Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 6.2 / 10)

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

0 0%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

1 2.94%
  • 8 (Epic)

8 23.53%
  • 7 (Good)

12 35.29%
  • 6 (Average)

4 11.76%
  • 5 (Below Average)

2 5.88%
  • 4 (Bad)

2 5.88%
  • 3 (Horrible)

3 8.82%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

1 2.94%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

1 2.94%
New Reply
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 138 Discussions /139 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 138 Discussions /139 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    Personally i think that in Claymore quality is A LOT more important than quantity, infact i never saw a case where simply having more warriors was effective against a stronger opponent.

Said that, Europa may be the closest to abyssal-level (but she's clearly quite far from abyssal level), but her real problem against the warriors won't be that they are numerous, her problem will be that between those warriors there are some very dangerous elements like Gala, Raftella and Miata.
    Actually, Miata alone has a potential that is by far greater than Europa so i don't agree that if Europa will die it will be 'cause she is stupid, she'll die because she is not strong enough.........not to mention that it's even possible that Miria's team (beside Claire probably) could decide to return to Rabona if the battles take a bad turn and if that happens Europa has no chance at all.
    i got a feeling Miria is going to convince cassy to join them.

and what he ment by her dying by being "stupid" is that she will likely fake death and someone like Gala who can still sense her yoki will do a finishing blow I.E. Europas flaw in her personality will be her down fall just like Hysteria's Pride and her attitude towards "Elegance" was her downfall
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt be suprised if Clare actually went to the aid of Rabona considering Raki's there. I mean Yagi showed us Clare's reaction to Europas proposal of all the organs in Rabona being laid out for her, it would be weird if Clare didnt go to protect Raki lol. But for Clare to get to Rabona quick enough shell probably have to use lots of Yoki to speed up, considering how quick Europa is, and that might attract Priscilla O.O'

And wouldnt it be hilarious if Europa just mowed her way through the Warriors and went straight for the Soilders? Considering her hunger is that intense she might not even notice shes being damaged.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    i got a feeling Miria is going to convince cassy to join them.

she will likely fake death and someone like Gala who can still sense her yoki will do a finishing blow
    I hope Cass does join them, and if she does I think that her and the other Awakened could possibly go after Riful-Doll while the Warriors go after Priscilla :O

And although Galatea is the best at sensing Yoki would she be able to sense it if it were completely suppressed like the Ghosts was ? Because she didn't know what was happening to Agatha before Miria spoke.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    Either way, she is dead meat. She will be killed in 2 to 3 chapters.
    She may kill some Claymores, but that's it.
    I agree that she'll die soon, but the way things have been going these past chapters, I'm even wondering if anybody will die at all. I mean, the lot of them were sitting ducks when the three ZAOs awakened, and due to certain circumstances, none of them died.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
    Ah, I had forgotten that. Makes you wonder how strong Rigaldo really was. Or Isley for that matter; I do remember Chronos stating that he was really strong.
    This is why, in a previous post, I considered the possibility that Europa may only be on par with Rigaldo, or possibly stronger, but not by much. Rigaldo was the male No. 2, which means he likely exceeded even the top-tier female No. 2 (save for the Soul Link No. 2 warriors Rafaela and Beth), but I believe he's below a female No. 1. Purely speculation on my part, really. Again, we don't have an "average" awakened No. 1 to compare his performance in Pieta to. There's Rosemary, a former No. 1 turned No. 2 who awakened, but she went up against Teresa, so she got her ass handed to her before she could even do anything dramatic.

And now that you mention it, Anastasia's hair (shudder) could prove to be effective. If she prepares something like a web, Europa might get entangled in it (sadly enough I can see her falling for that, unless she is indeed a sensor).
    I'm guessing they'll just be for evasive purposes. Europa's sharp blades would likely stop her from getting entangled.

Personally i think that in Claymore quality is A LOT more important than quantity, infact i never saw a case where simply having more warriors was effective against a stronger opponent.

Said that, Europa may be the closest to abyssal-level (but she's clearly quite far from abyssal level), but her real problem against the warriors won't be that they are numerous, her problem will be that between those warriors there are some very dangerous elements like Gala, Raftella and Miata.
    Actually, Miata alone has a potential that is by far greater than Europa so i don't agree that if Europa will die it will be 'cause she is stupid, she'll die because she is not strong enough.........not to mention that it's even possible that Miria's team (beside Claire probably) could decide to return to Rabona if the battles take a bad turn and if that happens Europa has no chance at all.
    How stupid of me. I forgot Raftela. Indeed she's another asset. My only concern is Europa's yoki size. We know that Raftela's mind control broke the moment Roxanne awakened. I'm guessing her ability has the same limitations as Galatea's technique, i.e. if the opponent's yoki is too large, she wouldn't be able to do much. Now, Europa's yoki is logically smaller than Roxanne's, but by how much? Would Raftela being in tip-top shape and Europa's smaller (but still significant) yoki allow the former to maintain her technique? Then there's Galatea's input as well. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Fermat; May 06, 2013 at 05:25 AM.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It's rue that we don't know how much Raftela's power will be able to affect Europa, but to be fair Europa is not as strong as Roxy and, above all, now Raftela is not almost dead as she was when trying to use her power against Roxy.

Also i'm not so sure that Raftela's power has the same limitations as Gala's power since while Gala's power consist in "forcing" her own power against her opponents, Raftela's power instead use her opponents power and emotions against themselves. Imo power doesn't limit Raftela's trick(well, at least not as much as Gala's manipulation), imo to resist Raftela is more important having a powerful mind, not a powerful "body".

Also, i really don't think Europa will be killed while faking her death especially since i really doubt that the ABs that stayed around Rabona for days didn't know about Galatea.
    Gala is a famous warrior, even Agatha knew who she was, i don't think there is anyone stupid enough to belive to be able to deceive Gala.

About Cassy joining the gosts.....i don't think it will happen.
    I hoped Cassy to join the ghosts in the past, when the other two AOs were still alive, but now? It would end up being quite pointless imo since at best she could end up being destroyed by Prissy or absorbed by chibi-Riful.
    Cassy is too weak to help Claire in her fight against Prissy and at the same time she's too strong to help the other warriors against Europa (since if she enters that fight than that would be dull).

Well, technically there would be a way IMO for Cassy to join the ghosts without creating those problems that i mentioned before: she has to come back to her human form (thanx to Claire, maybe?).
    Last edited by MalakTawus; May 06, 2013 at 08:40 AM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's rue that we don't know how much Raftela's power will be able to affect Europa, but to be fair Europa is not as strong as Roxy and, above all, now Raftela is not almost dead as she was when trying to use her power against Roxy.

Also i'm not so sure that Raftela's power has the same limitations as Gala's power since while Gala's power consist in "forcing" her own power against her opponents, Raftela's power instead use her opponents power and emotions against themselves. Imo power doesn't limit Raftela's trick(well, at least not as much as Gala's manipulation), imo to resist Raftela is more important having a powerful mind, not a powerful "body".

Also, i really don't think Europa will be killed while faking her death especially since i really doubt that the ABs that stayed around Rabona for days didn't know about Galatea.
    Gala is a famous warrior, even Agatha knew who she was, i don't think there is anyone stupid enough to belive to be able to deceive Gala.

I hoped Cassy to join the ghosts in the past, when the other two AOs were still alive, but now? It would end up being quite pointless imo since at best she could end up being destroyed by Prissy or absorbed by chibi-Riful.
    Cassy is too weak to help Claire in her fight against Prissy and at the same time she's too strong to help the other warriors against Europa (since if she enters that fight than that would be dull).

Well, technically there would be a way IMO for Cassy to join the ghosts without creating those problems that i mentioned before: she has to come back to her human form (thanx to Claire, maybe?).
    "Human form" do you mean that she will de awaken ? or that she will be in her human form and fighting as a "warrior"
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm ive been wondering, considering Priscilla's flesh is inside Cassandra and the hold of Priscilla has been stopped, does Cass have Priscilla's ability to recreate her body ?

Because shes regenerating super fast in this chapter, its like shes not even injured, and she didnt regenerate that quick against Roxanne.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

It's rue that we don't know how much Raftela's power will be able to affect Europa.
    I'm wondering if she'll be able to affect her at all, I know she can affect the sense of opponents and make them Hallucinate and delirious, like Miria with Hilda, but would Europa have anything that could send her into a similair state as Miria?

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

I dont think she'll join them, its more like aiding them :P and if she survives everything shell probably mosey off somewhere or the Ghosts will beat her. <--- I can see that happening, considering how Helen commented that Octavia and Co. will be easy for them to beat if they're fought one on one (those backstabbers!!)

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Mangastream has released their scanlation with Waychanger's translation.

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    Hmm ive been wondering, considering Priscilla's flesh is inside Cassandra and the hold of Priscilla has been stopped, does Cass have Priscilla's ability to recreate her body ?

Because shes regenerating super fast in this chapter, its like shes not even injured, and she didnt regenerate that quick against Roxanne.
    Probably not recreating her body per se, but something like instant regeneration. Which is still more than impressive for an offensive warrior.

I doubt just having Priscilla's flesh in you is enough to grant you her ability, unless it's something inherent to her yoki.

The Destroyer was at some point fused (or something like that, Yagi didn't bother explaining it) to her, so I wonder whether it's got that ability as well (though it doesn't have a body proper to speak of).

And maybe eating Roxanne improved the quality and speed of Cassandra's regeneration. We don't really know what makes one have better regeneration than another (specifically for ABs, though it's not clear either for warriors; offensive and defensive roll off the tongue but don't clear things up).

Quote Quote:
    I'm wondering if she'll be able to affect her at all, I know she can affect the sense of opponents and make them Hallucinate and delirious, like Miria with Hilda, but would Europa have anything that could send her into a similair state as Miria?
    Practically every warrior has skeletons in her/his closet; it should be possible to find some painful memories from Europa's past. The trouble is, she is an AB. Their consciousness is radically different from a human's, so there is no telling how Europa would react, or whether you can even access those memories. Hell, you might find things in there rather too chaotic for your sanity.

And it might not be a brilliant idea trying to waddle into an AB's memories. I'm guessing Raftella has to sift through them looking for something to use? How do you react when you encounter said AB feasting on human guts? I imagine that's one memory that is frequently re-occurring. 'Damn, that one tasted good! Better than that old guy last week. Old guts taste like old leather. Now, the young ones...'

Sorry.

The other thing is, if she is really that hungry, her mind might be filled with nothing but hunger, thus complicating Raftella's task. But she has displayed another ability; somehow messing with your vision or sense of direction (how Cassandra and Roxanne kept missing, even though the latter was aware of what was going on). That might work on Europa.

In general though, once you figure out Galatea's trick you can guard against it, but that requires a cool head, something Europa probably doesn't have right now. Raftella (if hers can work on an opponent of Europa's caliber) might be more difficult to get rid off.

It looks like once she has you you are done for, especially if what she is using against you was very traumatic. For some reason you believe whatever is happening, when you should know better (Aizen!!) Imagine if she got hold of Clare's guilt over Teresa's death.

Thinking about it, Raftella's ability is really nasty.
    Last edited by Dark Night; May 06, 2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Shiro 2

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Maybe Cassandra has gotten the ability similair to how Clare got Rafaelas memories ? Maybe they had an internal battle and Pris won (obviously lol) but when Clare destroyed the portion of Priscilla some of Priscillas Yoki was left in Cassandra. And what happened to Priscillas arm when the Three Resurrected Ones Awakened ? Did it transform too or did it affect there Yoki, or have no effect at all ?

Yeah Raftela is pretty dangerous, i wonder though would it be easier for her to infiltrate someones mind with a smaller amount of Yoki emanating from their body rather than at their full power ? With Miria Raftela screwed her over in seconds with only a small amount of Yoki being released. Maybe it'll be more trickier with Europa who can use all of her power without the worry of having to limit herself? What would happen to Raftela if Europa charged her Yoki for an attack then released it? Would she be repelled from her mind ? I think something similair happened to Renee when she attempted to Awakene Lucy and Raph.

And i think if Raftela encounteres Europa feeding in her memories it might put her off trying again lol.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Imagine if she got hold of Clare's guilt over Teresa's death.
    God knows what would happen then :O We saw Miria cry her eyes out over Hilda. Her head would probably explode form the shock (just kidding :P) Naw shed probably just blare her eyes out too

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    ^ Maybe Cassandra has gotten the ability similair to how Clare got Rafaelas memories ? Maybe they had an internal battle and Pris won (obviously lol) but when Clare destroyed the portion of Priscilla some of Priscillas Yoki was left in Cassandra. And what happened to Priscillas arm when the Three Resurrected Ones Awakened ? Did it transform too or did it affect there Yoki, or have no effect at all ?

Yeah Raftela is pretty dangerous, i wonder though would it be easier for her to infiltrate someones mind with a smaller amount of Yoki emanating from their body rather than at their full power ? With Miria Raftela screwed her over in seconds with only a small amount of Yoki being released. Maybe it'll be more trickier with Europa who can use all of her power without the worry of having to limit herself? What would happen to Raftela if Europa charged her Yoki for an attack then released it? Would she be repelled from her mind ? I think something similair happened to Renee when she attempted to Awakene Lucy and Raph.

And i think if Raftela encounteres Europa feeding in her memories it might put her off trying again lol.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

God knows what would happen then :O We saw Miria cry her eyes out over Hilda. Her head would probably explode form the shock (just kidding :P) Naw shed probably just blare her eyes out too
    and from what i can tell Rafutera can trick you into believing as miria said "wait hilda i thought you.....NO you lived" she is really quite a nasty bitch lol.

But i doubt it will be effective on Europa as Rubel said it is no more then a distraction, and i got a feeling Europa is going to zip right past the warriors and go right to the guts

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Poor Miria, she should have seen through it!!

And i think thats what may happen, a few lower ranked Warriors will lose their arms and shell go "Kuhi Kuhi" then shell be owned :/

I hope she goes down with a bang though. And hopefully Galateas the one who does her in
    Last edited by BleachFan2010; May 06, 2013 at 01:43 PM.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

@ BleachFan2010

Too many questions...not enough knowledge, Yagi is stingy with his reveals

Anyway, Priscilla's flesh is probably in there somewhere, but since so little was used it's generally not enough to dominate the owner of the body. But even so, it was the foundation used to bring them back to life.

It wasn't until Hysteria was near death that her (Priscilla's) yoki manifested itself. And with Cassandra having eaten Roxanne, she probably had too much (....) Priscilla in her.

That is likely why Priscilla managed to take over her body, that and the vast difference in power. I had ignored this last fact, so it's possible Cassandra might have Priscilla's ability. But can she do it that well without access to immeasurable yoki reserves?

On Raftella, I had the impression that she'd have more difficulties messing with your yoki when you are releasing large amounts of it, but it's not certain. Dauph's yoki was huge, but Galatea still managed to troll him (this is assuming both abilities work on the same basic principle, though it's likely that even back then Galatea was a far superior sensor).

The difference might be in the quality and control of your yoki. Dauph's probably was sloppy, uncontrolled, with a lot of openings. It appears Europa can control hers far better; she would need to to be able to completely erase it when she is playing dead.

So if Europa maintains a tight and focused control on her yoki she might have a good shield against both sensors' abilities. If. Seeing as she is being driven by her hunger now, I suspect control is the last thing on her mind.

Although if what Raftella does is more delicate, she will probably have issues, especially since Europa's yoki is much more than Miria has, and maybe more chaotic or alien (due to her nature).

Interesting (and apt) comparison with Renee, Rafaela and Luciela. There indeed should be a way to repel Raftella from your mind. But if you are not aware of her you are very screwed, especially if you are busy dealing with other opponents. In that situation, she sneaks in, and you won't realize it unti it's too late. If you do realize it, of course.

A sensor might, and be able to counter it, which is why it's interesting since Europa is one as well. There could also be a sort of backlash effect that leaves Raftella stunned or in pain, especially if she is dealing with someone that much stronger.
    But that goddamn hunger will likely make her lose her mind.
    Last edited by Dark Night; May 06, 2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Add a few things
    Shiro 2

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Dark Night

Isnt he? XD

And Priscilla's arm is a mystery lol. I think it was responsible for the memory loss in Cassandra and Hysteria.

And I think if Cassandra does have the same technique as Priscilla, she will be unable to use it limitlessly and will eventually drain her Yoki. Similair to how Dae said Riful-Doll would run out of fuel eventually as long as the battle dragged out, until she got the Destroyer.

I think a large burst of Yoki could definitely repel a sensor/manipulators technique. Dauf was pretty helpless against Galatea until Riful told him to "focus all his power" into his attacks, before that his Yoki, like you said, was probably all over the place and not controlled.

I hink if Europa can erase her Yoki when she's "defeated" who's to say she can't do it while she's fighting? That would remove Raftelas technique from the fight, although there'd probably still be very small traces of Yoki moving around Europas body, so Raftela would probably use it.

And Europa is probably stronger than both Agatha and Dauf so could Galatea be able to properly manipulate her even if she's not fighting seriously ? Although I wonder if Europa actually will fight seriously and only allow herself to be "defeated" once the fight becomes troublesome to her?

Would Clare be able to feel the technique of Raftela coming for her with her technique ?

And is there any limitation to how much Raftela can do while using her ability? Can she move while doing it ? Or is complete concentration required ? She did need total concentration when using it on Roxanne, although she was weakened, so maybe using it on Europa who is pretty swift will be more taxing on her mind ?

And i think her hunger will allow the two sensors to combine their ability. She wont escape Rabona.

I'd lol if Raki beat her O.O'

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    "Human form" do you mean that she will de awaken ? or that she will be in her human form and fighting as a "warrior"
    I meant de awakened, that's why i said that Claire could play a role in that ("reversing" the awakening).
    I know it's almost impossible, but the other case (the one where she is still awakened but simply stay in human form) wouldn't change the problem that i mentioned before since she would still be a lot stronger than Europa, the fight would be pointless 'cause everyone would know that all Cassy has to do is simply "change form".

.......actually, in that case there wouldn't be any fight in the first place since Europa herself would know that her only option is to escape as fast as possible hoping that Cassy won't decide to hunt her down.
    Last edited by MalakTawus; May 06, 2013 at 06:27 PM.

Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

@ BleachFan2010

It would be a very nifty ability if Europa could 'erase' or completely hide her yoki and at the same time still fight efficiently. I suppose it's somehow similar to Roxanne's ability, but with Europa doing it with multiple targets.

Actually when she awakened her arms to cut off Cassandra's legs no one there seemed to notice anything, so it's possible she might have it (but my gut tells me that ability would be too deadly, so I doubt Yagi will give it to her).

I also asked myself whether Galatea can manipulate Europa. Pre-emptive Yoki Sensing is the one sensing ability I can think of that works regardless of the difference in power level (apart from releasing too much yoki).

Yoki Alignment (which seems to be the basis of Galatea's technique, and probably Raftella's) is more delicate, requires seeing, timing, concentration, and using your own yoki.

If there is any such thing as yoki flow, the more dense/uniform it is, the more difficult it would be to mess with it. Galatea being experienced can use it while fighting as well, but I feel there should be a point beyond which trying to manipulate someone doesn't work.

Like how the Destroyer's offshoots tried to take over Priscilla but failed because of the difference in power. I doubt Galatea can manipulate an Abyssal One. Europa is close to one, but is it enough to render the abilities useless?

That might also work with Raftella, given that she is even much weaker than Galatea. At this point the latter is likely a No. 2, and she did mention that her yoki sensing had grown a lot since she lost her eyes. Whether an increase in yoki sensing equates to better yoki alignment isn't clear, but I think the latter would need to be trained.

Mmm, sensor vs. sensor? When Raftella is using her technique, she sends/projects her yoki into you, I guess? Clare might sense a surge of yoki; whether she can detect that it's headed for her is unknown. Depends on whether there is any travel time associated with it. If it's instant, well, she is screwed. Perhaps PYS can pick it up.

I also thought she might be able to recognize that there is a yoki with a different signature in her, though that might be a bit too late.

I was mistaken on Raftela's ability. It's not really digging through her target's memories. She amplifies whatever feelings are present in your heart, screwing with your mind. The hallucinations are the result of this, but it's not clear whether she has any control on those.

I would imagine this requires concentration, seeing as she is also using her yoki, and that should limit her movements. She probably can't seriously fight in those conditions.
    Shiro 2

New Reply
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast