very likely not being shown or interrupted and the most important thing kenichi is yet again pushed to the side lines. Come on the on the last arc he barely did anything and the focus was all on miu, on this arc most of the focus was again on her and he didnt even get to have a proper fight, we just got a small glimpse of his fight with berserk and against kensei well we just watched he getting kicked around like everybody knew he would be, wish the focus went back on him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK 518 Discussion/519 Predictions

No one made it? Chapter is up

http://mangastream.com/read/hsdk/87582949/1

Nothing out of the ordinary, I knew Kensei was going to stop Ryuuto in one way or another.

Tanaka was just a step below master last time we saw him and is probably now a master. If Kensei does not take Tanaka seriously then he dug hiw own grave.

I stated before that Kensei may be the most inexperienced member of the OSNF, he is older than Akira and around Agaard but is a late bloomer as Akira was a master already in his teens while Kensei was looking for a master and is also the newest member of the OSNF IIRC.

Renka & Rachel are almost naked... Man, I love fanservice, I seriously do, but there are more important thing now!

Chikage is throwing around Ukita & Kisara. If Kisara flips the tables on Chikage I will flip mine!
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; April 16, 2013 at 12:01 AM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont want rimi to be brought back alive
    she is not a worthy rival of miu
    she is boring and quite annoying to be honest

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 518 Discussion/519 Predictions

tanaka is a master but his anger issues may leave him a few openings for kensei to exploit

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think Tanaka has much "anger" left he want ice cold revenge it does not seemed emotionaly heated it seemed ice cold to me thats why we always see him cheerfully talking with his wife
    --
    The Mangas i like:

One Piece; Naruto;
    Hajami no Ippo; Hunter x Hunter;
    Beelzebub; Toriko; Fairy Tail
    Bleach; Hitman Reborn; Gantz

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mr Untouchable's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems that there was a page missing from the mangareader translation

Edit: turns out I overlooked the page I was talking about when I first read it lol
    Last edited by Mr Untouchable; April 16, 2013 at 04:43 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I updated.

I found no extra page in Ms version, I also tried other sites that used to scanlate Kenichi to no avail. Is there another up-to-date Kenichi team?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If anything, Kensei will end up with some more minor bruises after this fight. I don't care how much training Tanaka may have went through, there's no way he's reached super master level.

New Reply
Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast