Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 6.2 / 10)

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

0 0%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

1 2.94%
  • 8 (Epic)

8 23.53%
  • 7 (Good)

12 35.29%
  • 6 (Average)

4 11.76%
  • 5 (Below Average)

2 5.88%
  • 4 (Bad)

2 5.88%
  • 3 (Horrible)

3 8.82%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

1 2.94%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

1 2.94%
New Reply
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 138 Discussions /139 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 138 Discussions /139 Predictions

It's official, Claymore is the most boring manga that ever existed.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
    Cassandra's case is an odd one. She was having trouble with Audrey, Rachel and Nina (?), which shouldn't happen with a No. 1.

Roxanne calls her a No. 5, but that isn't accurate either, seeing as those three combined still couldn't defeat her (before she started using the Dust Eater). How using it suddenly catapults her onto a no. 1's level I don't understand.

How that translates to a really strong Abyssal One is another mystery as well. Feelings, potential, current level; all these things seem to matter in the awakening process, but exactly how I have no idea.
    We've made theories about Cassandra's power as a warrior. Some believe that when Roxanne said that "[Cassandra] only matches up to an average No. 5 without that technique," she was referring to swordplay. Raw strength and speed can only go so far in helping you beat an opponent who has greater aptitude in a weapon, in the same way that a 6'4", muscle-bound bouncer would be lucky to defeat a 5'5", lean-bodied martial artist if they chose to fight with swords the latter is proficient with and the former is not too good at. Cassandra may very well have strength or speed of a No. 1, but if that doesn't translate to fluid movements with her sword strikes, then she's bound to get in trouble even with three single-digits.

I remember in Scene 119 that Cassandra said that she "ground her teeth in vexation for only being able to fight with such a technique." Maybe, just maybe, she was most comfortable with her swordplay in that weird position, in the same manner that some snipers are most comfortable shooting prone while others prefer shooting off-hand while standing, kneeling, etc.

In the above situation, the logical deduction that a more powerful warrior becomes a more powerful AB is retained.

Then there's the possibility that Roxanne was speaking the truth, how then did the weakest of the three resurrected No. 1 warriors become the strongest when awakened? Could her utter hatred for Roxanne at the time of her death have boosted her strength in the same manner that Priscilla's hatred has boosted her powers to unfathomable levels? It's certainly possible.

Did Cassandra actually use the Dust Eater on Roxanne? I remember her using it to dodge her spikes, but not for attacking. It would have been effective on Roxanne's spindly (sorry) legs, what with her poor regeneration.

I'm not hating on Roxanne, but the imagery of an anorexic model (credit Fermat) jumping up to avoid the Dust Eater is ridiculous. Come to think of it, her awakened form is not really suited for combat (mostly aesthetically speaking, that is).

Anyway, what does that say about her strength if Cassandra didn't even feel the need to use her ace? You would expect that from beings on a similar level.
    If I had to guess based on the illustrations, I'd say she did use DE against Roxanne the moment she lashed out. It's apparent she used it to evade the whips, and she must've certainly used it to attack. The mental image of Roxanne's gangly form jumping up and down as if skipping rope made me inhale my cola. Anyway, I've thought about it and considered a few possibilities. First, given how Roxanne had eight whips, she might've used a few to fend off the tentacles aimed at her legs since she knows they're coming for them as she knows the DE. Another possibility is that she kept regenerating her legs over and over like this, eventually exhausting herself.

3. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Had not considered the idea of having a No. 1's power level, but without the aptitudes or skills of one unless specific circumstances are met. How did I miss this? We have Miata there, a potential No. 1 but with a few things interfering.

I guess I interpreted Roxanne's words a bit too literally. The Dust Eater is the way Cassandra found to express her real strength. I wonder how she came up with it.

Anyway, so hatred strikes again! Or at least a very strong emotion can influence the awakening process. With what Daae said this chapter about not underestimating the effect a will has on a body, I see how that can happen.

We might actually have had the answer staring at us for a while. We had wondered how Clare could defeat Rigaldo with just her arms and legs awakened, and the explanations centered mainly on having Teresa inside her, or the cliche shonen protagonist powering up with strong emotions, but there could be another way.

Clare's emotions in Pieta were really intense to say the least. Can't say whether she hated Rigaldo, but she was extremely pissed off at him. Such anger could have magnified her half awakening process, giving her enormous power (similar to Cassandra).

And tying in Daae's words, she wished for speed so much her body changed to accommodate for that (but I suspect this works within some guidelines; you just can't go wishing for whatever you want).

Another instance would be Hysteria. Having reached (in her estimation) the fastest speed one can reach on land, she wanted the same in the air, and so she got wings. Though in her case it could be more of an unconscious desire.

Daae's words now make me wonder whether it's really Jean preventing Clare from half-awakening. Teresa's wish was for Clare to live as a human, and becoming an awakened being is the furthest you can get from that.

I'd expect her love for Clare and desires to still be present in her flesh (yoki did it!), and interfere with the awakening process. Perhaps a stretch, but not impossible, seeing as Irene sensed Teresa instead of Clare, suggesting that her presence is strong in Clare.

Yagi might be doing strange stuff at the moment, but his story has some cool and interesting concepts.
    Last edited by Dark Night; May 01, 2013 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Shiro 2

5. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

now that you bring up Jean what about her how can a warrior fully awaken yet hold there mind, and then be pulled back to human form ?....why was jean not the strongest of them all?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I really want Cassandra to join the Claymore. Although i think the only way that can happen is if she defeats the Awakened here, and kills them. Because it doesnt look like they'll leave her alone.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

@ number12michael

I'm going to go with Jean having the strongest mind/willpower of anyone in the manga, and probably well above everyone else in that area. She would have something like an S+ or more.

Awakening seems to plunge your mind into chaos as well, and no normal warrior has so far been able to resist crossing the limit.

You need extraordinary focus to be able to pull off what Jean did, and now that you mention it, she must have really hated her yoma side (though she didn't look it), or she really, desperately wanted to stay human and so focused her will on that.

Considering her body had fully awakened, I'm now wondering whether she was still just a hybrid once she reverted to her human body. And half-awakening probably wouldn't have been possible for her; she didn't have the right ingredients.

The 4 might have exclusive rights on coming back from going over the limit, but it's not implausible that another normal warrior might be able to resist awakening (though it would obviously be very rare).

Damn, now I miss her! Off to re-read her part.
    Shiro 2

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    I really want Cassandra to join the Claymore. Although i think the only way that can happen is if she defeats the Awakened here, and kills them. Because it doesnt look like they'll leave her alone.
    @ number12michael

I'm going to go with Jean having the strongest mind/willpower of anyone in the manga, and probably well above everyone else in that area. She would have something like an S+ or more.

Awakening seems to plunge your mind into chaos as well, and no normal warrior has so far been able to resist crossing the limit.

You need extraordinary focus to be able to pull off what Jean did, and now that you mention it, she must have really hated her yoma side (though she didn't look it), or she really, desperately wanted to stay human and so focused her will on that.

Considering her body had fully awakened, I'm now wondering whether she was still just a hybrid once she reverted to her human body. And half-awakening probably wouldn't have been possible for her; she didn't have the right ingredients.

The 4 might have exclusive rights on coming back from going over the limit, but it's not implausible that another normal warrior might be able to resist awakening (though it would obviously be very rare).

Damn, now I miss her! Off to re-read her part.
    I have a feeling Cassandra is going to disable all the awakened beings....as pointed out she cut off the ones legs and then moved on to attack Octavia(unlike before where she would cut off legs and then the head) i think she herd Miria talking and is going to ask the Ghosts why is so far from Staff and whats going on. She will join them and they will head to the holy city to get Europa

And have you notice that Dae has yet to identify the Riful doll by any sort of name , and Rubel has not asked anything about where it could have came from....they cam obviously see them so i dont get why they are not like "oh wow that thing looks like Riful and shoots wepons like Duph....and they both dead???"
    Last edited by number12michael; May 01, 2013 at 03:34 PM.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClaFanN1 View Post
    It's official, Claymore is the most boring manga that ever existed.
    It used to be good and enjoyable, at least (although cheesy). But it became really worse. Nowadays, I just keep reading it to see the end.

Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    And have you notice that Dae has yet to identify the Riful doll by any sort of name , and Rubel has not asked anything about where it could have came from....they cam obviously see them so i dont get why they are not like "oh wow that thing looks like Riful and shoots wepons like Duph....and they both dead???"
    Good observation there. Given all the speculations they are throwing about, it's odd that they haven't even once touched on the origin or nature of Riful-Doll.

Daae was riled up about not knowing the existence of a being that surpasses the Abyssal Ones. Here we have another one battling the other one, and neither Daae nor Rubel have made a single comment as to where it came from.

It's not like these guys are a common occurrence. Very suspicious. Might have something to do with that 'detour' Daae took.
    Shiro 2

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Might have something to do with that 'detour' Daae took.
    I think thats going to be what the Riful Doll is. I think with Dae he wont say anything unless asked.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I decided gave this chapter a seven.

Firstly, really glad that Dae and Rubel talked about how emotions interact with awakening and what makes a claymore’s power. The hate thing was really distracting; mainly because of how random it felt, but with the love thing included it feels right and balanced now. Simply because it puts it back into the 'mental capabillities' arena again.

It's a comparason I've never thought of before, but before this chapter came out I came up with the analogy that 'Priscilla is Dr Bruce Banner' (a.k.a 'the Incredible Hulk'.), where as long as he\she is angry; he\she is indestructable to everything including, common sense.

This has simply returned things to the status quoto (not a bad thing); 'I am strong because I have the focus and determination to be' as opposed to 'I am strong because'.

Secondly, seeing Riful-doll using it's brains is a really nice thing, harkening back to the times when every character had the abillity to fight using the cards they've been handed.

Thirdly, nice to see Cassandra possibly back. Not much to say on it because so little happens really.

And finally, glad to see that Galatea is about to climb back in the saddle, as well as a big ‘hurray’ that Miata and clarice are getting some love.

Something I thought of; (Controversal statements incoming brace yourselves.)

On Riful-doll eating the destoryer remains:

Since we’ve seen how eating an enemy's remains can have a negitive effect, Cassandra eating Roxanna as an example; increased Priscilla’s control over her.

Is the Destoyer acting strategically?

It intrigues me because of how we've seen the Destroyer behave before; often allwoing symbiosis to achieve it's goals. I say this because rather than comsuming or destroying Clare the destoyer (actually oppisite to its name even) chose to incorporate Clare into itself and even follow Clare's mental desires. Could what happens here be a return to that kind of thing?

I almost feel that rather than being 'eaten'; Riful-doll is offering the Destroyer to share it's form in return the destroyer syphons energy from Priscilla and passes it to Riful-doll. As they share the same goal; Priscilla’s destruction. Just a thought
    A good move; rather than the generic ‘by eating the smaller creature the bigger one has learned its abillities’ and given that syncronising yoki has never seemingly require one character to ‘eat’ another.

On Cassandra: (this effects my thoughts on the next chapter).

Since someone brought it up about Cassandra’s abillities only being on par with a no.5 Claymore; as stated by Roxanna.

I always felt that Roxanna’s comment was always based on inaccuracy; mainly because she (Roxanna) was jealous of Cass, and underestimated her due to her former’s overestimation of herself. Roxanna is hardly a unbaised observer.

Even the images we were seeing at the time, while this was going on (her fighting the 3 current generation single digits), was praticularly misleading. Notice how flustered, even confused Cassandra is, although there’s a hint of embarrassment as well. I imagine it is hard to fight when she is confronted by warriors she has never seen before; perhaps even wondering why they were attacking her in the first place.
    It’s like comparing how Clare normally fights, with how she’d fight while being chastised by Miria. Or asking a great basketball player to play a game naked; so not fair to judge lol.

Speculation on next chapter;
    Because two of the three situations aren’t really all that (more fighting P vs R-D+D-R) and Galatea and co. vs Europa)

Straight to the topic of Cassandra. In this chapter we simply see Cassandra regain herself (maybe) and disable some awakeneds, then take off.

I personally really like Cassandra as a character; mainly because of the truma she's been through and how tragic her death was. I think what has happened is that Cassandra has had her memories reset to the time she died.

She lost her friend and then was accused of a crime she didn't commit with no hope of setting the record straight. She’s run away to try to get her head straight; I know I would if I had no idea what was going on and the closest people to family were attacking me accompanied by mortal enermies.

She would run from awakeneds and Claymores on sight; so I put forward the idea she’s going to have a Raki encounter, as she’d have no reason to have a beef with a normal human.
    Last edited by Decepticon; May 01, 2013 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
    Until (or should I say, unless) Yagi tells us otherwise, it could go either way. It's his story, afterall... so logic doesn't mean squat. But for argument's sake, assuming Yagi hasn't entirely given up on plot development, I'd prefer logic to... whim.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zushiko's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Its quite a nice chapter. I really thought that this chapter would be the end for Riful-doll.

In some way the flesh of the loved ones of claymores are acting like a wedge or a limiter. Not that it surprised me but meh I'll just leave it.

Cassandra using her tentacles could easily cut her opponents legs? I'm quite surprised that she managed to damage that poor thing, just a question: after getting cut did that AB died or should we assume that its already minced meat? Anyway all the AB's are bound to be fodder so I wouldnt really be surprised.

The fight against Europa would be interesting because we will get to see Galatea back in action. If Nina is there I think her technique would be useful as it can detect or follow the traces left by Europa but I doubt it, I think the final blow would be coming from Galatea or Miata.

As for Roxanne im quite intrigued also about her death as a claymore. I think she was strong as a claymore but in her awakened form she's quite trashy. She could have put more defiance against Cassandra but I think reason why she never did such was she didn't like to be used anymore. I think she became more pacified when she learned that she was forced to awakened. She didn't want to lose her human mind. I still like her.

What I liked about this chapter are:
    1. Riful-doll's siphon skill
    2. Europa's comment
    3. Cassandra ready to fight back
    4. Seeing Raftela

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zushiko View Post
    Its quite a nice chapter. I really thought that this chapter would be the end for Riful-doll.

In some way the flesh of the loved ones of claymores are acting like a wedge or a limiter. Not that it surprised me but meh I'll just leave it.

Cassandra using her tentacles could easily cut her opponents legs? I'm quite surprised that she managed to damage that poor thing, just a question: after getting cut did that AB died or should we assume that its already minced meat? Anyway all the AB's are bound to be fodder so I wouldnt really be surprised.

The fight against Europa would be interesting because we will get to see Galatea back in action. If Nina is there I think her technique would be useful as it can detect or follow the traces left by Europa but I doubt it, I think the final blow would be coming from Galatea or Miata.

As for Roxanne im quite intrigued also about her death as a claymore. I think she was strong as a claymore but in her awakened form she's quite trashy. She could have put more defiance against Cassandra but I think reason why she never did such was she didn't like to be used anymore. I think she became more pacified when she learned that she was forced to awakened. She didn't want to lose her human mind. I still like her.

What I liked about this chapter are:
    1. Riful-doll's siphon skill
    2. Europa's comment
    3. Cassandra ready to fight back
    4. Seeing Raftela
    Do you think that with Europa going to the city and there being so many warriors are we going to finally see some claymore deaths, like im talking war in the north flora get cut in half kinda deaths

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I think there might be, I think the Warriors will definitely struggle against Europa. We dont know what her technique is like, it could be similair to Roxannes ability to hide her yoki completely, only on a much more stronger level, mayeb she can do it on more than one ?

And will Raftelas Ability work on an Awakened Being, wasnt she made to only fight Warriors ?
    Last edited by BleachFan2010; May 02, 2013 at 01:30 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    ^ I think there might be, I think the Warriors will definitely struggle against Europa. We dont know what her technique is like, it could be similair to Roxannes ability to hide her yoki completely, only on a much more stronger level, mayeb she can do it on more than one ?

And will Raftelas Ability work on an Awakened Being, wasnt she made to only fight Warriors ?
    Roxanne had no limit to how many people she could hide from all it said was "could completely hide her yoki from specific targets"- from my vol 21

and yeah i hope Europa kills some of them.....i did not see her betraying the ghosts so i have no idea what is going to happen in that regard lol.....will Europa flee once she starts to lose ?

New Reply
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast